16 replies to this topic

#1 SirLANsalot

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,540 posts
  • LocationWashington State

Posted 02 February 2014 - 10:42 PM

I would really like to see the new Clan Forum Badges show up after we buy them (like a day or two delay) to show off to the community that we (the ones who did buy) are supporting the game. Rather then seeing the badges show up AFTER the fact (aka after clans have come out) of any arguments that may have arisen regarding the packages.

Basically: Why can't we have the clan forum badges show up as soon as we buy the package(s)?

#2 GalaxyBluestar

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,748 posts
  • Location...

Posted 02 February 2014 - 11:31 PM

my hopefull pgi impression: UI 2.0 changes up all the organisation and backlog, march to june will be a crazy change up which will include systems for supporting clan faction role warfare as per are advertised plans for faction alliances and CW.

my cynical pgi impression; we are cash grabing on popular names and designs and shoving them into the same old system cause that's all we can do and have done for years. you will buy clan material with IS currency field them in IS numbers work with them in the IS mechlab on your IS account. clan mechs for sale... not factions, or game functionality or anything you knew from 30 years of BT and MW will come with pgi's clans.

#3 SirLANsalot

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,540 posts

Posted 03 February 2014 - 03:28 PM

what I was asking for was just so we could have the badges show up right away after buying said package. Like with the Founders/Project systems. With founders, we basically almost got the badge as soon as we bought the thing, but with a overlord, didn't get that badge until AFTER all the debate and nashing of teeth happened.

#4 GalaxyBluestar

• 3,748 posts
  • Location...

Posted 03 February 2014 - 04:32 PM

oh well i'll just let you think what the clan package resembles more of, the founders organisation or the phoenix one? well the answer is neither because it's so rushed PGI haven't figured out what it is they're selling to people but really it's very much like the phoenix deal. so unless huge changes happen over a bunch of months you can expect the same everyone suddenly has a badge after a day so of release fiasco.

TBH i know tons of people were enquiring about the badge and it was realeased a little late but that forum brew is nothing like a bunch of fire storms we've had in the past. i wouldn't worry about it. would be nice to recieve on purchase but to be honest i think {i hope} theres going to be a lot more art and systems implementation with this pack. like a shiny clan ingame badge for purchasers and a normal in game badge for those players just choosing a faction or something hence the 1badge+1 title to 8+8 set up. big assumption but i hope it's the case.

#5 Durant Carlyle

• Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 3,877 posts
  • LocationClose enough to poke you with a stick.

Posted 03 February 2014 - 09:48 PM

I think they should not give the badges right away. Why? Because of all of the people who request refunds. Better to add stuff to peoples' accounts just once on the day of introduction.

#6 Roland

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,260 posts

Posted 03 February 2014 - 10:12 PM

The clans aren't going to be in the game for a bazillion years.

#7 SirLANsalot

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,540 posts

Posted 04 February 2014 - 12:54 AM

View PostDurant Carlyle, on 03 February 2014 - 09:48 PM, said:

I think they should not give the badges right away. Why? Because of all of the people who request refunds. Better to add stuff to peoples' accounts just once on the day of introduction.

Its just as easy to remove a badge, as it is to add one.

#8 Sabazial

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Point Commander
  • Point Commander
  • 725 posts
  • LocationUnited Kingdom

Posted 04 February 2014 - 07:15 AM

View PostSirLANsalot, on 04 February 2014 - 12:54 AM, said:

Its just as easy to remove a badge, as it is to add one.

Yes, but it wouldn't look to good for their marketing department for waves of badges to suddenly vanish from the forums if people decide en masse they don't like what they see. Plus it's extra work if they have to trawl through a database to see who requested refunds.

#9 Elizander

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 7,540 posts
  • LocationPhilippines

Posted 12 April 2014 - 01:25 PM

I'm not sure if this was posted anywhere, but does the ala carte package come with a badge or no? :/

#10 Durant Carlyle

• Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 3,877 posts
  • LocationClose enough to poke you with a stick.

Posted 12 April 2014 - 04:02 PM

Nope. 'Mechs and Mech Bays only.

#11 McQueen

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Ironclad
  • The Ironclad
  • 187 posts
  • LocationOff grid

Posted 13 April 2014 - 07:55 PM

No ala carte doesn't get the bells and warhorns from the packages. But you do get mech bays, premium time, and the early purchase rewards and the community reward unlocks.

#12 Alik Kerensky

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 406 posts
  • LocationSeattle

Posted 14 June 2014 - 01:22 PM

View PostNikolai Lubkiewicz, on 14 April 2014 - 02:11 PM, said:

Our plan is to have Forum Badges available upon release of the Clan Invasion packages.

I'd prefer an option to turn off our badges as I don't need a third and don't care for the second. :)

Edited by Alik Kerensky, 14 June 2014 - 01:24 PM.

#13 Pezzer

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 616 posts
  • LocationBristol, Tennessee

Posted 14 June 2014 - 08:01 PM

View PostGalaxyBluestar, on 03 February 2014 - 04:32 PM, said:

oh well i'll just let you think what the clan package resembles more of, the founders organisation or the phoenix one? well the answer is neither because it's so rushed PGI haven't figured out what it is they're selling to people but really it's very much like the phoenix deal. so unless huge changes happen over a bunch of months you can expect the same everyone suddenly has a badge after a day so of release fiasco.

TBH i know tons of people were enquiring about the badge and it was realeased a little late but that forum brew is nothing like a bunch of fire storms we've had in the past. i wouldn't worry about it. would be nice to recieve on purchase but to be honest i think {i hope} theres going to be a lot more art and systems implementation with this pack. like a shiny clan ingame badge for purchasers and a normal in game badge for those players just choosing a faction or something hence the 1badge+1 title to 8+8 set up. big assumption but i hope it's the case.

View PostDurant Carlyle, on 03 February 2014 - 09:48 PM, said:

ForumWarrior, Online. Post-Systems, Online. Flaming, Online.

#14 Jon Cunningham

Senior Architect

• 159 posts

Posted 16 June 2014 - 04:00 PM

View PostAlik Kerensky, on 14 June 2014 - 01:22 PM, said:

I'd prefer an option to turn off our badges as I don't need a third and don't care for the second. :P

That's coming. You'll be able to pick which badge you want to display, including displaying none if you want.

#15 3Xtr3m3

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 717 posts
  • LocationOn Your Six

Posted 16 June 2014 - 05:17 PM

Welcome to the conversation Jon.

#16 ComradeK

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 109 posts
  • LocationSt.Petersburg, Mother-Russia

Posted 18 June 2014 - 02:31 AM

It is sad that "A La Carte" buyers haven't received any badges :) I've purchased six Clan-Mechs and want to apply another badge that prove my dedication to the game.

#17 Alik Kerensky

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 406 posts
  • LocationSeattle

Posted 18 June 2014 - 05:42 PM

View PostAlik Kerensky, on 14 June 2014 - 01:22 PM, said:

I'd prefer an option to turn off our badges as I don't need a third and don't care for the second. :ph34r:

View PostJon Cunningham, on 16 June 2014 - 04:00 PM, said:

That's coming. You'll be able to pick which badge you want to display, including displaying none if you want.

Cool,I can now shut off that one badge I don't care for... :P :wub: :P :wub:

Edited by Alik Kerensky, 18 June 2014 - 05:44 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users