#21 Harathan

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 970 posts
  • LocationSouthern California

Posted 11 April 2014 - 12:59 PM

View PostDanghen Woolf, on 11 April 2014 - 11:11 AM, said:

I think that this is something that is common throughout game design. Maybe not the CW aspect exactly but the situation. Keep in mind though that the CW guys and the "polish" guys may not be the same people. I hear a lot of "focus on CW only" but the reality is that there could be several people doing nothing but programming CW and making progress but that the artists can produce product faster. I like polish, I would like to see CW, I don't think it is an issue of less of one is more of another.

It was Russ Bullock himsef who made it an either/or decision.

#22 Ordellus

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary
  • 215 posts

Posted 11 April 2014 - 01:41 PM

View PostMcQueen, on 11 April 2014 - 10:38 AM, said:

On a recent NGNG podcast Russ Bullock asked the question would the MWO community prefer to have resources devoted to Community Warfare next or have those resources focused on polishing the game and not get to community warfare till next year.

The way Mr. Bullock phrased the question seemed to imply that he was already leaning one way on this himself, but I don't see any point in discussing that here. Instead I just want to take the question at face value.

For myself I want to see Community Warfare be the next priority after clan mechs. For me it would add more engagement to the current random string of drops. It would give me a bit more incentive to log back in after the game kicks me out after three or four matches. Even the limited map control described in the original description of CW would be fun to see. And as many others have said watching the Clan invasion play out would be great. It would add another layer of immersion to give the enjoyable but repetitive mech fights meaning and importance.

As a bonus for PGI, if I'm playing more I'll probably be spending more. And I doubt I would be alone in that.

Anyway that is my two C-bills on the subject. What do the rest of you think?

Should I, as the head honcho of this games production....

1) Insist that my game have the features I promised it's customers it would have in exchange for money....

2) Insist that it have the polish and high quality I promised it's customers it would have in exchange for money....

I know...
I'll ask the customers that I owe both results to...
To choose one or the other so I can blow off more of my responsibilities!

Edited by Ordellus, 11 April 2014 - 01:42 PM.

#23 Chemie

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 2,491 posts
  • LocationMI

Posted 11 April 2014 - 01:58 PM

Latest CC post says they are still at spit-ball stage for CW. Still kicking around design ideas. No programming yet. I think Russ was making an excuse since there is no way they get any CW out before 2015 if they have no put finger to keys yet.

#24 Eddrick

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Storm
  • Storm
  • 1,493 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationCanyon Lake, TX.

Posted 11 April 2014 - 02:06 PM

Community Warfare. There is very little Polish things I would want. So, I vote CW.

#25 Thorqemada

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,377 posts

Posted 11 April 2014 - 02:56 PM

I want polish first if polish means also the stuff that was already described in this very thread!

#26 Bhael Fire

Banned - Cheating

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 4,002 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationThe Outback wastes of planet Outreach.

Posted 11 April 2014 - 05:31 PM

He confirms CW won out over polish on tonight's NGNG podcast...and confirms it's coming the fall. :)

https://soundcloud.c...08-russ-bullock

#27 McQueen

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Ironclad
  • The Ironclad
  • 187 posts
  • LocationOff grid

Posted 11 April 2014 - 06:02 PM

View PostWarHippy, on 11 April 2014 - 12:33 PM, said:

So you want Community Warfare because it will give more engagement to the random string of drops, but I have a question. Would you still support CW over polish if I was to inform you that CW will ultimately be those very same random string of drops that you have currently? Because I have this bad feeling that what we all are hoping CW will be are going to be greatly disappointed with what we get.

Unfortunately I expect, at first, it will be the same random drops just with everyone on my team having a blue fist or being a lone wolf. My problem with polish is that it will be the same random drops with trees I can knock over and no goal at all. Even the weak incentive of racking up faction points against other factions for control of a border on an in game galaxy map would be more engaging to me.

#28 McQueen

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Ironclad
  • The Ironclad
  • 187 posts
  • LocationOff grid

Posted 11 April 2014 - 06:05 PM

View PostBhael Fire, on 11 April 2014 - 05:31 PM, said:

He confirms CW won out over polish on tonight's NGNG podcast...and confirms it's coming the fall. :)

Thanks for the link.

#29 Bobzilla

• The Determined
  • The Determined
  • 2,003 posts
  • LocationEarth

Posted 14 April 2014 - 05:48 AM

I think most players enjoy this game for what it could/should be and not what it is/will be.
CW is going to make or break them as it's the last glimmer of hope to those unsatisfied.
CW is not going to come out fully done and final, and 'polishing' will only end when the game is abandoned, so might as well plop CW in and tell the dreamers it's not done and will get better.

Edited by Bobzilla, 14 April 2014 - 05:56 AM.

#30 Wieland

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 755 posts
  • LocationKitzingen, Bolan Province, Protectorate of Donegal, Lyran Commonwealth

Posted 14 April 2014 - 07:51 AM

View PostBhael Fire, on 11 April 2014 - 05:31 PM, said:

He confirms CW won out over polish on tonight's NGNG podcast...and confirms it's coming the fall. ;)

Actually he said Version 1 is coming this fall. Whatever Version 1 means.
I currently fear it simply means that the matchmaker is putting one faction against the other, nothing more.

#31 MeiSooHaityu

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 10,912 posts
  • LocationMI

Posted 14 April 2014 - 08:02 AM

Community Warfare first.

The game needs more polish, but the current level of quality is adequate. Add features so that I feel like playing the game again.

I know CW wont be this huge and impressive thing, but this game will be better with goals and objectives instead of random killing.

#32 OznerpaG

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Bludgeon
  • The Bludgeon
  • 977 posts
  • LocationToronto, Canada

Posted 14 April 2014 - 08:06 AM

i ended up checking out this thread because i was curious what the he11 CW had to do with Poland lol

#33 Zolaz

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 3,510 posts
  • LocationHouston, Tx

Posted 14 April 2014 - 08:52 AM

Factional Warfare ... how about finally doing something you said you would do, PGI?

#34 Screech

• Knight Errant
  • 2,290 posts

Posted 14 April 2014 - 09:32 AM

I want mustard and onions on my Polish.

#35 Joseph Mallan

ForumWarrior

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 35,216 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationMallanhold, Furillo

Posted 14 April 2014 - 09:35 AM

View PostScreech, on 14 April 2014 - 09:32 AM, said:

I want mustard and onions on my Polish.

I have no intention on wearing either garnish!

View PostBhael Fire, on 11 April 2014 - 12:34 PM, said:

Polish mostly means immersion details, like:

- destructible environments
- cockpit damage effects like sparks/smoke and canopy cracks/scoring
- collisions and knockdowns
- terrain effects on movement (e.g. thick foliage, water, etc)
- AI like infantry, vehicles, tanks, and aircraft
- etc.

Or Polish means awesome food!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users