- - - - -

Another Ammo Explosion Question

5 replies to this topic

#1 3CLIPZ3

• PipPipPip
  • Death Star
  • 64 posts

Posted 25 March 2014 - 10:55 PM

I can't find anywhere about if ammo explosions affect only the front or rear armor as well. It would explain why I would die to a Gauss Rifle explosion when my rear left torso has 18 armor because of a 20 point damage to it. If I changed my rear armor to over 21 would this fix anything?

I find some games I just die way too quick to ammo exposions with little or no damage to begin with. Please help.

Edited by 3CLIPZ3, 25 March 2014 - 10:56 PM.

#2 ThatBum42

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • 220 posts

Posted 25 March 2014 - 11:06 PM

I believe ammo explosions damage internals directly and bypass armor. Internals HP is max armor divided by two, I think. For the torso parts, it's front and rear max armor divided by two.

However, you can only have an ammo explosion if the component is already stripped (from the side it's being shot at if a torso part), and even then they're fairly rare if you're not using a crit-seeking weapon (MGs, LBX). It might simply be that you're getting cored too early, put more ammo in the front or change tactics if this is the case.

Edited by ThatBum42, 25 March 2014 - 11:10 PM.

#3 Koniving

Welcoming Committee

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Guide
  • The Guide
  • 23,384 posts

Posted 25 March 2014 - 11:20 PM

Explosions can occur under the following conditions
  • Crit-health is 0.
  • Weapons fire (ties into crit-health is 0)
  • Limb the ammunition is in is destroyed. Falls under crit-health is 0.
  • Heat 80% or higher (closed beta). Ties into crit-health is 0.
  • Secondary explosion -- ammo is destroyed by other ammo that is destroyed. Falls under crit-health is 0.
They damage internals only. Here is a visual chain reaction.
When the arm is hit, the ammunition chain reacts. There's at least 6 tons of ammo in that arm. There is no ammo in the side torso.
Actually watching it that's the weirdest thing. I was hit side torso, then arm without exposure of the armor (unless the armor 'shredded' but never showed on my end because it was so fast). But then chain reaction arm explodes, side torso explodes.

#4 Wintersdark

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,375 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationCalgary, AB

Posted 25 March 2014 - 11:24 PM

Gauss Rifles explode 95% of the time, and do 20 damage directly to your internal structure.

The chance of normal ammo bins exploding is 10%, regardless of the weapon that destroys them.

For the torso parts, remember that there isn't so much a max front + max rear, there's just a maximum number of points to be spread between the two as you choose. So, if that was 100, you could have 70/30, 90/10, or whatever else you want. I say this because a common mistake is to not realise that the armor is shared between the front and back.

#5 Modo44

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 3,559 posts

Posted 25 March 2014 - 11:26 PM

You can C.A.S.E. a Gauss Rifle, since it is treated as ammo for assplosion purposes. That way you can sometimes keep the arm attached to a critted Gauss side torso.

#6 Wintersdark

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,375 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationCalgary, AB

Posted 26 March 2014 - 12:56 AM

It won't save the arm. CASE will only keep the explosion from spreading inwards to the CT. It won't protect the side torso at all, and if you lose the side torso, you lose the arm.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users