#1 xengk

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 2,502 posts
  • LocationKuala Lumpur, Malaysia

Posted 11 April 2014 - 10:43 PM

No, this is not a hack.

Connecting from Malaysia sometime gives me very high latency.
On these lag spike, I would sometime encounter the black screen bug loading the match. Which usually end up having to force close the client, on few occasion I would end up joining the match after the countdown or get boot to the mechlab.

This happen on very rare instance and I happen to have Fraps running at the time.

http://mwomercs.com/...26#entry3212826

#2 Tom1000

• Pip
  • Legendary Founder
  • 12 posts

Posted 11 April 2014 - 11:00 PM

I'm jealous, that looks pretty awesome. Obviously exploitable if you could do it by choice, but maybe letting people download a battle post match and then rewatching it would be a nice addition.

#3 XPhantasmaX

• PipPipPip
  • Star Commander
  • 63 posts
  • LocationThe Abyss

Posted 11 April 2014 - 11:21 PM

Must be a hidden secret code in the game that only the developers know that lets you do that. I'm sure however at this mode you would be unable to chat with other players as I have not seen any in-game chat or messages of who has slain who during the entire video.

#4 xengk

• Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 2,502 posts

Posted 11 April 2014 - 11:31 PM

View PostXPhantasmaX, on 11 April 2014 - 11:21 PM, said:

Must be a hidden secret code in the game that only the developers know that lets you do that. I'm sure however at this mode you would be unable to chat with other players as I have not seen any in-game chat or messages of who has slain who during the entire video.

All function is deactivated when Im in this mode.
Only the movement keys and mouse is still active.

Can't chat, can't bring up the battle grid, can't see the name of the player, I can't even tell which side the mech belongs to.

View PostTom1000, on 11 April 2014 - 11:00 PM, said:

I'm jealous, that looks pretty awesome. Obviously exploitable if you could do it by choice, but maybe letting people download a battle post match and then rewatching it would be a nice addition.

That would be awesome for making video, to promote the game, guild or as training instruction.

#5 RedSail

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 137 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 11 April 2014 - 11:33 PM

I want this. Allow it for private groups (optional) and pugs. But in pugs disable team/enemy icons. Just don't allow it in 12 mans. Or at least just allow it as an option for private groups. No one can complain there.

#6 Muncehead

• PipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 36 posts
  • LocationWorcestershire UK

Posted 11 April 2014 - 11:38 PM

Want this. Even if just dropping into a random game as an observer.

#7 Lord Sevenous

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 360 posts
  • LocationGermany, Münster (North Rhine-Westphalia)

Posted 12 April 2014 - 03:01 AM

NOT MINE !!

Made by Celestial!!
(and its also NOT MechCommander just a Hommage)

Edited by Lord Sevenous, 12 April 2014 - 12:57 PM.

#8 Hex Pallett

• Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 2,009 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationHomeless, in the streets of Solaris 7

Posted 12 April 2014 - 04:52 AM

ME WANT

#9 B0oN

• 2,870 posts

Posted 12 April 2014 - 05:44 AM

Holy spectatormode-bug, Batman !
Despite this being a bug, it IS GLORIOUS to behold .
+1 for BattleRecorder (BF2 had that, does Pepperidge Farm remember ? ^^ )

#10 Bartholomew bartholomew

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 1,250 posts
  • LocationInner sphere drop point

Posted 12 April 2014 - 07:33 AM

I have also had that happen on occasions. It is interesingly irritating. Sent in a fixit ticket. See it still happens to some. I have not had that happen in a while.

#11 Shredhead

• Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 1,939 posts
  • LocationLeipzig, Germany

Posted 12 April 2014 - 08:30 AM

Hah, after seeing this I decided to bug Russ and Paul on twitter if we can have free camera mode at least in premium private matches. Awesome!

#12 Helmer

• Stone Cold
  • 3,272 posts
  • LocationColumbus, Ga

Posted 12 April 2014 - 09:56 AM

I've seen and experienced this in the past. From what I understand , sometimes , due to high latency or other issues, you are "pushed out" of your cockpit.

This view is basically what the CSR's use (minus some UI elements) to observe matches. You can see some of it on this old Twitch stream by Bryan Ekman .

Yes, it's a gorgeous game to free spectate in and hopefully something like this will be available some day (with the proper precautions to avoid cheating of course)

Cheers.

Edited by Helmer, 12 April 2014 - 09:57 AM.

#13 warner2

• 1,101 posts

Posted 12 April 2014 - 10:29 AM

Well it's very green and brown. Other than that it's pretty sweet watching the fight from above like that.

#14 Dracol

• The Steadfast
  • The Steadfast
  • 2,539 posts
  • LocationSW Florida

Posted 12 April 2014 - 10:30 AM

I could watches battles like this all day long.....

#15 Water Bear

• Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 1,137 posts

Posted 12 April 2014 - 10:44 AM

The way it's set up, with no chat, it might be a feature they could give us if they make sure you only join random games to avoid cheating.

If you could spectate specific matches, cheating would be far too easy. Eg., spectate a 12 man premade being played by your clan or whatever and relay information via team speak.

#16 xengk

• Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 2,502 posts

Posted 13 April 2014 - 01:49 AM

View PostWater Bear, on 12 April 2014 - 10:44 AM, said:

The way it's set up, with no chat, it might be a feature they could give us if they make sure you only join random games to avoid cheating.

If you could spectate specific matches, cheating would be far too easy. Eg., spectate a 12 man premade being played by your clan or whatever and relay information via team speak.

I believe in my case, it still takes up 1 player slot.

#17 9erRed

• Overlord
  • 1,566 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 13 April 2014 - 06:04 AM

Greetings all,

Yes this mode (actual working view) was used during the Open Day Tournaments.
The additional selectable options were/are hidden within the left margin, items showing the lances, company's and the individual Mechs/Pilots names. Some of the tools were free float camera, follow mode for selected Mechs, and ride along cockpit view. At the time of the broadcast it was mentioned that "there needed to be" some type of ID and colour outline on the different Mech's when the camera is at altitude, so the commentary/referee could follow the action.

Russ has commented on this very tool on some of the NGNG podcasts, and it is being worked on for tournament type of activities. And for options after a match was recorded, giving the video editor a free flight mode to capture all those dynamic moments and angles. (which should lead to some fantastic promotional videos!)

As stated, there is or are safe guard's that need to be in place so this mode could not be abused during competition gameplay. Even going so far as to have 10 or more seconds delay for free flight mode may not be sufficient, as others have said that using a 3rd partly voice program can and will lead to abuse. Perhaps we need to look into an actual commentator/referee guild? A selected, unbiased, group that offer there services to provide commentary during sanctioned match's.
Now "calling a match" is not an easy thing to do, having excellent Mech visual id skills, knowledge of all the weapons that are in play, the quirks of different chassis and how they are played, and just a good "Radio Voice", all blend together to create some of, an "Announcer".
[even from the past Mech video games, Duncan Fisher's commentary was just recorded bits that played on cue's. But it worked so well.]

There may be some legal issue's with allowing these roaming camera tools "out into the public", so voice overs for match's may be restricted to PGI/IGP staff or their appointed Admins.
- I would assume that locking a sanctioned tournament into one server and allowing selected pass worded players to only function as that task (announcer), only at that time, and giving access to those tools from the server, may/might work.
(very expensive, but could work - would need coding to allow one additional spectator over the 12 max limit.)

9erRed

Edited by 9erRed, 13 April 2014 - 06:08 AM.

#18 Rasc4l

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary Rank 1
  • 496 posts

Posted 13 April 2014 - 10:17 AM

View PostHelmer, on 12 April 2014 - 09:56 AM, said:

I've seen and experienced this in the past. From what I understand , sometimes , due to high latency or other issues, you are "pushed out" of your cockpit.

Lol ascension MWO style! Couldn't this be an achievement? ;)

#19 Rhialto

• Philanthropist
  • 2,084 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationQuébec, QC - CANADA

Posted 13 April 2014 - 01:10 PM

WOW! It's like watching a movie! It must be just AWESOME in stereoscopic 3D! Unfortunatly, I think this map is not the best looking one, to me it's like they simply added a green filter to the overall map like I pointed out here.

I really hope they will add this mode as an option when you die. You either jump from one cockpit to another or go in free view without chat and keep chat disabled if you want to return in cockpit view mode.

#20 MoonUnitBeta

• Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 4,560 posts
  • LocationCanada ᕙ(⇀‸↼‶)ᕗ

Posted 13 April 2014 - 03:40 PM

I love it when you're rotating around the caldera, and seeing mechs from afar pelt others with ballistics. Very cool.

I notice it looks different though than the other spectator view. I like this one better. The motion seems smoother and easier to control.... in PGI's official spectator view, theirs seems fixed at a very high movement speed and it's very jerky (even if it was a low movement speed). So I really think the smoothness of this bug really makes watching a match more enjoyable. It seems like the bug is still tied to mech acceleration, which probably contributes to a smoother spectate.

Edited by MoonUnitBeta, 13 April 2014 - 03:41 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users