Won't Be Playing Solo Any Longer.

49 replies to this topic

#1 Jacmac

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 828 posts

Posted 30 December 2012 - 04:31 PM

Solo matchmaking is a disaster for new players and there seem to be a lot of players trying MWO out over the holidays. My guess is they won't be around for long, but until there is a solo-only matchmaking mode, this game is now a side game for me as I will only play on a team going forward.

Being teamed up with a bunch of new solo players, while solo, is so badly unbalanced at this point that the game is not fun in either Conquest or Assault mode. If you happen to get dropped on the side with a 4-man team, then you steamroll the other team; if not, you're the last man standing because all of the newbies have been slaughtered.

This is not some new problem, players have been complaining about the matchmaking for months. I hope PGI makes it a priority, because the people I have asked to try out the game have all bailed out on me - only one even lasted long enough to try teamspeak.

PGI needs to match solo vs solo and teams vs teams, no matter the team sizes. If solo players want to volunteer to fill in team vs team modes, great! Forcing solo players to play against teams is just unfair and a silly way to have designed the matchmaking in the first place.

#2 ElmoWithAGun

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 164 posts
  • Location123 Sesame Street

Posted 30 December 2012 - 04:34 PM

View PostJacmac, on 30 December 2012 - 04:31 PM, said:

This is not some new problem, players have been complaining about the matchmaking for months.

So you decided to make yet ANOTHER thread complaining about it?

#3 JSparrowist

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 589 posts
  • LocationBoomer Sooner

Posted 30 December 2012 - 04:35 PM

View PostElmoWithAGun, on 30 December 2012 - 04:34 PM, said:

So you decided to make yet ANOTHER thread complaining about it?

Yet you're complaining about a complainer.. Sit down and **** please.. hypocrite.. sheesh

#4 ElmoWithAGun

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 164 posts

Posted 30 December 2012 - 04:38 PM

View PostJSparrowist, on 30 December 2012 - 04:35 PM, said:

Yet you're complaining about a complainer.. Sit down and **** please.. hypocrite.. sheesh

You seem upset.

#5 JSparrowist

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 589 posts
  • LocationBoomer Sooner

Posted 30 December 2012 - 04:39 PM

View PostElmoWithAGun, on 30 December 2012 - 04:38 PM, said:

You seem upset.

Only because of your obvious hypocrisy. ;)

#6 One Medic Army

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,985 posts
  • LocationBay Area, California

Posted 30 December 2012 - 04:45 PM

Oh look, Matchmaker Phase 3.
It's being worked on.
No amount of threads will make it come any sooner.

#7 Valkyrie Brynhildr

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 343 posts
  • LocationHall of the Valkyries

Posted 30 December 2012 - 04:46 PM

Do you know what I do when matches end up like that? The majority of my team going COD and wandering off while I hang out as wingman for whoever I pick?

'Die with Honor! DIE WITH GLORY!' and try to take one down with me. If I'm going to die, I might as well tear up the enemies as much as possible

#8 ElmoWithAGun

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 164 posts

Posted 30 December 2012 - 04:51 PM

View PostJacmac, on 30 December 2012 - 04:40 PM, said:

Elmo go back to Sesame Street and play with the 3 year-olds where you belong. I didn't start this thread for you to create a flame war out of it.

That...was really bad lol.

View PostJSparrowist, on 30 December 2012 - 04:39 PM, said:

Only because of your obvious hypocrisy. ;)

You know how people complain, then people complain about them complaining, and people complain about those people complaining?

Yeah, those people suck. :D

Disclaimer: I'm messing around if you haven't caught on already.

#9 Jacmac

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 828 posts

Posted 30 December 2012 - 04:52 PM

View PostOne Medic Army, on 30 December 2012 - 04:45 PM, said:

Oh look, Matchmaker Phase 3.
It's being worked on.
No amount of threads will make it come any sooner.

It can't come soon enough, and I haven't seen any details that lead me to believe the Matchmaker Phase 3 will be solving the solo vs solo problem. If anything I'm expecting weight limits and such with 8v8. I realize matchmaking is being worked on, it's the solo vs solo aspect that seems to have been ignored that concerns me.

#10 Gatheron

• PipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 31 posts
  • LocationOver the Top

Posted 30 December 2012 - 04:53 PM

Good to know that issue,since now i can stop downloading the client because i wont play such unbalanced bull****
Seems to me that this game wont last long.
Hopefully someone will do a real Mech Warrior in the near future...with good storybased singleplayer and balanced multiplayer.
Waiting for this game for so long and then reading something like this...sry,but next time do a fullprice game and stop doin free2play games.
Im outa here

#11 One Medic Army

• 5,985 posts
  • LocationBay Area, California

Posted 30 December 2012 - 04:56 PM

View PostJacmac, on 30 December 2012 - 04:52 PM, said:

It can't come soon enough, and I haven't seen any details that lead me to believe the Matchmaker Phase 3 will be solving the solo vs solo problem. If anything I'm expecting weight limits and such with 8v8. I realize matchmaking is being worked on, it's the solo vs solo aspect that seems to have been ignored that concerns me.

Matchmaker phase 3 is planned to include:
ELO based matchmaking
Modifiers to ELO score for being in a group
possibly modifiers to ELO score based on mech

#12 Taizan

Com Guard

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,692 posts
  • LocationGalatea (NRW)

Posted 30 December 2012 - 04:56 PM

Its being worked on, next and (final?) phase of match making adaption will arrive soon-ish. New players find the game enjoyable no matter what, match making will not change much - either you get adrenalin going when walking around in a mech or you don't. On top of that sometimes people spectating noobie players give them helpful tips which they otherwise might miss out on when only matched against other noobies.

#13 JSparrowist

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 589 posts
  • LocationBoomer Sooner

Posted 30 December 2012 - 04:57 PM

View PostElmoWithAGun, on 30 December 2012 - 04:51 PM, said:

That...was really bad lol.

You know how people complain, then people complain about them complaining, and people complain about those people complaining?

Yeah, those people suck. :D

Disclaimer: I'm messing around if you haven't caught on already.

Apparently I'm a hypocrite too! But still, **** please. ;)

#14 Davers

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 9,886 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationCanada

Posted 30 December 2012 - 05:00 PM

View PostJacmac, on 30 December 2012 - 04:52 PM, said:

Matchmaking phase 3 will address the 'solo vs solo' (I am assuming you mean regular pug drops by this) and probably the 8vs8 as well. Let's see how it works out before we ragequit.

View PostGatheron, on 30 December 2012 - 04:53 PM, said:

Good to know that issue,since now i can stop downloading the client because i wont play such unbalanced bull****
Hopefully someone will do a real Mech Warrior in the near future...with good storybased singleplayer and balanced multiplayer.
Waiting for this game for so long and then reading something like this...sry,but next time do a fullprice game and stop doin free2play games.
Im outa here

From what I've heard there has never been balanced multiplayer at anytime in the history of Mechwarrior. Or Battletech for that matter. Unless If by balanced you mean everyone played the same few optimal mechs/builds.

#15 Kousagi

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 676 posts

Posted 30 December 2012 - 05:00 PM

I love this OP.... He does not even bother reading anything the dev's have said about up coming stuff... I mean, we've known about the ELO system coming since closed beta. Then he starts insulting others for no reason what so ever, all cause he too lazy to read....

The Internet, Proving daily why the human race needs Darwin back.

#16 Bishop Steiner

ForumWarrior

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 47,187 posts
  • Locationclimbing Mt Tryhard, one smoldering Meta-Mech corpse at a time

Posted 30 December 2012 - 05:02 PM

View PostGatheron, on 30 December 2012 - 04:53 PM, said:

Im outa here

More fool you to give up on something based on others opinions, yet having never tried yourself. I PUG, 75% or more of the time, and while I do get rolled on occasion I also have many fun matches.

#17 Mack1

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 596 posts

Posted 30 December 2012 - 05:04 PM

View PostJacmac, on 30 December 2012 - 04:31 PM, said:

Solo matchmaking is a disaster for new players and there seem to be a lot of players trying MWO out over the holidays. My guess is they won't be around for long, but until there is a solo-only matchmaking mode, this game is now a side game for me as I will only play on a team going forward.

Being teamed up with a bunch of new solo players, while solo, is so badly unbalanced at this point that the game is not fun in either Conquest or Assault mode. If you happen to get dropped on the side with a 4-man team, then you steamroll the other team; if not, you're the last man standing because all of the newbies have been slaughtered.

This is not some new problem, players have been complaining about the matchmaking for months. I hope PGI makes it a priority, because the people I have asked to try out the game have all bailed out on me - only one even lasted long enough to try teamspeak.

PGI needs to match solo vs solo and teams vs teams, no matter the team sizes. If solo players want to volunteer to fill in team vs team modes, great! Forcing solo players to play against teams is just unfair and a silly way to have designed the matchmaking in the first place.

Been saying this for ages, I shudder to think how many people these ***** clans have driven away from this great game. I wish they had the balls to fight eachother in the 8 v 8 game mode that was made for them, instead they steamroll newbies for theis stupid W/L ratio so they can ********** over it.

#18 Jacmac

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 828 posts

Posted 30 December 2012 - 05:07 PM

View PostBishop Steiner, on 30 December 2012 - 05:02 PM, said:

I PUG, 75% or more of the time, and while I do get rolled on occasion I also have many fun matches.

I've been playing solo almost constantly for the past several days. Getting steamrolled isn't occasional for one side. Like I said, if you happen to drop on the side that has a team, you do the steamrolling, otherwise the other side does the steamrolling. The rare match is where neither side steamrolls the other. Those are the fun matches, but they are far too rare. Far, far, too rare.

#19 Ashnod

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,636 posts
  • LocationAustin, TX

Posted 30 December 2012 - 05:09 PM

Soloing is the easiest way to get kills IMO..

#20 Gatheron

• PipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 31 posts
  • LocationOver the Top

Posted 30 December 2012 - 05:10 PM

After readin Bishop Steiner's post, i thought "maybe hes right,i should give it a try" after readin Mack1's post i think "ok,no chance lettin this on my hd"
Im playin games to have fun,not to get frustrated
maybe i show up in a few months looking if it has changed...maybe the game still exists

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users