50 Timber Wolf Gold Khan Collections Remaining

846 replies to this topic

#1 InnerSphereNews

• Developer
  • Developer
  • 2,773 posts

Posted 24 April 2014 - 03:47 PM

Gold Khan Collections are exclusive Clan Collections that include a Premium BattleMech with a unique Golden Camo Pattern, in addition to our most popular Masakari Clan Collection.

As of Thursday April 24 2014, there are only 50 Timber Wolf Gold Khan Collections remaining, and when they’re gone, they’re gone!

Pre-order a Gold Khan Collection to become part of MechWarrior history on June 17. http://mwomercs.com/clans
See the Frequently Asked Questions for more information on Gold Khan and standard Clan Collections. http://mwomercs.com/...ollections-faq/

#2 Roadbeer

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • 8,160 posts
  • LocationWazan, Zion Cluster

Posted 24 April 2014 - 03:50 PM

Posted Image

#3 shellashock

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Little Helper
  • 439 posts

Not sure if allowed to ask, but how many Gold Timber Wolf Collections were there from the start?

#4 BLOOD WOLF

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Jaws
  • The Jaws
  • 6,368 posts
  • Locationnowhere

only 50? so im guessing out of the 50 you started with only 50 are left? JK, just kidding. Those sure do look sweet, now i wish i really could get one.

#5 101011

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Infernal
  • The Infernal
  • 1,393 posts
  • LocationSector ZZ9 Plural Z Alpha, on a small blue-green planet orbiting a small, unregarded yellow sun.

Hmmm...is it just me, or does the Timber Wolf in the picture have its arms pointing in separate directions?

Edited by 101011, 24 April 2014 - 03:51 PM.

#6 TheCaptainJZ

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The CyberKnight
  • The CyberKnight
  • 3,655 posts
  • LocationUnited States

Posted 24 April 2014 - 03:52 PM

I still think it's goofy to put an alleged "only x number of things" on a digital good that you can copy as many times as you want, but I realize it's just a marketing ploy in this context ;)

#7 101011

• The Infernal
  • The Infernal
  • 1,393 posts
  • LocationSector ZZ9 Plural Z Alpha, on a small blue-green planet orbiting a small, unregarded yellow sun.

Posted 24 April 2014 - 03:56 PM

To some extent, it is exactly what they are doing with Inception/Phoenix/Revival 'Mechs. There are only a certain amount that will ever be produced, and once they stop selling them, they are exclusive. Gold 'Mechs more so.

#8 Jabilo

• Philanthropist
  • 1,047 posts

Posted 24 April 2014 - 03:57 PM

View Postshellashock, on 24 April 2014 - 03:50 PM, said:

Not sure if allowed to ask, but how many Gold Timber Wolf Collections were there from the start?

#9 Lucian Nostra

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 1,659 posts

Posted 24 April 2014 - 04:01 PM

Wow.. only FIFTY left?

That doesn't sound like some limited item to me.. especially when you know the Timberwolf is the one they sold the most of..

I was really considering buying the Gold Direwolf a while back. Im a huge fan of the Chassis and I was thinking it was going to be something special ya know?

Prolly only a handfull in the game.. but if FIFTY is running out... wow.. so glad I never fell for the "limited quantity" shit, really it's just about stating you dropped an extra $240 than you needed

Edited by Lucian Nostra, 24 April 2014 - 04:14 PM.

#10 FlipOver

• Bad Company
  • 1,135 posts
  • LocationIsland Continent of Galicia, Poznan

Posted 24 April 2014 - 04:01 PM

Posted Image

#11 TheCaptainJZ

• The CyberKnight
  • The CyberKnight
  • 3,655 posts
  • LocationUnited States

Posted 24 April 2014 - 04:02 PM

I wonder more whether the uller gold pack sold at all. I mean, you could have a gold timberwolf, or a gold uller.

#12 Blitzace

• Pip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 11 posts

Posted 24 April 2014 - 04:08 PM

There is only one reason they did this, marketing. Make it seem desirable by saying there are only so many, or that you have only so much time to buy it. Gives it a sense of urgency. My feelings are summed up quite nicely by this article here. http://www.forbes.co...0-golden-mechs/

#13 101011

• The Infernal
  • The Infernal
  • 1,393 posts

Posted 24 April 2014 - 04:10 PM

Funny, I was not offended by the golden 'Mechs. If people want to buy them, they can go ahead. Why complain about them supporting this game?

#14 KGB GRU

• PipPipPip
  • Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 64 posts

Posted 24 April 2014 - 04:13 PM

Face palm marketing team. One would imagine given the price it would be limited by default and doesnt need some sort of artifical limited run thrown in our faces >.>

Please spend more time getting the details about what people are condsidering buying or have already bought supporting you I.e. Clan packages with details. Were less than 2 months away, the details should already be ironed out enough to share. Warhorns? Extra modules? Targeting computers? Half of the clan tech?

#15 Zergax

• PipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 33 posts

Posted 24 April 2014 - 04:13 PM

What in the name of god and all things holy is this abobination!?!?

#16 Duncan Aravain

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 416 posts
  • LocationBehind you with a sharp tool...er,mech

Posted 24 April 2014 - 04:15 PM

Are there bulk discounts?...................

#17 GrandLocomon

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 498 posts
  • LocationWestern Australia

Posted 24 April 2014 - 04:18 PM

It looks like easter egg wrapper LOL.... I'd still want one though, but I'd rather have golden kit fox muahahahaha!

#18 Malcolm Vordermark

• 2,520 posts

Posted 24 April 2014 - 04:19 PM

Well this settles two of the more valid complaints I've seen raised about the gold mechs. First, the claim they were limited without actually stating the limit and second what the gold skin actually looks like.

I'm not about to buy one but I see no reason to be upset by something being sold so long as it is purely cosmetic.

#19 WVAnonymous

• Wrath
  • Wrath
  • 1,691 posts
  • LocationEvery world has a South Bay. That's where I am.

If only you could resell them to other players. Someone could corner the market!

#20 Armored Yokai

• IS Exemplar
  • IS Exemplar
  • 1,949 posts
  • LocationHouston,TX

So much shiny instant target on target list

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users