96 replies to this topic

#81 Will9761

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Brother
  • Big Brother
  • 4,568 posts

Posted 18 March 2014 - 02:20 PM

View PostPeiper, on 18 March 2014 - 01:15 PM, said:

Yes, because insulting our neighbors is a fantastic way to forge an alliance against the Clan Invaders... I'd like to see how Russia would have done against Germany if they decided they'd reject our Sherman tanks and thousands upon thousands of Dodge trucks with the idea they'd just replace their losses with captured Panthers, Tigers and RSO tractors...

And as others in this thread have pointed out: where is this 'clan tech' you speak of? lol

Mariks are trying to breach our, border after all. By the way, I'm not offending anyone this is just RP talk, since my unit is from the Tamarind March Militia (Marik boarded-based).

As for clan-tech, Intel reports that Clan Mechs are currently being develop slowly in the Kerensky Cluster. That is why they are using SLDF mechs for this Invasion.

Edited by Will9761, 18 March 2014 - 02:31 PM.

#82 Peiper

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Dragoon
  • The Dragoon
  • 1,444 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • LocationA fog where no one notices the contrast of white on white

Posted 18 March 2014 - 02:33 PM

View PostLukoi, on 18 March 2014 - 01:45 PM, said:

Peiper...see my questions on page four?

PM'ed you.

#83 Peiper

• The Dragoon
  • The Dragoon
  • 1,444 posts

Posted 18 March 2014 - 02:40 PM

View PostWill9761, on 18 March 2014 - 02:20 PM, said:

Mariks are trying to breach our, border after all. By the way, I'm not offending anyone this is just RP talk, since my unit is from the Tamarind March Militia (Marik boarded-based).

As for clan-tech, Intel reports that Clan Mechs are currently being develop slowly in the Kerensky Cluster. That is why they are using SLDF mechs for this Invasion.

Oh, I'd love to know where you got your intel. And to be fair, we know longer even know what the date is in MWO anymore. We could be in the Dark Ages! Be happy the clans are playing along with our rules: fighting in lances with equivalent technology.

I am also roleplaying, as a Wolf's Dragoon. We know, that should these rumored clans invade, it will take the entire Inner Sphere working together to have a chance at stopping them!

#84 Woopass

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Fire
  • Fire
  • 209 posts
  • LocationTacoma, WA

Posted 18 March 2014 - 02:40 PM

I will be there Star Colonel! Unless its while I am packing up and moving then it maybe a bit rough ;P

#85 Will9761

• Big Brother
  • Big Brother
  • 4,568 posts

Posted 18 March 2014 - 02:57 PM

View PostPeiper, on 18 March 2014 - 02:40 PM, said:

Oh, I'd love to know where you got your intel. And to be fair, we know longer even know what the date is in MWO anymore. We could be in the Dark Ages! Be happy the clans are playing along with our rules: fighting in lances with equivalent technology.

I am also roleplaying, as a Wolf's Dragoon. We know, that should these rumored clans invade, it will take the entire Inner Sphere working together to have a chance at stopping them!

I have nothing wrong with this event. I really do hope it goes well and the whole Clan units using SLDF mechs was a joke. We are already allied with Mercenaries, the Draconis Combine and the Federated Suns (through the Federated Commonwealth).

Edited by Will9761, 18 March 2014 - 02:58 PM.

#86 Uncle Totty

• The Hunter
  • The Hunter
  • 1,556 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationSomewhere in the ARDC (Ark-Royal Defense Cordon)

Posted 18 March 2014 - 04:13 PM

View PostWill9761, on 18 March 2014 - 11:53 AM, said:

No, we will not buy anything associated with Free World trash, we'll salvage the clan tech instead.

Over my dead body. :(

#87 Will9761

• Big Brother
  • Big Brother
  • 4,568 posts

Posted 19 March 2014 - 12:46 AM

All I know is this event will be off the heezy, It will finally be nice to meet some of the members of the Clan Community from the forums on Teamspeak.

#88 rageagainstthedyingofthelight

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Rage
  • Rage
  • 306 posts
  • LocationTerra Therma, shut down

Posted 22 March 2014 - 08:15 PM

The Third Takata, thanks to our drunk Scottish pilots, have prevailed!

#89 William Knight

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Blade
  • The Blade
  • 374 posts

Posted 22 March 2014 - 08:23 PM

ELP have completed their contracts!

#90 Will9761

• Big Brother
  • Big Brother
  • 4,568 posts

Posted 22 March 2014 - 08:30 PM

Hesperus II TMM represented.

#91 Conductor Rarity

• PipPipPip
  • The Boombox
  • The Boombox
  • 90 posts
  • LocationLots of different places

Posted 22 March 2014 - 08:34 PM

View PostWilliam Knight, on 22 March 2014 - 08:23 PM, said:

ELP have completed their contracts!

As did the Equestria Royal Guard o7

#92 Will9761

• Big Brother
  • Big Brother
  • 4,568 posts

Posted 22 March 2014 - 08:59 PM

We came, we saw, and we kicked the Clan's butt twice.

Edited by Will9761, 22 March 2014 - 09:00 PM.

#93 Peiper

• The Dragoon
  • The Dragoon
  • 1,444 posts

Posted 22 March 2014 - 10:02 PM

Scores are posted in the first tab along with a spreadsheet so individual lances can compare. One score to note is the TOTAL scores and average TOTAL scores tabulated for each lance.

Thanks to EVERYONE who played! I'm looking forward to the counterstrike on Aprill 12!

#94 Nathy

Rookie

• 6 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationGermany

Posted 23 March 2014 - 01:22 AM

View PostPeiper, on 26 February 2014 - 11:24 AM, said:

An alliance of several house and mercenary units gathered together to repel the clan incursion. In both waves of the fight, the Clans were stopped dead in their tracks. Though the clans fought with honor, they left in their dropships to return to where they came from. This will not be the end, however. We will take the fight to them. On 12 April, the Inner Sphere will counterstrike the clans in their own territory! So stay tuned!

But here's what you all really want to know:

In the afternoon, the Inner Sphere won by an average total score of 307 to 297. That's 10 points difference in the average scores for all 20 lances dropping - 9 Clan lances vs. 11 Inner Sphere lances. That's a big victory for the Inner Sphere!

In the evening, the spread was only 5 points difference, with an average total score of 269 vs. 264. This time there were 12 Inner Sphere lances vs. 6 Clan lances.

Of the individual lances, the BEARS won the day.
The 8th Ursan Battalion stole the show in the afternoon with both first and third place lances.
Coming in second was German Clan Ghost Bear, the highest scoring clan unit of the day.
Fourth place was held solidly by the Equestrian Royal Guard.

In the evening, the triumvirate of the Dragon, Dog, and Bear crashed powerfully into the enemy lines.
First place was held by the 3rd Takada Lancers.
Second place was secured by my own Devil Dogs.
Third place was mantained by the 8th Ursan Battalion, hanging on into the wee hours of the Polish morning to ensure victory for our homelands.
Clan Wolf Alpha Galaxy scored highest in the evening, holding on bitterly to fourth place.

The units that participated were many, and I am proud to announce their names to the community. While individual mechwarriors were competing for prizes in the PGI tournaments, these units sent sometimes one, sometimes as many as three lances worth of warriors to fight in this TRUE faction war, where teamwork, loyalty, and dedication to your brothers and sisters counted for far more than individual prowess. Even lone wolves headed the warhorn to fill in the ranks and fight side by side with Clan, House and mercenary units.

Role of Honor
3rd Takata Lancers (Kurita)
8th Ursan Battalion (Poland)
21st Arcturan Guard
25th Skye Rangers (Germany-Steiner)
331st Royal Combat Team
Clan Coyote
Clan Ghost Bear (Germany)
Clan Nova Cat
Clan Wolf Alpha Galaxy
Clan Wolf Delta Galaxy
Clan Wolf Gamma Galaxy (Germany)
Devil Dogs Galaxy, Wolfs Dragoons
Eridani Light Pony
Equestrian Royal Guard
Hesperus II TMM
House of Shadows
Knight Wardens
Murphy's Law
Team Cortez

(Please PM me if I omitted your unit!)

If you'd like to see the scoring breakdown, visit this spreadsheet.
https://docs.google....QwajFwV3c#gid=0
The top three scores for each lance was used in averaging high MATCH scores per lance, and those same scores were used to determine the faction winner (best average overall score, using top three scores of each lance).

Special thanks goes to Loremaster Merlin Conners of Clan Wolf Alpha Galaxy for help with the spreadsheets, scoring and great company! And a very special thanks to all who participated. This was truly a community event, and it was an honor to scorekeep for you!
-Star Colonel Erich Peiper, Devil Dogs Galaxy, Wolfs Dragoons

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Today 3:30EST (19:30GMT)!

Be There!

(Yeah, I screwed up the EST/GMT conversion due to daylight savings time, it is corrected.)

Posted Image

The Clans are Invading the Lyran Commonwealth!

The best Clan lances will be looking to drop against the best House Steiner lances. House Steiner is calling for support from the rest of the Inner Sphere to repel the invasion and push these eugenic abominations back beyond the periphery where they belong. Hosted by the House Steiner HUB and Clan Wolf, this competition will be in two sessions, one in the European evening, and one in the American evening. Each session will consist of 10 lance drops. There is no limit to the number of Inner Sphere or Clan lances fighting in this event. At the end of every match, the lance leader will report to the scorekeepers. The information gathered by the scorekeepers will be used to determine who the best lances are, and ultimately which faction wins the event!

How to prepare? We can't let these Clan invaders wipe out our way of life. You should create a lance and practice with them. It doesn't matter if you are dropping with your unit, a mixed lance, or a completely lone wolf lance. At the beginning of the event, you will declare whether you will be fighting for the Inner Sphere or the Clans. Be ready to commit around two and a half hours for each segment of the event, though I'd prepare to be there a few minutes early to hear the speeches beforehand and a few minutes afterward to hear the scores. You can participate in one or both segments. They are scored independently of each other.

Each lance will be lead by a lance leader, and will be scored under the name of that lance leader. So, whoever the lance leader is, they should be there a few minutes early and expect to stay the entire event. If a lance leader quits partway through, that lance is forfeit. At the beginning of the event, we will give orders to all the lance leader on how their lances will participate. Experience has shown us that the whole competition will take two to two-and-a-half hours to complete. There will not be any weight or mech restrictions, so newer players can take whatever they can field.

When?

Saturday, March 22, 2014.

What time?

The afternoon session begins at 19:30GMT (3:30pmEST) This time is specifically set up for our European friends, but all can participate.

The evening session begins at 8:30pm EST.

BE THERE EARLY!!

Where?

House Steiner Teamspeak! TS1.housesteiner.com

Loser buys the beer!

Scoring:
Complete scoring details will only be revealed at the end of the event in an attempt to prevent exploitation.

Scorekeepers: Star Colonel Erich Peiper, Khan Hell Hound Wallace

Thank you again, for doing all this. We really appriciated being there with all of you. That was fun and we'll surely be there in April again.
You Guys really did a great Job. ;)

Many greetings from the German Clan Ghostbear.

~S.Com. Nathy ;)

#95 ManaValkyrie

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary
  • Mercenary
  • 507 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 23 March 2014 - 03:54 AM

I would like to thank Peiper and Conner for hosting a great set of tournament rounds. The competition was fun without being forced to drop in set times.

My unit members had a great time participating in both rounds, so again thanks from the 3rd Takata Lancers

#96 Longblade

Rookie

• Philanthropist
  • 8 posts

Posted 23 March 2014 - 06:30 AM

Awesome Event, same as previous one, and for sure as next one.
Gratz to Peiper and all LCAF Communication HUB community members,

Polish 8th Ursan Battalion and its Auxilia will certainly participate again.

#97 Peiper

• The Dragoon
  • The Dragoon
  • 1,444 posts

Posted 24 March 2014 - 07:57 PM

For the Sequal on April 12th see this thread: http://mwomercs.com/...vasion-part-ii/

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users