Wolverine Builds

44 replies to this topic

#41 eFTy

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 296 posts

Posted 15 April 2014 - 02:53 PM

Meh, the latest patch made my 2x AC2 Wolverine 6R nigh useless. I had a match where I did 64 damage, despite shooting and shooting most of the enemy team and dying among the last. And it's not my accuracy, either. I hit around 50% of the time, and this one was on Caustic Valley, so there weren't really any long-range shots...

I played a few games with an AC10 replacign the 2 AC2's. IT does well on maps where short range firefights happen quickly, but on maps like Alpine Valley I feel like chum, and if the rest of the team cowers back I'm completely useless.

Anyone got any ideas on a good long-range build for the 6R? I'm considering doing the most detestable thing I can think of and buying a Gauss Rifle for it...

#42 Verrue

• PipPipPip
  • Wrath
  • Wrath
  • 80 posts

Posted 18 April 2014 - 04:25 AM

Try this setup with the 6R,

Have some punch and play well in assisting the assault push ahead:

http://mwo.smurfy-ne...bd92441936bbced

Once the arm blown off or no ammo , you got the streak and the medium laser to annoy people.

#43 Inflatable Fish

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Rage
  • Rage
  • 563 posts

Posted 18 April 2014 - 04:51 AM

View PostVerrue, on 18 April 2014 - 04:25 AM, said:

Try this setup with the 6R,

Have some punch and play well in assisting the assault push ahead:

http://mwo.smurfy-ne...bd92441936bbced

Once the arm blown off or no ammo , you got the streak and the medium laser to annoy people.

if you drop the AMS and half ton of armour, you can fit an XL 280 engine and go at 90 kph. much better.

#44 Lord Perversor

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 1,815 posts
  • LocationSomewhere in New Aragon

Posted 18 April 2014 - 05:33 AM

Been a while since i maxed it up my wolverines but little tought fella.

WVR-6R work quite well as a close up fire support.

WVR-6K shameless attemp of troll build at first... it performed quite admirable even surpassing the 1k dmg mark once.

WVR-7K Those missile pods positions... love them up above the shoulders, wonderful for minimal exposure and extra height gain, plus the high pointed tag on head.

#45 eFTy

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 296 posts

Posted 22 April 2014 - 09:26 AM

That 7K really needs Artemis for all those LRMs. You can drop some armour, the heat sink and a jump jet for it.

Meanwhile, I've been having fun with this build: WVR-7K - it's not as good as a dedicated LRM or Streak or laser boat, but it performs all three tasks decently well which ends up giving a nice performance over the course of the game.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users