More Interesting Mastery Skills

No replies to this topic

#1 Jacob Penn

• Pip
  • The Sureshot
  • The Sureshot
  • 19 posts

Posted 22 March 2015 - 12:28 PM

I'd be more into the 21000gxp mastery cost if there were better skills than another module slot.
I have some suggestions for idea moshing if anyone else agrees with me.
1) Burst Fire: From a stationary position an autocannon or gauss could unload 0.5 tons of its respective ammo over a 4 second time. The gun would then need 15 to 30 seconds to reload.
2) Laser Beam: From a no heat on the scale status a laser could beam for 5 cycles doing damage every duration.
3) Missile Salvoes: From a stationary position LRM would fire 3x and SRM would fire 2x Also, this could allow special ammo types like incendiary, swarm, and mines.
4) Anti-Grav Leap: A jump jet equipped mech could leap 100m per jump jet including vectoring while airborne this would cause heat however.
5) Polarizing Armor: Skill with the myomer and limb positions with a centered torso to legs would halve incoming damage for 4 seconds.
6) EMP PPC Bomb: A timed PPC shot explodes for ten seconds. The player must equip the bomb to use the skill. A hit on a mech deals added damage over the ten seconds and counters ecm.
These suggestions obviously would need development, though I believe they could help keep those old mastered mechs interesting and lead to interesting changes in battles.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users