- - - - -

Sound Files

6 replies to this topic

#1 SnowdogJJJ

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 243 posts
  • LocationNorth East PA

Posted 27 March 2014 - 10:22 AM

I was wondering if we have access (or a pointer to) any of the sound files in the game.. like "All systems nominal" and like? I would enjoy having my computer start up sound to be that :rolleyes:

#2 Redshift2k5

Welcoming Committee

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Stone Cold
  • Stone Cold
  • 11,975 posts
  • LocationNewfoundland

Posted 27 March 2014 - 10:27 AM

I tried once before to extract the sounds, didn't have any luck. I could find them but couldn't export them in any usable way.

#3 Modo44

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 3,559 posts

Posted 27 March 2014 - 10:36 AM

It is all encrypted. People may have saved files from back in closed beta, but I bet sharing those is somewhere between highly frowned upon and illegal. It would be nice if PGI sold or even posted a few as fan service.

#4 Koniving

Welcoming Committee

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Guide
  • The Guide
  • 23,384 posts

Posted 27 March 2014 - 10:51 AM

Before you ask, the game flags attempts to change weapon and computer voice sounds unless they match an encryption type and file size. I'm more partial to MW3's betty or even replacing it with the Chinese native-speaker recorded Liao computer voice I had someone do for me.

As of right now, replacing them cannot be done and with fairly good reason as the potential advantages that could be given. (It'd be funny to get a 'pew' for lasers). I'd really like to replace the game textures with high resolution versions too because I liked it much better with the significantly higher resolution and quality textures from much earlier in the game's development. Same issue.

As for access, there's a special codec you'd need. I've yet to find it or a de-encryption. The technical forum would be better to ask this question.

But since people have mentioned the old voice...

Two classics with the old voice. These are edited overtop of the game.

Uses: MWO original unreleased betty. MWO original unreleased Commander voice.

Uses: MWO original unreleased betty (targeting computer) and MW3 computer voice (core computer).

Hunchback near-end closed beta. MW3 voice. <--days of single heatsinks, standard engines, no mech upgrades, no pilot or mech skill tree.

MWO: abandoned project; single player mockup. <--days of single heatsinks, standard engines, no mech upgrades, no pilot or mech skill tree.

And yes, the current files are encrypted. It's easier to get the 3D models, textures than it is to get the current sounds. (Btw there's been an engineer floating in there since closed beta; wonder when that'll actually get animated and have a presence in the mechlab). Unfortunately.

I'm personally trying to find a way to get my hands on level assets like the roads, buildings and trees to help populate my MWO cinematic animation project. Not having luck, though.

Edited by Koniving, 27 March 2014 - 10:55 AM.

#5 Koniving

Welcoming Committee

• The Guide
  • The Guide
  • 23,384 posts

Posted 27 March 2014 - 11:18 AM

*Reads the likes.*

"Shar Wolf and Himself like this." o.O; That...sounds odd. :rolleyes:

Found one more. MW3 computer voice and MW2 LRM warning sound overlayed on video; Heroic Griffin (in non-stop fighting; wasn't terribly successful at saving anyone) survives light and LRM onslaught.

Edited by Koniving, 27 March 2014 - 11:20 AM.

#6 Metafox

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Civil Servant
  • Civil Servant
  • 360 posts

Posted 28 March 2014 - 09:16 AM

Is the game music equally unchangeable? If it's possible, I'd like to replace some of the music.

#7 Koniving

Welcoming Committee

• The Guide
  • The Guide
  • 23,384 posts

Posted 28 March 2014 - 10:12 AM

It's a tad easier to mute the music with the volume control and just play with your own music. I do it pretty often.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users