Ability To Save Loadout As Profiles

13 replies to this topic

Poll: Saved Profiles (86 member(s) have cast votes)

Option to save loadouts as profiles

1. Yes, give me convenience (83 votes [96.51%])

Percentage of vote: 96.51%

2. No, I want to spend 5 minutes changing item by item every time I want to play a different loadout on a mech. It's part of the experience (3 votes [3.49%])

Percentage of vote: 3.49%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 ImperialKnight

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,733 posts

Posted 14 February 2014 - 03:35 AM

For example, refer to
http://mwo.smurfy-net.de/mechlab

We should be able to save loadouts as profiles and load them if we have the necessary items.

No item should be "saved" on any mech. Items are all counted in the inventory.

All the profile do is try to load up the mech according to the saved profile with the items in your inventory. If you don't have the item, e.g. you sold it forgetting it was on a profile, the game will prompt you that you have to buy one.

#2 SleekHusky

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Fire
  • Fire
  • 124 posts

Posted 14 February 2014 - 05:19 AM

Pretty sure this may have been suggested before but it would be a nice addition to UI 2.0

#3 OznerpaG

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Bludgeon
  • The Bludgeon
  • 977 posts
  • LocationToronto, Canada

Posted 15 February 2014 - 04:52 PM

it would be a great option actually - if you loaded a mech profile and you had the engine/weapons/modules in another mech, it could warn you that the other mech was going to get stripped of it's equipment to load it on your current mech. or you could choose which mech to strip if you had that specific engine/weapon on different mechs

it would save you a LOT of time screwing around with different chassis' when you only have 1 or 2 of a specific engine/weapon/module type. engines and modules themselves cost about as much as new mechs!

Edited by JagdFlanker, 15 February 2014 - 04:53 PM.

#4 ImperialKnight

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,733 posts

Posted 22 March 2014 - 10:09 PM

View PostJagdFlanker, on 15 February 2014 - 04:52 PM, said:

it would be a great option actually - if you loaded a mech profile and you had the engine/weapons/modules in another mech, it could warn you that the other mech was going to get stripped of it's equipment to load it on your current mech. or you could choose which mech to strip if you had that specific engine/weapon on different mechs

it would save you a LOT of time screwing around with different chassis' when you only have 1 or 2 of a specific engine/weapon/module type. engines and modules themselves cost about as much as new mechs!

glad to see people still upping this thread.

under my system, there is no pulling equipment off any mech. everything is stored in the inventory. items are equipped as and when you load a profile.

The system will warn you if you don't have sufficient items in the inventory and you need to buy it

#5 darrencheesecake

• PipPip
  • 24 posts

Posted 27 March 2014 - 12:28 AM

I've been wanting this idea, just for time convenience. I'm sure the devs have considered this but it would be difficult to program (big mechs you know).

I've figure how this would work. After you build a mech you hit the save build button and name your build, this saves all wepaons, armour, upgrades and modles etc for that mech. Then you hit the strip mech function to start a new build. If you want to select a previous build there would be an icon (near the mech name) which opens a menu of all the different builds. However if there is another mech with weapons and equipment that are required to complete this build but none are in stock then an option would ask if you want to equip all availble stuff on without buying new stuff to replace it or automatically buy new stuff. If you chose to fit an uncomplete build, then ou can check out but if you chose to buy replacements then you have the stuff is required is displayed and you can tick a box and select the quantity of the stuff you want.

I think this would be a neat function, so that players can select mechs and a specfic build withour having to having to waste time finding were one weapon or module are.

#6 The Massive

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 331 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 28 August 2014 - 02:16 AM

Haha. What troll voted no. :)

#7 Exilyth

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 2,100 posts
  • LocationTerra

Posted 22 May 2017 - 02:44 AM

I made a suggestion for skill tree templates here: https://mwomercs.com...tree-templates/

A similar approach could be used for mech variants.

#8 Nesutizale

• The Privateer
  • The Privateer
  • 3,240 posts

Posted 22 May 2017 - 02:10 PM

Definitly yes.
Don't know how often this topic came up when I played with friends and we where trying out new loadouts and just wanted to switch back to an older one.

#9 ScrapIron Prime

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 4,805 posts
  • LocationSmack dab in the middle of Ohio

Posted 23 May 2017 - 06:13 AM

PGI, i would pay MC to have reusable "snapshots" of mech loadout, or skill tree, or both. Just saying!

#10 tauSentry

• PipPipPip
  • Hero of Jade Falcon
  • Hero of Jade Falcon
  • 53 posts

Posted 28 June 2017 - 04:43 PM

Here is the relevant Issue on the community's MWO Issue Tracker...

Wiki: How To Upvote An Issue

Issue Tracker #086: Save and Load Skill Tree Configurations/Templates

There also several more Skill-Tree-related Issues that you may be interested in.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The Community's MWO Issue Tracker tracks many Issues that you can vote on for PGI to address.
This is the community's way of tracking the progress of bugs and feature requests in MWO.

Recently Fixed: Issue #016: Allow group-leader to assign another leader

Popular: Issue #002: Display kill-count in all game modes

See Also...
- Wiki: How To Submit A New Issue
- MWO Issue Tracker is a Pinned Post on /r/OutreachHPG (see PanzerMagier's comment too)
- MWO Issue Tracker listed under Resources at /r/mwo

#11 Guffrus

• PipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 62 posts

Posted 22 March 2018 - 12:37 PM

This is total no brainer.

If you can do something it should be easy.

The reason you dont let us save builds is because you want to sell us garage space.

Maybe you have noticed after 6 years that that isnt working and all you are doing is pissing people off and demostrating that you dont know what you are a doing.

Same reason mechs and weapons are so stupidly expensive, you think you can sell people cbills, you cant, all you are doing is hurting new players, reducing your player base and reducing the chances of actually shifting product.

Same deal with all the cosmetic ****, you over price everything to the point that virtually no one buys any of it and no one cares that they dont have it.

Because its bascially unattainable / an insane money pit and only the most hardcore fashion conscious or well off will buy.

To give you an idea of just how expensive it is, after 6 years i have started to give a tiny amount of consideration to painting one of my mechs but i cant even save a paint job that i like in the mech bay, so the chances of me toying around with it until i get something i am willing to part with money for are still near zero.

Seriously, you are so inept at shifting product i doubt you could sell water to a burning man.

Guffrus

#12 Arle Vox

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 112 posts
  • LocationNorth America West

Posted 25 March 2018 - 09:34 AM

If you don't have the unallocated parts available to re-fit a previous build, then you would be charged for the parts (and may not be able to afford them). I think this change would be a waste of development time (and profile space, as each saved build would take space on the server - would there be a limit to the number of builds you could save?)

Adding this type of loadout cache would, in my opinion, be a waste of dev time. I would much rather have more built-out social function in the game like a pilot profile (or even a card that shows when you mouse players on your friends list that could show Tier info, maybe timezone, or even 'mech/weapon stats).

What if some way to use the system to build out an imbalanced 'mech, and rules for fitting something change in order to balance the game. All of your saved loadouts could no longer be valid, you'd be mad about having to make new saved loadouts (at least as mad as you are in this forum post), and would likely complain about getting refunded (if applicable) for each of your invalid loadouts. Seems like more of a headache than it's worth.

So, NO, I do not think that this should be implemented - but not for the reason you list in your poll. I think fitting your 'mech is a pretty streamlined process, and it does NOT take me 5 minutes to do so if I know what I want to build.

#13 Amalek88

Rookie

• 5 posts

Posted 26 March 2018 - 02:44 AM

View PostArle Vox, on 25 March 2018 - 09:34 AM, said:

So, NO, I do not think that this should be implemented - but not for the reason you list in your poll. I think fitting your 'mech is a pretty streamlined process, and it does NOT take me 5 minutes to do so if I know what I want to build.

Good that only pro gamers and veterans play this game. Noobs have no Problems with this, and it´s not a waste of time...

#14 Tesunie

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Seeker
  • The Seeker
  • 8,578 posts
  • LocationSeraphim HQ: Asuncion

Posted 26 March 2018 - 08:04 AM

View PostArle Vox, on 25 March 2018 - 09:34 AM, said:

I will mention to look at the OP's date. It was back in 2014... Back then the mechlab was a different beast than it is today. I don't know which iteration of Mechlab it may have been at the time, but we did have one version that was extremely hard to use. In that phase of the game, it was actually recommended to go to an external mechlab site (such as Smurfy) and build your mech their with greater ease, then go into the game and plug it in.

The mechlab of today tends to be very easy to use in comparison. Just as an FYI.

I will say, with individual mechs having their own skills now with the Skill Tree system, saving different builds might not be a bad idea. Technically speaking, we "should" be able to do that with Omni-mechs at least. (And if we want to get more technical by lore, then we should be able to choose which presaved configuration we are dropping with when using an Omnimech before we drop... but that would be a bit much of an advantage. At least in comparison to standard Battlemechs. But that was the main advantage of Omni-tech. That and faster repair times.)

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users