ISN News Flash

5 replies to this topic

#1 InnerSphereNews

• Developer
  • Developer
  • 2,777 posts

Posted 16 November 2011 - 11:00 AM

Wed. Nov 16, 3048: The University of Koniz announced that retired AFFC Hauptmann Klaus Davis would join its History Department.

#2 Xhaleon

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Money Maker
  • The Money Maker
  • 542 posts

Posted 16 November 2011 - 11:50 AM

Up next, on the Lyran History Channel -

#3 Ghost

Com Guard

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 881 posts

Posted 16 November 2011 - 11:55 AM

The University of Koniz is one of the most respected universities out of the many that can be found on the planet of Koniz -- one of the key worlds in the Tamar March of the Lyran Commonwealth. Hauptmann Klaus Davis retired from his career with the AFFC in 3047 with the intent of taking up the much less stressful occupation of teaching history on his homeworld late the next year. There he expected to live out the remainder of his days in peace and quiet, but the Clan Invasion a scant few years later put an end to those plans. When Clan Jade Falcon attacked, he was pulled out of retirement by his cousin, Colonel Konrad Davis. Klaus found himself back in uniform and in command of a misfit collection of troops that his cousin could only loosely describe to him as a company. With his mercenary support quickly destroyed, Klaus used his intimate knowledge of the terrain and a few maneuvers he recalled from his own studies of history to wage a lengthy resistance campaign over the next three months before he was ultimately forced to withdraw with his forces. His cousin would be back shortly thereafter, promoted to Leftenant-General and in command of the Koniz Pandora Theater Militia. Konrad Davis would command the militia for decades, suffering dozens of Clan raids. Under his direction the Koniz PTM would use the planet's impressive economy to turn the planet into one of the most fortified worlds in the Tamar March and a nightmare for invaders. Four decades later the Jade Falcons would be back, and thanks to Davis, Koniz was ready for them: after fighting the clan invaders tooth and nail from a series of fortresses using outdated equipment and receiving no support from the Lyran Commonwealth whatsoever, the militia put up such an effective resistance Clan Jade Falcon would later abandon its offensive to ostensibly deal with more "pressing matters."

Edited by Ghost, 16 November 2011 - 11:57 AM.

#4 Threat Doc

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Bowman
  • The Bowman
  • 3,715 posts
  • LocationO'Shaughnnessy MMW Base, Devon Continent, Rochester, FedCom

Posted 16 November 2011 - 12:40 PM

Yep, still not enough Likes to go around. What I enjoy, and I just realized this, as much as I love Ghost's posts -I was a poet and didn't know it, hehe- is that the devs have this history set into a readable order in the first place. That, to me, says they care about the fluff and history of this game, and THAT is something I can get behind.

#5 Thoth

• PipPipPip
  • 59 posts
  • LocationOttawa, Canada

Posted 17 November 2011 - 06:15 AM

Fun post! Great posts, I love them.

#6 Harrow

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 190 posts

Posted 28 January 2012 - 01:35 PM

View PostGhost, on 16 November 2011 - 11:55 AM, said:

The University of Koniz is one of the most respected universities out of the many that can be found on the planet of Koniz -- one of the key worlds in the Tamar March of the Lyran Commonwealth. Hauptmann Klaus Davis retired from his career with the AFFC in 3047 with the intent of taking up the much less stressful occupation of teaching history on his homeworld late the next year. There he expected to live out the remainder of his days in peace and quiet, but the Clan Invasion a scant few years later put an end to those plans. When Clan Jade Falcon attacked, he was pulled out of retirement by his cousin, Colonel Konrad Davis. Klaus found himself back in uniform and in command of a misfit collection of troops that his cousin could only loosely describe to him as a company. With his mercenary support quickly destroyed, Klaus used his intimate knowledge of the terrain and a few maneuvers he recalled from his own studies of history to wage a lengthy resistance campaign over the next three months before he was ultimately forced to withdraw with his forces. His cousin would be back shortly thereafter, promoted to Leftenant-General and in command of the Koniz Pandora Theater Militia. Konrad Davis would command the militia for decades, suffering dozens of Clan raids. Under his direction the Koniz PTM would use the planet's impressive economy to turn the planet into one of the most fortified worlds in the Tamar March and a nightmare for invaders. Four decades later the Jade Falcons would be back, and thanks to Davis, Koniz was ready for them: after fighting the clan invaders tooth and nail from a series of fortresses using outdated equipment and receiving no support from the Lyran Commonwealth whatsoever, the militia put up such an effective resistance Clan Jade Falcon would later abandon its offensive to ostensibly deal with more "pressing matters."

Good back story...

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users