Cash At Login - Nothing Works!

55 replies to this topic

#1 Radical Kat

Rookie

• 8 posts

Posted 18 April 2014 - 10:28 PM

Ok I must say this thing does not work. Since U.I 2.0 update I have not been able to LOAD THE MECHBAY. I Login, then loading Mechbay screen. Crash to Desktop. Every time I ask for help I get, "Use the Repair tool.". I have ot say repeatedly I HAVE USED IT, that it doesn't do a thing.

Also I have tried every Diagnostic you can do under the sun. I have asked The MWO Support team for help. Guess what! Once It got to the point where I found the error code, and gave it ot them. THEY HAVE NOT RESPONDED SINCE. not even a Sorry we can't help you.

Error codes as follows. Which interestingly enough equal over heating ... Dafuq OVERHEATING! ON A LOADING SCREEN??!!? o.O Seriously.

============================ Loading level mechlab ============================
[Error] Error: CTexMan::ImagePreprocessing: Scaling of 'textures/particles/weapons/laser_beam_1x4_lop0.dds' compressed texture is dangerous (only single mip) [File=textures/particles/weapons/laser_beam_1x4_lop0.dds]

[Error] Error: CTexMan::ImagePreprocessing: Scaling of 'textures/particles/weapons/ppc_beam_b.dds' compressed texture is dangerous (only single mip) [File=textures/particles/weapons/ppc_beam_b.dds]

P.S It happens so fast! It doesn't even Register an Error Message. Except in the Omicron. This is a BUG THAT NEEDS FIXING! Not a PLAYER END ISSUE.

#2 Radical Kat

Rookie

• 8 posts

Posted 08 May 2014 - 01:26 PM

I am upset. Tech support keeps giving me the same thing. Complete reinstall. ....I have done that, and more. It's to the point where I, and i am a big fan of Battle Tech, and Mechwarrior, I am just going ot step away. It is taking way to long for the to admit what it is, or just tell me ot F-off. I ma tired. it is a pain. The above listed issue is the cause every time. None of thier options work, and no sign of them looking into it at all.

#3 Shamous13

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 684 posts
  • LocationKitchener, Ont.

Posted 09 May 2014 - 04:31 AM

What are your system specs? have you updated your video drivers or are you running beta drivers? Hav you mad sure to down load DX9 win 7 comes with a basic version and win 8 might not even come with it. also run a mem test.

#4 9erRed

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • 1,566 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 09 May 2014 - 04:37 AM

Greetings all,

What error is registered in the 'event viewer'? If there is a problem that will tell you what was happening just before the crash.

- And the normal question, is the MechWarrior Online .exe set to run as admin?

9erRed

#5 Radical Kat

Rookie

• 8 posts

Posted 10 May 2014 - 12:27 PM

To shamus13 ... My system specs are more than enough trust me. As for DX9 .. I have downloaded and installed it so many times it isn't funny. As for drivers everything is latest, and greatest.

To 9erRed ...Yes it is set to run in Admin mode, also the windows event viewer doesn't have anything for it. As if it never happened. What I have above i the only clue as to what the problem is.

#6 9erRed

• Overlord
  • 1,566 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 10 May 2014 - 02:37 PM

Greetings,

Just checking, confirm that your textures.pak file (in the MWO game folder) is 383,755KB in size?
- and there was not a corruption in the download.

9erRed

#7 TrampekTheShoe

Rookie

• 9 posts

Posted 03 July 2014 - 03:42 AM

The absolute same issue is happening to me right now. I reinstalled the game fully, ran the repo-tool a bunch of times, to no effect. The Omicron keeps spitting out the absolute same result as Radical's, and I tried everything to fix that too. It's just feeling like I'm not even supposed to be able to fix this... Oh, also regarding 9er, I don't know if it is thanks to the newest updates, but my textures.pak is actually 385,209KB in size, not the 383,755KB you stated earlier.

Edited by TrampekTheShoe, 03 July 2014 - 04:02 AM.

#8 TrampekTheShoe

Rookie

• 9 posts

Posted 04 July 2014 - 08:02 AM

Bump. Hooray for being forgotten! Isn't it just completely lovely to be ignored, a single newbie user that will just get bored and leave because his game's not working. Best way to fix a problem, make the one that's it's victim gtfo. I'm getting desperate to fix it, I tried everything, uninstalling the entire game file and reinstalling it with the fix tool, clearing the cache...I'm not going to even open the support ticket because I'm almost sure noone will respond anyways. Ban me if you want, I don't care, I'm used to being treated like that.

Edited by TrampekTheShoe, 04 July 2014 - 08:02 AM.

#9 Rimon722

Rookie

• 3 posts

Posted 04 July 2014 - 06:52 PM

I am now having the same issue, only difference for me is that it was running just fine until I upgraded to Microsoft Windows v8.1. It worked just fine under v8. I even updated the drivers when it stopped working although it worked fine with the drivers in 8.0. I have downloaded Directx, and my .net and C++ the latest and greatest. Any info would be wonderful. I have put in a ticket as well.

#10 Lovegeometry

• Pip
  • 10 posts

Posted 04 July 2014 - 08:20 PM

Yep, I think its a windows 8.1 issue. My boy just loaded it into his comp just fine and he is running windows 7. Has the tech support tried a fix for Windows 8.1 users?

#11 TrampekTheShoe

Rookie

• 9 posts

Posted 05 July 2014 - 01:53 AM

From what I know, they didn't, since the issue doesn't seem very widespread.

#12 9erRed

• Overlord
  • 1,566 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 05 July 2014 - 08:17 AM

Greetings,

If you have a program to speed up your video card fan speed, use that before you start MWO. Or have it ramp up the speed with reference to the heat produced, as it appears to be a 'spike' as the program starts.
- Once the Mechlab is up and running the heat settles down, or that's what I see happening for my fans.

9erRed

#13 TrampekTheShoe

Rookie

• 9 posts

Posted 05 July 2014 - 08:54 AM

Regarding 9er

I tried that. I overclocked my seriously crude in-built Lenovo laptop fan to no effect. The game still pops at the Mechlab loading screen. It's not even fair - my computer should realistically be able to swallow this game whole with it's specs, but why do I have to suffer only because I have Windows 8.1? I recall it didn't happen BEFORE the UI 2.0 update, did it? Otherwise I think it would of been spotted and fixed long, long ago. Seriously. As Radical said at the beginning, it's not the user's fault, it's a terrible bug that needs to be fixed ASAP because I'm absolutely SURE that me, Rad or Rimon aren't the only ones that have this issue right now.

#14 Mad Porthos

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 479 posts
  • LocationChicago, Illinois

Posted 05 July 2014 - 12:45 PM

Sounds like it may seriously be a windows 8.1 issue, though I warn you of Lenovos for gaming rigs, they seem to rarely if ever work to 'specifications', especially if you think that includes things like using programs for over clocking graphics and cpu. I had one that I had no choice in picking out and found out that while it had a very capable processor, as a mobile processor on a laptop board it was stuck in an adaptive mode that kept it from performing... if it was being used to full potential it would have been blazing hot and the lenovo design, cooling fans and venting were simply not sufficient. The memory was slow ddr3 and after a few months started failing mem tests. Replacing the memory, it actually did better, but even the replacment memory eventually started doing poorly, labels on it peeling and looking melted, burnt. For me MWO has been infinitely better on desktop, with real cooling, proper ventilation and space to fit extra fans.

So now a buddy of mine in the military got a lap top Lenovo, brand new, multi core specs way higher than what he needed. Comes with windows 8, or else he upgraded to it. He's struggling to get MWO to work on it, but says its fine for other games. Like here, he said his specs were way higher than what was needed, but then I got to see it running in person. BF4 ran, but no where near what his top of the line specs should have allowed. Mechlab in MWO was sent his temps up to the roof and he got program errors and crashes. But to his mind he could at least play the others, but MWO has to be the problem cause he couldnt play it - and heat issues seem only to happen in it. Well I left his monitoring software active and had him do a few rounds of his normal games... he got into them but then in front of me griped about the poor frame rate AND TURNED OFF THE MONITORING PROGRAM AND A FEW OTHER PROGRAMS LIKE HIS ANTIVIRUS AND FIREWALL. I asked him why he turned off the exact program I was using to find out what the heat issues were and if they actually were happening for other games too, and he said that if he let those other programs run for Bf4 and other games, they got sluggish and buggy too but didnt crash, so thats how he knew it was MWO, not anything else.

I felt like hitting my head into the counter top. I forced him to play his other games again with fire wall, antivirus and monitoring software all on and it showed it was getting just as hot as mwo on both the laptop graphics "card" and the cpu/mb. Seemed though that MWO was more sensitive to this, also the temperature was sustained longer. Other games got hot in spikes then cooler, depending I guess on complexity of rendering on screen. The lenovo just could not handle it, especially with all the "overclock" tuning things he was using with the cpu and card, and the automatic thermal limits kept throttling his machine components to protect him, giving his issues with other games and need to minimize the other running processes.

To me what it came down to was that on the Lenovo the specs meant nothing, you could take the fastest cpu, memory and mb, squeeze them into a pretty plastic hot box, and find that 2+2+2 =1.5... its practically melting itself and unable to perform like some one might be lead to expect from the advertised numbers of the machine. Sad.

Edited by Mad Porthos, 05 July 2014 - 05:25 PM.

#15 TrampekTheShoe

Rookie

• 9 posts

Posted 06 July 2014 - 05:56 AM

Regarding Mad

My Lenovo laptop isn't one of the ones you described. It runs at maximum capacity without trouble, nothing's melting down and I'm using an external cooling fan that only makes further sure that's not going to happen. In my case, it's 2+2+2=5, because yeah, sometimes it tends to glitchdown or do some quirky stuff, but usually it performs as expected.

I'm pretty sure it IS a Windows 8.1 issue that needs to be fixed.

#16 TrampekTheShoe

Rookie

• 9 posts

Posted 07 July 2014 - 08:56 AM

bump, I see it getting buried hardcore under all the ''mouse on screen'' and ''premium time'' threads a bit too deep again.

#17 Celegrim

• PipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • 21 posts
  • LocationMissouri

Posted 10 July 2014 - 04:50 PM

To add another voice to this issue (hopefully inspiring others to do the same and flesh out exactly how many people this is affecting), I have the same problem. For about two months (at least), I have been having issues starting the game. The client loads just fine, I input my information, hit login, and then nothing. I might occasionally get a hint of the menu music, but it never connects. There is no error screen, it just closes.

I have uninstalled and re-installed the client at least four times now, following all of the directions given by Piranha, and it has not worked at all. Everything is up-to-date. It's not an issue with my laptop, as I have been able to play the game for about a year before this, but I am running Windows 8.1 (if that is indeed the cause).

I don't know what else to do about this other than complain at this point. I am very frustrated that the fifty dollars I spent on a Dire Wolf has been for almost nothing so far. I feel like this is a major issue that needs to be resolved. If anybody has any other suggestions, I am open to them.

#18 TrampekTheShoe

Rookie

• 9 posts

Posted 11 July 2014 - 03:29 AM

View PostTrent Leslie, on 10 July 2014 - 04:50 PM, said:

To add another voice to this issue (hopefully inspiring others to do the same and flesh out exactly how many people this is affecting), I have the same problem. For about two months (at least), I have been having issues starting the game. The client loads just fine, I input my information, hit login, and then nothing. I might occasionally get a hint of the menu music, but it never connects. There is no error screen, it just closes.

I have uninstalled and re-installed the client at least four times now, following all of the directions given by Piranha, and it has not worked at all. Everything is up-to-date. It's not an issue with my laptop, as I have been able to play the game for about a year before this, but I am running Windows 8.1 (if that is indeed the cause).

I don't know what else to do about this other than complain at this point. I am very frustrated that the fifty dollars I spent on a Dire Wolf has been for almost nothing so far. I feel like this is a major issue that needs to be resolved. If anybody has any other suggestions, I am open to them.

Trent, I'm afraid that in the current state of matters there's nothing you can really do.

From all the other ''crash on login'' threads that I read, I came to a conclusion. There's enough evidence to surely say that this is a Windows 8.1 issue, because from all the people with a similar issue only the 8.1 users get affected this very way. I arleady opened a support ticket stating the cause and omicron details, hope this does something. Get as many people affected with this to report that and the support will start trying to fix it.

Edited by TrampekTheShoe, 11 July 2014 - 03:31 AM.

#19 Celegrim

• PipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • 21 posts
  • LocationMissouri

Posted 11 July 2014 - 11:00 PM

Just an update on my personal attempts, the compatibility settings that are available don't solve anything (it was worth a try).

#20 ChainLightng

Rookie

• 1 posts

Posted 13 July 2014 - 03:50 PM

Well I've become a Mechwarrior Online trouble shooting expert since my first attempt at starting the game thursday. It's sunday and I'm retiring with never having gotten past the Mechlab loading screen. Yes I uninstalled. Yes I reinstalled. Yes I ran the fixer. Yes I updated all 20 different individual little windows files that were suggested as a fix for this issue, yes dx9, yes netframework4 yes yes yes. Still, no good. Great game... to watch on youtube...

Pro tip for the developers. Error codex! Learn to make them. Nobody should need an advanced certification in computer enginering in order to get your sloppy product to function.

Windows 7, i5-3450@3.10GHz, 12GB ram, 64-bit OS, GPU works great for everything else.

Edited by ChainLightng, 13 July 2014 - 03:57 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users