#81 _Comrade_

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 1,120 posts

Posted 15 April 2014 - 09:00 PM

View PostCraig Steele, on 27 March 2014 - 05:01 AM, said:

Wrong?????????????????????

For all the Founders ability, a Trueborn warrior is the product of specific selective breeding. They are tailored for warfare, not a chance happening in a billion souls.

Most Freebirths are capable of very little that is great in warfare.

Do not elevate the unskilled and inferior masses on the back of the Founders deeds. They are worthy of respect in their field, but no more than that. To rank than higher than their capability is to do yourself a dishonour, and a waste of resources.

Capable of very little greatness???
Star Captain Horse of Clan Jade Falcon was a star captain of the elite falcon guards and was written in the remembrance and and he was a freebirth!! That honor is just as a great as earning a bloodname. How bout Phelen Kell....khan of clan wolf and freeborn and leader of the wolves..You might form a rebuttal and say Horse and Phelen were lone exceptions, but i believe the reason why freebirths never achieve greatness is because of the discrimination that they encountered. At least in some clans like Star Adder, the freebirths were equal to the trueborns

Edited by Grimwill, 15 April 2014 - 09:00 PM.

#82 CyclonerM

Tina's Warrior

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • 5,684 posts
  • LocationA 2nd Wolf Guards Grenadiers JumpShip

Posted 16 April 2014 - 09:09 AM

View PostGrimwill, on 15 April 2014 - 09:00 PM, said:

Capable of very little greatness???
Star Captain Horse of Clan Jade Falcon was a star captain of the elite falcon guards and was written in the remembrance and and he was a freebirth!! That honor is just as a great as earning a bloodname. How bout Phelen Kell....khan of clan wolf and freeborn and leader of the wolves..You might form a rebuttal and say Horse and Phelen were lone exceptions, but i believe the reason why freebirths never achieve greatness is because of the discrimination that they encountered. At least in some clans like Star Adder, the freebirths were equal to the trueborns

Well spoken!

As a proud freeborn warrior, i swear that i will do my best to be useful for my Clan as any trashborn and even more!

See you on the battlefield :)

#83 CronuxKobold

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 103 posts
  • LocationFighting the good fight on an undesclosed planet

Posted 19 August 2014 - 06:52 AM

View PostCyclonerM, on 16 April 2014 - 09:09 AM, said:

Well spoken!

As a proud freeborn warrior, i swear that i will do my best to be useful for my Clan as any trashborn and even more!

See you on the battlefield :lol:

Well said. My unit has spent time under Khan Vlad Wards 'leadership' when we discovered the Wolves in Exile, we were eager to leave and join Phelan Kell's forces. Vlad knows not the meaning of honor.

#84 CronuxKobold

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 103 posts
  • LocationFighting the good fight on an undesclosed planet

Posted 19 August 2014 - 07:37 AM

And in reference to the cappellan whom speak like a crusader falcon (which is blowing my mind btw) according to my source book, Clan Wolf fought the falcons back all the way to their OZ capital when in a desperate act, he challenged Khan Ulric Kerensky to zellbriggen. When the challenge was accepted, he utilized a TAG to call in arrow IV artillery that blasted Ulric's mech from existence. Sounds a bit 'unclan like' to me, dishonorable, wasteful, and cowardly especially coming from the 'holier than thou' Jade Falcons. They had their backs to the wall and forgot about clan tradition just to save themself.This coming from the Clan Wolf source book. I cite my facts. Where is your citations?

#85 Just wanna play

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,520 posts
  • LocationInside the Womb of a Great Turtle

Posted 19 August 2014 - 09:19 AM

All hail Clan Wolverine!

#86 greytiger

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 200 posts
  • LocationSF bay area

Posted 19 August 2014 - 11:09 AM

View PostBaron Cunedda Kell, on 21 February 2014 - 08:38 AM, said:

Priceless...the warden/crusader debate still rages on, after all these years...my heart leaps with joy. :)

-We- are Clan Wolf, children of Kerensky. We carry the honor of his name on our shoulders as our fathers did before. The Remembrance speaks to us of the evil in man's will, of the reasons for Exodus and the Rites of the Traveler. Arcadia is our destiny and our right. Enlightenment is our gift. By the Bloodnames of the founders we must return, return and protect that which is unique among the stars. Terra awaits us as it was written. We are the last of the Wardens, the sole hope for the earth.

#87 greytiger

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 200 posts
  • LocationSF bay area

Posted 19 August 2014 - 11:18 AM

View PostAsatur, on 26 March 2014 - 08:53 AM, said:

let's wait and see the next few years in battletech timeline, but I think they will reunite.

They eventually do, sometime in Dark Ages.

They -also- manage to get quite a bit of manufacturing supplies and rebuild a great deal of their strength in the intervening time. Both parts of Clan Wolf where very smart in how they rebuilt.

#88 Pyrrho

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 854 posts

Posted 19 August 2014 - 12:14 PM

View PostCraig Steele, on 17 February 2014 - 06:10 AM, said:

They couldn't prove their way was right through feat of arms, so the left the Clans. If you can't beat em, run like hell is their motto I guess. Whats that in Latin I wonder?

Veni, vidi, fugi. (I came, I saw, I escaped)

#89 SoHxPaladin

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 266 posts
  • LocationSleipnir Cameron

Posted 19 August 2014 - 04:56 PM

View PostMerlin Kerensky, on 17 February 2014 - 05:33 AM, said:

its only a matter of time til you have to pick which side of the wolves youre on... :P

always bet on black...

Posted Image

yea, no. my side is chosen, i choose no exile, no quarter, no bs from overreaching "khans" of galaxy of any clan in this game. enjoy your wish for the lore, but it will not be followed to the exactness you wish, if it had, this game would be vastly different, your clan mechs would be vastly different.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users