#41 Derpington Von Trollington

• PipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • 64 posts
  • LocationMilan, Italy

Posted 27 March 2014 - 06:03 AM

View Postmogs01gt, on 27 March 2014 - 05:33 AM, said:

and here we go...

All Hunchies, except for the Champion, come STOCK with a 200std engine. The Trebs come STOCK with a 250........How is the Hunchie as fast as Treb with a smaller engine STOCK!!!!

The 4sp is the one of the worst mechs for a new player. Its slow, it wants to brawl with SRMs which have hit detection issues. The only thing a 4sp can do right now is rain down fire with LRM 10s and the Treb is 100x better at doing it.

1)i never said that the STOCK hunchback is faster than the stock treb
2) the op asked fo a easy to use medium, he didn't ask for a good STOCK medium
3) the op already have hunchbacks, meaning that he will have efficiencies already unlocked
3) the lrm hunchback i posted have exactly the same number of missile tubes, lrms and engine of your trebuchet. HOW it is worse?
4) i never said your trebuchet was bad, i only offered a different option
Why are you so hostile?

Edited by Derpington Von Trollington, 27 March 2014 - 06:14 AM.

#42 CSHubert

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Fury
  • Fury
  • 408 posts
  • LocationDenmark -Northern Europe

Posted 27 March 2014 - 06:11 AM

Cent AL with DHSs. Cent is a notorious hardnose that can take a punch and keep comming. The Quickdraw some has mentioned is hard to balance heatwise.

#43 AdamBaines

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 1,384 posts

Posted 27 March 2014 - 06:12 AM

Hunchback 4S or 4SP. Balanced medium mechs and fun to play.

#44 Suicidal Baby

• PipPip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 30 posts

Posted 27 March 2014 - 06:39 AM

Shadowhawk.

#45 Magna Canus

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 715 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 27 March 2014 - 06:41 AM

Hats off to your courage for letting her take a dip in this vat of chaos. I have to start watching my language in chat now...

#46 mogs01gt

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • 4,292 posts
  • LocationOhio

Posted 27 March 2014 - 07:00 AM

View PostDerpington Von Trollington, on 27 March 2014 - 06:03 AM, said:

1)i never said that the STOCK hunchback is faster than the stock treb
2) the op asked fo a easy to use medium, he didn't ask for a good STOCK medium
3) the op already have hunchbacks, meaning that he will have efficiencies already unlocked
3) the lrm hunchback i posted have exactly the same number of missile tubes, lrms and engine of your trebuchet. HOW it is worse?
4) i never said your trebuchet was bad, i only offered a different option
Why are you so hostile?

My post was regarding a new player getting a their first mech. Im ignoring the fact that he has other mechs since he was referencing his daughter. Its more cost effective to get a Treb over any Hunchie do to the speed and the stock LRMs which will allow a new person to get CBills from Assists. For a new player to get a Hunchie to the same speed as a Treb, they need to spend 1.5mil to get the 250std. Or they could spend an extra 500k and get the Treb over the 4sp....

Also, most HBK variants run hot stock and arent very friendly at getting assist.

#47 Krostif

• PipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 39 posts
  • LocationBelgium

Posted 27 March 2014 - 09:25 AM

hunchbacks are great for beginners usually but in this case id say the bj3 std engine 6ml build is pretty much what you looking for
agile, lasers, standard engine, easy on heat, and JJ to pop over covers or get out off somewhere in a hurry

#48 CheeseThief

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 580 posts
  • LocationBeyond the Black Stump

Posted 28 March 2014 - 02:47 AM

The HBK-4SP is a durable little mech with good speed and easy to use payload. The lasers track the circle, the missiles track the cross, no 'hunch' or overall weak points and can power along at 90-100kmph without needing to sacrifice anything or use an XL engine.

However I would suggest if your going to get a little kid their own mech, get them a Jenner. It has lasers and missiles and goes fast and flies, what more could a kid want?.

#49 mogs01gt

• Shredder
  • 4,292 posts
  • LocationOhio

Posted 28 March 2014 - 05:44 AM

View PostCheeseThief, on 28 March 2014 - 02:47 AM, said:

The HBK-4SP is a durable little mech with good speed and easy to use payload. The lasers track the circle, the missiles track the cross, no 'hunch' or overall weak points and can power along at 90-100kmph without needing to sacrifice anything or use an XL engine.

That is inaccurate information. You arent getting a Hunchie to 90-100kmph without a 275 engine which is the biggest engine they can mount. That is 10 tons of DHS and firepower you are having to sacrifice.
Slapping the 275 into a hunchie forces you to use SRM6s or LRM5's. SRM6s is a brawler and brawling in a medium is for experience pilots and LRM5's are weak compared to other Med Mechs that can mount LRMs. If you want to drop it down to the 80-90kmph then you have a bit of room to play with since that is a 250-255 engine.

#50 Edustaja

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 730 posts
  • LocationFinland

Posted 28 March 2014 - 06:27 AM

Just get a second account that you control.
The fact that it's separate does not have to mean she has control over it.

#51 Salinor

• PipPipPip
  • 74 posts

Posted 28 March 2014 - 07:05 AM

As a huge medium fan and having elited trebs, cicadas, and working on shadowhawks I say that the best choice for a new player who likes mediums and lasers is the cicada 3M, only mech I can get above 300 with regularity. It has ecm, dhs to start with which saves cash, and it moves fast. Mine is a little light on armour but if you use a smaller engine you can fit in a decent amount. Also the engine is useful on a lot of other mechs. My highest score is 840 damage. I run two larges, two mediums, ecm, endo, ferro, dhs, xl 320, and I think 179 armour (none on the arms).

#52 mogs01gt

• Shredder
  • 4,292 posts
  • LocationOhio

Posted 28 March 2014 - 07:45 AM

View PostSalinor, on 28 March 2014 - 07:05 AM, said:

As a huge medium fan and having elited trebs, cicadas, and working on shadowhawks I say that the best choice for a new player who likes mediums and lasers is the cicada 3M, only mech I can get above 300 with regularity. It has ecm, dhs to start with which saves cash, and it moves fast. Mine is a little light on armour but if you use a smaller engine you can fit in a decent amount. Also the engine is useful on a lot of other mechs. My highest score is 840 damage. I run two larges, two mediums, ecm, endo, ferro, dhs, xl 320, and I think 179 armour (none on the arms).

A bit expensive but the 3m is a good mech.

#53 JimEvolved

• PipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 62 posts

Posted 28 March 2014 - 11:47 AM

View PostEdustaja, on 28 March 2014 - 06:27 AM, said:

Just get a second account that you control.
The fact that it's separate does not have to mean she has control over it.

Thank you, I hadn't really considered this type of interim step. Does anyone know offhand whether multiple account ownership is good with the EULA/TOS?

I have greatly enjoyed reading all of the responses. Right now, because I had it in my mech bay already, we have been working with a tweaked CN9-A(C). But she definitely has had her eye on some other mechs and is watching our coin count. I disappointed her the other day by investing in the 360 degree target retention module, but in exchange we went in and swapped out the stock A(C) parts for new, shiny stuff that goes pew pew and other things. We'll definitely be going through this thread from the beginning next week.

Edited by JimEvolved, 28 March 2014 - 11:48 AM.

#54 Alaskan Nobody

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Determined
  • The Determined
  • 10,358 posts
  • LocationAlaska!

Posted 28 March 2014 - 02:26 PM

View PostJimEvolved, on 28 March 2014 - 11:47 AM, said:

Thank you, I hadn't really considered this type of interim step. Does anyone know offhand whether multiple account ownership is good with the EULA/TOS?

I believe (IE: don't quote me on it) that so long as you are not using them to spam or troll they are fine - I have one that I used to test some XP mechanics I couldn't test on this account.

After a brief look around I found this topic but that was it.

#55 luxebo

• The 1 Percent
  • 2,342 posts

Posted 28 March 2014 - 03:23 PM

A lot of people say Shadow Hawk, but because of the limited torso twist and hard to control viewpoint of cockpit and such, it's preferable to stick to something else.

Multiple accounts for one person is not considered illegal/banned as long as your not doing things like supporting yourself on the forums here or something similar. :)

#56 xxREVxx

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Vicious
  • The Vicious
  • 428 posts

Posted 28 March 2014 - 03:39 PM

I applaud thee, my son

Seriously though, it is very cool your young one is showing an interest in one of Dad's game and some bonding as well I would wager :)
Reminds me of the MW4 days when my youngest was like three and wanted to play. I would color his mech something wildly brilliant so everyone knew which mech he was in and would not fire at him :). Ahhhh, private servers....those were the days.

#57 Acierocolotl

• PipPipPip
  • Talon
  • Talon
  • 64 posts

Posted 28 March 2014 - 04:09 PM

I have one medium that I like, it's the free Centurion they gave us awhile back. It's got the stock STD 245 engine in it so it's good for 90 km/hr without speed tweak and comes equipped with three streaks launchers (two tonnes ammo), two medium pulse lasers, one MG with a tonne of ammo and AMS with a tonne of ammo. It's also got BAP and Artemis and as much armour as I could stick on. It locks onto targets fast if they don't have ECM and tolerably fast if they do

All you have to do is keep the red circle somewhere near the bad guy. Downgrade the medium pulse lasers for medium lasers, add on two more heat sinks and you could just keep all the fire buttons pinned down all day long if you want. It's meant as a bodyguard mech to ward off lights but it can do damage to anything in close range in a pinch. Just stay within 270 meters of your target and you're golden, though you will need to pay attention that your streaks don't slap a friend in the back by accident.

#58 Alaskan Nobody

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Determined
  • The Determined
  • 10,358 posts
  • LocationAlaska!

Posted 28 March 2014 - 05:49 PM

View Postluxebo, on 28 March 2014 - 03:23 PM, said:

Multiple accounts for one person is not considered illegal/banned as long as your not doing things like supporting yourself on the forums here or something similar. :)

What about arguing with yourself :)

#59 OuttaAmmo NoWai

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 229 posts
  • LocationNot at a macbook

Posted 28 March 2014 - 06:22 PM

Try the old meta cent with triple artemis SRMs.
Cents are still stupid durable atm.

#60 luxebo

• The 1 Percent
  • 2,342 posts

Posted 28 March 2014 - 06:39 PM

View PostShar Wolf, on 28 March 2014 - 05:49 PM, said:

What about arguing with yourself :P

In an off-topic thread maybe. ;)

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users