Posted Image

FTFY

#202 Karuza

• Pip
  • 15 posts
  • LocationSE Minn

Posted 20 October 2012 - 08:03 AM

Kaijin-sama,

Thanks for correctly posting what I was trying to post. It was driving my nuts. Almost was late to work but I wanted to share a picture of the only thing I have left from those days. I originaly had 2 T-shirts, 1 black and 1 blue, but only the black one is left. Most of us from HK/FRR wore these shirts at the last Gencon for EGA MPBT. There will be more to be said about that later. <G> spoiler alert... if you were a Davion at Gencon you probably woke up disliking HK a whole lot more. And probably disliked the fact you had no access to GEnie for a couple days. LOL

Karuza

#203 Mathmatics

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 275 posts
  • LocationDetroit

Posted 20 October 2012 - 08:11 AM

I was Capt. Bad Ash <TWB> Davion in MPBT. I miss that game. I really hope MWO gives us the ability to make our own public and private room. In my opinion that ( and proper hotas support ) are the two biggest things keeping me from putting as much time and love into mwo as I didn MPBT.

#204 Karuza

• Pip
  • 15 posts
  • LocationSE Minn

Posted 20 October 2012 - 08:41 AM

View PostDalfsson, on 30 August 2012 - 04:30 AM, said:

dang. us old farts are coming out the woodwork now ain't we? all we need now is for Li Han Woo to pop up. i don't think these young pups would know what to do if that happened.<VEG>

Chu-Sa Dalfsson 5th SOL CO.(ret)

aka MPBT SonicRock

K-wa Dalfsson-san, It's been about 15-17 years hasnt it? The 5th SoL was the first unit I served in after the Academy. It was also probably the unit that I was in the longest. $6.00 and hour and long distance to dial the POP. So about $9.00 an hour.... I grew moss for fun that first year or so.

Li Han Woo is a legend. Dos Equis would make beer from the sweat of his man sack. And then declare it too good to make money from.
He was hilarious in person. He has wit and charm that you really didn't expect from his outward appearance. His humor was never mean spirited. I actually witnessed A Davion Gen. smile at something he said. I mean. have you EVER heard of a Rat smiling...ok while passing gas, yes.

I was honored to drive him around Millwaukee and chicago for a few days.

#205 Atenshu

• Pip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 19 posts

Posted 20 October 2012 - 11:38 AM

View PostMathmatics, on 20 October 2012 - 08:11 AM, said:

I was Capt. Bad Ash <TWB> Davion in MPBT. I miss that game. I really hope MWO gives us the ability to make our own public and private room. In my opinion that ( and proper hotas support ) are the two biggest things keeping me from putting as much time and love into mwo as I didn MPBT.

Show your support for lobbies in MWO.
http://mwomercs.com/...uest-for-lobby/

#206 GenDread

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 158 posts

Posted 20 October 2012 - 01:13 PM

Heh i love the open house forums :) i get to smile at everyone i used to shoot in MPBT: Solaris AOL/Gamestorm :D

LtGen.Dread ~CO~<Black Widow> *M*

#207 Papa Oomaumau

Rookie

• 3 posts
  • LocationBehind You

Posted 11 November 2012 - 08:53 AM

Old MPBT Kuritan here - from roughly day one to shut-down.
It's so great seeing so many old friends here~!

My old handle:
Sho-Sa Oakenbow <RR> DMD *HK*(...I think ...its been a while, might have been GMD...)

I JUST got started here today! See you'z all on da fields!..... Anyone seen Evo, DragonLady or Smitty (runnin' around in his Jenner) ???

Edited by Papa Oomaumau, 11 November 2012 - 08:57 AM.

#208 shotokan5

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 550 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Locationvirginia

Posted 17 November 2012 - 07:56 PM

I was in 3025 and played to the last moment in House Kurita of course. We created in MW the Draconis Combine which was great fun and met some great friends name was dc_battousai . In 3025 Draco. Now Shotokan5 and am considering returning to my real home if the Draconis Combine has a couple of old guys like me. In 3025 we had the greatest all for fun trash talk and we were really to get a feel like being their. Davion were as I remember the scum of the earth. Liers and cheats. Steiner had it moments but did fight with honor. Man I miss that game even now. If they had followed the idea this game would be the best online game ever but who knows the bean counters run things today. Hail to the only true only noble House KURITA.

#209 Rhent

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 2,045 posts

Posted 18 November 2012 - 12:40 PM

Tai Sa Death from the old Rude Rich days.

#210 Dice

Rookie

• The Resolute
  • 3 posts

Posted 24 November 2012 - 07:34 AM

Rude Rich.... now that's a name I haven't heard in a long time. he was a great guy!

I believe it was RR who contributed seed money so BlackJack could start up the Nekogami which was the first House sponsored Merc group in the summer of 92. Those were the days when we had a small handful of players fighting for the Dragon. Back when Davion and The Bloody Clans made life interesting for us.

Edited by Dice, 24 November 2012 - 07:34 AM.

#211 Gammalight

Rookie

• 1 posts
  • LocationUS--Maine

Posted 23 April 2013 - 06:27 PM

Just found this site! This old man is excited to see and recognize names from the day. I started on AOL and Still have my GameStorm CD... I was with the "Celestial Knights"--Dark Hart. I have not down loaded game yet, but will...you know late night, work in the morning...blah.Great too see so many names I remember!

#212 Woe Wrath

Rookie

• 2 posts

Posted 28 April 2013 - 02:00 PM

Trying to DL today. MPBT on AOL (1997-) and GS. Was CO of 9BR for a while and Founded the WRATH unit within. Miss driving my Cat. Hope to be in soon.

Woe Wrath (AKA Blink) Formerly Tai Sho of Benjamin/Proserpina and Commandant HK War College.

Edited by Woe Wrath, 28 April 2013 - 02:06 PM.

#213 Tarl Cabot

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Tai-sho
  • Tai-sho
  • 7,654 posts
  • LocationImperial City, Luthien - Draconis Combine

Posted 28 April 2013 - 02:29 PM

Konnichiwa(bows)

Great to have you here

#214 Lucky 7

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 227 posts

Posted 28 April 2013 - 02:43 PM

Hello Guys,

I was with the Northwind Highlanders and then Jade Falcon back in the AOL days :-).

My name was Python, if someone remembers.

Cheers all.

#215 Natrall

• Pip
  • Gunsho-ni
  • 17 posts
  • LocationAlshain Military District

Posted 04 June 2013 - 04:25 PM

i just wonder, does anyone here remember the old kesmai servers? I used to run with a clan called Knight of the inner Sphere(KIS) back then, and had risen to Rikugun Chūi in charge of a light lance at that time. I went under the name RedHunter back then, the original....nobody seemed to like Duke Hassid Ricol at the time, and now hardly anyone knows who he is but uses the name anyways so now I use my miltary name Natrall.We(KIS) played there untill it changed to AoL took it over. I was there since the last month on beta on the kesmai server, and had massive fun in an urbie. and many other mechs until my finish in a Marauder.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users