#102 Aidan

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 542 posts
  • LocationFlorida, USA

Posted 20 November 2011 - 10:54 AM

View PostKay Wolf, on 18 November 2011 - 08:36 PM, said:

Yeah, but Aidan, I don't know if you've been to the CryENGINE 3 page, but ANYONE can download the ENTIRE engine -and it's a huge download- for free, as long as it's going to be used for FREE TO PLAY projects, such as MWO. I've never seen that, before, but my sons have been working with Blender and other 3D programs and programming programs -I don't know what they're called- so I thought it best to take a look and see if that would be anything they would want to do and, unless my English reading software don't work, anymore, what I just said is what it is. (shrugs, smiles)

Kay Wolf,

I am not privy to the Crytek and Piranha Games Inc. negotiations but I would bet a dime to a dollar that Crytek is not giving CryENGINE3 to PGI for free. Crytek has already conducted training on CE3 for the Piranha Devs. I am mostly sure this is a complete package with CE3 licensee fees, training for CE3, and on-going technical support. And I have a sneaking suspicion who was influential in PGI going with CE3.

#103 Threat Doc

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Bowman
  • The Bowman
  • 3,715 posts
  • LocationO'Shaughnnessy MMW Base, Devon Continent, Rochester, FedCom

Posted 20 November 2011 - 11:39 AM

Aidan, I didn't say anything about the CE3/PGI deal, just that it's available for free download. For all I know you're absolutely right, and I would actually bet on it, that CE is going to make money more from tech support, training, etc., as you've said than for any outright sale of the engine.

Oh, and you don't have to Kay Wolf me, hehe... Colonel or Kay or The Wolf will do alright. :)

Edited by Kay Wolf, 20 November 2011 - 11:40 AM.

#104 pcunite

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 274 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 20 November 2011 - 04:55 PM

This game is going to be EPIC ... :)

#105 Brakkyn

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 370 posts

Posted 20 November 2011 - 05:32 PM

People will be crapping bricks seeing missiles flying at their cockpit/computer monitor with this engine running MechWarrior.

As a side note, every time I hear the word "benchmark" a year is cut from my lifespan.

#106 NateDrezzaye

Rookie

• 1 posts

Posted 21 November 2011 - 12:42 AM

Wow this is Great News! With the Cry Engine 3 and its Beautifull Rendering, Animation and Sound Qulity Effects system! this Game is for shure goin too be Off The Hook! I'm sooo Excited! :)

#107 CSFSebbo

Rookie

• 1 posts

Posted 21 November 2011 - 11:14 AM

IM CANT WAIT!!!!!

Edited by CSFSebbo, 21 November 2011 - 11:15 AM.

#108 TheUncle

• PipPipPip
  • Big Brother
  • 96 posts

Posted 21 November 2011 - 03:14 PM

guys who of you actually played Crysis 2 on PC?
Because for me it's one of the few games which runs very decent on my native resolution (there isn't a lot of others which still do sadly) and is also the one which looks the best.
Honestly I was really pleasantly surprised and since then think CryEngine 3 is actually not bad at all.
Sure you can turn on DX11 and all it's goodies - then you might need to buy a new PC, but even on the lowest settings there is not a whole lot of difference and it still looks great.

All the people suggesting buying a new Computer or saying "oh I need to upgrade my computer", you might want to wait before you do so.
Crysis 2 actually ran a lot bettern than Crysis 1 (Crysis 2 on "Extreme" brings me better Framerates than Crysis 1 on "Very High") and my Ati 4850 seriously is not the newest card.

So yeah - obviously the best thing is just to wait and see how it turns out, but since it's free to play I can't really imagine them releasing a game nobody is able to play.

#109 Black Mamba

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 231 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 21 November 2011 - 05:31 PM

View PostTheUncle, on 21 November 2011 - 03:14 PM, said:

guys who of you actually played Crysis 2 on PC?
Because for me it's one of the few games which runs very decent on my native resolution (there isn't a lot of others which still do sadly) and is also the one which looks the best.
Honestly I was really pleasantly surprised and since then think CryEngine 3 is actually not bad at all.
Sure you can turn on DX11 and all it's goodies - then you might need to buy a new PC, but even on the lowest settings there is not a whole lot of difference and it still looks great.

All the people suggesting buying a new Computer or saying "oh I need to upgrade my computer", you might want to wait before you do so.
Crysis 2 actually ran a lot bettern than Crysis 1 (Crysis 2 on "Extreme" brings me better Framerates than Crysis 1 on "Very High") and my Ati 4850 seriously is not the newest card.

So yeah - obviously the best thing is just to wait and see how it turns out, but since it's free to play I can't really imagine them releasing a game nobody is able to play.

I got a fairly medium - high end computer and it runs Crysis 2 at 60+fps on Extreme settings, a notch below the maximum. The game looks and runs fabulous, much better optimizations compared to Crysis 1. Why i don't play on maximum is because i like having a consistent fps than an erratic one.

#110 Tibs

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • 229 posts
  • Locationohio

Posted 21 November 2011 - 05:47 PM

glad i put newest card in computer now just need up my ram ") :lol:

#111 Dsi1

• PipPipPip
  • 88 posts

Posted 22 November 2011 - 01:39 AM

View PostKay Wolf, on 18 November 2011 - 08:36 PM, said:

Yeah, but Aidan, I don't know if you've been to the CryENGINE 3 page, but ANYONE can download the ENTIRE engine -and it's a huge download- for free, as long as it's going to be used for FREE TO PLAY projects, such as MWO. I've never seen that, before, but my sons have been working with Blender and other 3D programs and programming programs -I don't know what they're called- so I thought it best to take a look and see if that would be anything they would want to do and, unless my English reading software don't work, anymore, what I just said is what it is. (shrugs, smiles)

There is a huge difference between an actual free project and a "free to play" game.

If you can make money off of it then you have to be a licensee. And "free to play" is by no means free.

#112 VEDRFOLNIR

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 154 posts
  • LocationMidwest USA

Posted 22 November 2011 - 02:18 AM

Looks impressive. Looks really, really(!!!) impressive.

I have no doubt I'll need to upgrade my PC - and that's fine by me. I have 8 months to save up, scrounge for pennies behind the couch and so forth.

#113 BumbleBee

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 527 posts

Posted 22 November 2011 - 04:11 AM

For those complaining about requirements, I was able to run MWLL on my last rig at ~25fps on mostly medium settings (varied between low and high for different settings, but mostly medium). Not the best FPS, but still pretty playable and just plain pretty to boot.

That was on a Pentium 4 3.2GHz, 2GB DDR400 RAM and a 9600GT 512MB GPU running on XP Home Edition. A relatively old machine. The GPU was the only thing less than 5yrs old at the time.

Edited by bumblebee, 22 November 2011 - 04:17 AM.

#114 Kaemon

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,924 posts
  • LocationMN

Posted 22 November 2011 - 06:47 AM

It's a bit early to start complaining about requirements, when the game itself will have almost as much to do with performance issues as the game engine.

Proper 'optimal' coding and sufficient hardware/network implementation will be key, as will the knowledge of the player (you know, not playing at an internet cafe with reduced bandwidth, using a cable when possible instead of wireless, etc...).

Hell, half the time they need a few rounds of 'performance' tuning in the data centers for the networking/hardware where the servers are housed, I've seen some horrid setups in some of these places.

I'm sure the devs would rather have you pump $1000 into the game than into a new rig to play it.

#115 Garth Erlam

• 2,756 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • YouTube: Link
  • LocationVancouver, BC

Posted 22 November 2011 - 04:55 PM

I'm not saying this is exactly what the specs will be, but this link for Crysis 2 has the min specs. Looking at them they seem to be quite attainable with even 5 year old hardware.

#116 Threat Doc

• The Bowman
  • The Bowman
  • 3,715 posts

Posted 22 November 2011 - 09:18 PM

Yeah, I will have to get, at least a nasty-hot video card. The recommendation given on the nVidia site was the GeForce GTX 550 Ti or higher. Anyone have experience with that, or a better, relatively inexpensive alternative. I have a 9400 in my machine, now, and though it registers what I need to be able to play the game, CYRI still says the card fails. So, I could probably play Crysis 2 on it, but it might not be as pretty as I'd like.

#117 Garth Erlam

• 2,756 posts
  • YouTube: Link
  • LocationVancouver, BC

Posted 23 November 2011 - 08:39 AM

What kind of money are you looking to spend?

#118 maxx2504

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 191 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 23 November 2011 - 08:46 AM

Hi !
Hopefully the mech animations are not so bad like in MW:LL. The mechwalk isn't dynamic there. Only the legs move but the Torso not. Looks so weird. If the animations are crappy like this in MWO, i don't play this game <_<

Also i dont hope they include this ****** weapon modular system. Has nothing to do with a real battlemech.

maxx

#119 Night Hawk

• PipPipPip
  • 62 posts
  • LocationKentucky

Posted 23 November 2011 - 09:09 AM

They have the full code base to cry engine 3. I doubt very seriously that the animations will be bad. They can do things with the engine that the MWLL people could not. Like create a entire mech system from the ground up without having to hack together things like MWLL had to.

As for a weapon modular system I hope they do add that.. Being able to visually see what a opponent has on his unit is very nice. And lets you know what to aim at first.

Either way there is no reason why they should not be able to create a full dynamic mech system on CE3. They have full and complete access to all the code. And would be able to do things that MWLL can only dream of.

#120 Threat Doc

• The Bowman
  • The Bowman
  • 3,715 posts

Posted 23 November 2011 - 09:22 AM

View PostGarth Erlam, on 23 November 2011 - 08:39 AM, said:

What kind of money are you looking to spend?
Sorry I missed you earlier. Right now, none. I've been unemployed 61 weeks, 62 this Friday -I had to recount- and the jobs are pretty scarce out here for what I am able to do. We're trying to move, but we're going to have to receive help from somewhere to do so. Production Control jobs, and clerical jobs like them are pretty scarce, I'm afraid. So, it will have to wait until I have money. Oh, and an Income tax return isn't going to help because I've been on Unemployment Insurance all year. I hate social programs but, in this instance, it's the only way I've been able to keep a roof over our heads.

Hmmm, 401st post... this one... I'm never this prolific, except on my own forums.

Edited by Kay Wolf, 23 November 2011 - 09:23 AM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users