Quickdraw Iv-4 Quite Useful?

5 replies to this topic

#1 627

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Wrath
  • Wrath
  • 4,571 posts

Posted 18 May 2014 - 12:50 PM

So I finally bought the hero for the mech I hate most, the IV-4 (And yes, I had one or two Jagermeister before I bought it).

So here is my current config:
IV-FOUR
Posted Image

Slightly altered the stock layout:
XL255, 2x UAC5, 2x SRM4, 3xML and more armor.

So far I had some luck with my first matches (k/d of 10 in 3 matches, 6 kills in 3. match, wheeee) and this seems to be a good brawler, even with the slow speed.

There are potentiallly 2 tons available if you drop the sinks, more ammo for the Ultras would be really helpful or pumping up the engine a bit. Even with the normal AC5s you get through 90 rounds pretty fast so maybe just more ammo.

No LBX version yet because I like those missile backup. gets really helpful when you're out of ballistics.

#2 Bill Shakespear

• PipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 69 posts

Posted 19 May 2014 - 09:45 AM

I used a similar loadut in the beginning, but didn't have much success with it. It was just too slow. :D

My playstyle with the QKDs favors speed and mobility, so I currently have it set up like a buffed Centurion.

XL290, AC/10 (3 tons of ammo), 2 x SRM-6s (1 ton of ammo each), 2 x MLAS, 4 x Jump Jets, near max armor.

I seem to be doing fairly well with that loadout. YMMV. :)

#3 NRP

• Fire
  • Fire
  • 3,949 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 23 May 2014 - 10:52 AM

I've been thinking about a 2 AC/10, 2 ML, 2 JJ build myself.

Maybe when this thing goes on sale.

#4 627

• Wrath
  • Wrath
  • 4,571 posts

Posted 25 May 2014 - 12:56 PM

ok, half time report, I elited this thing with that UAC5 config so only 21.500 XP more to go.

Stats (no premium):
45 matches
42 kills
33 deaths
24 wins
20 losses
1 tie
14,732 damage
04:50:48 time played

So that's average damage of 327 which I consider good and I'm in the black with kills/deaths.

For a quickdraw (or, for me in a quickdraw) these are good stats imho.
And this is in my main elo bracket where all those cats, Jagermechs and phracts are, tough competitors.

So is this quickie good or are ballistics OP? maybe both of it a bit.

Is it fun? sure. It still feels clumsy and sluggish, especially with that tiny engine (even the other quickies neverfelt "quick" even with max engine). And it feels huge, man I forgot how big quickies are.

The best thing is, people forgot or don't bother anymore to shoot your legs, I still lose them often but not every death starts with a broken leg.

#5 Rear Admiral Tier 6

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 1,633 posts

Posted 27 May 2014 - 12:42 AM

View PostNRP, on 23 May 2014 - 10:52 AM, said:

I've been thinking about a 2 AC/10, 2 ML, 2 JJ build myself.

Maybe when this thing goes on sale.

I agree on that sale part.
I wish Quickie had a stock ballistics ready variant,so that they didnt have to butcher that good laserboat-allrounder feeling that the other variants have.
I had such high hopes in this and they failed,laserboating or missile support is the quickie thing,not some damn barbaric ballistic spam.Or give us at least 6 ballistics hardpoints for machinegun boating.Or 4 missile hardpoints for a decent SRM-bomber.

I have combined 860000 XP in all Quickie-variants,the best variant being the 5K imo.

Edited by Cookiemonter669, 27 May 2014 - 12:49 AM.

#6 NRP

• Fire
  • Fire
  • 3,949 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 27 May 2014 - 06:01 PM

Well, I couldn't wait for a sale, so I picked one up last night. Almost got the basics.

All I can say at this point, is this thing is legit (for a QuickDraw anyway). The reality is that ballistics are really good in this game, and having them on the arms with good/quick range of motion is really helpful. I think it is probably tied with the 5K for best QKD. The only problem is it's friggin slow, so you can't really play it like the other QKDs.

If you like QuickDraws, I think it's a good purchase.

Edited by NRP, 27 May 2014 - 06:03 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users