#1 Kyle Polulak

<member/>

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 584 posts
  • LocationVancouver, BC

Posted 15 April 2014 - 11:09 AM

Greetings MechWarriors!

As the snow fades away, the Phoenix Rises event is here to rain fire upon the battlefield, with new varieties of the BattleMaster, Locust and Shadowhawk; Warming us from winter's coil.

For one week, these new variants will be available for MC purchase only. During this time, fans can be the first to field test the ranged might of the BLR-3M's deadly ER-PPC or the LCT-1M's twin missile systems. You can dive right in and bring the heat close to their enemies with the combined arms of the SHD-2D or the LCT-1E.

Those owners of other BLR, SHD and LCT variants won't be left out in the dusty cold though: We are also pleased to light a fire under these Mechs with a sale on chassis-unlocks for Fractal, Buccaneer, and Hotrod patterns on these chassis'.

A firestorm is brewing as a cold front of balance changes for small-caliber Auto-Cannons is sweeping in while things are heating up a bit for SRMs. These and other incendiary weapons should see a marked improvement in hit-registration, with fewer de-syncs taking place due to changes in the host-state-rewind logic.

Before things get any hotter though, we can cool you off with some good news regarding in-game water, which has seen a performance boost on all settings lower than Very-High. This is combined with actually cooling your system off with a CPU optimization to cooling effects of water on your 'Mech. To help keep your system from overheating in the smoke and embers: We've also moved projectile explosion performance to the server-side.

Finally, if you previously experienced hangs during the game, we hope you should see a change or disappearance of this issue and a rebirth of hassle-free entertainment. Players who continue to be affected by this issue are encouraged to let us know as soon as possible. We also heard your feedback about our recently added game mode selection feature. Just as the Phoenix always returns: You may be pleased to hear that the selection you make on your game mode preferences will now be saved in between matches if you are playing solo! Some DX11 visual glitches as well as errors involving the Group and Social systems have also found themselves roasted under the firebird's breath.

You can get a breakdown of these and other fixes here.

Edited by Nikolai Lubkiewicz, 15 April 2014 - 11:13 AM.
Clarified CPU Optimization on Water Effects

#2 CyclonerM

Tina's Warrior

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • 5,684 posts
  • LocationA 2nd Wolf Guards Grenadiers JumpShip

Posted 15 April 2014 - 11:19 AM

Shall the bugs all be roasted under the firebird's breath until there the very last of them is dust in the galaxy.
Seyla.

:huh:

#3 julesPG6

• PipPip
  • The Blood Bound
  • The Blood Bound
  • 20 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 15 April 2014 - 11:21 AM

Good to hear the servers will be back up soon, us gamer's in europe are losing valuable gaming time :huh:

#4 Hellen Wheels

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,326 posts
  • LocationDraconis March

Posted 15 April 2014 - 11:24 AM

Thanks for the update :huh:

#5 LePa

• Pip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 10 posts

Posted 15 April 2014 - 11:25 AM

i clicked this thread to learn the downtime...

#6 Reported for Inappropriate Name

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,767 posts
  • LocationAmericlap

Posted 15 April 2014 - 11:30 AM

i'm glad srm's were buffed and autocannons were nerfed

#7 kesuga7

• 1,022 posts
  • LocationSegmentum solar - Sector solar - Subsector sol - Hive world - "Holy terra"

Posted 15 April 2014 - 11:31 AM

yes ac 5/ac 2 tweaks! - specifically ac 5 speed change so its not as close to ppc speed
and srm buff!!!

and perfomance improvement :huh:
but new mechs only for mc? like wtf ;)
sure hope they will come out for c-bills :-L

Edited by kesuga7, 15 April 2014 - 11:31 AM.

#8 Knight_Invictus

• PipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 89 posts
  • LocationMaryland, USA

Posted 15 April 2014 - 11:32 AM

Thanks for the preview of today's patch! Sounds great!!!

Edited by Knight4Him, 15 April 2014 - 11:32 AM.

#9 Grendel408

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 2,611 posts
  • LocationBay Area, California

Posted 15 April 2014 - 11:34 AM

New Bundles:
• Small C-Bill Bundle: 1,100,000 C-Bills for 800 MC
• Medium C-Bills Bundle: 2,400,000 C-Bills for 1600 MC
• Large C-Bills Bundle: 6,500,000 C-Bills for 4000 MC
Why am I not happy about this?!? This takes away the grind for C-Bills! How is this fair for the Free2Play players in MWO when a paying player can just drop MCs for C-Bills? Overall, I'm happy about the changes and additions of Mech variants, but this... this is wrong from my perspective... but so was 3PV.

#10 CyclonerM

Tina's Warrior

• FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • 5,684 posts
  • LocationA 2nd Wolf Guards Grenadiers JumpShip

Posted 15 April 2014 - 11:36 AM

View PostGrendel408, on 15 April 2014 - 11:34 AM, said:

Why am I not happy about this?!? This takes away the grind for C-Bills! How is this fair for the Free2Play players in MWO when a paying player can just drop MCs for C-Bills? Overall, I'm happy about the changes and additions of Mech variants, but this... this is wrong from my perspective... but so was 3PV.

There are some players who cannot play many drops a day due to family and jobs and these offers, like premium time, may be useful to them. Personally, i can earn sufficient amount of c-bills without them and i am happy :huh:

#11 Amsro

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 3,383 posts
  • LocationCharging my Gauss Rifle

Posted 15 April 2014 - 11:40 AM

Great Post, Great Read!

Nice work Niko!

#12 Votanin FleshRender

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Wrath
  • Wrath
  • 518 posts
  • Location3rd rock from the Sun

Do these Phoenix mechs have the cbill boost?

#13 Ngamok

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 5,033 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationLafayette, IN

You could always buy any mech for MC and bypassing the C-Bill grind as well. What's the difference? Did you know when the game went into Open Beta that I started with my HBK-4G(F) and I bought an Atlas with part of my Founders MC and sold it for C-Bills to equip my HBK and used any left over towards my CLPT-C1 that I bought with C-Bills?

#14 Appogee

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 10,966 posts
  • LocationOn planet Tukayyid, celebrating victory

This takes away the grind for C-Bills! How is this fair for the Free2Play players in MWO when a paying player can just drop MCs for C-Bills?

I think it's a great idea. (In fact, I suggested it a year ago.)

Time-poor players can spend some dollars and buy exactly the same Mechs as cash-poor freeloaders.

This is not a P2W scenario.

If anything, the cash-poor players will have the advantage because they'll have more experience playing the game.

Edited by Appogee, 15 April 2014 - 11:41 AM.

#15 Joe Decker

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Angel
  • The Angel
  • 685 posts
  • LocationTeutoburger Forest, Lower Saxony

Posted 15 April 2014 - 11:43 AM

CBills for MC will lower the Activity ingame. Will make it even harder for the Gamemaker to create balanced Teams and we will see even more Roflstomps. Cannot agree to that. AC2 Range Nerf is much too extreme. Down to 1800 til 1900 Meters maybe. Down to 1440 is unrealistic. No Reason anymore to choose the AC2 over the AC5. Last Reason that remained was the better Range. With this Nerf you Guys made the AC2 obsolete.

Edited by Joe Decker, 15 April 2014 - 11:45 AM.

#16 Bront

• Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 4,212 posts
  • LocationInternet

Posted 15 April 2014 - 11:44 AM

1) It's still a better deal to buy the champion jenner and sell it.
2) You could already do this indirectly by buying mechs with MC (see point 1)
3) This is pay to reduce grind. It's like buying premium time that's been pre-played. Think of how many CBills you could grind with the premium time with the MC Equivilent purchase. I know I could grind more than 6.4 mil with 1 month of PT, and that's still cheaper.
4) Grind reduction is the best form of payment a free to play game can deal with. It's ultimately fair because nothing is exclusive, it's just time vs money.

#17 Mobius245

• Pip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 15 posts

Posted 15 April 2014 - 11:45 AM

hmm... I was thinking I owned Phoenix Overlord to get Free Locust, BLR, and SHD? oh well

#18 Dez Telinov

• PipPip
  • 47 posts
  • LocationThe Quantum Sea

Posted 15 April 2014 - 11:46 AM

Keep this up PGI and your gonna "NERF" yourselves right out of a job.

#19 Mechteric

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 7,308 posts
  • LocationRTP, NC

View PostJoe Decker, on 15 April 2014 - 11:43 AM, said:

CBills for MC will lower the Activity ingame.

Nope, the activity is low for other reasons (CW, ghost heat, VOIP, take yer pick)

#20 Hawk819

• The Tip of the Spear
  • The Tip of the Spear
  • 1,620 posts
  • Location666 Werewolf Lane. Transylvania, Romania Ph#: Transylvania 6-5000

and me with no cash to buy MC.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users