#21 Fang01

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Fury
  • Fury
  • 993 posts
  • LocationNew Jersey

Posted 08 April 2014 - 10:45 PM

View Postkamiko kross, on 08 April 2014 - 06:02 PM, said:

Not silly when 60% + of my srm hits don't register. Or when I put 2000 mg rounds into a cicada's legs, stripped armour and took em down to red then it stopped taking damage.....

Or when I'm brawling a Banshee and get him down to red CT then suddenly I'm dead without being shot......

I find range is my friend, range is life! Close combat in a raven seems suicidal for me.....it seems to take damage so quick compared to my jenner, commando and spiders it's not funny....

Thats one place where its an advantage to have us internet ;) SRMs still work for me

NSFW language:

XL280 4mg 2srm4

#22 Shiro Matsumoto

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Boombox
  • The Boombox
  • 492 posts
  • Locationon "The island"

Posted 09 April 2014 - 12:26 AM

View PostCorralis, on 02 April 2014 - 05:29 PM, said:

I think it's unforgivable to not have ECM on the Raven hero mech for the same reason you state above. The only reason I can think of that it is not on this mech is for all the cries of 'PAY TO WIN!!!!!' that would emanate from the uninformed masses.

As for your build, it's about the only thing you can do with it but it's a moot point anyway cause the 3L is just better.

As the superior 3L is available for C-Bills and MC. the Pay2win - argument is useless anyway.. so. i guess the Huginn is more "pay2loose".

#23 Buckminster

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • 1,577 posts
  • LocationBaltimore, MD

Posted 09 April 2014 - 02:35 AM

View PostJohn McFianna, on 09 April 2014 - 12:26 AM, said:

As the superior 3L is available for C-Bills and MC. the Pay2win - argument is useless anyway.. so. i guess the Huginn is more "pay2lose".

Fixed it for you. ;) Sorry, I'm a bit of a grammar dork at times.

I think that PGI intentionally picked a non-ECM Raven so that they could avoid the "P2W" claims. Because I think it's fair to say that Streaks+jump Jets+ECM would be easy to classify that way, and then we'd have matches full of Huginns and forums full of people raging.

Edited by Buckminster, 09 April 2014 - 02:36 AM.

#24 Jon Gotham

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Pest
  • The Pest
  • 2,627 posts

Posted 09 April 2014 - 04:10 AM

View PostKhajja nar Jatargk, on 08 April 2014 - 10:45 PM, said:

Thats one place where its an advantage to have us internet ;) SRMs still work for me

Aye, it irks me like crazy. You can outpilot an enemy, out position him AND outshoot him yet half your shots do nothing. Same thing happens to ppc hits as well for me-yet I have zero issues with lasers....>.>

A week ago a mate of mine watched me put 8 twin ac2 hits into the back of a mech........it took 0 damage....
I don't see how we are ever going to have fair competition when one set of players has a distinct disadvantage before game even starts:(

So Huginn for me is an ultraginn, a wide flanker-harasser. I can pull it off (usually lol.)

#25 Fang01

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Fury
  • Fury
  • 993 posts
  • LocationNew Jersey

Posted 09 April 2014 - 04:41 AM

Gotcha. Hopefully the promised next few patches hold some fixes for you guys

#26 Jon Gotham

• The Pest
  • The Pest
  • 2,627 posts

Posted 09 April 2014 - 05:17 AM

Watched the vid, you saw what happened at the end when you attacked the Cata? That happens to me nearly everytime I try to use srms or mgs in close combat. I get so far and then they just won't die-no more damage.

Oh and that 6K? I ran 4 LL in mine ran at around 90kph and averaged 5-600 per game sans any arty/airstrikes. Just because they can mount that engine don't always mean they should:) Oversized and underamoured light they are at that speed.
Heavies and assaults with oversized engine ratings and too much agility can keep you in gun trail permanently if they are competent. I'd rather hit them when they are not looking at me lol ;)

I have a mantra these days range and speed...range and speed!

#27 Voivode

• The Hungry
  • The Hungry
  • 1,465 posts

Posted 09 April 2014 - 05:33 AM

Here's the build I've been running with a lot of success. It plays less like the other Ravens and more like a Commando / Locust so strike and fade and be patient.

Pay attention to mechs like Victors / Jagers / Cataphracts as they will probably have thin armor in their legs and a couple tons of ammo there as well. If you're patient, you can demolish the "power" builds later in a match by detonating the ammo they're standing on.

Edited by Voivode, 09 April 2014 - 05:33 AM.

#28 Fang01

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Fury
  • Fury
  • 993 posts
  • LocationNew Jersey

Posted 09 April 2014 - 08:13 AM

I had a similar issue a couple days ago with a protector. Took five mechs focusing and still didn't want to take damage.

For me I build around what makes a chassis unique. The 6k has a huge cap and no jets. Thing practically begs to be a mpl harasser. The treb 3c probably does it better but Any 120+ medium pulse boat can be a real force to be reckoned with. I'm sure you remember my bj1x.

Tbh I'd forgotten about insulting that guy's build until after I'd posted. My blood gets up in fights and from the Atlas/phract duel on I was a bit miffed at the lack of pressure from the rest of the team, and to see mech that ought to be a light hunter shambling along...

#29 Not A Real RAbbi

• Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 1,688 posts
  • LocationDeath to Aladeen Cafe

Posted 09 April 2014 - 05:16 PM

A light mech with ZERO energy hard points? Unforgivable. Even if it is potentially faster than the 3L, it's second-class for its reliance on ammo. It's an abomination.

#30 Shujumi

Rookie

• Bad Company
  • 2 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 12 April 2014 - 11:17 PM

I myself logged in many hours on my Raven 3l and the Jenner family of Mechs. I can promise you all I wont be buying the Oxide or the Huggin anytime soon. The basic mechs in this family are just far superior for the Raven, E C M end of story.

#31 Fang01

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Fury
  • Fury
  • 993 posts
  • LocationNew Jersey

Posted 13 April 2014 - 02:42 PM

Posted Image

Mmmhmm, you realize heroes are supposed to be a challenge right?

If it did you'd be crying that it cost real money. This thread is for folks to share what makes it work. Whining drivel about it's existence should be restricted to the announcement thread.

#32 Amsro

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 3,377 posts
  • LocationCharging my Gauss Rifle

Posted 13 April 2014 - 04:23 PM

View PostKhajja nar Jatargk, on 13 April 2014 - 02:42 PM, said:

Posted Image

Mmmhmm, you realize heroes are supposed to be a challenge right?

If it did you'd be crying that it cost real money. This thread is for folks to share what makes it work. Whining drivel about it's existence should be restricted to the announcement thread.

Indeed, the Oxide is another obvious mech that gets hate, and yet it is one my deadliest light mechs.

Haters gonna hate.

#33 Ariana Rifkin

• PipPipPip
  • The Phoenix
  • The Phoenix
  • 63 posts

Posted 25 November 2020 - 04:23 PM

This is a really old thread, but I find it so hilarious I have to comment. I LOVED the huginn. These were after the addition of quirks, but I had a clip of me and a wolverine 2v1 this poor atlas. Absolutely hilarious. I have 1v1 against TIMBER WOLVES and come out on top with the game winning kill. Even before quirks it was just soo good for me as long as my team kept drawing fire away from me. People would ignore me because the variant is such a joke and it would be their downfall. I'd basically run 2x srm4 with tons of ammo, max armor, maybe sacrifice a couple tons of ammo for 2 MGs and a ton of MG ammo for exploiting crits. One match with my group, I loaded her out with LRMs. Jumped jetted on top of my friend's LRM stalker and spent the whole match on his head shooting lrms at baddies. Most of the fun I had in this game was due to this mech, my Boom Jagers, and my 2x gauss, 4x med las, 2x lrg las Dire Wolf. These mechs would break 2k damage in some matches for me on occasion.

Edited by Ariana Rifkin, 25 November 2020 - 04:25 PM.

#34 Horseman

• The Mercenary
  • The Mercenary
  • 4,694 posts
  • LocationPoland

Posted 27 November 2020 - 12:40 AM

Now you can do a whooshchicken on it. XL255, MRM40, 3.5 tons ammo, strip the arms and shave the head. More useful than a boomchicken, that's for sure!

#35 Gagis

• FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 1,731 posts

Posted 27 November 2020 - 01:51 AM

This thread is 6 and a half years old. PLEASE.

#36 Horseman

• The Mercenary
  • The Mercenary
  • 4,694 posts
  • LocationPoland

Posted 27 November 2020 - 05:43 AM

Also true. Someone let the mods know they need to release the Shovelman! (ITT: a picture of the Axeman mech... except the axe is a giant shovel)

#37 Ekson Valdez

Volunteer Moderator

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 688 posts

Posted 30 November 2020 - 02:27 AM

If only I was more talented with graphic design. We'll have to stick to the old stuff for now.
Turn Undead!
Posted Image
Thread locked.

Edited by Ekson Valdez, 30 November 2020 - 02:28 AM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users