• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 1,884 posts

Posted 11 February 2018 - 09:12 AM

View PostBarkem Squirrel, on 09 February 2018 - 09:51 AM, said:

and a 60 standard engine, augh
know the felling.

it is somewhat pull-offable with a 100 engine. ac20 2.5 tons of ammo w/ skills is pretty much 3 tons and a SL as ":backup". need to use single heat sinks though to make the ac20 fit. and shave armor. but at least the annihilator isn't running past you.

#4002 Sigmar Sich

• Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 1,059 posts
  • LocationUkraine, Kyiv

Posted 11 February 2018 - 10:20 AM

View PostTanar, on 11 February 2018 - 09:12 AM, said:

but at least the annihilator isn't running past you.

Unless they do...
Posted Image

#4003 loopala

• Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 1,242 posts
  • LocationDa UP of Mich

Posted 12 February 2018 - 09:02 PM

i may have stumbled onto the one of the best ac20 urbie builds ever LOL

a lite 100 and an xl100 wiegh the same and with lite ferro i have enough slots. 2 tons of ammo with skill tweak for 16 rounds. i know i know but i used the other 1/2 ton for a JJ. makes a huge difference. 58 kph with full speed tweak skills. have to be patient, hang with the fatties and make every shot count.

http://mwo.smurfy-net.de/mechlab#i=276&l=54dd1a980753a138bd62dd33546263d611c0ccce

i bought a new R60, because i have that kind of cash laying around since the big pay out...

having a blast teaching respect for the can one kill at a time lol

#4004 H311FR0G

Rookie

• Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 7 posts

Posted 12 February 2018 - 11:55 PM

this is either a really good joke or ANOTHER REALLY BAD MECH. as it is the urbanmech is 3-4 mil c-bills, plus about another 12 mil to make it playable (light/xl engine, FF armor, Endo-steel structure, double heat sinks, and suitable weaponry. .Nothing that moves slower than 50 KPH is very useful on the field of battle, which puts stock urbie out of commision (in fact the only advantage it has is being too slow to reach the fray in time to die with your comrades and ends up being the last mech standing on its team because it's still making it's way out of of the drop zone grid square after 5 minutes, at which point most matches are already deicided or half over). and refitting it to any useable fitting takes a lot of c-bills, so it's only useful to players who have more c-bills than they know what to do with. I have owned an urbanmech, and all in all, i called it a waste of c-bills. after sinking ten mil into it plus purchase price, it made it to the fight in time to die with the rest of the team at least... But even fully armored with an XL engine in it it was easier to kill than a pirhana, and with a light engine it dies too easy. With a standard engine it's hopeless other than being able to survive more than two components destroyed, which only takes a couple well aimed shots. i swear to god it died from a single LRM 15 volley with an xl, and 2 lrm20 volleys with a light engine. Standard engine takes about 4-5 LRM 15 or lrm 20 volleys... not a very effective mech all in all. The comando is WAY BETTER.

Edited by H311FR0G, 13 February 2018 - 12:11 AM.

#4005 C0y0tl45

• Pip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 13 posts

Posted 13 February 2018 - 03:09 AM

The problem is that you built it wrong. I guarantee that there are plenty of people out there that could tear any of your mechs apart with an urbie.

Edited by C0y0tl45, 13 February 2018 - 03:14 AM.

#4006 H LaWMaN H

• PipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 47 posts

Posted 13 February 2018 - 03:41 AM

Got my Pre-order in today see you out there

#4007 MovinTarget

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Field Marshal
  • Field Marshal
  • 3,831 posts
  • LocationGreen Acres

Posted 13 February 2018 - 06:33 AM

View PostH311FR0G, on 12 February 2018 - 11:55 PM, said:

this is either a really good joke or ANOTHER REALLY BAD MECH. as it is the urbanmech is 3-4 mil c-bills, plus about another 12 mil to make it playable (light/xl engine, FF armor, Endo-steel structure, double heat sinks, and suitable weaponry. .Nothing that moves slower than 50 KPH is very useful on the field of battle, which puts stock urbie out of commision (in fact the only advantage it has is being too slow to reach the fray in time to die with your comrades and ends up being the last mech standing on its team because it's still making it's way out of of the drop zone grid square after 5 minutes, at which point most matches are already deicided or half over). and refitting it to any useable fitting takes a lot of c-bills, so it's only useful to players who have more c-bills than they know what to do with. I have owned an urbanmech, and all in all, i called it a waste of c-bills. after sinking ten mil into it plus purchase price, it made it to the fight in time to die with the rest of the team at least... But even fully armored with an XL engine in it it was easier to kill than a pirhana, and with a light engine it dies too easy. With a standard engine it's hopeless other than being able to survive more than two components destroyed, which only takes a couple well aimed shots. i swear to god it died from a single LRM 15 volley with an xl, and 2 lrm20 volleys with a light engine. Standard engine takes about 4-5 LRM 15 or lrm 20 volleys... not a very effective mech all in all. The comando is WAY BETTER.

You have to play the Urbie as a fast medium/heavy to appreciate it. The K9 for example. 5 ML or ER ML and a standard 180 engine. It tanks like a 55 tonner, is a tiny target and goes 97kph. And that is a budget build. No lite/XL engine, it costs ~3Million all told (after the MC/$ purchase of the Hero) I am also pretty sure that pressing "L" engages SUPA_PURSUIT MODE in which your agility is boosted 9999999999% and your enemies are incline to hit the deck and put their hands where you can see them. Hands down, one of the most fun Hero mechs in the game.

Other Urbie builds might include XL/Light Engines because it is a walking CT (why do you think it gets those CT buffs????) so you can really do a lot of fun builds and if you don't play it like a light, you can have some really fun games.

Edited by MovinTarget, 13 February 2018 - 06:34 AM.

#4008 Tank

• Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 1,202 posts
  • LocationSelling baguettes in K-Town

Posted 13 February 2018 - 07:27 AM

this is either a really good joke or ANOTHER REALLY BAD MECH.

You Sir are HERETIC!

#4009 Ovion

• The Vicious
  • The Vicious
  • 3,182 posts

Posted 13 February 2018 - 08:45 AM

See, here's your problem...
You're doing it wrong.

And can't count.
The stock Urbanmechs range in cost from 1.5 to 2 million C-Bills.
You only take Endo, not Ferro.
Even with an XL180, and DHS a fully kitted Urbie from not owning one shouldn't run you more than 6-8mil total, then up to 4mil for skills, for at the outside limit, an Urbanmech costing 10-12mil total from scratch..

You also seem a fan of unbased hyperbole, being a stock Urbie is only 33% slower than your average 100T mech,
While painfully slow, it will only take it 50-60 seconds to cross a square and is only just behind the assaults, and even reaching the combat zone on the absolute largest maps will take less than 5 minutes.

As to dying easily when fully armoured - that's on you, as stock it has the armour of a 45-50T mech, and skilled has the armour of a 60T mech!
Charging around in my K9 with an XL170 I can weather an absurd amount of fire, by keeping moving and torso twisting.
The mech is incredibly XL friendly.

Even if all missiles hit the same location, it'd need at least 5 volleys of LRM15 to a side torso - with spread and moving, that's more likely to be 9+ full hits to the torso with missiles to kill the urb - which means you were strolling through the open giving your *** to the enemy, not twisting and then crying you're brittle.

#4010 Groutknoll

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 337 posts

Posted 13 February 2018 - 10:52 AM

For best Urbie tanking, put only 2-4 pts in rear armor. And if you feel like giving the other team a chance 0! Why, you ask ... because of the OP 360 torso rotation and the (W)in key. Full alpha fire as you reposition unlike those weaker mechs that need to show their back. Posted Image

Talented Urbie pilots don't need to see where they are going, they only need to keep the enemy in their crosshairs!

Edited by Groutknoll, 13 February 2018 - 10:55 AM.

#4011 Groutknoll

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 337 posts

Posted 13 February 2018 - 11:10 AM

For those that have not seen this.

He's a test pilot's cockpit view using a early UM-R60 prototype build using SDR-5K proving that the UM chassis needed to be made.

this should NEVER be forgotten! Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

#4012 jper4

• Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 1,884 posts

Posted 13 February 2018 - 11:34 AM

I still have my spider-urbie in my mechbay. only spider I own

#4013 Sigmar Sich

• Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 1,059 posts
  • LocationUkraine, Kyiv

Posted 13 February 2018 - 11:39 AM

ANOTHER REALLY BAD MECH.

Posted Image Urbie is a great mech. And a solid performer. It can even be sort of meta (k-9 with MPLs). And amazing fun (with RAC5). Or a decent light poptart (HPPC).
Give it another try, it is an amazing mech, who can play both fast and slow styles.

P.S. Commando is a great mech, and my favorite light (Steiner here Posted Image ), but it is just a 'mech. Urbie is more.

#4014 MovinTarget

• Field Marshal
  • Field Marshal
  • 3,831 posts
  • LocationGreen Acres

Posted 13 February 2018 - 12:10 PM

View PostSigmar Sich, on 13 February 2018 - 11:39 AM, said:

my favorite light (Steiner here Posted Image )

Mr. Atlas would like a word with you...

#4015 Sigmar Sich

• Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 1,059 posts
  • LocationUkraine, Kyiv

Posted 13 February 2018 - 12:38 PM

View PostMovinTarget, on 13 February 2018 - 12:10 PM, said:

Mr. Atlas would like a word with you...

No no no, Atlas is not a light mech. I'm a reasonable Steiner.

Zeus, however, might be offended... Posted Image

#4016 Tier5ForLife

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • 481 posts

Posted 13 February 2018 - 02:00 PM

REAL Urbie pilots only use the "magic engine" it comes with.

#4017 Nelos Kniven

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Brother
  • Big Brother
  • 225 posts
  • LocationSolaris 7

Posted 13 February 2018 - 02:25 PM

View PostLikeUntoBuddha, on 13 February 2018 - 02:00 PM, said:

REAL Urbie pilots only use the "magic engine" it comes with.

With a UAC20 and 6 DHS on K9

#4018 loopala

• Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 1,242 posts
  • LocationDa UP of Mich

Posted 13 February 2018 - 05:15 PM

Some body hit the urbie nest with a stick lol

Urbie can play like all classes of mechs. Tank like an asault, hit like a heavy, spread damage like a medium, itty bitty hitboxes like a lite.

Urbanmech the only mech you truly need...

#4019 MovinTarget

• Field Marshal
  • Field Marshal
  • 3,831 posts
  • LocationGreen Acres

Posted 13 February 2018 - 05:51 PM

View Postloopala, on 13 February 2018 - 05:15 PM, said:

Urbanmech the only mech you truly need...

PGI apparently disagrees. Otherwise the min tonnage for an FP deck would be 120t!

#4020 Brain Cancer

• The 1 Percent
  • 3,851 posts

Posted 13 February 2018 - 07:20 PM

View PostMovinTarget, on 13 February 2018 - 05:51 PM, said:

PGI apparently disagrees. Otherwise the min tonnage for an FP deck would be 120t!

PGI's secret Comstar faction dropdecks actually are six Urbanmechs.

Posted Image

Edited by Brain Cancer, 13 February 2018 - 07:20 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users