- - - - -

Help A Scrublord Out

21 replies to this topic

#1 MechWarrior981551

Rookie

• 6 posts
  • LocationFlorida

Posted 27 February 2014 - 11:19 AM

Question #1: Earlier lastnight when i signed up for an account here it gave me an option to have 24 hours of premium, well i closed out of the webpage and now that i have the game downloaded i can't seem to find that option. Did i miss out on the freebie?

Question #2: I've got about 4mil credits saved up atm from running the trial mechs and i wanted to ask which heavy or assault mech is good for using auto cannons? I miss my Deimos from MW4. I loved it's auto cannons.

#2 Bhelogan

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Boombox
  • The Boombox
  • 328 posts
  • LocationGeorgia

Posted 27 February 2014 - 11:21 AM

1) In the game client you can redeem your premium time.

2) Cataphracts and Jagger mechs are good heavies for AC load-outs. for Assaults probably the Highlanders or Victors.

#3 MechWarrior981551

Rookie

• 6 posts
  • LocationFlorida

Posted 27 February 2014 - 11:22 AM

View PostBhelogan, on 27 February 2014 - 11:21 AM, said:

2) Cataphracts and Jagger mechs are good heavies for AC load-outs. for Assaults probably the Highlanders or Victors.

Thanks for the rapid response.

Victor huh? Looking at it now, kinda reminds me of a nova cat. Although i'd prefer the nova cat. XD

#4 SkkyHigh

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 201 posts
  • LocationOntario, Canada

Posted 27 February 2014 - 11:24 AM

You need to activate the premium time in game.

Heavy Mechs eh, Auto-Cannons you say. I like the Cataphracts or the Jagers. For assaults the Highlander or Victor.

I see a bunch of us think alike.

Edited by SkkyHigh, 27 February 2014 - 11:24 AM.

#5 MechWarrior981551

Rookie

• 6 posts
  • LocationFlorida

Posted 27 February 2014 - 11:28 AM

Alright so i'm in-game at the moment and i must be blind, stupid or drunk but i don't see an option to redeem the free 24hrs of premium.

#6 Bhelogan

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Boombox
  • The Boombox
  • 328 posts
  • LocationGeorgia

Posted 27 February 2014 - 11:30 AM

Yea, i am looking for that as well. I haven't used the feature since the new User Interface 2.0 was released earlier this month, and I am not sure where they hid it at.

#7 Pyro Pete Sanchez

• Pip
  • Little Helper
  • 10 posts

Posted 27 February 2014 - 11:31 AM

You should be able to hit the "Activate" button under the Premium Time counter. That should bring up a window telling you that you have 1 day stocked. Click yes, and you should be good to start making the big bucks!

#8 BLUPRNT

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Giant Helper
  • Giant Helper
  • 616 posts
  • LocationLake Something or Other, WA

Posted 27 February 2014 - 11:32 AM

I wish I could be more help to you.

But I wanted to shout in here "LONG LIVE THE DIEMOS"

I thought I was the only one who remembered and addored that mech.

This game can be a little frustrating at first but you will get stronger if you don't give up.

Welcome to MWO!

#9 MechWarrior981551

Rookie

• 6 posts
  • LocationFlorida

Posted 27 February 2014 - 11:34 AM

View PostPyro Pete Sanchez, on 27 February 2014 - 11:31 AM, said:

You should be able to hit the "Activate" button under the Premium Time counter. That should bring up a window telling you that you have 1 day stocked. Click yes, and you should be good to start making the big bucks!

Just looked and it doesn't have the activate button there so apparently i did miss out on the freebie.

View PostBLUPRNT, on 27 February 2014 - 11:32 AM, said:

I wish I could be more help to you.

But I wanted to shout in here "LONG LIVE THE DIEMOS"

I thought I was the only one who remembered and addored that mech.

This game can be a little frustrating at first but you will get stronger if you don't give up.

Welcome to MWO!

Diemos was my go-to mech in MW4. It'll always have a place in my heart.

#10 Kenyon Burguess

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 2,619 posts
  • LocationNE PA USA

Posted 27 February 2014 - 11:37 AM

bottom left of the screen, very small

#11 Koniving

Welcoming Committee

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Guide
  • The Guide
  • 23,384 posts

Posted 27 February 2014 - 11:38 AM

View PostitsXthomasTAG, on 27 February 2014 - 11:28 AM, said:

Alright so i'm in-game at the moment and i must be blind, stupid or drunk but i don't see an option to redeem the free 24hrs of premium.

The first question is did you click on it when it came up on the website? If not, go back to the download page, click download, and it should reappear. Also try "Happy Holidays" in the redeem page to see if maybe that one works still.

That said, if you have clicked on it.... In game you will find "Home." Click that. On the left hand side is "Activate". Click that. It will ask you to confirm and tell you how many days of premium you have in storage.

Note: This will only happen for premium time given through the website. Bottom left side of this picture. Orange button.
Posted Image

Edited by Koniving, 27 February 2014 - 11:42 AM.

#12 MechWarrior981551

Rookie

• 6 posts
  • LocationFlorida

Posted 27 February 2014 - 11:41 AM

View PostKoniving, on 27 February 2014 - 11:38 AM, said:

The first question is did you click on it when it came up on the website? If not, go back to the download page, click download, and it should reappear. Also try "Happy Holidays" in the redeem page to see if maybe that one works still.

That said, if you have clicked on it.... In game you will find "Home." Click that. On the left hand side is "Activate". Click that. It will ask you to confirm and tell you how many days of premium you have in storage.

Note: This will only happen for premium time given through the website.

^This worked. I had to go back to the download page and do it like that. Thanks! :D

Edited by itsXthomasTAG, 27 February 2014 - 11:41 AM.

#13 Redshift2k5

Welcoming Committee

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Stone Cold
  • Stone Cold
  • 11,975 posts
  • LocationNewfoundland

Posted 27 February 2014 - 11:47 AM

sorry Kon, the happyholidays code is long gone. We still have the ol' faithful one-free-day from the Download page, though.

#14 no one

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 533 posts

Posted 27 February 2014 - 11:48 AM

If I remember correctly, the 24 hour free premium for downloading the client starts without you activating it. To check to see if you've redeemed it go to your profile > redeem. If it doesn't show up, try to get it again.

edit:
Well, keep in mind that the premium time stacks with you cadet bonus, so it's good to run through those 24 matches while you have it running.

Edited by no one, 27 February 2014 - 02:30 PM.

#15 Bront

• Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 4,212 posts
  • LocationInternet

Posted 27 February 2014 - 11:48 AM

View PostBhelogan, on 27 February 2014 - 11:21 AM, said:

With the new UI, it automatically activated for a friend of mine. Was mildly annoyed (though he was going to use it anyway, so it wasn't a huge issue).

#16 ZeProme

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Spear
  • 562 posts

Posted 27 February 2014 - 11:50 AM

I recognize your IGN on the WoT forum. Assuming you are, who you are, welcome aboard to MWO.

Community wise, its a lot more mature than on WoT forum.

Anyways, while there are occasional out bursts of "bad" teams, the community here isn't as severe nor immature.

As always, start by reading the many helpful guides available on this forum.

#17 Turist0AT

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 1,311 posts

Posted 27 February 2014 - 12:18 PM

I recommend these mechs because they have a bit of everything, but if you want pure ballistics then there is no better than Cataphract-4X(except ILYA Muromets).

Heavy:

Cataphract-3D is a very good starter mech. Ballistics, Energy and can carry Jump Jets.
Orion-K is a very powerfull mech too. Ballistics, Energy and Missiles (no Jay Jays tho)

Assault:

Viktor-B or S Ballistics, Energy, Missiles and JJ
Battlemaster-1G Ballistics, allot of energy and Missiles.

Edited by Turist0AT, 27 February 2014 - 12:55 PM.

#18 Aluminumfoiled

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 189 posts
  • LocationErehwon

Posted 27 February 2014 - 12:42 PM

Welcome to MWO itsXthomas. MWO is the best Mechwarrior yet. Human opponents are much more dangerous than bots ever were. Art work and mechanics are the best.

Don't know if you were aware of this http://mwo.smurfy-net.de/mechlab . Mech building tool. Nice map section.

View PostitsXthomasTAG, on 27 February 2014 - 11:19 AM, said:

which heavy or assault mech is good for using auto cannons? I miss my Deimos from MW4. I loved it's auto cannons.

Victor is a very nice place to start. Like TouristOAT said start with the VTR B or S, they can mount AC20 or two AC 5. Victor with an AC20 is a good fit. Close range now though. They really shine with a XL 350 and are not worse off with an XL.

Downside is expense. 15.4 million for a Victor with double heatsinks, Endo internals, and the XL 350. Don't have to buy the engine again though for other uses. It will make you money. Comes with the STD 320 - tough and good enough to get going.

Hard points are varied enough to do different loads. Enjoy.

#19 Turist0AT

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 1,311 posts

Posted 27 February 2014 - 12:48 PM

Not only can Victor B and S carry, either AC-20,AC-10, 2xAC-5 oooooor this is the best part about this mech 2xUltra AC-5 . Paired with heavy energy and/or missiles of your choice.

For comparison:

Cataphract 4X can carry 4xAC-5 or 2AC-5 and 2UAC-5 or 2AC-10
ILYA Muromets 3UAC-5 or 3AC-10
Both have energy and 4X have a missle slot in the head too.

Oh and stop cramming your face into the windshield(FOV).

Edited by Turist0AT, 27 February 2014 - 03:26 PM.

#20 luxebo

• The 1 Percent
  • 2,342 posts

Posted 28 February 2014 - 04:53 PM

View PostitsXthomasTAG, on 27 February 2014 - 11:19 AM, said:

Question #2: I've got about 4mil credits saved up atm from running the trial mechs and i wanted to ask which heavy or assault mech is good for using auto cannons? I miss my Deimos from MW4. I loved it's auto cannons.

For some reason internet must've glitched or something, but my internet must've screwed up or something so I accidently posted this in another thread. Reposted.

Deimos's closest buddy in this game as of now is the Jagermech for sure, there is no other similar heavy/assault with that kind of AC holding ability (for those of you that don't know it from Mekpak, it's an Assault from Clan Snow Raven that has giant arms that can hold as much if not more autocannons than a Jagermech, with some missile and energy ability all at once.) Another thing to think about is the interesting assault that maybe coming soon. If it's a Banshee or Mauler, you may have one assault with the same amount of dakka holding ability as the Deimos...

You should also be able to recognize the Victor from MW4 Mercs, it was there for sure. Another thing I don't think anyone mentioned is the mastering of a mech. Whatever mech you choose to start with will be better after eliting, which means you need 3 variants for the chassis you want to complete in order to master the mech chassis. Lastly, play through all your Cadet Bonus (around a bit more than double what you have as of now) before you get a mech. Hope I helped.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users