Nice sale, wish MM was working. :rolleyes:

#3 Koniving

Welcoming Committee

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Guide
  • The Guide
  • 23,384 posts

Posted 29 April 2014 - 02:49 PM

I'm not having trouble with MM, but I gotta say players are easy to butcher now. Saw an Atlas drop in less than 7 seconds against my Banshee. Left side, right side, center. Just utterly butchered a brawler and had him backing off scared then tore the Muromets apart next to him in 4. Check it out.

O.o; But that said... Why not push more of the Clans instead of random sales? It's a big money making thingy and if I were gonna spend money any of the packages are 100% superior to any 50% sale that could be thrown at me. I mean I got the other two. The reason its having any trouble selling (if it is at all) is that all the information pumped out about Clan weapons are only found on the NGNG podcast. No public announcement, no specific mention, no command chair post... no mention of whether or not tech can be mixed (in the official standpoint; twitter doesn't count). Just an ongoing list of information we could use.

That said both of these mechs are good for ballistics. But better to go the champion route if you're spending .

#4 East Indy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 1,207 posts
  • LocationPacifica Training School, waiting for BakPhar shares to rise

Posted 29 April 2014 - 03:02 PM

View PostKoniving, on 29 April 2014 - 02:49 PM, said:

Why not push more of the Clans instead of random sales? It's a big money making thingy and if I were gonna spend money any of the packages are 100% superior to any 50% sale that could be thrown at me.

Two reasons, the first more likely than the second.

Rolling discounts are good at eventually matching with needs/wants of customers who sometimes are and sometimes aren't paying attention. Moreover these products have immediacy — if I really want a CTF-2X to round out my shelf, I'll jump when I see it. The player base is large enough that many of us don't have complete sets.

The second reason is that demand for Clan merchandise may be low through no fault of PGI/IGP. Personally, I want to support the game but can't bring myself to spend money on 'Mechs I don't care for. The Clans just bore me; wish it weren't that way, but it is at least for now. If that sentiment is at all representative of others — who are more into BattleTech for old-school House stuff — it means those sales just won't perform as well.

#5 Gyrok

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Star Colonel III
  • Star Colonel III
  • 5,879 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationPeriphery of the Inner Sphere, moving toward the core worlds with each passing day.

Posted 29 April 2014 - 03:08 PM

LOL...that is nice, nerf the bajeezus out of the victor and AC2s and put the variant on sale for MC 50% off that ran 3xAC2? haha...you probably could not give that one away right now...

Edited by Gyrok, 29 April 2014 - 03:09 PM.

#6 dario03

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Galaxy Commander
  • 3,621 posts

Posted 29 April 2014 - 05:37 PM

Sooooo..... does this mean the Dragon Slayer will go on sale this weekend???

Please say yes.

Pretty prease :lol:

#7 Maaxxx

• PipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 72 posts

Posted 29 April 2014 - 06:35 PM

Those two where exactly the ones I was saving C-Bills for... nice :lol:

#8 Kelev Ra

• PipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 89 posts
  • LocationIsrael

Posted 29 April 2014 - 08:19 PM

View PostMaaxxx, on 29 April 2014 - 06:35 PM, said:

Those two where exactly the ones I was saving C-Bills for... nice :P

You need MC = real money, Not C-Bills.
Yeah..nice...really nice.

#9 White Bear 84

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 3,857 posts

Posted 29 April 2014 - 08:40 PM

View PostKoniving, on 29 April 2014 - 02:49 PM, said:

That said both of these mechs are good for ballistics. But better to go the champion route if you're spending .

I suspect this will be case for most of the mechs right???

#10 Koniving

Welcoming Committee

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Guide
  • The Guide
  • 23,384 posts

Posted 29 April 2014 - 08:43 PM

View PostWhite Bear 84, on 29 April 2014 - 08:40 PM, said:

I suspect this will be case for most of the mechs right???

100% of the time because that gives you the upgrading shortcuts for pennies on the dollar more.

So when they're on sale, look out!

#11 Smedlee

• PipPipPip
  • Wrath
  • Wrath
  • 58 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 30 April 2014 - 04:33 AM

So the VTR-9B is supposed to be on sale today right? It does not appear to be. What the flock?

#12 Smudge504

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Warrior
  • The Warrior
  • 101 posts
  • LocationNewcaslte Upon Tyne

Posted 30 April 2014 - 04:38 AM

everything happens at 10AM PDT.. the switch will probably happen then

#13 Smedlee

• PipPipPip
  • Wrath
  • Wrath
  • 58 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 30 April 2014 - 04:57 AM

Ahh, PGI in it's own private time zone. PGI there are things called computers that have clocks. They can be programmed to do things at advertised times.

#14 SpiralFace

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Devoted
  • The Devoted
  • 1,151 posts
  • LocationAlshain

Posted 30 April 2014 - 05:01 AM

Yeah, but one of the things it can't do is QA a sales push before it gets pushed live.

Some things require a human touch, hence why you need to push patches and sales during office hours. If things go wrong, you need someone there to apply hotfixes or emergency measures.

Unless you guys want to risk a situation like yesterday where the update broke the game. Only where you would have to wait till 10 / 11 Pacific time for a fix to be applied instead of waiting 10 minutes like yesterday.

#15 Smedlee

• PipPipPip
  • Wrath
  • Wrath
  • 58 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 30 April 2014 - 08:26 AM

High risk to change a couple of numbers on a timer like when the date changes.

#16 Smedlee

• PipPipPip
  • Wrath
  • Wrath
  • 58 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 30 April 2014 - 10:14 AM

They finally change the price in mid-afternoon, but it is only the MC price. The ad says 50% off. It does not specify just the MC price. I call BS. I guess I learned few things today, and I am disappointed.

#17 Ebonkosh

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 120 posts
  • Locationwashington dc

Posted 30 April 2014 - 05:17 PM

If PGI wants my real money aka MC then they better put Hero mechs on sale and not these 50% off of normal variants BS. If the mechs were 50% off cbill price then that would be good. I understand they need to make money but the bundles they have are sad. Each bundle needs 2-3mil more cbills and 7 days more prem time added to them. Make colors 70% less andhey will sell a lot more. same goes for all patterns and cockpit stuff.

I like the MM changes since it makes pugs better matched. Where are the new maps? Where is the clan tags? corp tags, faction house tags? These things should be in the game already.

Anyone know what the whole point of holding territory will be in this game?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users