Pilot Skills - Where's The Advanced Zoom?

5 replies to this topic

#1 Yellow Dancer

Rookie

• 3 posts

Posted 11 February 2014 - 05:29 AM

Heya all, I'm new here (been playing for the past week), I tried searching through the forums and couldn't find an answer (unless i passed by it somehow) ...

So, the question is - How do I get my Zoom 4.0x PIP window in the mech?

1. I spent the MC to trade XP for GXP to unlock the Zoom in Pilot Skills
2. I spent the 2,000,000 c-bills in the modules section of the mech hanger on the particular mech to equip the Advanced Zoom.
3. I'm not finding any sort of equipment hardware for the Zoom to load into a mech slot. I'm assuming its already a feature equiped.

Yet, when I jump into the game, try the zoom, all i get is the regular .5x 1.5x and 3.x zoom levels as usual. I'm not sure what i'm missing at this point.

I'm still at basic level for the mech, with the top row of mech skills unlocked, and i've yet to purchase 2 more variants to grind through to achieve Elite and Mastery.

And yeah, I did find a few posts regarding advanced zoom is kinda blurry rather an improvement after I spent the c-bills, XP, and MC...

I'm using the Victor Dragon Slayer Hero mech variant btw, dunno if that makes any difference.

Totally enjoying this game btw! (played the Trial mechs before the 2.0 GUI, spent money bought MC, bought a few mechs already, customized their loadouts, bought myself a gaming mouse Logitech G500s, and having a great time ingame!)

Thanks in advance :)

Edited by Terras Jadeonar, 11 February 2014 - 05:33 AM.

#2 BourbonFaucet

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 767 posts

Posted 11 February 2014 - 05:45 AM

Hey Terras.

I think the issue is that you are confusing a module for a piece of equipment the way that, say, the AMS is a piece of equipment.

Modules are actually more like microchips that fit into your 'Mech's battle computer, and use up no weight, nor any critical slots, but there are a finite number of module slots each 'Mech's computer can load.

To load a purchased module, select "configure" on the portrait of the 'Mech you want to customize in your inventory, then select the 'Modules' tab. Drag your purchased zoom module into an empty module slot, and save your loadout.

In combat, the advanced zoom feature is NOT stapled to the regular zoom. It is a special tool, like a sniper's scope.

To use the advanced zoom feature in battle, press the V key.

Hope this helps, and see you on the battlefield!

- Tech

Edit: Nor ANY critical slots. Ain't all y'all liking my double negatives?

Edited by techorse, 11 February 2014 - 08:33 AM.

#3 Arend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 234 posts

Posted 11 February 2014 - 05:45 AM

You need to Press the V Button for Advanced Zoom and the Modules has to be Equiped on your Mech!

#4 Yellow Dancer

Rookie

• 3 posts

Posted 11 February 2014 - 09:37 PM

Heya, thank you both!

Thanks for the clarification and explanation on how the piloting skills work.

Had a chance to check it out briefly , and yeah, I did overlook the keyboard bindings. Tried it first in the training ground and it works decently.

I'm guessing Most of the other pilot skills have to be similarly added to the mech where / if applicable. Probably looking at the auto stabilization gyros next. Already half ways there if I pay to convert my xp to gxp ( which is a nice option considering gxp grinding takes longer in your owned mech vs using trial mech but theres n no piloting xp is gained.)

See ya on the battlefield :ph34r:

Edited by Terras Jadeonar, 11 February 2014 - 09:40 PM.

#5 Arend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 234 posts

Posted 11 February 2014 - 10:30 PM

View PostTerras Jadeonar, on 11 February 2014 - 09:37 PM, said:

Probably looking at the auto stabilization gyros next.

Dont waste your GXP on that, not worth it, either take the Coolshot Boosts or Seismic Sensor which is even after all the Nerfs still very usefull!

#6 Fitzmonster

• Pip
  • Leftenant Colonel
  • Leftenant Colonel
  • 14 posts

Posted 18 May 2017 - 09:57 PM

I guess this is the missing link. If you had advanced zoom equipped before, you don't have to buy it again. Go into skills and purchase it in there and it will automatically equip itself.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users