An Issue With The Plasma Ball Cockpit Item.

10 replies to this topic

#1 Mao of DC

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 690 posts
  • LocationTerra, Sol System

Posted 23 February 2014 - 10:02 PM

First off I would like to thank MWO for taking my suggestion during the "Pimp my Mech" contest, I was the first person to put in the Plasma Ball entry. I WON!!! Yay for me, as a prize I got a free one again, thank you.

Now the complaint which I only do for people who will or already have paid for this item.

The normal rendering is lackluster at best. While I do understand that getting properly looking arcs of electricity to look right in a game, can be a time consuming process. I also understand that you guys have other things to do with that time, I can forgive that. But when you switch to thermal vision you can really see how badly you guys phoned it in.

I provide video proof below, at time index 0:05 you see the ball magically transform into a square. Did no one do any form of quality control on this item? Again I state that I got mine for free, so I can't complain too loud or too long. Now IF I had paid for it I would have been really HEATED not just mildly annoyed.

Please look into fixing this as soon as you guys are able thank you very much in advance.

#2 Sephlock

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 10,819 posts

Posted 23 February 2014 - 10:37 PM

You got a special 4th dimensional one.

#3 Mao of DC

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 690 posts

Posted 23 February 2014 - 10:54 PM

View PostSephlock, on 23 February 2014 - 10:37 PM, said:

LOL That is an awesome video. Although I was given to understand that the 4th Dimension is actually time. Which means we all already live in a 4D world also know as space-time. Now it can be argued that time isn't the 4th dimension but it IS a dimension. So say the 5th or 10th for all we know. But we do perceive time changing and we all travel through it sadly only forward and for the most part at the same rate.

But we digressed.

Edited by Mao of DC, 23 February 2014 - 10:56 PM.

#4 Mao of DC

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 690 posts

Posted 25 February 2014 - 12:09 AM

I have a quick question for you guys. Has anyone bought this item yet, and if so what are your opinions of it?

#5 Dramborleg

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 128 posts

Posted 25 February 2014 - 09:32 AM

View PostMao of DC, on 23 February 2014 - 10:54 PM, said:

LOL That is an awesome video. Although I was given to understand that the 4th Dimension is actually time. Which means we all already live in a 4D world also know as space-time. Now it can be argued that time isn't the 4th dimension but it IS a dimension. So say the 5th or 10th for all we know. But we do perceive time changing and we all travel through it sadly only forward and for the most part at the same rate.

But we digressed.

Time can be though of as a fourth dimension, but mathematically it makes more sense to understand the fourth dimension as spatial in the same way our three spatial ones are.

#6 XtremWarrior

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 551 posts
  • LocationFrance

Posted 26 February 2014 - 04:04 AM

View PostMao of DC, on 23 February 2014 - 10:54 PM, said:

When was the last time you travel through time? Would you teach me how you did?
Cuz so far i've only see "present".

#7 Rhaythe

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 4,203 posts

Posted 26 February 2014 - 05:14 AM

View PostXtremWarrior, on 26 February 2014 - 04:04 AM, said:

When was the last time you travel through time? Would you teach me how you did?
Cuz so far i've only see "present".

That's because your perspective is traveling forward through time with you.

#8 Mao of DC

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 690 posts

Posted 27 February 2014 - 11:12 AM

View PostRhaythe, on 26 February 2014 - 05:14 AM, said:

That's because your perspective is traveling forward through time with you.

Damn you beat me to it.

Also it IS a fact that the faster you go the slower time is for you. That is why satellites have to regularly update their clocks with ground based clocks. Sure it is only a few milliseconds faster but over time it adds up and can throw off important services they provide think GPS satellites.

Edited by Mao of DC, 27 February 2014 - 11:17 AM.

#9 XtremWarrior

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 551 posts
  • LocationFrance

Posted 28 February 2014 - 01:13 AM

View PostMao of DC, on 27 February 2014 - 11:12 AM, said:

Damn you beat me to it.

Also it IS a fact that the faster you go the slower time is for you. That is why satellites have to regularly update their clocks with ground based clocks. Sure it is only a few milliseconds faster but over time it adds up and can throw off important services they provide think GPS satellites.

Well time is not slower to you, you do not perceive the difference in time while increasing your speed. It's only when comparing its effect to a slower moving object that you can see a difference.
And then you can also use the fact that space will adapt to your speed because of the speed of light limit: if you move at 300K km/s, space have to adjust its shape and size so that you can actually "see" anything...
All this happen because space and time are linked. That may be a good reason why you can't say time is a 4th dimension: it's hard to split it from space itself.

Damn, this is Einstein's stuff, MW:O forums should never have discussions about such trivial subject as science.
Let's rage about the MatchMaker, CW and UI2 instead! :lol:

#10 Mao of DC

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 690 posts

Posted 04 March 2014 - 10:50 PM

Yeah I tried to keep it on topic by asking if anyone else got that item.

#11 CrashieJ

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,435 posts
  • LocationGalatea (Mercenary's Star)

Posted 05 March 2014 - 12:32 AM

View PostMao of DC, on 04 March 2014 - 10:50 PM, said:

Yeah I tried to keep it on topic by asking if anyone else got that item.

we did get that item... all of us... in either one dimension

Posted Image

or another

Posted Image

Edited by gavilatius, 05 March 2014 - 12:32 AM.

8 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 8 guests, 0 anonymous users