- - - - -

Silly Question, On Clan Weps.

24 replies to this topic

#1 N0MAD

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,757 posts

Posted 23 May 2014 - 10:22 PM

Can the weapons in the omni pod be changed?.

#2 cleghorn6

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Patron Saint
  • The Patron Saint
  • 511 posts

Posted 23 May 2014 - 10:26 PM

No. The pods are interchangable, but not weapons within the pod is my understanding.

So on your Adder you can swap the left arm of your Prime variant for the left arm of either of the others, but you can't just pull out one of the PPCs and put in a ML (or whatever).

#3 Asmosis

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 2,118 posts

Posted 23 May 2014 - 10:34 PM

It depends on the weapon. Some are locked in, some can be swapped out. clan mechs would suck pretty badly if they were all fixed.

#4 CyborgDragon

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 356 posts
  • LocationRight behind you o.o

Posted 23 May 2014 - 10:36 PM

View PostAsmosis, on 23 May 2014 - 10:34 PM, said:

It depends on the weapon. Some are locked in, some can be swapped out. clan mechs would suck pretty badly if they were all fixed.

This^
So far the only clan 'mech we have with a fixed weapon is the Adder (IIRC), and that's only the Flamer in its CT, the PPCs can still be swapped out for another weapon.

#5 N0MAD

• 1,757 posts

Posted 23 May 2014 - 10:36 PM

View Postcleghorn6, on 23 May 2014 - 10:26 PM, said:

No. The pods are interchangable, but not weapons within the pod is my understanding.

So on your Adder you can swap the left arm of your Prime variant for the left arm of either of the others, but you can't just pull out one of the PPCs and put in a ML (or whatever).

Now thats the impression i was under but ive been told different.

Edited by N0MAD, 23 May 2014 - 10:38 PM.

#6 Nothing Whatsoever

• Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 3,655 posts
  • LocationNowhere

Posted 23 May 2014 - 10:52 PM

Well, here is the Command Chair post on the matter.

#7 N0MAD

• 1,757 posts

Posted 23 May 2014 - 11:05 PM

View PostPraetor Knight, on 23 May 2014 - 10:52 PM, said:

Well, here is the Command Chair post on the matter.

For the life of me i can not see anywhere on that document anything about changing weapons in an omni pod or not..
Am i blind? can you quote the part that states it?.
TY

#8 MAFH

• PipPip
  • The Ominous
  • The Ominous
  • 49 posts
  • LocationLocation

Posted 23 May 2014 - 11:11 PM

Each OmniPod has a set of properties. When an OmniPod is equipped to a 'Mech, its properties are applied to the location and/or 'Mech (as appropriate).
The chassis to which the OmniPod can be equipped.
The location to which the OmniPod can be equipped.
A SET OF HARDPOINTS.
A number of jump jet slots.
A number of module slots.
A set of quirks.
The individual quirks on an OmniPod can be set to 0, to have no effect on a 'Mech.

Hardpoints not weapons!

#9 Modo44

• Bad Company
  • 3,559 posts

Posted 23 May 2014 - 11:13 PM

Omnipods come with individual quirks and hardpoint configurations. You can change the weapons loaded into the hardpoints.

#10 Mahws

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 670 posts

Posted 23 May 2014 - 11:15 PM

View PostN0MAD, on 23 May 2014 - 11:05 PM, said:

For the life of me i can not see anywhere on that document anything about changing weapons in an omni pod or not..
TY

Common sense (it's not like those interchangable arms and side torsos all have weapons of the same weight) makes it obvious, but there's also this:

• Equipping a new OmniPod returns all non-fixed weapons and equipment in that location to the player’s inventory.
    • This is to prevent conflicts with changes to hardpoints, actuators, etc.

#11 N0MAD

• 1,757 posts

Posted 23 May 2014 - 11:18 PM

View PostModo44, on 23 May 2014 - 11:13 PM, said:

Omnipods come with individual quirks and hardpoint configurations. You can change the weapons loaded into the hardpoints.

Yep im aware the omni pods have hardpoints,
But i need to ask again cause i cant see it, where does it state that hard points (the weapons) can be changed on that pod.
TY.

#12 Nothing Whatsoever

• Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 3,655 posts
  • LocationNowhere

Posted 23 May 2014 - 11:19 PM

View PostN0MAD, on 23 May 2014 - 11:05 PM, said:

TY

To be fair I could be the blind one, but there was a section that states:
  • Equipping a new OmniPod returns all non-fixed weapons and equipment in that location to the player’s inventory.
    • This is to prevent conflicts with changes to hardpoints, actuators, etc.
My Assumption was that this meant open placement as we currently have after placing a particular Omni pod.

#13 Modo44

• Bad Company
  • 3,559 posts

Posted 23 May 2014 - 11:24 PM

View PostN0MAD, on 23 May 2014 - 11:18 PM, said:

Yep im aware the omni pods have hardpoints,
But i need to ask again cause i cant see it, where does it state that hard points (the weapons) can be changed on that pod.
TY.

You can not do that. You swap entire omnipods -- with hardpoints and quirks -- and then fill in the weapons.

#14 N0MAD

• 1,757 posts

Posted 23 May 2014 - 11:27 PM

View PostMahws, on 23 May 2014 - 11:15 PM, said:

Common sense (it's not like those interchangable arms and side torsos all have weapons of the same weight) makes it obvious, but there's also this:

See i took that to mean, that If for eg, An omni pod for say left arm Variant C contained an Large laser and you fitted a Variant A with a PPC that the Hand actuators were removed and visa versa.
Is there a specific document/paragraph any where you guys know that explicitly details whether hardpoints in omni pods a changable.?

#15 Koniving

Welcoming Committee

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Guide
  • The Guide
  • 23,384 posts

Posted 23 May 2014 - 11:28 PM

View PostN0MAD, on 23 May 2014 - 10:22 PM, said:

Can the weapons in the omni pod be changed?.

Short answer, yes. Like Inner Sphere mechs, the Clan will have hardpoint limits. This much works the same, so long as the weapon is in an OmniPod. If the weapon is "hardwired" then it cannot be changed. The Adder's flamer is hardwired.

Long answer:
The arms, side torsos, "head", and "legs" can be interchanged according to one command chair post. The head and legs confuse me as I don't understand why you would change the legs. I could understand the head (for weapons).
The very description sounds like this.

Which in its original form in 1992 for the SNES, preceded Armored Core.
In its own fit of irony, the very concept that "more hardpoints on a body part has negative impact on your mech's agility" is actually stolen straight from the very first Front Mission game. Certain arms would increase or decrease your accuracy; in later games some even prevented you from being able to react to targets off to the side without expending additional action points.

Generally this rule is applied: If it has more hardpoints it has a negative impact to range or speed.
If it has fewer hardpoints (to none), its impact is very positive.

Disclaimer: This example is an assertion based in how it was explained. Its accuracy with the final result may vary.
Example I have an arm with 1 hardpoint, an arm with 3, another arm with 3, and an arm with 5.
The arm with 1 hardpoint will be really fast with good range of motion.
Arm A with 3 has good range of motion but is slow to move.
Arm B with 3 has good speed but poor range of motion.
Finally the arm with 5 hardpoints is terrible at both.
Whatever arm I pick will tie into effects of the other arm to determine my arm speed and range.

The concept is intended to encourage the use of fewer hardpoints.

Lower Arm Actuators and Hand Actuators are automatically removed when you equip certain types of weapons.

For more details on the weapons themselves, listen to this.

Edited by Koniving, 23 May 2014 - 11:46 PM.

#16 Mahws

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 670 posts

Posted 24 May 2014 - 12:07 AM

View PostN0MAD, on 23 May 2014 - 11:27 PM, said:

See i took that to mean, that If for eg, An omni pod for say left arm Variant C contained an Large laser and you fitted a Variant A with a PPC that the Hand actuators were removed and visa versa.
Is there a specific document/paragraph any where you guys know that explicitly details whether hardpoints in omni pods a changable.?

Weapon: A weapon.
Hardpoint: The numbers of each type of weapon you can put in a section.

E.g. "I filled my three ballistic hardpoints with an AC/2, AC/5 and uAC/5."

The point I quoted was specifically saying "All the equipment you have in a section will be unequipped to avoid any compatibility issues if the new omni-pod you've installed doesn't have the hardpoints to support the weapons you have equipped."

And again, common sense. You can't just swap out omni-pods with all the weapons pre-installed, you'll either end up over or under weight.

#17 LordKnightFandragon

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,239 posts

Posted 24 May 2014 - 12:08 AM

Well, just as long as the Masakari I can mount a PPC in one spot and a Gauss Rifle or UAC10 in the other.....

#18 N0MAD

• 1,757 posts

Posted 24 May 2014 - 12:12 AM

So.
The DireWolf, Primes config is this.
2 ER Large Lasers LArm
2 Medium Pulse Lasers LArm
1 Ultra AC/5 LAarm

1 LRM 10 LTorso

2 ER Large Lasers RArm
2 Medium Pulse Lasers RArm
1 Ultra AC/5 RArm

So your telling me that i can buy just the DireWolf Prime. Go into the mech lab remove the Lasers and AC5s from both the R Arm and Left arm (omni pods) and replace that with say an AC20 in each arm(omni pod)
So that my Dire is still using all prime Parts (lets not worry about weight this is just for example) since both those arms (omni pods) have a ballistic hardpoint each.
I am so confused.

Edited by N0MAD, 24 May 2014 - 12:27 AM.

#19 Mahws

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 670 posts

Posted 24 May 2014 - 12:22 AM

That's the stock load out, yes. But just like an IS mech you'll be able to change those weapons, and additionally you'll be able to swap the omni-pod (hardpoints) from each of the other variants for the side torsos and arms. Here's the hardpoints for the confirmed variants:

Prime:
LA: 4E, 1B
LT: 1M
CT:
RT:
RA: 4E, 1B

A:
LA: 1B
LT: 2M
CT:
RT:
RA: 3E

B:
LA: 4E
LT: 2B
CT:
RT: 2B
RA: 1B

Edited by Mahws, 24 May 2014 - 12:25 AM.

#20 Grimmrog

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 493 posts

Posted 24 May 2014 - 12:24 AM

View PostN0MAD, on 24 May 2014 - 12:12 AM, said:

So.
[color=#959595]The DireWolf, Primes config is this.[/color]

[color=#959595]2 ER Large Lasers LArm[/color]
[color=#959595]2 Medium Pulse Lasers LArm[/color]
[color=#959595]1 Ultra AC/5 LAarm[/color]
[color=#959595]1 LRM 10 LTorso [/color]
[color=#959595]2 ER Large Lasers RArm[/color]
[color=#959595]2 Medium Pulse Lasers RArm[/color]
[color=#959595]1 Ultra AC/5 RArm[/color]

yes this is the prime config, but you switch the prime Leftarms for another variant oe grantign you access on your prime variant to use the weapon hardpoints of the other variant.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users