181 replies to this topic

#1 Mechwarrior Buddah

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 13,459 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 19 June 2012 - 08:20 PM

Im still up in the air as to what house Ill want to work for and starting threads to ask WHY I should work for (or pledge to if I decide on one house over another)

SO... WHY Liao?

#2 Two Beans

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 315 posts
  • LocationDa Innur Speer

Posted 19 June 2012 - 08:33 PM

View Post514yer, on 19 June 2012 - 08:20 PM, said:

Im still up in the air as to what house Ill want to work for and starting threads to ask WHY I should work for (or pledge to if I decide on one house over another)

SO... WHY Liao?

Oh this'll be good.

#3 Harabec Weathers

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 277 posts
  • LocationOlympus Mons, Mars

Posted 19 June 2012 - 09:03 PM

Because Liao is the underdog faction of the Great Houses. An interesting nation that has been reduced to mustache-twirling caricature via novels. Its the least popular and will have fewer people joining it, meaning more opponents to fight, a greater challenge(?) and greater Glory when Liao reverse the 4th succession war.

Because we're gonna run over the Davion border, take back all those lovely planets, and give the citizens what they've missed for so long; free healthcare and reeducation.

#4 Daidachi

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Clamps
  • The Clamps
  • 461 posts
  • LocationThe Andromeda Initiative

Posted 19 June 2012 - 09:06 PM

The challenge. Take the red headed stepchild of the game, and win against the odds and superior numbers.

#5 Mickcha212

Rookie

• 1 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 19 June 2012 - 09:11 PM

why wont i get a beta key already.. ive been waiting for 2 months now to join Liao in the glorious fight to overthrow our peers and yet no beta key! why has thou forsaken me Dev's!

#6 Mechwarrior Buddah

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 13,459 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 19 June 2012 - 09:16 PM

View PostHarabec Weathers, on 19 June 2012 - 09:03 PM, said:

Because Liao is the underdog faction of the Great Houses. An interesting nation that has been reduced to mustache-twirling caricature via novels. Its the least popular and will have fewer people joining it, meaning more opponents to fight, a greater challenge(?) and greater Glory when Liao reverse the 4th succession war.

Because we're gonna run over the Davion border, take back all those lovely planets, and give the citizens what they've missed for so long; free healthcare and reeducation.

I dunno; given the Goons in EVE are what 10+k strong? I dont think Liao will be the least amount by any measure given theyre going here O.o

#7 Harabec Weathers

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 277 posts

Posted 19 June 2012 - 09:24 PM

There will be FAR less Goons playing MWO than EVE. Also, while Goonswarm Federation [CONDI] does consist of dozens of corporations and thousands of characters (4000+ in Goonwaffe Corp alone!), the alliance consist of not only Something Awful but several other internet forums as well (such as Ars Technica and Penny Arcade, off the top of my head). Also EVE players are frequently over-invested, diehard-crazy and most players (especially the kind that join 0.0 empires) maintain multiple characters/accounts per player, often shocking numbers, I've heard of guys who have a dozen accounts (I had two Chartacters/accounts in my time in MERCH, the Penny Arcade Corp). So really take all those numbers and divide them by, oh.... six or ten.

Anyways. If you really want to play the smallguy underdog and feel Goon presence disqualifies Liao, try house Marik. The Free Worlds League is nearly as unpopular, and for a much sadder reason. While Liao is villified and reduced to the evil badguy in most novels, the FWL... just kinda gets ignored much of the time. Poor guys. :)

#8 Orkdung

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Butcher
  • The Butcher
  • 296 posts
  • LocationCCAF Sian

Posted 19 June 2012 - 10:10 PM

+1 Harabec's reply.

#9 Irish79

• PipPipPip
  • 84 posts
  • LocationSydney, Australia

Posted 19 June 2012 - 10:22 PM

why join Liao? So you can join the Magistry of Canopus Pleasure Circus Military Arm, it means you have to wave the green flag but you can be arm in arm with 3 women while you do it after a short hop in a jumpship out to the periphery...and the snazzy green uniform is slimming..

Edited by Irish79, 19 June 2012 - 11:33 PM.

#10 Tsunamisan

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,568 posts

Posted 19 June 2012 - 10:31 PM

choos the house which resonates to your own ideals thats what House Liao will be. It grants another option for individuality. So the player can choose what they really want instead of being forced into ome of th other houses that may not fit what they stand for.

Edited by Tsunamisan, 19 June 2012 - 10:33 PM.

#11 Lord Zarth Mast

Rookie

• 1 posts

Posted 19 June 2012 - 10:36 PM

I just hope they include the vulture and the madcat to the mech line up.

#12 hydrix

• PipPipPip
  • 52 posts
  • LocationMech cockpit

Posted 19 June 2012 - 10:48 PM

We have the nicest and most talented people ofcourse :).

#13 Harabec Weathers

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 277 posts

Posted 19 June 2012 - 10:58 PM

View PostLord Zarth Mast, on 19 June 2012 - 10:36 PM, said:

I just hope they include the vulture and the madcat to the mech line up.

You're funny, I like you.

#14 Third Flower

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 205 posts

Posted 20 June 2012 - 03:43 AM

Liao is only four letters, so it is easy to write! Hope this was a boon for you :D

#15 Felidae

• PipPip
  • 49 posts
  • LocationSian, Queensland, Australia

Posted 20 June 2012 - 04:14 AM

If all the above mentioned is not yet enough to sway you towards Liao, consider that we have (IMHO) the most awesome military elite unit of the Inner Sphere: Death Commandos (http://www.sarna.net...Death_Commandos) and if even that is not enough .... well the house emblem colour GREEN is most defniatly the coolest and beats all others :D !

#16 Adridos

• Bridesmaid
  • 10,635 posts
  • LocationHiding in a cake, left in green city called New A... something.

Posted 20 June 2012 - 06:12 AM

View PostHarabec Weathers, on 19 June 2012 - 09:24 PM, said:

Anyways. If you really want to play the smallguy underdog and feel Goon presence disqualifies Liao, try house Marik. The Free Worlds League is nearly as unpopular, and for a much sadder reason. While Liao is villified and reduced to the evil badguy in most novels, the FWL... just kinda gets ignored much of the time. Poor guys. :wacko:

That itself would at least givwe them space to create their own stories, not based on some stupid Stackpolian stereotypes, but they got attention... during Jihad. :D

#17 Alizabeth Aijou

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 877 posts

Posted 20 June 2012 - 06:16 AM

Because of Lowbucks and Tentax and such, obviously.

#18 Aegic

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 476 posts
  • LocationHouston

Posted 20 June 2012 - 06:17 AM

So you could oppress your own people! Duh!

#19 Magnificent Fartlord

• PipPipPip
  • 57 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationYEAH SUP

Posted 20 June 2012 - 06:25 AM

youve made tihs thread in every house forum.

trying to play each house against each other EH?

you were made for this house. I can tell. you will do great things here

#20 Adridos

• Bridesmaid
  • 10,635 posts
  • LocationHiding in a cake, left in green city called New A... something.

Posted 20 June 2012 - 07:28 AM

View Postmagnificent fartlord, on 20 June 2012 - 06:25 AM, said:

youve made tihs thread in every house forum.

trying to play each house against each other EH?

No...he's a merc. Liting how much will you pay him for a successful mission should be enough to convince him. :(

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users