27 replies to this topic

#1 Shade Cido

• PipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 84 posts
  • LocationLondon, UK

Posted 05 May 2014 - 02:54 PM

Since upgrading my PC from Windows Visita to Windows 7, been uable to play MWO. The patcher runs okay, however on clicking Play, get the error 'MWOClient.exe-Application Error. The Application was unable to start correctly (Oxc00007b). Click OK to close'

Have tried repairing MWO with MWO Repair, have also tried downloading and reinstalling Mechwarrior Online however to no avail. Some research on line seems to indicate a DLL issue, so have reinstalled .Net Framework, C++ distribs and various other suggestions I found online to resolve this issue.

Anyone else had this problem and managed to resolve it?. The only thing I've got to left I can try is a complete reinstall of Windows 7, however am I loathe to try that.
&

Edited by Shade Cido, 05 May 2014 - 02:54 PM.

#2 9erRed

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • 1,566 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 05 May 2014 - 09:08 PM

Greetings,

First, after you upgraded to Win 7 did you do the windows updates from there site?
- Is your new system 32 or 64 bit?
- Did you install the correct 32 or 64 bit Net a C++ updates?

There may be multiple reasons as to why you might receive 0xc00007b error when trying to run an application on a windows machine. 0xc000007b error usually comes from mixing up 32bit environment with 64bit one. For example 32bit application loads a 64bit dll causing 0xc000007b error.

Download for 64bit C++:
http://www.microsoft...s.aspx?id=14632
DX update to download some missing files:
http://www.microsoft...aylang=en&id=35

Next have you additionally installed the older DX9c drivers?
- Win 7 does not install these older Dx drivers any more.
And is the new install of MWO running as an admin install?

Quite a few 'solutions' to this error code indicate a failure from windows in accessing some of it's own files or locations.
Indicating a corruption of some of it's own install files, or hard drive locations.
1. Run a disk defrag program through your hard drives.
2. Run an up to date virus scan program through the system.
3. Run an up to date malware program. (something like Spybot search and destroy)

Try those and return with results.
9erRed

Edited by 9erRed, 05 May 2014 - 09:42 PM.

#3 Shade Cido

• PipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 84 posts
  • LocationLondon, UK

Posted 05 May 2014 - 10:38 PM

Thanks for the response.
Sorry forgot to mention my Specs:

Operating System: Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit (6.1, Build 7601) Service Pack 1 (7601.win7sp1_gdr.130828-1532)
Language: English (Regional Setting: English)
System Manufacturer: System manufacturer
System Model: System Product Name
BIOS: BIOS Date: 08/09/12 11:57:02 Ver: 08.00.15
Processor: Intel® Core™ i7 CPU 920 @ 2.67GHz (8 CPUs), ~2.7GHz
Memory: 14336MB RAM
Available OS Memory: 14328MB RAM
Page File: 3162MB used, 25489MB available
Windows Dir: C:\Windows
DirectX Version: DirectX 11
DX Setup Parameters: Not found
User DPI Setting: Using System DPI
System DPI Setting: 96 DPI (100 percent)
DWM DPI Scaling: Disabled
DxDiag Version: 6.01.7601.17514 64bit Unicode

------------
DxDiag Notes
------------
Display Tab 1: No problems found.
Sound Tab 1: No problems found.
Sound Tab 2: No problems found.
Sound Tab 3: No problems found.
Input Tab: No problems found.

--------------------
DirectX Debug Levels
--------------------
Direct3D: 0/4 (retail)
DirectDraw: 0/4 (retail)
DirectInput: 0/5 (retail)
DirectMusic: 0/5 (retail)
DirectPlay: 0/9 (retail)
DirectSound: 0/5 (retail)
DirectShow: 0/6 (retail)

---------------
Display Devices
---------------
Card name: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 770
Manufacturer: NVIDIA
Chip type: GeForce GTX 770
DAC type: Integrated RAMDAC
Device Key: Enum\PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_1184&SUBSYS_27743842&REV_A1
Display Memory: 4038 MB
Dedicated Memory: 1990 MB
Shared Memory: 2048 MB
Current Mode: 1680 x 1050 (32 bit) (59Hz)
Monitor Name: Generic PnP Monitor
Monitor Model: HG216
Monitor Id: HSD1CA3
Native Mode: 1680 x 1050(p) (59.954Hz)
Output Type: HD15
Driver Name: nvd3dumx.dll,nvwgf2umx.dll,nvwgf2umx.dll,nvd3dum.dll,nvwgf2um.dll,nvwgf2um.dll
Driver File Version: 9.18.0013.3523 (English)
Driver Version: 9.18.13.3523
DDI Version: 11
Driver Model: WDDM 1.1
Driver Attributes: Final Retail
Driver Date/Size: 3/4/2014 15:35:23, 17755424 bytes
WHQL Logo'd: Yes
WHQL Date Stamp:
Device Identifier: {D7B71E3E-52C4-11CF-3156-79071CC2C435}
Vendor ID: 0x10DE
Device ID: 0x1184
SubSys ID: 0x27743842
Revision ID: 0x00A1
Driver Strong Name: oem2.inf:NVIDIA_SetA_Devices.NTamd64.6.1:Section093:9.18.13.3523:pci\ven_10de&dev_1184

Have updated Windows with autoupdate,installed (and reinstalled) the 64 Bit C++ updates again, by uninstalling and reinstalling them. Have done a CHKDSK and a Norton Repair disk and found no errors. Ive reinstalled DX 9 on the off chance that might help, but nothing seems to work.

Im thinking that might have to do a Full Windows install to try and fix this.

#4 9erRed

• Overlord
  • 1,566 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 05 May 2014 - 11:00 PM

Greetings,

There's a log file within the MWO install directory, it will list when or what the failure was during the attempt to start the program. Normally only the end is where the errors are listed. Can you check that file for possible causes of a failure?

There's also the windows event viewer;
Event Viewer is a tool that displays detailed information about significant events (for example, programs that don't start as expected or updates that are downloaded automatically) on your computer. Event Viewer can be helpful when troubleshooting problems and errors with Windows and other programs.
- Open Event Viewer by clicking the Start button, clicking Control Panel, clicking System and Security, clicking Administrative Tools, and then double-clicking Event Viewer.‌ If you're prompted for an administrator password or confirmation, type the password or provide confirmation.
- Click an event log in the left pane.
- Double-click an event to view the details of the event.

There should be an event listed under Application if the game failed to start;
Application (program) events. Events are classified as error, warning, or information, depending on the severity of the event. An error is a significant problem, such as loss of data. A warning is an event that isn't necessarily significant, but might indicate a possible future problem. An information event describes the successful operation of a program, driver, or service.

Some additional info on the event viewer,
http://windows.micro...r#1TC=windows-7

9erRed

Edited by 9erRed, 05 May 2014 - 11:14 PM.

#5 Shade Cido

• PipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 84 posts
  • LocationLondon, UK

Posted 07 May 2014 - 12:28 PM

Thanks for the info. Ive checked the Event viewer, and the only thing that's listed is the Error Popup under System, No other errors or Information is appearing under Applications for when I try to start the game,

Log Name: System
Source: Application Popup
Date: 07/05/2014 20:50:35
Event ID: 26
Task Category: None
Level: Information
Keywords: Classic
User: N/A
Computer: User-PC
Description:
Application popup: MWOClient.exe - Application Error : The application was unable to start correctly (0xc000007b). Click OK to close the application.
Event Xml:
<Event xmlns="http://schemas.micro...08/events/event">
<System>
<Provider Name="Application Popup" />
<EventID Qualifiers="16384">26</EventID>
<Level>4</Level>
<Task>0</Task>
<Keywords>0x80000000000000</Keywords>
<TimeCreated SystemTime="2014-05-07T19:50:35.000000000Z" />
<EventRecordID>12349</EventRecordID>
<Channel>System</Channel>
<Computer>User-PC</Computer>
<Security />
</System>
<EventData>
<Data>MWOClient.exe - Application Error</Data>
<Data>The application was unable to start correctly (0xc000007b). Click OK to close the application. </Data>
</EventData>
</Event>

#6 9erRed

• Overlord
  • 1,566 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 08 May 2014 - 04:22 AM

Greetings,

Ok, there is no solution listed from that specific event within the viewer. Are there other errors listed under the other headings?

Have you looked under the MWO install directory? There should be a log file listed within the main directory. Within it if there was an error/ failed start it should be listed.

Now going way back to the initial install of the game, did you download the MWO client install and convert it to 'Admin level authority'? As well as the MechWarrior Online.exe that starts the game, both must be run as Admin, (and given Admin rights) as they access areas of your computer that only Admins have rights to.

Extra note here: When you 'upgraded' your system, was it a fresh install or did you retain all your old files?

9erRed

#7 Lantheren

Rookie

• Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 6 posts

Posted 11 August 2014 - 07:30 PM

I am having the same issue. Did you ever find the root cause. I've updated all the C++, the DX files, and .net framework on a fresh install of windows 7. Anyone?

#8 9erRed

• Overlord
  • 1,566 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 12 August 2014 - 11:33 AM

Greetings all,

"the (0xc000007b) Unable to Start Error"

- MWOClient.exe - Application Error : The application was unable to start correctly (0xc000007b).

Some of the info related to this is here:
- That particular error code refers to an invalid image format.
- there may be multiple reasons as to why you might receive 0xc00007b error when trying to run an application on a windows machine. 0xc000007b error usually comes from mixing up 32bit environment with 64bit one. For example 32bit application loads a 64bit dll causing 0xc000007b error.
The start of MWO plays a few items in the "Flash and/or Shockwave" format.
(this shouldn't stop the application but it can't hurt to install it.)

- check that you have both these programs installed and updated.
get Flash here, and insure you 'UNCHECK' the Google chrome and toolbar items it also wants to install.
http://get.adobe.com/flashplayer/
- Get the shockwave install here:
http://get.adobe.com/shockwave/

Check in your programs 'uninstall directory for the 'Net Framework' installs, you should be at version 4.5.1 now.

You may want to read the solution list from 'Toms Hardware", it's systematic, but you appear to have completed most of the solution already. But couldn't hurt to read it.
See here: http://www.tomshardw...-error-fix.html

Advise what you get now on a start attempt.

9erRed

#9 Lantheren

Rookie

• Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 6 posts

Posted 13 August 2014 - 03:40 PM

Tried the flash and shockwave to no avail. Will move on to the steps listed in Toms Hardware link. Sadly I have yet to hear from support. I really dont want to have to reload my entire OS. I should note that all my other games are not having this issue... Only MWO.

#10 Poon6113

Rookie

• The Merciless
  • The Merciless
  • 4 posts
  • LocationSan Diego

Posted 08 March 2015 - 04:45 PM

I was having this problem. After following the advice in 9erRed's last post and restarting between each step, I finally got it to work at the last step of the tomshardware article.

#11 Gordan Free Man

Rookie

• 1 posts

Posted 06 May 2015 - 08:20 AM

View Post9erRed, on 05 May 2014 - 09:08 PM, said:

Greetings,

First, after you upgraded to Win 7 did you do the windows updates from there site?
- Is your new system 32 or 64 bit?
- Did you install the correct 32 or 64 bit Net a C++ updates?

There may be multiple reasons as to why you might receive 0xc00007b error when trying to run an application on a windows machine. 0xc000007b error usually comes from mixing up 32bit environment with 64bit one. For example 32bit application loads a 64bit dll causing 0xc000007b error.

Download for 64bit C++:

Next have you additionally installed the older DX9c drivers?
- Win 7 does not install these older Dx drivers any more.
And is the new install of MWO running as an admin install?

Quite a few 'solutions' to this error code indicate a failure from windows in accessing some of it's own files or locations.
Indicating a corruption of some of it's own install files, or hard drive locations.
1. Run a disk defrag program through your hard drives.
2. Run an up to date virus scan program through the system.
3. Run an up to date malware program. (something like Spybot search and destroy)

9erRed

thanks man you saved my bacon :)

#12 Klaus Wolf

Rookie

• The Raider
  • The Raider
  • 3 posts

Posted 15 May 2015 - 01:39 AM

Download for 64bit C++:

9erRed

this worked for me too , thx !!!

#13 Darko Nagasawa

• PipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 69 posts

Posted 21 June 2015 - 04:32 PM

Doing both these steps worked for me too. After doing the first step (installing C++) I got this error: http://mwomercs.com/...g-installation/ But after installing DX9, the game would start.

I'm on a fresh Win 7 x64 install.

#14 Toxked

Rookie

• Survivor
  • 4 posts

Posted 17 July 2015 - 08:59 PM

MWO start up error “0xc000007b” error

This is a duel core 2.16 Mhz. 4 GB RAM 64 -bit system, running Win 8.1.

I was having an error that a DLL was missing. Added it and now got this. I even tried restoring the system to see if a file was corrupted or missing. I've found many possible fixes for this issue. I've installed a host of DLLs, DirectX and the 64bit C++.

All the .Net Framework are installed and the system is up to date. I also ran sfc /scannow scan to make sure the OS has no corrupted files. Checked the program permissions. Ran the MWO repair tool. Ran Defrag. At the risk of sounding like the people I hate taking tech calls from I know there are no viruses or malware on the system.

I could not find the log in MWO install folder. In the Event Viewer this is the log entry for the failure. Let me know if you can think of a fix.

Windows cannot access the file for one of the following reasons: there is a problem with the network connection,
the disk that the file is stored on, or the storage drivers installed on this computer; or the disk is missing.
Windows closed the program MechWarrior Online because of this error.

Program: MechWarrior Online
File:

The error value is listed in the Additional Data section.
User Action
1. Open the file again. This situation might be a temporary problem that corrects itself when the program runs again.
2. If the file still cannot be accessed and
- It is on the network, your network administrator should verify that there is not a problem with the network and that the server can be contacted.
- It is on a removable disk, for example, a floppy disk or CD-ROM, verify that the disk is fully inserted into the computer.
3. Check and repair the file system by running CHKDSK. To run CHKDSK, click Start, click Run, type CMD, and then click OK. At the command prompt, type CHKDSK /F, and then press ENTER.
4. If the problem persists, restore the file from a backup copy.
5. Determine whether other files on the same disk can be opened. If not, the disk might be damaged. If it is a hard disk, contact your administrator or computer hardware vendor for further assistance.

Additional Data
Error value: 00000000
Disk type: 0

#15 eleazr

• PipPip
  • 30 posts

Posted 24 July 2015 - 03:59 PM

Kudos 9erRed! Solved my problem!

#16 Mongo45

Rookie

• 1 posts

Posted 13 September 2015 - 06:35 AM

Worked for me as well...the shockwave and flash didnt work straight out...but then i found that though direct x 11 was installed, 9 was not...and as it turns out MWO is defaulting to 9. Installed that and it was working immediately. Thanks everyone for the posts

#17 Austin McElroy

Rookie

• 2 posts

Posted 30 October 2015 - 05:28 PM

Download for 64bit C++:

This worked! Fresh install of Windows 10, same issue as first poster. Will list hardware specs as needed, but it appears to be a software driver issue.

#18 oldmechpilot

Rookie

• 3 posts
  • LocationWinston Salem, North Carolina, USA

Posted 16 November 2015 - 02:29 PM

I have done ABSOLUTLY EVERYTHING SUGGESTED HERE over the last FIVE DAMN HOURS and the game still gives the same error. Update. Restart. Error. Update. Restart. Error. Update. Restart. Error. Update. Restart. Error. Update. Restart. Error. Update. Restart. Error. Update. Restart. Error. Update. Restart. Error. Updatre. Restart. Error. I watched all the training vidio's and the game looks so cool. But I'm done. Enjoy your gaming.

#19 oldmechpilot

Rookie

• 3 posts

Posted 16 November 2015 - 08:12 PM

Add to the above. I found on another thread about forcing to work in 32 bit That worked. The screen however is not full size. And even after I ran the repair tool on that same tab it still gives the same error at 64 bit.

#20 oldmechpilot

Rookie

• 3 posts

Posted 19 November 2015 - 03:21 PM

I got no answer and it dosen't matter. I watched every vidio I could find. I read threads till my eyes crossed. I practedes over and over and I still can't get anywhere with the learning curve. This is a stunning game visually. My hat's off the designers/developers. But it's not for me. Enjoy your game. Good Bye.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users