Dont Get Too Comfy Ladies...

88 replies to this topic

#21 Craig Steele

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,106 posts
  • LocationCSR Mountbatton awaiting clearance for tactical deployment

Posted 23 February 2014 - 04:48 AM

View PostCyclonerM, on 23 February 2014 - 04:14 AM, said:

After i mistakenly lost my whole new post, i was not much willing to write another one, but i will, because i see you speak so high of the Falcons' martial strenght but you sound more interested in wars of words like us :D

First, the Trial of Annihilation was illegal. It was a Trial of Refusal. The envious Falcons even tried to absorb the Wolves but you know how long have the Jade Wolves lived.

Their whole "victory", a pyrrhic victory as Gyrok pointed out, was illegal. You claim to be the most honorable Clan. You even claim to be true followers of the Clan way.. But Khan Chistu must not be a Jade Falcon then: he ambushed Ulric Kerensky after a honorable duel had been proclaimed, designating his and his honor guard 'Mechs for hidden LRM Stars instead of facing him in single combat. I say he was a coward!

The events tell us the Crusader Khans were blinded by their presumed superiority. They ignored the IlKhan's advices, each one eager bid low to not allow the Wolves to join the battle in time and share the glory of the victory, and later claimed Ulric Kerensky was plotting against them, while during the invasion, until Tukayyid and even later, the Crusaders did their best to plot against him, envious of the Wolves' success.

False accusations led to the Refusal War eventually.

Back to Chistu's treacherous murder.. Shall i remind you of what happened to Clan Widowmaker when a similar action happened and resulted with the death of Nicholas Kerensky? :D

Now i go so far as saying that your accusations of weakness and cowardly are false, just as false as the accusations made by the Crusader Khans :D

LOL (My memory is being stretched now, I may have to leave the thread to re read the books soon :;)

Again I say to you this is no war of words, I merely relate the facts as they are known so that all may be wiser and choose correctly their allegiances.

It was trial of Refusal yes, but when it became clear how low the leadership of Clan Wolf had sunk it quite rightly turned into a Trial of Abjuration. This is the Clan way. The Wolves could have contested it but they already had committed their touman to the battle so the Trials ran concurrently, this is the Clan way. Clan Wolf lost and proved in their defeat their Warden views were weak. To the victor goes the spoils. This is the Clan way.

The Falcons quite rightly claimed the spoils of battle, in their generosity they allowed the remenants of the Wolf Clan some identity by labelling them Jade Wolves, and Vlad Ward reclaimed the Clan Wolf and it remenants through trial, none can dispute this, this is the way of Clans. Next time perhaps the Falcon will not be so generous and will instead destroy utterly those who fall before them.

There was nothing pyrric in Falcons victory, they had strength enough to defeat the Inner Sphere forces on the way to Coventry less than 12 months after the refusal war, strength enough to defeat the Innersphere forces defending Coventry, they blooded their warriors and returned to their holdings. Granted they were only Inner Sphere barbarians but I suspect the Smoke Janguars think more highly of the barbarians now, as well do Clan Wolf who could only manage a draw in the Great Refusal.

You harp on about this supposed treachery against Ulric. There was no treachery. Months earlier Ulric himself pledged the Wolf Touman in support of his claim, and the Falcons pledged theirs. There was no mystery second touman on the grassy knoll. If Ulric allowed himself to be overcome by his declared opponent it only reinforces how weak he was. Ulric was always good at words and not actions so yes perhaps he thought with his traitorous tounge he could talk his way out of combat but he was mistaken.

And now you have perhaps highlighted the greatest weakness of Clan Wolf. It is true that the Clans bid for the honour of defeating Comstar in Clan Style. They did so in the belief that their Il Khan had bid well in their favour. Clearly he had not but worse. Ulric allowed the other Clans to weaken the enemy such that when Wolf finally arrived to the field they could do naught else but win. Comstar all but broken by the might of the Invaders even hindered as they were by Ulrics treachery. And so to the Wolf Clan goes a great victory in there Clan history, bought and paid for by the warriors of the Invaders.

This is why the traitor was called before the Grand Council, while the charges may have been otherwise, in spirit Ulric manipulated the Grand Councils will to suit his own agenda. This is the truth of the Warden Wolves. Let others such as your mercenary father or the armies of the Lyran Commonwealth fight and die, then swoop in and claim the glory. Politicians and manilpulators I call them out as. Led by a Freebirth, need I say more?

The acqusations brought before the Grand Council were found to be truth, and the Trial demanded by the Warden Wolves settled the matter in the field of combat, the charges were proven.

That you question the ability and integrity of the Grand Council does not surprise me, you have that luxury of "talk' now that you have abandoned the Clans. But you are not of the Clans, a fact proven by your rout from the field, and your abjuration. Even Vlad Ward when he claimed the Jade Wolves as his Irsola abandoned you.

:D

(Really running out of material now :D)

#22 CyclonerM

Tina's Warrior

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • 5,684 posts
  • LocationA 2nd Wolf Guards Grenadiers JumpShip

Posted 23 February 2014 - 05:47 AM

I am running a bit low of materials too since i think we both are repeating the same things over and over (but after all, this is what the Wardens vs Crusaders is about, quiaff? ).

I would like to point out that we did not use our full Touman. After the first victory on Zoetermeer (IIRC) Ulric sent the Warden Wolves in exile and this means he had sent away no less than a full galaxy. If the Trial was only about defeating the Falcons, why send them away? After all, until Wotan the Wolves achieved a streak of victories. But the truth is that the strongest has the most enemies, and defeating the JF would have proved our strenght but may not have prevented other Clans from challenging us ad nauseam.

It is true that the Falcons mainly lost second line units, but they had heavy losses nonetheless. Their raid to Coventry proves it: they had a desperate need to show that they were not weak. If they were not weakened indeed, what should they have feared? They could have defended themselves from any attack from Vlad's Wolves.

Do not hide behind words and false assumption. A challenge is a challenge. Back in the foundation era of the Clans, on October 7 2834, Khan Jerome Winson of Clan Wolf and Khan Cal Jorgensson of Clan Widowmaker were dueling during a battle for the Absorption of Clan Widowmaker. When it was clear that the Widowmaker Khan was losing, a Star of Widowmaker warriors leaped into the Circle of Equals to help their Khan, interfering with the duel. Wheter they were ordered or not, the subsequent death of IlKhan Nicholas Kerensky, killed by Cal Jorgensson shotly after, enraged the Wolf warriors who succedeed in absorb the Widowmakers.

What is the difference between that action and Chistu's ambush? An obvious and grave violation of Zellbrigen, a coward ambush to kill the hated leader. Chistu did not even fight against him. Again, i call it cowardice and treachery. The Trial was over only because the inquired subject, Ulric Kerensky, was dead, but it was absolutely a victory without honor. Shame to the warriors who accepted to take part in this action.

On a side note, Natasha Kerensky was about to win his duel against Joanna and only a quick desperate move saved the Falcon warrior from certain death and defeat.

Eventually, i say killing the leaders of your enemy does not mean you have defeated his forces. The falcons got defeated four times at least during the Refusal War.

About Tukayyid. The Khans did not listen to the IlKhan's reasonable advice about the battle going to be a long campaign and this shows how blind they were and how they underestimate ComStar. Ulric Kerensky, instead, knew his enemy, something a military commander should always do, and did not believe in a quick and easy victory. The other Khans, instead of bidding low hoping to keep the Wolves away from the glory of the victory, should have listened to the IlKhan's advice (after all, he had to lead ALL the Clans, quiaff?) and not underestimate the "Inner Sphere barbarians" you Crusaders talk about. You have not learned yet, quineg?

I forgot to mention earlier that the Warden Wolves DID show their strenght and skill, no less than three times in a few years. First, they defeated the pursuing Falcon forces on Morges. Then, they defeated the Falcon warriors during the Red Corsar incident (another honorless treachery by the "super-honorable" Jade Falcons, warriors disguised as bandits). During operation Bulldog, their best warriors defeated thee Jaguar officers in honorable combat and managed to capture intact a whole Cluster, the 6th Jaguar Dragoons. I would say the Jade Falcons and the Smoke Jaguars were worthy opponents, quiaff?

tl;dr: we are not weak and we were forced in exile by threachery and blindess of the invidious Khans.

If you have something new to add, try again to demostrate i am wrong ;)

Posted Image

Edited by CyclonerM, 23 February 2014 - 05:48 AM.

#23 Craig Steele

• 2,106 posts

Posted 23 February 2014 - 06:26 AM

View PostCyclonerM, on 23 February 2014 - 05:47 AM, said:

I am running a bit low of materials too since i think we both are repeating the same things over and over (but after all, this is what the Wardens vs Crusaders is about, quiaff? ).

I would like to point out that we did not use our full Touman. After the first victory on Zoetermeer (IIRC) Ulric sent the Warden Wolves in exile and this means he had sent away no less than a full galaxy. If the Trial was only about defeating the Falcons, why send them away? After all, until Wotan the Wolves achieved a streak of victories. But the truth is that the strongest has the most enemies, and defeating the JF would have proved our strenght but may not have prevented other Clans from challenging us ad nauseam.

It is true that the Falcons mainly lost second line units, but they had heavy losses nonetheless. Their raid to Coventry proves it: they had a desperate need to show that they were not weak. If they were not weakened indeed, what should they have feared? They could have defended themselves from any attack from Vlad's Wolves.

Do not hide behind words and false assumption. A challenge is a challenge. Back in the foundation era of the Clans, on October 7 2834, Khan Jerome Winson of Clan Wolf and Khan Cal Jorgensson of Clan Widowmaker were dueling during a battle for the Absorption of Clan Widowmaker. When it was clear that the Widowmaker Khan was losing, a Star of Widowmaker warriors leaped into the Circle of Equals to help their Khan, interfering with the duel. Wheter they were ordered or not, the subsequent death of IlKhan Nicholas Kerensky, killed by Cal Jorgensson shotly after, enraged the Wolf warriors who succedeed in absorb the Widowmakers.

What is the difference between that action and Chistu's ambush? An obvious and grave violation of Zellbrigen, a coward ambush to kill the hated leader. Chistu did not even fight against him. Again, i call it cowardice and treachery. The Trial was over only because the inquired subject, Ulric Kerensky, was dead, but it was absolutely a victory without honor. Shame to the warriors who accepted to take part in this action.

On a side note, Natasha Kerensky was about to win his duel against Joanna and only a quick desperate move saved the Falcon warrior from certain death and defeat.

Eventually, i say killing the leaders of your enemy does not mean you have defeated his forces. The falcons got defeated four times at least during the Refusal War.

About Tukayyid. The Khans did not listen to the IlKhan's reasonable advice about the battle going to be a long campaign and this shows how blind they were and how they underestimate ComStar. Ulric Kerensky, instead, knew his enemy, something a military commander should always do, and did not believe in a quick and easy victory. The other Khans, instead of bidding low hoping to keep the Wolves away from the glory of the victory, should have listened to the IlKhan's advice (after all, he had to lead ALL the Clans, quiaff?) and not underestimate the "Inner Sphere barbarians" you Crusaders talk about. You have not learned yet, quineg?

I forgot to mention earlier that the Warden Wolves DID show their strenght and skill, no less than three times in a few years. First, they defeated the pursuing Falcon forces on Morges. Then, they defeated the Falcon warriors during the Red Corsar incident (another honorless treachery by the "super-honorable" Jade Falcons, warriors disguised as bandits). During operation Bulldog, their best warriors defeated thee Jaguar officers in honorable combat and managed to capture intact a whole Cluster, the 6th Jaguar Dragoons. I would say the Jade Falcons and the Smoke Jaguars were worthy opponents, quiaff?

tl;dr: we are not weak and we were forced in exile by threachery and blindess of the invidious Khans.

If you have something new to add, try again to demostrate i am wrong ;)

Posted Image

The Wolves bid their full touman in Inner Sphere Space, as did the Clans. If I have erred on the geography it changes not that the pilots and mechs that killed Ulric were a part of the declared force. I cannot speak for what went through dead mens mind with accuracy but it is clear that Ulric appraoched the Falcons knowing full well the forces that opposed him. He was far from assassinated except by his own incompetence.

You memory of the traitor Phelns movements are lopsided, those forces fought more than just at Morges, they were combatants who feld the campaign when the bettle ws there to be won. Had they gone to Ulrics side it is possible however unlikely, they may have won and proven to all that the Warden view has merit. They did not because they could not. You cannot deny that they abandoned the fight and hence, any claim to superioirity of their claims.

You misrepresent the Falcons raid on Coventry to suit your misguided opinions. They did not raid to prove anything. They raided and conquered to blood their warriors in the field. That you dwell on insinuations and politicing ignoring the fact that combat breeds better warriors shows us all your weak Warden heart, as if we needed more proof.

You say Ulric's grand plan was to abandon the Clans in case another Crusader challenged them, plainly untrue. Who challenged the Wolves after their losses defeating the Not Named, who challenged the Smoke Jaguars after their hard fought battles absorbing Mongoose. No one. It is not the way of the Clans to prey upon the weak, we would rather prove ourselves and our cause testing against their full strength. More lies and politicing of Ulric that has poisoned your mind to the truth, that your Warden ways are weak.

How typical of you Dezgra Wolves to claim a duel was 'about' to be won. Duels end when warriors die, full stop. Natasha was a great warrior, worthy of respect but ultimately she too spent too much time in the Warden's influence. She expected conversation as all wardens are prone to politic and converse to hide the combat incompetence. She anticipated her victory before it was won, and she died for her weakness.

Indeed some Wolves are worthy warriors, have I not already spoken highly of Khan Vlad Ward? Indeed the Wolves did win battles, but they did not win the war, victory on four planets as commendable as it is dis not help them with their losses throughout the rest of the combat zone. Had the trial been for only 4 battles to be won perhaps you could be proud of that achievement, but it was a trial of Adjuration, a Trial lost through weak warriors and cowardice.

And now you cast acqusations of this Red Corsair. What proof do you have that this was anything to do with the Falcon, none. There is none because none exists. For all we know this Red Corsair is but another fabrication of the traitous Wolves to gain whatever trust they need from their Inner Sphere masters. The fact is known that it was warriors of Clan Wolfs solhama cluster that manned this group suggests indeed Phelan was a Khan knew full well of its existance. Whether he did or did not manipulate this force for his own purposes is conjecture, and not worthy of comment.

The Smoke Jaguars have proven their worth as warriors, that they surrendered an entire Cluster to the Phelans traitor's is hardly surprising. What would you have me say, yes they lost to the Inner Sphere forces and were ejected from their holdings, routed from the field. Am I surprised that some sought refuge with the Wolves In Exile, am I surprised that the Wolves accepted such pitiful warriors as bondman, of course not. They are well matched. Pathetic remenants clinging to lost glories with fireside chats.

If you Wolves in Exile truly are 'not weak' as you claim, how could anyone force you to leave Clan Space, as you say. Your politicing has undone yourself my friend, it is because you are weak that you left by your own violition, lest you suffer the fate of all those to weak to fight in the Clans.

#24 Gremlich Johns

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 3,855 posts
  • LocationMaryland, USA

Posted 23 February 2014 - 07:41 AM

Frankly, with the way PGI is dealing with Clan tech, is there any real need for the Clans at this point? It's going to be essentially IS tech in cosmetically different chassis. They should have just done 3025 and not given themselves the headache. My guys that are still CBS are bowing out of CW because of the hamstringing being done. Casual play yes, (PUGs and maybe as fillers for our fellow Clansmen), but our hearts are not in it any more - despite all of us being Founders.

Edited by Gremlich Johns, 23 February 2014 - 08:26 AM.

#25 CyclonerM

Tina's Warrior

• FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • 5,684 posts

Posted 23 February 2014 - 10:51 AM

View PostGremlich Johns, on 23 February 2014 - 07:41 AM, said:

Frankly, with the way PGI is dealing with Clan tech, is there any real need for the Clans at this point? It's going to be essentially IS tech in cosmetically different chassis. They should have just done 3025 and not given themselves the headache. My guys that are still CBS are bowing out of CW because of the hamstringing being done. Casual play yes, (PUGs and maybe as fillers for our fellow Clansmen), but our hearts are not in it any more - despite all of us being Founders.

There is, actually. I know they are going to be different and i am not going to like it.. but we are still waiting since MW2 for a game in which you can actually play as a Clansman (do not count MW:LL , there are only Clan and Inner Sphere factions) and of course fight in a persistent universe.

#26 Gyrok

• Star Colonel III
  • Star Colonel III
  • 5,879 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationPeriphery of the Inner Sphere, moving toward the core worlds with each passing day.

Posted 25 February 2014 - 03:31 PM

View PostGremlich Johns, on 23 February 2014 - 07:41 AM, said:

I think this will end up getting pulled off better than most people are expecting right now...

They have left open the possibility for 10 vs 12 drops, which, in my mind, means that they intuitively understand that clan tech will still be superior, they are hoping it comes out to work in 12 vs 12, but they are acknowledging the fact that balance via a binary versus a company may be what it takes...

That slim glimmer of light gives me hope that the clan tech will be done justifiably well.

#27 Samaritan

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 515 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 26 February 2014 - 07:56 AM

Hon. Mechwarriors;

Back in the day a Clan Star was a match for a company of Inner Sphere Mechs. We'll need physical attacks, falls, private lobbies, and community warfare to make this work.

Posted Image

The beer and good company will be up to you...

Respectfully

Samaritan

#28 Colonel Fubar

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • 650 posts
  • LocationPlanet Agoge in the Mitera System

Posted 26 February 2014 - 11:25 PM

Yes you will puppies...spaded or castrated. :(

#29 _Comrade_

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 1,120 posts

Posted 05 March 2014 - 01:31 PM

The IS doesn't need to defeat the wolf. The wolf breaks its own back....ok so maybe a little help from Jade Falcon. But still

#30 Aresye

• Heavy Lifter
  • Heavy Lifter
  • 3,462 posts

Posted 23 March 2014 - 12:11 PM

Clan Wolf as a whole succeeded in nearly every challenge the crusader clans threw at it in an attempt to weaken them, or go against the warden cause.

- They succeeded in taking more worlds than any other invading clan.
- They were the only clan to achieve total victory in their drops on Tukayyid.

What did all you crusaders accomplish, save for horribly losing on Tukayyid, and later (when the wolves were no longer an issue for the crusader clans) losing to the Inner Sphere again when they played by your rules on your own world?

Regardless of how you look at it, the way the canon goes:
Crusader = Failure and Defeat
Warden = Live Long and Prosper

#31 KuroNyra

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 2,990 posts
  • LocationIdiot's Crater.

Posted 24 March 2014 - 01:45 PM

View PostAresye, on 23 March 2014 - 12:11 PM, said:

Clan Wolf as a whole succeeded in nearly every challenge the crusader clans threw at it in an attempt to weaken them, or go against the warden cause.

What did all you crusaders accomplish, save for horribly losing on Tukayyid, and later (when the wolves were no longer an issue for the crusader clans) losing to the Inner Sphere again when they played by your rules on your own world?

Ok. No matter what. I'm definitly joining the Warden Wolf.

#32 Craig Steele

• 2,106 posts

Posted 24 March 2014 - 03:47 PM

View PostAresye, on 23 March 2014 - 12:11 PM, said:

LOL, Spoken like like a true devotee.

No blind spots here.

:)

#33 Gyrok

• Star Colonel III
  • Star Colonel III
  • 5,879 posts
  • LocationPeriphery of the Inner Sphere, moving toward the core worlds with each passing day.

Posted 24 March 2014 - 08:02 PM

View PostKuroNyra, on 24 March 2014 - 01:45 PM, said:

Yes, the wardens are the true chosen of Kerensky. The Crusaders..."lost their way"...somewhere during the journey.

#34 Craig Steele

• 2,106 posts

Posted 24 March 2014 - 08:12 PM

View PostKuroNyra, on 24 March 2014 - 01:45 PM, said:

Yes, this would be correct.

One does not 'join' the true followers of Nicholas's vision, that must be earned.

But joining the Warden Wolves is no different to starting at the bottom of the ladder. Through hard work and application you can rise beyond those less worthy and earn a place of honour in Clan society when made a bondsman by a Crusader.

:)

#35 CyclonerM

Tina's Warrior

• FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • 5,684 posts

Posted 25 March 2014 - 04:54 AM

If he will be made a bondsman by a Crusader it will only mean he was not worthy of the true Wolves :D

#36 Gyrok

• Star Colonel III
  • Star Colonel III
  • 5,879 posts

Posted 25 March 2014 - 07:36 AM

View PostCraig Steele, on 24 March 2014 - 08:12 PM, said:

Yes, this would be correct.

One does not 'join' the true followers of Nicholas's vision, that must be earned.

But joining the Warden Wolves is no different to starting at the bottom of the ladder. Through hard work and application you can rise beyond those less worthy and earn a place of honour in Clan society when made a bondsman by a Crusader.

:D

Ironically, the Crusaders would take anyone and everyone they could with few questions just for the sake of having numbers...

#37 Asatur

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 1,321 posts
  • LocationRussia

Posted 25 March 2014 - 11:26 AM

Btw, I read some information about 32th century and during Dark Age there no was Crusaders or Wardens in Inner Sphere Clans and Clan Wolf and Clan Wolf-in-Exile reunite again. :lol:

#38 Alaskan Nobody

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Determined
  • The Determined
  • 10,358 posts
  • LocationAlaska!

Posted 25 March 2014 - 11:43 AM

View PostAsatur, on 25 March 2014 - 11:26 AM, said:

Btw, I read some information about 32th century and during Dark Age there no was Crusaders or Wardens in Inner Sphere Clans and Clan Wolf and Clan Wolf-in-Exile reunite again. :lol:

I got the feeling that it was less that there were no Crusaders or Wardens, and more that they had higher priorities at the time.
(that and it was mostly the Wardens who moved into the IS)

Never did see anything solid about the Wolf-in-Exile issue though.

TLDR: (for shame!) source?

#39 LoPanShui

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 456 posts
  • LocationTharkad

Posted 25 March 2014 - 11:57 AM

While I admire the ferocity of the arguments upon this page let us not forget the true winners of the confrontation between WOlf and Falcon. As the two great clans, masters of war, fought each other to the bitter end, it was Clan Diamond Shark, alone amongst all of the trueborn, who wisely spoke up at the Grand Council and said, if I remember correctly, "I have popcorn for sale."

#40 DeathlyEyes

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Messenger
  • 940 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Facebook: Link
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationMetaphorical Island somewhere in the Pacific

Posted 25 March 2014 - 01:19 PM

View PostCraig Steele, on 17 February 2014 - 06:10 AM, said:

So yes, thats the guys.

The ones that left their touman fighting for their lives to prove the Warden way was right and instead of returning to the battle to prove to all in the Clan way of 'might is right', they took off.

They couldn't prove their way was right through feat of arms, so the left the Clans. If you can't beat em, run like hell is their motto I guess. Whats that in Latin I wonder?

So now their in the Innersphere clinging to the glories of their betters claiming to be in Exile, bit like the Dark Caste really? They feel like they are Exiles of the Clans too don't they?

The Idea was to sacrafice the crusader portion of the clan in order to prevent internal fighting. Had the wolves won, they would have likely had an internal civil war immediately after the conflict. Warden vs Crusader. That could have gone down to the last man, likely in a series of trials of grivience between the two camps until one camp was annihilated.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users