24 replies to this topic

#21 Kataiser

• PipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 96 posts

Posted 19 April 2014 - 09:36 PM

http://mwo.smurfy-ne...cab70498f133b6d

Now, the Awesome gets a lot of flack for being terrible, and it deserves a lot of that, but this build nets me over 600 damage on average, and if you are good at keeping lasers on point, it can hit things with surgical precision. Just be aware that you need to treat it like a fat Medium, not an Assault.

#22 opcow

• Pip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 18 posts

Posted 19 April 2014 - 10:12 PM

Yeah, I'd agree the Cent isn't optimal for the Gauss, or sniping really for that matter. But I have been practicing on the Cent enough to keep that arm around until I'm all shot up anyways, or the match is going really south.
I'm not to fond of the weapon, but I figure I should practice up on it, rather than saying it's just not for me right off the bat.
Thanks again for the input and link :)

#23 TimePeriod

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 548 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • LocationI'm out gardening, back in 10.

Posted 19 April 2014 - 11:03 PM

The Gausscat is one of my all time fav but it requires you to have good tactical awareness and some balls of steel. Why? Because if you get hit in the side torso and it gets into yellow, that's it. You are dead as the gauss rifle explodes and kills your XL engine.

#24 dragnier1

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Covert
  • The Covert
  • 1,054 posts

Posted 19 April 2014 - 11:17 PM

View PostKataiser, on 19 April 2014 - 09:36 PM, said:

http://mwo.smurfy-ne...cab70498f133b6d

Now, the Awesome gets a lot of flack for being terrible, and it deserves a lot of that, but this build nets me over 600 damage on average, and if you are good at keeping lasers on point, it can hit things with surgical precision. Just be aware that you need to treat it like a fat Medium, not an Assault.

I recently witnessed a pretty baby's awesome display. Weapons included 1 lrm, 2 ppcs. The match concluded with 6 kills and 600+ dmg, with the pretty baby single-handedly winning the match.

Awesomes sure can be awesome

Edited by dragnier1, 19 April 2014 - 11:18 PM.

#25 luxebo

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • 2,342 posts

Posted 20 April 2014 - 11:04 AM

View PostTimePeriod, on 19 April 2014 - 11:03 PM, said:

The Gausscat is one of my all time fav but it requires you to have good tactical awareness and some balls of steel. Why? Because if you get hit in the side torso and it gets into yellow, that's it. You are dead as the gauss rifle explodes and kills your XL engine.

Then put a STD Engine. Survive so much longer. :lol:

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users