Mwo And Touchbuddy

6 replies to this topic

#1 Slechtvalk

• PipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 57 posts

Posted 07 March 2014 - 02:57 AM

I need some help with touchbuddy and Mechwarrior online. Hopefully here is somebody who can help.

I playing on an eyefinity setup with 3 screens on 5040x1050
additionally i got a 4th screen, Iiyama PLT2250MTS touchscreen.

So i found touchbuddy to make my virtual cockpit more realistic.

Creating a touchbuddy profile works well, the point is, whenever i hit one of the buttons i created on the touchscreen, it also creates a mouse input, (well windows itself recognizes any position on that screen and set the mouse onto it).

What happens to the game, the itself sees the mouse is ofscreen, with DX11 and windowed it stays on mainscreen, but the mech reacts on that mouse input, and tries to aim in direction of that mouse input.

is there anyway to tell the game not to react on that offscreen mouseposition?

i made a small video where you can see what exactly happens.

workarounds?

i got an additional ipad, well i would prefer using the touchscreen.

i could play with joytstick, but then i need to tell the game to ignore the mouse completly, how can i do that?

You got any ideas? i would adore to read them.

Thank you very much!

#2 Foust

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 394 posts
  • LocationKentucky

Posted 07 March 2014 - 07:15 AM

I've been toying with similar ideas. Sadly I have yet to come up with a workable solution.

The closest I have gotten thus far is with a remote keyboard application for android. I was able to get touch commands to emulate keystrokes from the tablet to the MWO PC. Testing the tablet into notepad on the MWO PC, all the commands went through successfully. The issue was that MWO seems to lock out, for lack of a better term, the inputs sent from tablet. Some went through, others did not.

There is another application that I have experimented with called Helios that lets you design virtual panels, bind to keystrokes and do screen copies etc. I have successfully copied the mini map from the main display to a secondary display but I do not have a touch screen monitor to work on the focus shift issue that you are talking about. Based on your experience I don't know that I want to invest in a touch screen to end up disappointed.

Honestly my hopes are not high for anything regarding "simulation support" in MWO. We are bound pretty well to key or joystick bindings for most of our interactions. We don't even have a real free look for crying out loud....

#3 Slechtvalk

• PipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 57 posts

Posted 08 March 2014 - 07:02 AM

Greetings Foust,

i know Helios from DCS A10 Warthog,

it got the same Problem with Helios. It could work when mouse input could be completely disabled for MWO.

#4 Slechtvalk

• PipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 57 posts

Posted 08 March 2014 - 09:33 AM

Tried out Airkeyboard on Ipad, but looks like MWO is Blocking it, whenever i go traininggrounds, it works, when entering real match got disconnected. Gameguard?

#5 Slechtvalk

• PipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 57 posts

Posted 09 March 2014 - 04:50 PM

OK, i found out, that my gamecrashes where due to a corrupted user.cfg

So after using a fresh and clean user.cfg it worked with Airkeyboard.

Thats a step forward.

On the other side i plan to build a hardware controller instead of the touchscreen. Based on this:

http://www.leobodnar...products_id=205

and

http://www.ebay.de/i...=item3384eeef86

Edited by Slechtvalk, 09 March 2014 - 04:51 PM.

#6 Hammerhai

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 998 posts

Posted 12 April 2014 - 07:44 AM

Just be aware I have heard bad things about Leo's customer support and speed in getting things mailed to you, sorry to say. Seems he takes his time servicing orders. I know of 2 complaints at least, so it is not just one griper.

#7 Loc Nar

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,132 posts

Posted 13 April 2014 - 08:08 AM

Hammerhai speaks the truth. Leo boards are fine although expensive, but it's very hard/impossible just to even get a reply anymore and I know of more than 2 complaints in this regard.

There is a better option now. The NJoy32 board surpasses Leo's boards in usefulness IMO, due to awesome features like being able to flash settings onto it, making it a plug-n-play hardware component that doesn't need software, more buttons for expandability. Comes ready to deal with MaRS (magneto-resistive) sensors as well as regular pots/halls, 250ms refresh... ie this thing is badass.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users