199 replies to this topic

#181 Selene Lunaris

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Boombox
  • The Boombox
  • 128 posts
  • LocationFrom Safety To Where?

Posted 14 May 2015 - 08:56 AM

I don't like thread necro but I gotta say I love your original mech mashups. I might go make some TROs for them in SSW/MML, see how well I can fit them into the tabletop rules and spirit.

#182 Iqfish

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,488 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • LocationGermany, CGN

Posted 18 May 2015 - 01:04 AM

View PostChrona, on 14 May 2015 - 08:56 AM, said:

I don't like thread necro but I gotta say I love your original mech mashups. I might go make some TROs for them in SSW/MML, see how well I can fit them into the tabletop rules and spirit.

That's super cool! Make sure you show them to me when you're done :)

#183 Araya Talon

Rookie

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 8 posts

Posted 18 May 2015 - 02:18 AM

Iqfish, looking at the beginning of this thread its pretty obvious PGi used your stuff for inspiration. Great work man.

#184 Iqfish

• 3,488 posts
  • LocationGermany, CGN

Posted 18 May 2015 - 04:26 AM

View PostAraya Talon, on 18 May 2015 - 02:18 AM, said:

Iqfish, looking at the beginning of this thread its pretty obvious PGi used your stuff for inspiration. Great work man.

Where do you think they did? :o

#185 GonaDie

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 1,125 posts
  • LocationThe biggest party you have ever seen

Posted 18 May 2015 - 08:19 AM

lol :D :lol:

#186 Selene Lunaris

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Boombox
  • The Boombox
  • 128 posts

Posted 20 May 2015 - 11:44 PM

Totally did the Centaur already. It gave me a very Drac vibe... I don't think SSW exports it with the file but it's supposed to have the ''unbalanced'' quirk, due to its length and the stubby arms.

Spoiler

The forums probably butchered the formatting so if you want, I can send you the full text file.

#187 Iqfish

• 3,488 posts
  • LocationGermany, CGN

Posted 20 May 2015 - 11:58 PM

View PostChrona, on 20 May 2015 - 11:44 PM, said:

Totally did the Centaur already. It gave me a very Drac vibe... I don't think SSW exports it with the file but it's supposed to have the ''unbalanced'' quirk, due to its length and the stubby arms.

Spoiler

The forums probably butchered the formatting so if you want, I can send you the full text file.

This is amazing!! I love this, great work!

You actually picked one of my least favourite mechs, I always thought like it looked a bit silly, ha! No wonder the Dracs are using it :ph34r:

Do you have any mechs you would like to see mixed or being done? This gives so much inspiration

#188 Selene Lunaris

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Boombox
  • The Boombox
  • 128 posts

Posted 21 May 2015 - 12:08 AM

View PostIqfish, on 20 May 2015 - 11:58 PM, said:

This is amazing!! I love this, great work!

You actually picked one of my least favourite mechs, I always thought like it looked a bit silly, ha! No wonder the Dracs are using it :ph34r:

Do you have any mechs you would like to see mixed or being done? This gives so much inspiration

All I can say is just mix away! Your designs are the inspiration I use for my TROs, and I really love doing them. In fact I'm working on the Breaker as we speak. Those LRMs give me a kinda Marik-esque vibe...

#189 Iqfish

• 3,488 posts
  • LocationGermany, CGN

Posted 21 May 2015 - 12:14 AM

View PostChrona, on 21 May 2015 - 12:08 AM, said:

All I can say is just mix away! Your designs are the inspiration I use for my TROs, and I really love doing them. In fact I'm working on the Breaker as we speak. Those LRMs give me a kinda Marik-esque vibe...

The Breaker is pretty cool, I always imagined the mech to be abled to punch holes inside of a hangar or something like that and unleash a storm of lasers and rockets inside. Something like a Bunker-Buster :D

#190 Selene Lunaris

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Boombox
  • The Boombox
  • 128 posts

Posted 21 May 2015 - 12:33 AM

>.>

Spoiler

I quickly made that R3 variant after I read your last post, Iqfish. It checks out tonnage-wise too - I just figured it'd be overkill to export an entire separate txt file. I did construct it in a separate file.

Edit: I also noticed I got the left and right sides mixed up AGAIN. MML reverses it compared to SSW, and I'm more familiar with MML's layout because I use it for campaigns. I'll flip them in a bit. :P

Edited by Chrona, 21 May 2015 - 12:39 AM.

#191 Iqfish

• 3,488 posts
  • LocationGermany, CGN

Posted 21 May 2015 - 12:39 AM

View PostChrona, on 21 May 2015 - 12:33 AM, said:

>.>

Spoiler

I quickly made that R3 variant after I read your last post, Iqfish. It checks out tonnage-wise too - I just figured it'd be overkill to export an entire separate txt file. I did construct it in a separate file.

This is exactly what I had in mind. This is going better than expected, ha! I will do one or two new ones today, just need to get some ideas. I want to stop with the random mixing and really give these guys a character.

Thanks for the work, I wish we could start some kind of galery

#192 Selene Lunaris

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Boombox
  • The Boombox
  • 128 posts

Posted 21 May 2015 - 12:40 AM

View PostIqfish, on 21 May 2015 - 12:39 AM, said:

This is exactly what I had in mind. This is going better than expected, ha! I will do one or two new ones today, just need to get some ideas. I want to stop with the random mixing and really give these guys a character.

Thanks for the work, I wish we could start some kind of galery

It's really no issue! I thoroughly enjoy making these. Feel free to quote these below the pictures in the main post if you'd like. I don't mind.

Just... Do it after I flip their equipment to be on the proper sides, yeah?

#193 Selene Lunaris

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Boombox
  • The Boombox
  • 128 posts

Posted 21 May 2015 - 01:20 AM

Apologies for the double post, but I fixed the Breaker and Centaur. I even added a low-tech Centaur variant to make up for my stupidity.

Centaur
Spoiler

Breaker
Spoiler

#194 Iqfish

• 3,488 posts
  • LocationGermany, CGN

Posted 21 May 2015 - 03:23 AM

I present to you: The Doorknocker

Posted Image

This mech is a walking tank. We all know mechs are armored, but this thing has an extra layer on everything. It's entire purpose is to clear out heavy positions, preferably occupied by infantry.

The Doorknocker is not fast and not agile, and his left arm is completely made for ripping concrete and steel apart. The attached blade-like plate of special reinforced Endo-Steel can be used as a melee for both mechs and buildings.
The right arm is armed with an Ultra-Autocannon and an AC/2, to get rid of swarming infantry or light armor. The Autocannon is typically loaded with HE-Fragmentation shells, which is ineffective against armor, but very effective against soft targets. The AC/2 is loaded with normal anti-armor shells.

The Torso has 2 lasers and 2 SRM/6 mounted, to exterminate anything that survived the burst of the two Autocannons.

The Cockpit was reinforced, as a result the view is very limited for the pilot. This is why the mech is outfitted with a wide range of sensors and observation devices, located around the "head" and the center torso. The Communication System was also improved, which has lead to three characteristic antennas sticking out. Upon ejection, an enclosed capsule shoots out of the head, which grants the pilot a secure rescue afterwards.

The armor system is completely enclosed and ABC proof, to enable an operation of the mech even in the most active battlefields. This leads to enormous heat inside the closed armor, which is being emitted by the two big ventilation holes in the side torsi.

The machine is extremely vulnerable to airstrikes and should not operate one second without active sniper and LRM cover, since the mech is outfitted for close range engagements almost exclusively.
It has however proven to be very useful in numerous battles over heavily defended spaceports or cities.

Posted Image

Edited by Iqfish, 21 May 2015 - 03:29 AM.

#195 Selene Lunaris

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Boombox
  • The Boombox
  • 128 posts

Posted 21 May 2015 - 06:44 AM

View PostIqfish, on 21 May 2015 - 03:23 AM, said:

I present to you: The Doorknocker

Posted Image

This mech is a walking tank. We all know mechs are armored, but this thing has an extra layer on everything. It's entire purpose is to clear out heavy positions, preferably occupied by infantry.

The Doorknocker is not fast and not agile, and his left arm is completely made for ripping concrete and steel apart. The attached blade-like plate of special reinforced Endo-Steel can be used as a melee for both mechs and buildings.
The right arm is armed with an Ultra-Autocannon and an AC/2, to get rid of swarming infantry or light armor. The Autocannon is typically loaded with HE-Fragmentation shells, which is ineffective against armor, but very effective against soft targets. The AC/2 is loaded with normal anti-armor shells.

The Torso has 2 lasers and 2 SRM/6 mounted, to exterminate anything that survived the burst of the two Autocannons.

The Cockpit was reinforced, as a result the view is very limited for the pilot. This is why the mech is outfitted with a wide range of sensors and observation devices, located around the "head" and the center torso. The Communication System was also improved, which has lead to three characteristic antennas sticking out. Upon ejection, an enclosed capsule shoots out of the head, which grants the pilot a secure rescue afterwards.

The armor system is completely enclosed and ABC proof, to enable an operation of the mech even in the most active battlefields. This leads to enormous heat inside the closed armor, which is being emitted by the two big ventilation holes in the side torsi.

The machine is extremely vulnerable to airstrikes and should not operate one second without active sniper and LRM cover, since the mech is outfitted for close range engagements almost exclusively.
It has however proven to be very useful in numerous battles over heavily defended spaceports or cities.

Posted Image

It looks Lyran! Yes, I can work with this... Been a while since I messed with experimental tech.

#196 Selene Lunaris

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Boombox
  • The Boombox
  • 128 posts

Posted 21 May 2015 - 10:03 AM

Alright, the format for the Doorknocker is gonna be a bit different! SSW didn't support some of the experimental tech stuff I needed to make it true to the description, so I'll paste my little fluff below.

Spoiler

The cooling system deficiency is actually reflected by the ''Flawed Cooling System'' quirk which would normally inflict a +5 heat penalty on the 'Mech when it takes more than 20 damage in one turn.

Edited by Chrona, 21 May 2015 - 10:12 AM.

#197 P e a k T o p

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 1,581 posts
  • LocationKazan city, Russia

Posted 22 May 2015 - 03:38 AM

GRF-33M
Posted Image

#198 oktocat

• PipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 24 posts
  • LocationIn a Mist Lynx?

Posted 09 July 2015 - 11:54 AM

Do you think it is possible to do the Poseidon and or Omega? Thanks!

Edited by oktocat, 09 July 2015 - 11:56 AM.

#199 Meta 2013

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 131 posts
  • LocationNorth Eastern US

Posted 09 July 2015 - 12:29 PM

couple of these are simply fantastic, most are good to very good, one looks like its pregnant, but when only one out of all of them doesn't look all that great... WELL DONE.

Just one thing missing, the targeting crosshairs/and multiple "red dot" tags painted on the head of Paul's Longbow.

Edited by Meta 2013, 09 July 2015 - 12:30 PM.

#200 Zephonarch II

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 328 posts
  • LocationBack in the MWO and... its fun, but Nascar steamrolls still lame.

Posted 09 July 2015 - 12:55 PM

Can you do a Firefly? I'm just saying cause I'd like to see what a Stalker CT mounted on tiny spindly little Light-mech legs would look like. lol

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users