- - - - -

Never Play Again - Lrms

196 replies to this topic

#1 dbassa

Rookie

• 1 posts

Posted 03 May 2014 - 10:40 AM

Hey

i rly liked this game, as i liked all the MW games before this.

BUT

Im just askin me;

Why are Players, that have to make thoughts about engines, balanced loadouts, heatsinks etc not earned?

They got to aim, they are playin in the frontlines or at least in the forward 70% battlefield.

Instead, little noobs earn so much CBills, do so much DMG and all they got to do is to wait for a ******* red circle.

Just wanted to get rid of my frustration, because of LRMS i will never play this game again and i hope more ppl follow me and show the developers, that balance is a need for a good game,

This is NOT a good game.

Thx [redacted]

Edited by miSs, 06 May 2014 - 10:57 AM.

#2 Flaming oblivion

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • 1,293 posts

Posted 03 May 2014 - 10:45 AM

LRM's are the most situational unreliable weapons in game with the most hard and soft counters. Not to mention the slowest moving, the warning you get when they're coming , The minimum range .

#3 MischiefSC

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Benefactor
  • The Benefactor
  • 16,697 posts

Posted 03 May 2014 - 10:47 AM

I hate to say this, I really do....

but LRMs are in the best place they've ever been in this games history. Instaed of being worthless trash they're at least viable for the weight. They're no AC/PPC poptart but they're not terrible anymore.

I get that you're upset. If MW:O isn't the game for you, well that's unfortunate.

LRMs though? LRM boats are my bread and butter - I'm running brawlers, they make up most of my kills. I'm not alone. Hopefully they're not going to change, then nobody will even bother with them anymore, like they never used to bother with them.

#4 Artgathan

• Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 1,764 posts

Posted 03 May 2014 - 10:53 AM

View Postdbassa, on 03 May 2014 - 10:40 AM, said:

Hey

BUT

Im just askin me;

Why are Players, that have to make thoughts about engines, balanced loadouts, heatsinks etc not earned?

They got to aim, they are playin in the frontlines or at least in the forward 70% battlefield.

Instead, little noobs earn so much CBills, do so much DMG and all they got to do is to wait for a ******* red circle.

Just wanted to get rid of my frustration, because of LRMS i will never play this game again and i hope more ppl follow me and show the developers, that balance is a need for a good game,

This is NOT a good game.

Thx and **** you all.

So you've been a member for all of 20 minutes and you're already on the forums to QQ?

At least play more than 2 games before claiming the game as a whole is bad. Try practicing using cover.

#5 GunnyKintaro 01

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 3,072 posts

Posted 03 May 2014 - 10:56 AM

Hey

BUT

Im just askin me;

This is NOT a good game.

Thx and **** you all.

well bye... you should really give it some time !!!

#6 Simbacca

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 797 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 03 May 2014 - 10:57 AM

Also what has to be taken into account is that Match Maker does not take into account the team's load outs. I have played on teams where we had no LRMs, but the foe had 4 or 5 LRM equipped mechs. I have also been on teams where both sides were literally firing 300+ LRM salvos at each other - to the point we blotted out the sky with LRMs flying back and forth....

Edited by Simbacca, 03 May 2014 - 10:57 AM.

#7 Scratx

• Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 3,283 posts

Posted 03 May 2014 - 10:58 AM

My Cataphract 4X with quad-AC5 is confused... LRMs are win? Umm... not really, no, except in some circumstances. Quad-AC5 always stronk, however.

#8 Kyynele

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Vicious
  • The Vicious
  • 973 posts

Posted 03 May 2014 - 10:58 AM

Like said, LRMs have so many counters you can actually pick and choose.

If you're really sick of them, you can get the hard counter. Buy a Spider 5D, Raven 3L or a Cicada 3M and bring the ECM with you. There'll be quite a difference. Throw in an AMS if you really really want to ruin the LRM boat's day.

Too bad you decided never to play again - before you actually learned to play. How can the community go on with this loss, I wonder?

#9 Bobzilla

• The Determined
  • The Determined
  • 2,003 posts
  • LocationEarth

Posted 03 May 2014 - 10:59 AM

Before you quit, run some lrms. You'll see they aren't all that overall, and how to best avoid them.

I find they are annoying at most, so you can deal with them. Or quit because the game's too hard for you.

#10 T0ADKILLERD0G

• PipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 37 posts
  • LocationMinneapolis, MN

Posted 03 May 2014 - 11:01 AM

View PostMischiefSC, on 03 May 2014 - 10:47 AM, said:

I hate to say this, I really do....

but LRMs are in the best place they've ever been in this games history. Instaed of being worthless trash they're at least viable for the weight. They're no AC/PPC poptart but they're not terrible anymore.

I get that you're upset. If MW:O isn't the game for you, well that's unfortunate.

LRMs though? LRM boats are my bread and butter - I'm running brawlers, they make up most of my kills. I'm not alone. Hopefully they're not going to change, then nobody will even bother with them anymore, like they never used to bother with them.

Completely agree

#11 MischiefSC

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Benefactor
  • The Benefactor
  • 16,697 posts

Posted 03 May 2014 - 11:16 AM

View PostBobzilla, on 03 May 2014 - 10:59 AM, said:

Before you quit, run some lrms. You'll see they aren't all that overall, and how to best avoid them.

I find they are annoying at most, so you can deal with them. Or quit because the game's too hard for you.

That's some serious QFT right there. Go ahead and run some LRMs for 10 matches, then see what you think. The first thing you'll do is say '******* ECM!'

Then you'll say '******* BUILDINGS!'

Then you'll say '******* LIGHTS!'

The nyou'll say '******* AMS!'

Then you'll say 'Hey, guys, quit going so fast and leaving me behind, I get killed all alone!'

Then you'll say 'Well, at least people are idiots on Caustic, trying to stick and poptart around the Caldera where even if they back up I'm going to mostly hit them anyway and if a teammate hits them with NARC they're going to eat my LRMs with no hope of escape for about 8 volleys.'

Then you'll say 'For every game I get 1,000 damage, I get 3 games with 100-300. This sucks, LRMs are too easy to avoid and defeat!'

Then you will (and should) feel like a nitwit for this post.

#12 wanderer

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Civil Servant
  • Civil Servant
  • 11,152 posts
  • LocationStomping around in a giant robot, of course.

Posted 03 May 2014 - 11:36 AM

Hey

BUT

Im just askin me;

This is NOT a good game.

Thx and **** you all.

First post, and it's a whiiiiiiine. Great start on the forums, M8.

Here's a hint. I'm that guy killing you with missiles. I don't work alone. I'm not shooting you from some unassailable fortress you can't possibly reach.

If I'm far enough away that you can't shoot me, I'm so far away from my team that anyone who has the brains to go after me will have themselves a good ol' time because my LRMs mean that almost anyone has an advantage on me up close without coverage. If I'm not, I'm, once again, not at some spot 40,000 meters above the battlefield dropping bombs. I'm shootable, and killable. There's this big long missile trail that points right to my position. Use it.

If you have ECM running and my team doesn't NARC or jam it, I can't shoot you unless you stay in LOS so long that you're getting rolled by the guys in front anyway. If my team doesn't keep you in LOS, I either get it myself or my guns are effectively dead, and if I get LOS, you get LOS and once again, you're shooting me. TAG is 750m and direct-fire, NARC is 450m. An LRM boat that holds it's own locks is a vulnerable target.

Every LRM boat is one less target to distract you from focus fire and one less 'Mech soaking up your shots. That means your front line needs less time firing to break my front line if you keep dancing out of the way of my missile salvos- and once they go down, see above.

LRMs frustrate new players because they're the first and easiest (but not most effective) form of players focusing on single targets, meaning they get rolled. It's also the first wall to climb over if you actually want to play the game, learning why ECM isn't optional, how a map throttles or assists support fire, how and where you can get at those lovely soft boats and tear out their bellies with minimal damage. Positioning. Defense. Situational awareness.

Go drop in a Trial Catapult for a while and see what it's like from the other side of the missile bay. A few rounds in Manifold or River City Night and you'll develop a new appreciation for what it takes to kill or not be killed.

#13 cSand

• 4,589 posts
  • LocationCanada, eh

Posted 03 May 2014 - 11:41 AM

I believe you have all been successfully trolled by a teenager

#14 Sean von Steinike

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 2,880 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 03 May 2014 - 12:26 PM

Hey

BUT

Im just askin me;

This is NOT a good game.

Thx and **** you all.

If you die regularly to lrms, you are the noob. Sorry. LRMs are way less of a threat than ACs/PPC/Gauss.

#15 Livewyr

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 6,733 posts
  • LocationWisconsin, USA

Posted 03 May 2014 - 12:39 PM

+1 for originality.

#16 Flaming oblivion

• The 1 Percent
  • 1,293 posts

Posted 03 May 2014 - 01:06 PM

Yup even with tag/narc and artemis lrms still suck at killing vs almost if not every other weapon system., since the main of objective of the game is to kill efficiently this is a major draw back.

Edited by Flaming oblivion, 03 May 2014 - 01:06 PM.

#17 Koniving

Welcoming Committee

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Guide
  • The Guide
  • 23,384 posts

Posted 03 May 2014 - 01:16 PM

LRMs and just exactly how powerful they are.

That video is shortened, but it was originally as in the description 6 minutes and 39 seconds of being completely helpless. Begging and pleading for the team, both on voice and in chat for help. No one came. I sat there, unable to do anything, anything at all. Completely defenseless.

I had 4 LRM-15s and more than 8 tons of ammo left over. And I couldn't do anything, anything at all to the enemy in front of me.

Back then, LRMs did 1.8 damage per missile, and all 4 LRM-15s would do 108 damage. You know what they would do now? That same loadout now would do 66 damage.

Fastest mech at the time, 116 kph. Average speed, 64.8 kph. Typical speed of an assault mech, between 32 and 58 kph.

O.o; You new players have it easy.

Oh, and don't forget... hit 101% heat and you instantly exploded if you had ANY kind of ammo at all, which was why even the Hunchback was too scared to fire both large lasers at once.

If you're wondering, what I'm saying is if you get close those LRMs are completely useless. And so if an enemy is shooting you and you don't like it? Get close and make his weapons completely useless.
That's all there is to it.

This Atlas here, killed 6 players by himself with nothing but a pletheroa of LRMs. Know how simple it was to kill him? I got in his face and his only defense was 1 medium laser. I danced in his face. I minimized, turned on fraps, popped the game back up, danced again and said how sorry I felt for him. And then I shot him again.

And at that time, LRMs did more damage than now too. All it takes is getting close.

Edited by Koniving, 03 May 2014 - 01:22 PM.

#18 Flaming oblivion

• The 1 Percent
  • 1,293 posts

Posted 03 May 2014 - 01:19 PM

LRM's are damn near unusable against smart players there just to fundamentally flawed and weak, And if your Pugging loading lrms will make you want to repeatedly punch kittens .

#19 VXJaeger

• The Wrath
  • The Wrath
  • 1,582 posts
  • LocationFinland

Posted 03 May 2014 - 01:24 PM

Member Since Yesterday, 09:33 PM
Offline Last Active Yesterday, 09:40 PM

Did you play even ONE match before you came here to QQ? :P

#20 Ghostchips Condensate I and II

• PipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 97 posts
  • LocationSouthern Islands

Posted 03 May 2014 - 01:28 PM

Trial catapult is hard to use correctly. Because it is a great support mech but needs teamwork and does not even need teamwork to counter it. (Plus AMS fires from underground to intercept missiles? But airstrikes do not work underground? How is that fair?)

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users