Black Screen And Ctf Fix

18 replies to this topic

#1 Wolger

• Pip
  • 17 posts
  • LocationMalaysia

Posted 25 February 2014 - 12:02 PM

I spent the whole night to troubleshoot this and it's now 4.am my time.

Bought Boar's Head on sale and decided to replay the game and to my dismay it was unplayable as It would crash to desktop when I clicked the social button, when I was in my mechlab and after a match ends. The game would remain in black screen before a match starts and I had to force close it.

Reinstalled twice - it just didn;t work.

The solution is set to "FULL WINDOW" in the VIDEO SETTINGS AND turn off the V-Sync. Now no more crash and black screen

- using latest Nvidia driver.

CTD not CTF.

#2 Mrfus

Rookie

• Bridesmaid
  • 2 posts

Posted 06 March 2014 - 03:28 PM

After the last patch I started to get black screens when lunching the match, and I have tried every one of the possible combinations of resolution and features but still I can't play... if I wait the match will end and will be back to the mechlab so I know the process is active and running fine, I'm monitoring my resources and I'm using 43% of the RAM and 67% of processor, I can move between windows and any other software running at the same time behaves normal... sucks, because this and DayZ are the only two games that I play on my PC.

#3 That Dawg

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 1,876 posts

Posted 09 March 2014 - 04:59 AM

bump

#4 Twopenny

Rookie

• 2 posts

Posted 28 March 2014 - 10:18 AM

I have also been experiencing the same problems. Black screen when attempting to join match, (shows splash screen, then will go black). Sometimes my mech cockpit will appear and then I can ready-up, sometimes not. My mech will be stuck in that match until it ends.
After matches, upon pressing "exit match" button, it will CTD.
I have reinstalled multiple times (fresh installs), updated my graphics card drivers, rolled back my drivers to even older versions. No joy.
Pretty annoyed as I had decided to drop some money on this game.

#5 senaiboy

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 372 posts

Posted 16 April 2014 - 02:27 AM

Same issue here for the past few weeks. Stuck at black screen just before dropping into a match. Mech stuck in-game as well until it finishes.

Deleting the shaders folder seem to work but only once, subsequent times will encounter the same black screen issue.

#6 Shamous13

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 684 posts
  • LocationKitchener, Ont.

Posted 16 April 2014 - 03:30 AM

Delete your shaders folder again then add this line to your user.cfg. it may solve your problem.

r_ShadersAsyncCompiling=0

#7 Karen Yu

Rookie

• 2 posts

Posted 22 April 2014 - 10:36 AM

Yeah, I'm having the same problem as well. Will connect, say that what map and format I'm playing, then go black and stay there. I've managed to play 2 games out of the past 10 or 11. The shader thing seemed to work once and then not a second time.

Getting more than a little annoyed cause I was finally getting back into the game. It might be an issue with connectivity? The two games I've managed to get into were in the morning when I think the local area internet usage is low. I've only had the problem in the evenings.

I just want to play the game!! ;) (And it doesn't help that my KDR is slowing eroding with every dropped game)

#8 Gadrean

• Pip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 14 posts

Posted 30 April 2014 - 01:59 PM

Ive been having exactly the same issue lately, same as Karen Yu.

during the day I can connect and play fine, but in the evening whenever I attempt to play I connect and get the screen telling me what map and format im playing and then recieve the black screen of death. This is a constant problem in the evenings.

I can play in the training grounds and use all the mechlab features etc. It only occurs when i try to connect to an actual game, any word on this?

#9 senaiboy

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 372 posts

Posted 30 April 2014 - 03:18 PM

Yeah it's the same issue. I'm still going back-and-forth with MWO support to see if anything helps, but so far no luck. I don't believe it's a connectivity issue, as I could play at midnight/weekends and still get the black screen. Will update when I get a breakthrough.

Looking through the omicron logs while the game is in the background, it seems that the client is stuck after Preparelevel, just before the map gets successfully loaded. The mystery is that it doesn't get the black screen every single time (probably 9 out of 10), and I can get the black screen on my second game even though it's the same map.

Things that didn't work:
Closing all third-party programs in background before running MWO
Disconnecting second monitor (note that I have used dual monitors in the past with no issue)
Updating/reinstalling/rolling back graphics card drivers
Any combination of graphics settings (DX9 or DX11)
Deleting shaders folder or profiles folder
Deleting user.cfg and useroveride.cfg
Repair tool
Reinstalling MWO (in default folder or in a different drive)

Edited by senaiboy, 03 May 2014 - 12:25 PM.

#10 senaiboy

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 372 posts

Posted 13 May 2014 - 12:45 PM

Okay, I've just received a final reply :-

The problem you have encountered is a known issue and we hope to have it fixed soon.

Well nothing we could do but wait and pray.

Edited by senaiboy, 13 May 2014 - 12:45 PM.

#11 Shamous13

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 684 posts
  • LocationKitchener, Ont.

Posted 14 May 2014 - 03:44 AM

View Postsenaiboy, on 13 May 2014 - 12:45 PM, said:

Okay, I've just received a final reply :-

Well nothing we could do but wait and pray.

What are your system specs? have you updated all of your drivers? when updating video drivers you should run a program like ddu to remove , also have you run a memory test? and have you run a check disk?

have you checked the power settings for your network adapter and other hardware? their was a Microsoft update that changed the settings to power saving mode. it did some wonky stuff to my wife's laptop. Go in to Device manager, Right click on your network adapter, select properties, go to power management tab, and turn off "Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power". also check all of the settings for your other hardware ie graph card. The power settings have fixed a few different problems. good old Microsoft strikes again. :)

please note you do need to install Directx 9c. Vista/7/8 comes with DX 10/11 and a base version of dx9. The issue is that MS does not include all the latest modules for dx 9c, nor are the DX10/11 backward compatible. Even a fresh XP install will require DX 9c installation for those updated modules.

DX 10/11 and DX 9c are located in their own subfolders, they do not overwrite each other. Programs and games are set to locate the necessary files from their respective location.

MWO currently utilizes ONLY dx9c files, thus the need to install dx 9c with either the dxsetup.exe (small file that downloads everything from MS) or the redistribution file (large file but useful if installing on several machines or need to reinstall to replace possible corrupted files).

http://www.microsoft...ls.aspx?id=8109

Or

http://www.microsoft...ails.aspx?id=35

You will notice that it supports more than just XP.

Most games that come on a CD/DVD will also have a setup to install the updated modules by using one of the paths. For other games that are download only, they direct you to MS to download (using that site's bandwidth instead of their own) and perform the installation, from a trusted source

Edited by Shamous13, 14 May 2014 - 03:47 AM.

#12 Riordan Lionheart

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Defiant
  • The Defiant
  • 114 posts

Posted 18 May 2014 - 06:11 PM

I can find a game alright, but then it just goes to connecting forever. My internet connection is good and all of my drivers are up to date. Tried a fresh install and the repair tool but that only works once then the next game does the same thing. Tried the user config no shaders fix and I can get into the testing grounds fine. Really don't know what's happening

#13 Oddthetall

Rookie

• Knight Errant
  • 6 posts

Posted 31 May 2014 - 03:49 AM

I have been having this issue for a several months. I've tried everything I could think (as well as all the above steps) of but the problem persisted through a new Windows install as well as the installation of a new graphics card.
Please note - the reinstall and new GPU were not to try to fix this problem but I though they might have a effect.
I finally arrived a what *might* be a temporary solution last night. After reading the theory that it might be a some sort of weird IP-connected issue (and that it worked for somebody else), I tried playing through a VPN - and it worked!
It murdered my ping of course (>100ms to ~300ms) but I can play again.
No idea if this will work for other people, but it might be worth a try as it seems to have worked at least twice.
Hope this helps.

Edited by Oddthetall, 31 May 2014 - 03:50 AM.

#14 Goose

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Civil Servant
  • Civil Servant
  • 3,463 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationThat flattop, up the well, overhead

Posted 31 May 2014 - 08:30 AM

View PostOddthetall, on 31 May 2014 - 03:49 AM, said:

… After reading the theory that it might be a some sort of weird IP-connected issue …

[ears perk up]

http://mwomercs.com/...ost__p__3415394

#15 Flukeman

Rookie

• Big Brother
  • Big Brother
  • 7 posts
  • LocationMalaysia

Posted 12 September 2014 - 08:21 AM

hi guys.. its really getting sick for me to work this around for more than 2 weeks !! I have multiple computer and it happened the same and I cant play the game..how can anyone able to fix the issues? I've been googled all the way and forum and there' no one can fix this matter.. is it my connection problem or the game's problem? I have all other game play and worked like perfectly !just MechWarrior Online I wanted to play so much and its happen everytime when i click PLAY and loading splash screen and then goes black screen and nothing .. alt + tab , alt + enter, all doesn't work. ctrl+alt+del and close and reopen the game.. all the same. uninstall and reinstall the game many times. it worked sometimes and most of the time don't! 5 out of 100 games. and the game that worked are super lag like few seconds delays and cant even play.. reinstall graphic driver , it doesn't work either, what happened to MechWarrior online server or game file issues? its getting frustrated. pls someone help me.

Edited by Flukeman, 12 September 2014 - 08:23 AM.

#16 paladinowp

• Pip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 16 posts
  • LocationMalaysia

Posted 12 September 2014 - 09:06 AM

View PostFlukeman, on 12 September 2014 - 08:21 AM, said:

hi guys.. its really getting sick for me to work this around for more than 2 weeks !! I have multiple computer and it happened the same and I cant play the game..how can anyone able to fix the issues? I've been googled all the way and forum and there' no one can fix this matter.. is it my connection problem or the game's problem? I have all other game play and worked like perfectly !just MechWarrior Online I wanted to play so much and its happen everytime when i click PLAY and loading splash screen and then goes black screen and nothing .. alt + tab , alt + enter, all doesn't work. ctrl+alt+del and close and reopen the game.. all the same. uninstall and reinstall the game many times. it worked sometimes and most of the time don't! 5 out of 100 games. and the game that worked are super lag like few seconds delays and cant even play.. reinstall graphic driver , it doesn't work either, what happened to MechWarrior online server or game file issues? its getting frustrated. pls someone help me.

Hey flukeman, guess we have the same problem, im using streamyx and i guess you too. So far ppl with streamyx having this problem, black screen after launching, im using 1mbps connection btw. Now the only way is to use VPN to play the game. Else, change to unifi or something other than streamyx, yet to test though.

#17 paladinowp

• Pip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 16 posts
  • LocationMalaysia

Posted 12 September 2014 - 09:10 AM

http://mwomercs.com/...o-black-screen/ Another topic you can refer to, if it helps.

#18 DadeoStuart

Rookie

• Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 5 posts

Posted 15 June 2019 - 04:01 PM

i have been trying the last two days to work through this black screen issue.

I can run on testing grounds but not in game

restart and same problem = I drop and get black screen then penalty trying to load into next game on restarting.

#19 Colonel Wolfe

• PipPip
  • 48 posts
  • LocationMissoula, Montana

Posted 16 June 2019 - 10:35 AM

I just discovered that my xbox controller(Fusion) was causing my black screen and fail to drop problems.

I unplugged it and now everything works fine.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users