182 replies to this topic

#81 Threat Doc

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Bowman
  • The Bowman
  • 3,715 posts
  • LocationO'Shaughnnessy MMW Base, Devon Continent, Rochester, FedCom

Posted 18 November 2011 - 07:17 AM

I absolutely love the music in these videos... ehhh, the rest is good, too. j/k If these are the sort of graphics going into MWO... man, everything depends. I still have to wait and see, despite how awesome everything is I've seen.

#82 CoffiNail

Oathmaster

• The Cub
  • The Cub
  • 4,285 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationSome place with other Ghost Bears. A dropship or planet, who knows. ((Winnipeg,MB))

Posted 18 November 2011 - 07:18 AM

That is a shexy video... this will be a dame shexy game!

#83 Kaemon

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,924 posts
  • LocationMN

Posted 18 November 2011 - 07:28 AM

In case anyone is interested in comparing some of the game engines.
http://www.esenthel.com/?id=compar

I'm more interested in the optimization/performance of the game, then the announcement of the engine, I'm glad it's a current (but expensivo) iteration, but really for me on a 3+ year old computer, it will make marginal differences as I'll be running in a reduced capacity regardless.

And let's not do an underwater scenario, let's just add water to a current map and the ability to use it to advance under cover (cause nothing will make you need a change of drawers like seeing Atlai come up out of the water in front of you).

#84 Major Nads

Rookie

• 2 posts
  • LocationFlorida

Posted 18 November 2011 - 07:52 AM

where is the link to sign up for the beta?

#85 Threat Doc

• The Bowman
  • The Bowman
  • 3,715 posts

Posted 18 November 2011 - 08:13 AM

View PostCoffiNail, on 18 November 2011 - 07:18 AM, said:

That is a shexy video... this will be a dame shexy game!
Yes, Mr. Connery, but will this be your Moneypenny, always in reach, never available? :)

View PostMajor Nads, on 18 November 2011 - 07:52 AM, said:

where is the link to sign up for the beta?
No beta sign-up yet, Major. I had seen a couple of mentions about no button, but signed up anyway, around the forums, but Piranha is not yet ready for beta.

#86 1SgtChuckie

• PipPip
  • The Mercenary
  • The Mercenary
  • 35 posts
  • LocationVirginia

Posted 18 November 2011 - 08:31 AM

View Postroundtop, on 17 November 2011 - 11:03 AM, said:

I hope there will be some love for us using laptops that are not screaming fast gaming systems (Only somewhat decent). I want to enjoy Mechwarrior, but won't put out $1500 for the pleasure. The Crytek engine is known for pushing the specs of graphics cards.

Mechwarrior since its inception was ALWAYS known as the Game that pushed the Video Cards.. seemed you knew DirectX7 or 8 or whatever was aroudn the corner when a new Mech Game was annouced.

That said I am sure you will be able to cut down on the grpahics to make it playable. Thats the genius that is the CryTEK engine. You could play FarCry on a simple machine or ramp up the graphics on a high end one.

#87 MaddMaxx

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 5,911 posts
  • LocationNova Scotia, Canada

Posted 18 November 2011 - 10:18 AM

That is so weird. My last Mech, before it was retired, was designated RTG-611. Wasn't as shiny as that 610 but 76 battle hours on a chassis will do that eh. :)

#88 Major Nads

Rookie

• 2 posts
  • LocationFlorida

Posted 18 November 2011 - 10:53 AM

tyvm for your response kay

#89 Threat Doc

• The Bowman
  • The Bowman
  • 3,715 posts

Posted 18 November 2011 - 11:37 AM

<S> You're very welcome and, as long as I'm around (ahem), I'll be happy to answer more. Have a good one, all... not sure I'll be able to be on the rest of today.

#90 Boeduur

Rookie

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 8 posts

Posted 18 November 2011 - 12:38 PM

I hate to be a downer, but this announcement was actually a bit of a disappointment for me.

As I've watched the details of this game be released (post-singleplayer change), I've seen it turn more and more into MWLL. With the inclusion of the CE3, I am beginning to wonder why this game is being created at all.

Yes, its wonderful that a mechwarrior game is getting dedicated development by a true design company, because it means a speedier polished release. But the MWLL team has thus far done an excellent job, and I have no doubt will continue to do so as they proceed with their development. Which, I might add, includes every feature I have seen announced to date for MWO (all having been on the lists for MWLL for a year).

Why not put the resources into creating a NEW, different, kind of Mechwarrior game (go back to the singleplayer storyline game, with a multiplayer component)? Don't waste resources remaking the wheel. Or, don't fix what ain't broke...

#91 SilentWolff

• The God of Death
  • The God of Death
  • 2,174 posts
  • LocationNew Las Vegas

Posted 18 November 2011 - 12:46 PM

The news just keeps getting better and better. MWO with the cry3 engine=drool
Good thing I just built a new system. MWO with graphics settings set to Ultra here I come!

#92 Red Beard

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 845 posts

Posted 18 November 2011 - 03:50 PM

View Posthelmer, on 17 November 2011 - 12:10 PM, said:

Start selling anyways. That way closer to release you can upgrade your system. Why worry about min specs, shoot for ULTRA settings.

Sell Blood and Plasma. You have roughly 9 months.... Go.

I agree. I always tend to overdo the basic needs. As long as I get my snickerdoodle cookie afterwards, I am ok.

#93 Red Beard

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 845 posts

Posted 18 November 2011 - 03:52 PM

View PostBoeduur, on 18 November 2011 - 12:38 PM, said:

I hate to be a downer, but this announcement was actually a bit of a disappointment for me.

As I've watched the details of this game be released (post-singleplayer change), I've seen it turn more and more into MWLL. With the inclusion of the CE3, I am beginning to wonder why this game is being created at all.

Yes, its wonderful that a mechwarrior game is getting dedicated development by a true design company, because it means a speedier polished release. But the MWLL team has thus far done an excellent job, and I have no doubt will continue to do so as they proceed with their development. Which, I might add, includes every feature I have seen announced to date for MWO (all having been on the lists for MWLL for a year).

Why not put the resources into creating a NEW, different, kind of Mechwarrior game (go back to the singleplayer storyline game, with a multiplayer component)? Don't waste resources remaking the wheel. Or, don't fix what ain't broke...

Smite this cretin. Smite him now.

#94 Tweaks

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 959 posts
  • LocationLaval, Quebec, Canada

Posted 18 November 2011 - 05:13 PM

View PostBoeduur, on 18 November 2011 - 12:38 PM, said:

MWLL is a MOD, so it's bound to the mechanics of Crysis, which is NOT adapted to a vehicle simulation-style game. The physics in MWLL is actually aweful! On top of it, they are using CryENGINE2, which is far less optimized, fast and beautiful than CryENGINE3.

MWO won't be any of that! Thank God!

#95 Aidan

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 542 posts
  • LocationFlorida, USA

Posted 18 November 2011 - 08:05 PM

View PostTweaks, on 18 November 2011 - 05:13 PM, said:

MWLL is a MOD, so it's bound to the mechanics of Crysis, which is NOT adapted to a vehicle simulation-style game. The physics in MWLL is actually aweful! On top of it, they are using CryENGINE2, which is far less optimized, fast and beautiful than CryENGINE3.

MWO won't be any of that! Thank God!

Tweaks,

The MWLL Dev team is not a full licensee of CryENGINE2. So much of the programming code visible to a full licensee is not visible to the MWLL Dev team. Nonetheless, the MWLL Dev team has done a wonderful job in overcoming these limitations. They have been very creative in working around the problems of limited CryENGINE2 visibility. Of course, I assume Piranha Games Studio is a full licensee of CryENGINE3 and will therefore have full vision into the engine with additional training and tech support from Crytek.

#96 Threat Doc

• The Bowman
  • The Bowman
  • 3,715 posts

Posted 18 November 2011 - 08:36 PM

Yeah, but Aidan, I don't know if you've been to the CryENGINE 3 page, but ANYONE can download the ENTIRE engine -and it's a huge download- for free, as long as it's going to be used for FREE TO PLAY projects, such as MWO. I've never seen that, before, but my sons have been working with Blender and other 3D programs and programming programs -I don't know what they're called- so I thought it best to take a look and see if that would be anything they would want to do and, unless my English reading software don't work, anymore, what I just said is what it is. (shrugs, smiles)

#97 terminator

• PipPipPip
  • 86 posts
  • LocationSan Diego California

Posted 18 November 2011 - 11:17 PM

HOLY SNOZBERRIES... this game has the potential to be godlike beyond reason... I will see to it this game is amazing. Where do I donate my first, second, and fourth born?

#98 azov

• PipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 59 posts
  • LocationHuntress

Posted 19 November 2011 - 08:20 AM

Ok guys. Assuming that you are dead broke, You can upgrade your systems just salvage your Hard Drive, Power Supply as long as its above 500W, DVD drive and Case. I don't really recommend this unless you just don't have the money to upgrade to new parts, But go to geeks.com

But, you could easily spend 300 dollars on a

Core2Duo E6700 2.66Ghz
http://www.geeks.com...?invtid=E6700-R

Asus P5G41 MicroATX motherboard
http://www.geeks.com...1-M-LX2-GB-BO-R

4GB Crucial RAM
http://www.newegg.co...N82E16820148414

ASUS GTX470
http://www.geeks.com...-PCIE-1280-CO-R

This will easily cruise you on through to medium and maybe even high settings. I will stress that I don't fully recommend this, but I have done it when i was in a pinch and it proved to be the best thing. If you can, I recommend upgrading the processor. They have a Core2Quad Q6600 for 115. If you can get that, you would be set. I'm still running mine and I purchased it back in 2007.
______________________________________________________________________________________________________________

As for the people such as Tweaks who can't run MWLL you need to run CCC patch for crysis Warhead.

http://www.gamefront...-Warhead-v3.00/

just install it into the Electronic Arts/Crytek/Crysis Wars folder.

Enable Auto Exec

Adjust to your level of machine.

and Done.

I usually get a 10fps difference. So if you are pushing by at 15fps to start with, it will make the game at least playable.

Edited by azov, 19 November 2011 - 08:23 AM.

#99 halocast

Rookie

• 1 posts

Posted 19 November 2011 - 08:36 AM

whoa.. looks like i might need some upgrade :)

#100 Kodiak Jorgensson

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Ironclad
  • The Ironclad
  • 935 posts
  • LocationUnited Kingdom

Posted 20 November 2011 - 05:04 AM

awesome cant wait to see how it turns out. happy they choose CE3 over UE3, was getting sick of seeing UE3 everywhere. again looking forward to some ingame shots when the come along :)

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users