Stock Mech Era Wednesdays

196 replies to this topic

#1 General Taskeen

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,737 posts
  • LocationCircinus

Posted 08 May 2014 - 07:33 PM

Posted Image

A second Stock 'Mech event hosted through MechForce Classic!

Will be starting Wednesday, May 14th at 8:30/9 P.M. EST for even MORE 12 vs 12 Stock Mech matches! (*Note: Starting with Third/Fourth Succession War Eras!)

Similar to SMM, but with twists and a little added variety and lore!

MEET UP
Teamspeak:
198.37.118.56 or STRANAMECHTY.INFO
PW: StranaMechty

January 2014 Monthly Schedule (updated each month):
Spoiler

Rules

Stock Mech Era Wednesday's will feature the following:

- Each week the "Era" will rotate
- As the time period passes to each different Era, every week, new 'Mechs and variants become available to use over time while the Tech gradually changes
- Some Eras have specific rules, look below for the special rules (see below)

What we will be using:

- USE Stock 'Mechs "as is" in their original form (or you can additionally re-stock your current 'Mechs)

- 'Mechs available for use will follow the Stock Master List for Eras which is based on a separate project by me here (or in my sig). (Some of these Mechs are also outlined on MechClassic's master list). When following the Era Lists (google version), please follow the left most list highlighted in Black with year dates next to variants. The Faction tables are listed only if people wish to simulate a specific faction vs. another faction (where some use different mechs, for more information you check out my guide in my signature.

- You CAN use extra canon variants noted on the BattleTech Canon Era Master List if so desired (let your team know if you are using a LCT-1S or WVR-6M build). They must be built EXACTLY according to the clickable links if you wish to use these. Have you always wanted to use a 10SHS Rifleman-3N? Now's your chance!

- Do NOT use Champion Mechs (if you do, they must be rebuilt to Stock)

- You CAN have unlocked efficiencies

- You CAN use modules and things like artillery ONLY on designated Command Console 'Mechs from these lists (Only 1 Command Console 'Mech per team)

Hero 'Mech Rules:
Spoiler

Tonnage Requirements
Spoiler

Third/Fourth Succession Wars Era Special Rules:
Spoiler

War of 3039/Clan Invasion Era Special Rules:
Spoiler

Star League Era Special Rules:
Spoiler

Check Out Stock 'Mech Mondays and MechForce Classic for all your Stock 'Mech needs!

Edited by General Taskeen, 07 January 2015 - 04:25 PM.

#2 Butane9000

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • 2,788 posts
  • LocationGeorgia

Posted 08 May 2014 - 07:50 PM

This saddens me because Wednesday nights I usually don't get home till 10:30-11pm EST.

#3 General Taskeen

• 5,737 posts
  • LocationCircinus

Posted 08 May 2014 - 07:56 PM

View PostButane9000, on 08 May 2014 - 07:50 PM, said:

This saddens me because Wednesday nights I usually don't get home till 10:30-11pm EST.

^_^ Sorry bud. If as much people that play on Monday's show up, I'm sure it'll continue on for the night by the time you are available.

#4 PanzerMagier

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 1,369 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationSome nameless backwater planet

Posted 08 May 2014 - 09:38 PM

it bothers me even more that we don't already have a stock mech mode/queue

#5 General Taskeen

• 5,737 posts
  • LocationCircinus

Posted 09 May 2014 - 04:20 AM

Same here PanzerMagier, but at least with private matches we can cure that itch for good 'ol Stock 'Mech action ^_^!

#6 Barantor

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 2,592 posts
  • LocationLexington, KY USA

Posted 09 May 2014 - 04:32 AM

You know I will be around for this.

#7 General Taskeen

• 5,737 posts
  • LocationCircinus

Posted 09 May 2014 - 05:13 AM

You and me both Barantor!

Also, as far as times. They can certainly be adjusted. I tried to make it a smidge earlier if EU players are interested, although generally it's still pretty late/early morning in those time zones.

Edited by General Taskeen, 09 May 2014 - 05:13 AM.

#8 Rhaythe

• Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 4,203 posts

Posted 09 May 2014 - 05:22 AM

Worked out pretty well this week. Though Star League era mechs are few and far between. I'll definitely be tuning in.

#9 Bishop Steiner

ForumWarrior

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 47,187 posts
  • Locationclimbing Mt Tryhard, one smoldering Meta-Mech corpse at a time

Posted 09 May 2014 - 08:07 AM

View PostGeneral Taskeen, on 08 May 2014 - 07:33 PM, said:

Posted Image

A second Stock 'Mech event hosted through MechForce Classic!

Will be starting Wednesday, May 14th at 8:30/9 P.M. EST for even MORE 12 vs 12 Stock Mech matches! (*Note: Starting with Third/Fourth Succession War Eras!)

Similar to SMM, but with twists and a little added variety and lore!

MEET UP
Teamspeak:
PW: StranaMechty

Rules

Stock Mech Era Wednesday's will feature the following:

- Each week the "Era" will rotate in succession, from the very early Star League to the Late Clan Invasion Era.
- As the time period passes to each different Era, every week, new 'Mechs and variants become available to use over time while the Tech gradually changes
- Some Eras have specific rules, look below for the special rules (see below)

What we will be using:

- USE Stock 'Mechs "as is" in their original form (or you can additionally re-stock your current 'Mechs)

- 'Mechs available for use will follow the BattleTech Canon Era Master List (Some of these Mechs are also outlined on MechClassic's master list). When following the Era Lists, please follow the left most list highlighted in Black with year dates next to variants. The Faction tables are listed only if people wish to simulate a specific faction vs. another faction (where some use different mechs, for more information you check out my guide in my signature).

- You CAN use extra canon variants noted on the BattleTech Canon Era Master List if so desired (let your team know if you are using a LCT-1S or WVR-6M build). They must be built EXACTLY according to the clickable links if you wish to use these. Have you always wanted to use a 10SHS Rifleman-3N? Now's your chance!

- Do NOT use Champion Mechs (if you do, they must be rebuilt to Stock)

- You CAN have unlocked efficiencies

- You CAN use modules and things like artillery ONLY on designated Command Console 'Mechs from these lists (Only 1 Command Console 'Mech per team)

Hero 'Mech Rules:
Spoiler

Tonnage Requirements
Spoiler

Third/Fourth Succession Wars Era Special Rules:
Spoiler

War of 3039/Clan Invasion Era Special Rules:
Spoiler

Star League Era Special Rules:
Spoiler

Check Out Stock 'Mech Mondays and MechForce Classic for all your Stock 'Mech needs!

More Stock Mech Matches Is Good Mech Matches. I am in.

#10 Crotch RockIt

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Money Maker
  • The Money Maker
  • 583 posts
  • Locationchewing his lower lip

Posted 09 May 2014 - 09:52 AM

Can't wait to run some SLDF variants! My STK-4Fb and SHD-2Hb are ready to go!

#11 General Taskeen

• 5,737 posts
  • LocationCircinus

Posted 09 May 2014 - 10:20 AM

View PostCrotch RockIt, on 09 May 2014 - 09:52 AM, said:

Can't wait to run some SLDF variants! My STK-4Fb and SHD-2Hb are ready to go!

That'll be for the third running week, but yes, they are fun to use :D.

To clarify

1st. Week (Third/Fourth) (Tech 1 Galore!)
2nd Week (Clan Invasion Era) (Tech 1/Tech 2)
3rd Week (Star League) (Tech 1/Tech 2)
Then Repeats

#12 Crotch RockIt

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Money Maker
  • The Money Maker
  • 583 posts
  • Locationchewing his lower lip

Posted 09 May 2014 - 10:22 AM

Good to know! I was thinking that we were doing Star League first.

#13 GunnyKintaro 01

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 3,072 posts

Posted 09 May 2014 - 12:28 PM

hey thanks for the invite!
Ill see what we can do !

#14 TELEFORCE

• The Ardent
  • The Ardent
  • 1,554 posts

Posted 09 May 2014 - 06:21 PM

Do you guys meets on the MWO Lobbys site at all? I am not set up for TeamSpeak, but I'm interested in playing with you all :)

#15 General Taskeen

• 5,737 posts
  • LocationCircinus

Posted 10 May 2014 - 03:23 AM

Usually we get organized on TS, but mwolobby can be used for organizing as well. Just make sure to type in to your team what stock 'Mech you have available when forming up.

#16 InRev

• Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 1,236 posts
  • LocationConnecticut, USA

Posted 10 May 2014 - 09:50 AM

Can't wait to bust out my Wolverine-6M B) :P ;)

Thanks for organizing this!

#17 Featherwood

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 552 posts

Posted 10 May 2014 - 10:02 AM

I like the idea very much, but 8PM EST is too late for me. Does somebody host similar events in EU time zone?
Actually I have another question to experienced comrades: stock 'Mechs have very limited ammo load per canon, but armour values in MWO are doubled per Paul's "alternative geniality", are stock loadouts enough for effective kills or it would be more comfortable to play 'stock' matches with stock armour?

P.S. If PGI would care for feedback, I'd vote for 'stock matches' to be added in game. They could be the best way to level a chassis - e.g. by trading all C-bills income for additional XP.

#18 Bishop Steiner

ForumWarrior

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 47,187 posts
  • Locationclimbing Mt Tryhard, one smoldering Meta-Mech corpse at a time

Posted 10 May 2014 - 07:56 PM

View PostFeatherwood, on 10 May 2014 - 10:02 AM, said:

I like the idea very much, but 8PM EST is too late for me. Does somebody host similar events in EU time zone?
Actually I have another question to experienced comrades: stock 'Mechs have very limited ammo load per canon, but armour values in MWO are doubled per Paul's "alternative geniality", are stock loadouts enough for effective kills or it would be more comfortable to play 'stock' matches with stock armour?

P.S. If PGI would care for feedback, I'd vote for 'stock matches' to be added in game. They could be the best way to level a chassis - e.g. by trading all C-bills income for additional XP.

we have generally found stock ammo works, but you definitely are more team reliant, as most mechs don't have the ammo, or heat endurance to go all "Die Hard" and yippee ki yay the other team.

#19 General Taskeen

• 5,737 posts
  • LocationCircinus

Posted 11 May 2014 - 05:34 AM

@Featherwood - I currently do not know of an EU hosted event, but MechClassic is a hub for Stock Matches where you can host one if you wish. I recommend getting in touch with TygerLily and see about being an admin for one. If you wish you can certainly gather as much EU players as possible and hop on the server on these days at a time that works best.

Generally we have found Stock 'Mechs are pretty closely balanced vs. other Stock 'Mechs, even if some have low armor. Most Lights generally have to be very careful though and require larger 'Mechs to distract. Even with limited ammo its possible to do a lot of damage, but it requires to be very conservative about your shots.

Most players that have tried Stock private matches so far have been unanimous about wanting an official stock mode so people can earn c-bills and xp that way as well if they do not wish to play the customization mode.

Edited by General Taskeen, 11 May 2014 - 05:35 AM.

#20 Barantor

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 2,592 posts
  • LocationLexington, KY USA

Posted 11 May 2014 - 06:47 AM

Another thing to consider when playing lights is the stock speeds do not let you avoid LRMs as easily as they do in non stock configurations where the engine is upgraded.

Though that is offset by the fact that you are still fast enough and small enough to be hard to hit with ballistic weapons at range so most folks will use energy weapons that you can spread. With as little ammo as the stock mechs carry you can't afford to waste AC/10 ammo on something you might not hit!

Many of the mediums can't chase down lights like in a normal MWO game either, so there is that saving grace as well. Lights tend to go after lights (with the cicada still thrown in there).

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users