Unlocking Hero Mech Colors

10 replies to this topic

Poll: Hero Mech Colors (59 member(s) have cast votes)

Would you consider buying a Hero Mech if this was an incentive?

1. Yes (53 votes [89.83%])

Percentage of vote: 89.83%

2. No (6 votes [10.17%])

Percentage of vote: 10.17%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 Will9761

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Brother
  • Big Brother
  • 4,550 posts

Posted 21 January 2014 - 12:19 AM

What do you think about unlocking Hero Mech colors? The idea is that once you buy a Hero mech for MC, you unlock the colors for free. For example if you buy a Heavy Metal, you get colors based off the hero mech. The colors would be named off the mech you bought like, "Heavy Metal Pink", "Heavy Metal Light Pink" and "Heavy Metal Black". And the best part is that you can use these Hero colors on all your owned mechs.

Edited by Will9761, 21 January 2014 - 12:21 AM.

#2 Ryoken

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Determined
  • The Determined
  • 744 posts
  • LocationEuropa, Terra

Posted 21 January 2014 - 02:31 AM

Well as those colors allready exist, why not use them?

#3 GrandLocomon

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 498 posts
  • LocationWestern Australia

Posted 21 January 2014 - 02:45 AM

This would be awesome. You can't even use the colours except in the specific channel it was originally in. For example, you can't have a heavy metal with magenta chest stripes, white-pink body and black leg stripes. [And before anyone says buy those colours separate, please point me to those pinks, oh wait, there aren't any except coral-pink and flesh tone pinks]. The thing is, maybe not for every chassis (imagine all the golden boy gold mechs running around LOL. But at least as usuable colours for any channel, not just original channel, just for the specific hero.

Edited by GrandLocomon, 21 January 2014 - 02:48 AM.

#4 Ryoken

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Determined
  • The Determined
  • 744 posts
  • LocationEuropa, Terra

Posted 21 January 2014 - 04:32 AM

View PostGrandLocomon, on 21 January 2014 - 02:45 AM, said:

This would be awesome. You can't even use the colours except in the specific channel it was originally in. For example, you can't have a heavy metal with magenta chest stripes, white-pink body and black leg stripes. [And before anyone says buy those colours separate, please point me to those pinks, oh wait, there aren't any except coral-pink and flesh tone pinks]. The thing is, maybe not for every chassis (imagine all the golden boy gold mechs running around LOL. But at least as usuable colours for any channel, not just original channel, just for the specific hero.

IIRC from one of the NGNG podcasts "Gold" is not only a color but also a surface property. So switching "Gold" color indeed is a tad more complicated than switching the non metallic effect colors engine-wise.

#5 Anvil ZA

• PipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 21 posts
  • LocationDurban, South Africa

Posted 19 April 2014 - 10:51 AM

I would definately go for this! I can see the problem with certain colours being abused, so maybe if only one or two rarer ones were unlocked that would work. Like for instance I love the green used on my Jester and would have it on a lot of my mechs, so if only the green was unlocked I would be happy.

#6 Burktross

• Bad Company
  • 3,663 posts
  • LocationStill in closed beta

Posted 03 January 2015 - 02:19 PM

YES PLEASE DEAR GOD

#7 Spare Parts Bin

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Contaminator
  • Contaminator
  • 1,743 posts
  • LocationSearching alternate universes via temporal wormhole generator.

Posted 11 January 2015 - 02:10 PM

I no longer have Hero Mechs as I sold all my IS stuff to acquire Clan Tech. None the less special colors should be unlockable.

#8 focuspark

• The Ardent
  • The Ardent
  • 3,180 posts

Posted 11 January 2015 - 09:59 PM

I'll agree, only if you agree we should be able to change the pattern on our hero mechs.

#9 Will9761

• Big Brother
  • Big Brother
  • 4,550 posts

Posted 21 August 2017 - 11:28 AM

bringing this thread back from the dead.

#10 Insanity09

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Death Wish
  • 551 posts

Posted 22 August 2017 - 01:42 PM

I could see being able to apply the default hero mech colors in a new pattern or moving the colors around, that would make sense, so long as it was limited to just the hero mech.

For that matter, I want to be able to keep the hero pattern, but change the colors (to non-hero defaults), that is currently not possible, afaik.

#11 Will9761

• Big Brother
  • Big Brother
  • 4,550 posts

Posted 02 August 2018 - 11:48 PM

What I would I give for some Pride Hero Mech Colors.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users