#1 Peiper

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Dragoon
  • The Dragoon
  • 1,444 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • LocationA fog where no one notices the contrast of white on white

Posted 26 February 2014 - 11:24 AM

For the Sequal on April 12th see this thread: http://mwomercs.com/...vasion-part-ii/

___________________________________________________________________________________

An alliance of several house and mercenary units gathered together to repel the clan incursion. In both waves of the fight, the Clans were stopped dead in their tracks. Though the clans fought with honor, they left in their dropships to return to where they came from. This will not be the end, however. We will take the fight to them. On 12 April, the Inner Sphere will counterstrike the clans in their own territory! So stay tuned!

But here's what you all really want to know:

In the afternoon, the Inner Sphere won by an average total score of 307 to 297. That's 10 points difference in the average scores for all 20 lances dropping - 9 Clan lances vs. 11 Inner Sphere lances. That's a big victory for the Inner Sphere!

In the evening, the spread was only 5 points difference, with an average total score of 269 vs. 264. This time there were 12 Inner Sphere lances vs. 6 Clan lances.

Of the individual lances, the BEARS won the day.
The 8th Ursan Battalion stole the show in the afternoon with both first and third place lances.
Coming in second was German Clan Ghost Bear, the highest scoring clan unit of the day.
Fourth place was held solidly by the Equestrian Royal Guard.

In the evening, the triumvirate of the Dragon, Dog, and Bear crashed powerfully into the enemy lines.
First place was held by the 3rd Takada Lancers.
Second place was secured by my own Devil Dogs.
Third place was mantained by the 8th Ursan Battalion, hanging on into the wee hours of the Polish morning to ensure victory for our homelands.
Clan Wolf Alpha Galaxy scored highest in the evening, holding on bitterly to fourth place.

The units that participated were many, and I am proud to announce their names to the community. While individual mechwarriors were competing for prizes in the PGI tournaments, these units sent sometimes one, sometimes as many as three lances worth of warriors to fight in this TRUE faction war, where teamwork, loyalty, and dedication to your brothers and sisters counted for far more than individual prowess. Even lone wolves headed the warhorn to fill in the ranks and fight side by side with Clan, House and mercenary units.

Role of Honor
3rd Takata Lancers (Kurita)
8th Ursan Battalion (Poland)
21st Arcturan Guard
25th Skye Rangers (Germany-Steiner)
331st Royal Combat Team
Clan Coyote
Clan Ghost Bear (Germany)
Clan Nova Cat
Clan Wolf Alpha Galaxy
Clan Wolf Delta Galaxy
Clan Wolf Gamma Galaxy (Germany)
Devil Dogs Galaxy, Wolfs Dragoons
Eridani Light Pony
Equestrian Royal Guard
Hesperus II TMM
House of Shadows
Knight Wardens
Murphy's Law
Team Cortez

(Please PM me if I omitted your unit!)

If you'd like to see the scoring breakdown, visit this spreadsheet.
https://docs.google....QwajFwV3c#gid=0
The top three scores for each lance was used in averaging high MATCH scores per lance, and those same scores were used to determine the faction winner (best average overall score, using top three scores of each lance).

Special thanks goes to Loremaster Merlin Conners of Clan Wolf Alpha Galaxy for help with the spreadsheets, scoring and great company! And a very special thanks to all who participated. This was truly a community event, and it was an honor to scorekeep for you!
-Star Colonel Erich Peiper, Devil Dogs Galaxy, Wolfs Dragoons

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Today 3:30EST (19:30GMT)!

Be There!

(Yeah, I screwed up the EST/GMT conversion due to daylight savings time, it is corrected.)

Posted Image

The Clans are Invading the Lyran Commonwealth!

The best Clan lances will be looking to drop against the best House Steiner lances. House Steiner is calling for support from the rest of the Inner Sphere to repel the invasion and push these eugenic abominations back beyond the periphery where they belong. Hosted by the House Steiner HUB and Clan Wolf, this competition will be in two sessions, one in the European evening, and one in the American evening. Each session will consist of 10 lance drops. There is no limit to the number of Inner Sphere or Clan lances fighting in this event. At the end of every match, the lance leader will report to the scorekeepers. The information gathered by the scorekeepers will be used to determine who the best lances are, and ultimately which faction wins the event!

How to prepare? We can't let these Clan invaders wipe out our way of life. You should create a lance and practice with them. It doesn't matter if you are dropping with your unit, a mixed lance, or a completely lone wolf lance. At the beginning of the event, you will declare whether you will be fighting for the Inner Sphere or the Clans. Be ready to commit around two and a half hours for each segment of the event, though I'd prepare to be there a few minutes early to hear the speeches beforehand and a few minutes afterward to hear the scores. You can participate in one or both segments. They are scored independently of each other.

Each lance will be lead by a lance leader, and will be scored under the name of that lance leader. So, whoever the lance leader is, they should be there a few minutes early and expect to stay the entire event. If a lance leader quits partway through, that lance is forfeit. At the beginning of the event, we will give orders to all the lance leader on how their lances will participate. Experience has shown us that the whole competition will take two to two-and-a-half hours to complete. There will not be any weight or mech restrictions, so newer players can take whatever they can field.

When?

Saturday, March 22, 2014.

What time?

The afternoon session begins at 19:30GMT (3:30pmEST) This time is specifically set up for our European friends, but all can participate.
The evening session begins at 8:30pm EST.

BE THERE EARLY!!

Where?

House Steiner Teamspeak! TS1.housesteiner.com

Loser buys the beer!

Scoring:
Complete scoring details will only be revealed at the end of the event in an attempt to prevent exploitation.

Scorekeepers: Star Colonel Erich Peiper, Khan Hell Hound Wallace

Edited by Peiper, 24 March 2014 - 07:56 PM.

#2 MechB Kotare

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 720 posts
  • LocationHuntress

Posted 26 February 2014 - 11:43 AM

So it's slowly beggining. I can already sense the death in atmosphere.

Can't talk for all of them, but Clan Smoke Jaguar Alpha Galaxy will attend.

Salutations, and No mercy!

#3 Grey Death Storm

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Angel
  • The Angel
  • 290 posts

Posted 26 February 2014 - 12:12 PM

View PostPeiper, on 26 February 2014 - 11:24 AM, said:

Posted Image

The Clans are Invading the Lyran Alliance!

The best Clan lances will be looking to drop against the best House Steiner lances. House Steiner is calling for support from the rest of the Inner Sphere to repel the invasion and push these eugenic abominations back beyond the periphery where they belong. Hosted by the House Steiner HUB and Clan Wolf, this competition will be in two sessions, one in the European evening, and one in the American evening. Each session will consist of 10 lance drops. There is no limit to the number of Inner Sphere or Clan lances fighting in this event. At the end of every match, the lance leader will report to the scorekeepers. The information gathered by the scorekeepers will be used to determine who the best lances are, and ultimately which faction wins the event!
How to prepare? We can't let these Clan invaders wipe out our way of life. You should create a lance and practice with them. It doesn't matter if you are dropping with your unit, a mixed lance, or a completely lone wolf lance. At the beginning of the event, you will declare whether you will be fighting for the Inner Sphere or the Clans. Be ready to commit around two and a half hours for each segment of the event, though I'd prepare to be there a few minutes early to hear the speeches beforehand and a few minutes afterward to hear the scores.

When?

Saturday, March 22, 2014.

What time?

The afternoon session begins at 19:30GMT (2:30pmEST) This time is specifically set up for our European friends, but all can participate.

The evening session begins at 8:30pm EST.

BE THERE EARLY!!

Where?

House Steiner Teamspeak! TS1.housesteiner.com

Loser buys the beer!

Scoring:
Complete scoring details will only be revealed at the end of the event in an attempt to prevent exploitation.

Scorekeepers: Star Colonel Erich Peiper, Khan Hell Hound Wallace

Hate to rain on your parade however the Clan mechs will not be here until 17 June

#4 Peiper

• The Dragoon
  • The Dragoon
  • 1,444 posts

Posted 26 February 2014 - 12:24 PM

View PostDeath Storm, on 26 February 2014 - 12:12 PM, said:

Hate to rain on your parade however the Clan mechs will not be here until 17 June

Way to be a troll. This is a community event. By your reasoning, you don't exist, because the Grey Death Legion can't be chosen as a faction/Unit either.

#5 CHH Badkarma

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 831 posts

Posted 26 February 2014 - 12:25 PM

You do not need clan tech to have a player arranged event. It is all about the spirit of it

Edited by CHH Badkarma, 26 February 2014 - 12:26 PM.

#6 WarHippy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 3,835 posts

Posted 26 February 2014 - 12:47 PM

View PostCHH Badkarma, on 26 February 2014 - 12:25 PM, said:

You do not need clan tech to have a player arranged event. It is all about the spirit of it

While I agree, it still seems rather silly to have a Clan vs IS event when we have no Clan mechs. Either way I hope it is successful, and I hope you guys have a blast.

#7 Goose Igaly

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 282 posts

Posted 26 February 2014 - 12:48 PM

Team Cortez Mercenary Corps will be present and fighting for whichever faction has the biggest checkboo-I mean...we'll be fighting for Steiner, of course.

#8 CykloneJack

• PipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 61 posts

Posted 26 February 2014 - 12:52 PM

Team cortez's striking 3rd lance will be in attendance....

#9 Grey Death Storm

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Angel
  • The Angel
  • 290 posts

Posted 26 February 2014 - 01:16 PM

View PostPeiper, on 26 February 2014 - 12:24 PM, said:

Way to be a troll. This is a community event. By your reasoning, you don't exist, because the Grey Death Legion can't be chosen as a faction/Unit either.

Forgive me I am not trying to be a Troll, i am merely pointing out the obvious, Its a good idea however would you not better wait until the Clan Tech actually comes out then your Competition would have a more meaningful purpose

I am Grey Death Legion Corp Mercenary for hire, its really up you guys if you decided hire my services and as Marack Drock points out our unit successfully repelled Clan invasion force.

Edited by Death Storm, 26 February 2014 - 01:24 PM.

#10 Peiper

• The Dragoon
  • The Dragoon
  • 1,444 posts

Posted 26 February 2014 - 01:29 PM

View PostDeath Storm, on 26 February 2014 - 01:16 PM, said:

... then your Competition would have a more meaningful purpose

The primary mission for this event is to have a good time, build the community, and build bridges. It's just for fun, Death Storm. Just because our unit can't get Marauder II's doesn't mean we can't identify with the Wolfs Dragoons. Some guys will be Trueborn even if they have to fight with bare feet and satchel charges. Just because we don't have everything we want, doesn't mean we can't make do with what we have.

What more meaningful purpose is there than having a good time and making friends? In the end, that's what you remember. The rest is details.

Edited by Peiper, 26 February 2014 - 01:30 PM.

#11 Appogee

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 10,966 posts
  • LocationOn planet Tukayyid, celebrating victory

Posted 26 February 2014 - 01:50 PM

I am Grey Death Legion Corp Mercenary for hire, its really up you guys if you decided hire my services and as Marack Drock points out our unit successfully repelled Clan invasion force.

Hate to rain on your parade however your unit can't successfully repel a Clan invasion force until 17 June...?

;)

Sounds like a great community event by the way!

#12 Peiper

• The Dragoon
  • The Dragoon
  • 1,444 posts

Posted 26 February 2014 - 01:54 PM

You are welcome to bring lances to this event and declare for either Inner Sphere or the Clans. And I'll give you permission to call yourself Grey Death Legion too, if you want. ;)

#13 Grey Death Storm

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Angel
  • The Angel
  • 290 posts

Posted 26 February 2014 - 02:34 PM

View PostAppogee, on 26 February 2014 - 01:50 PM, said:

Hate to rain on your parade however your unit can't successfully repel a Clan invasion force until 17 June...?

;)

Sounds like a great community event by the way!

I dont understand why you are taking such a hostile approach to what i am saying PS have good community event

#14 Rowanas

• PipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 50 posts

Posted 26 February 2014 - 02:44 PM

This seems like a nice idea. The only problem I can really see is that the inevitability of a crushing clan win renders it all but meaningless. I'll see if I can get a star together to prove it ;)

#15 Will9761

• Big Brother
  • Big Brother
  • 4,550 posts

Posted 26 February 2014 - 03:07 PM

I'll see if I can get my crew to attend this.

#16 Levi Porphyrogenitus

• Mercenary
  • Mercenary
  • 4,763 posts
  • LocationAurora, Indiana, USA, North America, Earth, Sol, Milky Way

Posted 26 February 2014 - 03:10 PM

The Lyran Alliance? You mean Katherine's ******* of a country? Until she reveals just how nutty she really is, you really ought to call it the Lyran Commonwealth, or soon the Federated Commonwealth.

#17 Nick Drezary

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Nocturnal
  • The Nocturnal
  • 232 posts
  • LocationMoon

Posted 26 February 2014 - 03:56 PM

I like the idea, but how about a little bit more info about the rules(build/weight limitations, how actual fights gonna happen and such stuff)

#18 Dracol

• The Steadfast
  • The Steadfast
  • 2,539 posts
  • LocationSW Florida

Posted 26 February 2014 - 05:23 PM

Sounds like a lot of fun. I'll let em all know in CI about it. Been a few pilots looking to get some more serious fighting under their belts.

#19 Peiper

• The Dragoon
  • The Dragoon
  • 1,444 posts

Posted 26 February 2014 - 06:40 PM

View PostLevi Porphyrogenitus, on 26 February 2014 - 03:10 PM, said:

The Lyran Alliance? You mean Katherine's ******* of a country? Until she reveals just how nutty she really is, you really ought to call it the Lyran Commonwealth, or soon the Federated Commonwealth.

You're right. Changed. Colonel Wolf pays me to fight, not write press releases.

View PostNick Drezary, on 26 February 2014 - 03:56 PM, said:

I like the idea, but how about a little bit more info about the rules(build/weight limitations, how actual fights gonna happen and such stuff)

I added a little more information in the description. More information will have to be withheld, and it will be apparent why when the event is over.

#20 ATao

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 574 posts

Posted 26 February 2014 - 09:45 PM

Any plans for 12v12 events?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users