62 replies to this topic

#21 1453 R

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 5,458 posts

Posted 20 May 2014 - 03:42 PM

View PostInflatable Fish, on 20 May 2014 - 12:28 PM, said:

I've a feeling double ASRM6 in the torsos, double SSRM2 in the arms and two MLs, with nigh full armour, top engine and four jump jets is going to be a cool striker build.

something like this:

TBT-7M "Almost Hero"

the 1.5 free ton is the missing streak launcher in the RA.

You've got less than ten shots per ASRM launcher and no ECM penetration for the Streaks - that configuration looks like it's just asking for trouble to me. I'd rather go with something along these lines, meself:

95% Stock Prototype

Three tons for eight tubes is an order of magnitude better than two tons for twelve, and you tend to get better performance out of SRM-4s than SRM-6s anyways. Also managed to shave some armor off the limbs and face to pack the Beagle probe from the stock version back in there, though I couldn't find enough weight to get that fifth jump jet. Still only one ton of ammo for the Streaks, but that's worth 25 shots from each launcher. Should be mostly sufficient for helping deter ECM noids...but honestly? Not sure I want to mix launcher types at all on this sucker

Instead, I present A Funny Notion.

Yes yes yes, I KNOW. Hear me out.

For two tons and two slots over the weight of dual ASRM-6, you get the same SRM alpha as a dual ASRM-6 set-up, but with 9.34 DPS rather than the 6 DPS of the ASRM-6 set-up. The quicker cycle times on the launchers lets you engage faster targets better, and also means that you can correct bad aim quicker, or take advantage of momentary lapses in the enemy's guard more reliably. The arm-mounted launchers are also more nimble for brawling or fast striking than torso-mounted launchers are, without losing the ability to aim entirely the way Streaks do.

Alternatively, with 2xSRM-4 and 2xSRM-2. Your launchers are innately accurate enough to try and run without Artemis altogether, which could let you try something more like this. In this case you get the fifth jump jet, as well as getting the AMS back. You can either keep the original medium pulse lasers if you prefer the higher accuracy of the pulse beams, fit two extra derple heat sinks as I did there, or even drop a derple heat sink in exchange for a second ton of AMS ammo to provide the system some unexpected longevity. You still get all the same alpha as the dual SRM-6 machine as well as the increased DPS and responsiveness of the Artemis version, but trade some missile accuracy out for the support systems we had to rip out of the Artemis-equipped version.

In no version do we deal with Ghost Heat, or the bone-scattering effects of SSRM launchers. I'm honestly highly intrigued by the possibilities and intend to patch the game and crack open me wallet as soon as I get home here.

#22 Inflatable Fish

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Rage
  • Rage
  • 563 posts

Posted 20 May 2014 - 03:50 PM

no BAP was a conscious choice, I tend to not see the point of it if I'm not running SSRM as my main or almost-main hitter (like in a JR7-D or a RVN-3L for instance) and/or I have two or less SSRM launchers.

dunno where you got your maths from, but 2 tons of SRM ammo is 16 full double salvos and 2/3 of a 17th. which should easily last you a match if you make them count.

Edited by Inflatable Fish, 20 May 2014 - 03:52 PM.

#23 BadBird

• PipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 70 posts

Posted 20 May 2014 - 04:30 PM

I run 2x LL and 3x ssrm on my 7m with great success. I wonder if you could squeeze 1 more ssrm....?

#24 1453 R

• Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 5,458 posts

Posted 20 May 2014 - 04:38 PM

View PostInflatable Fish, on 20 May 2014 - 03:50 PM, said:

no BAP was a conscious choice, I tend to not see the point of it if I'm not running SSRM as my main or almost-main hitter (like in a JR7-D or a RVN-3L for instance) and/or I have two or less SSRM launchers.

dunno where you got your maths from, but 2 tons of SRM ammo is 16 full double salvos and 2/3 of a 17th. which should easily last you a match if you make them count.

At which point, I start to question whether or not I need Streaks at all. If I can’t be bassed to take enough equipment to make the devices work properly, then I’m wondering why I’m taking the weapons in the first place.

And yeah, agreed. My math was borked, had an extra /2 in there I didn’t need…but sixteen shots per launcher isn’t enough, not when the missiles are your primary armament. At that point you’re husbanding shots to the point where you’re hurting your output in the match and lessening your impact on it. If you’re not shooting, you’re not helping, and with only sixteen full salvoes of warheads, you can’t afford to be shooting very often, either.

Anyways. I’ll have to take a look at the ‘Mech in closer detail when I’ve got more than three consecutive minutes to spare and decide what to do then. I do still recommend a minimum of one ton of ammo per 4 SRM tubes; 3t ammo for two six-shooters really is the lowest count I’d feel comfortable with, and I’d much rather have four tons if I could find the room. Especially with nothing but two medium lasers to fall back on when the tubes run dry.

EDIT:: Oh! Also!

It’s totez legit possible to shovel two large lasers and four SSRM-2 into the Loup De Guerre:

Like so!

Max armor, four of five jets, Beagle probe, and retains a 300XL-rated engine that lets it hit 106.9kph Tweaked. Not a bad ride at all.

Edited by 1453 R, 20 May 2014 - 05:07 PM.

#25 Inflatable Fish

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Rage
  • Rage
  • 563 posts

Posted 20 May 2014 - 05:20 PM

two SSRM2 is a good enough deterrent for non-ECM lights to think twice about engaging you. especially if you back it up with the speed to turn the initiative and chase them if situation allows. investing a ton and a half for those three ECM-equipped variants seems a bit too much of an investment, especially in a mech with lots of hardpoints you'll want to utilise, like this one.

I see your point regarding the SRM, and to be fair I have a very similar rule of thumb, except I use 1t per 6 tubes as a minimum. squeezing in that additional ton of missiles would be great, but I can only see it done by pulling out a jump jet or two, which I guess isn't that much of a bad deal.

Edited by Inflatable Fish, 20 May 2014 - 05:20 PM.

#26 Devil Fox

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Infernal
  • The Infernal
  • 1,393 posts
  • LocationThe Fox Den

Posted 20 May 2014 - 05:28 PM

That's the build LOUP DE GUERRE I've been looking at. I love that this Treb gives a very nice balance overall...

#27 XxXAbsolutZeroXxX

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Stryker
  • The Stryker
  • 2,056 posts

Posted 20 May 2014 - 05:49 PM

If it had an additional laser hardpoint on the head for tag, it would be perfect.

ECM cicadas, ravens and commandos are tough to acquire ssrm locks on, even with bap.

#28 Devil Fox

• The Infernal
  • The Infernal
  • 1,393 posts
  • LocationThe Fox Den

Posted 20 May 2014 - 07:19 PM

I tried the streak boat... I feel the treb's are too big and slow for it... instead repurpose it like my C4 Catapult into a mobility machine LRM thrower with sufficient short range anti-light capacity.

#29 Elyam

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 538 posts
  • LocationDenver, CO

Posted 20 May 2014 - 09:52 PM

View PostApostal Sinclair, on 20 May 2014 - 05:28 PM, said:

That's the build LOUP DE GUERRE I've been looking at. I love that this Treb gives a very nice balance overall...

It's a Dervish!
http://www.sarna.net/wiki/Dervish

#30 Vadafallon

• PipPip
  • The Bold
  • The Bold
  • 49 posts

Posted 21 May 2014 - 04:22 AM

Why not something like this?

LOUP DE GUERRE

#31 Jody Von Jedi

• The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 1,551 posts
  • LocationNorth Carolina

Posted 21 May 2014 - 04:42 AM

Until PGI fixes missiles, mine's staying in the hangar. I tied running it last night and missiles are broken worse than they've ever been.

#32 Warge

• 1,027 posts
  • LocationKiyiv

Posted 21 May 2014 - 05:07 AM

View PostApostal Sinclair, on 20 May 2014 - 05:28 PM, said:

Less powerful version of HBK-4J. :D

#33 Bront

• Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 4,212 posts
  • LocationInternet

Posted 21 May 2014 - 05:07 AM

View PostSpheroid, on 20 May 2014 - 08:35 AM, said:

Wonder what the tube count is. Artemis SRM24 could be brutal.

20 on all 4 hardpoints.

#34 Vadafallon

• PipPip
  • The Bold
  • The Bold
  • 49 posts

Posted 21 May 2014 - 05:13 AM

What's wrong with missiles?

#35 xMintaka

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 882 posts

Posted 21 May 2014 - 05:22 AM

View PostVadafallon, on 21 May 2014 - 05:13 AM, said:

What's wrong with missiles?

http://mwomercs.com/...e-bug-may-20th/

#36 1453 R

• Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 5,458 posts

Posted 21 May 2014 - 05:43 AM

You know, I'm kinda glad it's not just me. I was doing horrid last night with the thing, no matter what I put on it, and wondering if I'd lost what little touch I had...

#37 SirSlaughter

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 370 posts
  • LocationItaly

Posted 21 May 2014 - 07:52 AM

By the way, it seems that every trebuchet is now able to vary the number of tubes if you equip a bigger launcher. Even the old NARC hardpoint on the TBT-7M is now able to fit an LRM15 with 15 fully working tubes. A LRM20 launcher creates 20 tubes now!

Edited by SirSlaughter, 21 May 2014 - 07:52 AM.

#38 Bront

• Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 4,212 posts
  • LocationInternet

Posted 21 May 2014 - 08:11 AM

View PostSirSlaughter, on 21 May 2014 - 07:52 AM, said:

By the way, it seems that every trebuchet is now able to vary the number of tubes if you equip a bigger launcher. Even the old NARC hardpoint on the TBT-7M is now able to fit an LRM15 with 15 fully working tubes. A LRM20 launcher creates 20 tubes now!

Smurfy says that narc tube is still 1 missile. You sure you're mounting it in the correct torso side?

#39 DONTOR

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 3,804 posts
  • LocationStuck on a piece of Commando in my Ice Ferret

Posted 21 May 2014 - 08:12 AM

View PostCrotch RockIt, on 20 May 2014 - 12:04 PM, said:

Based on the covered missile ports, I'd hazard a guess that the number of tubes per port is as follows:

LA: 10 tubes
RA: 20 tubes
LT: 6 tubes
RT: 6 tubes

EDIT: I stand corrected. Based on another pic I saw, the torsos have at least 10 tubes each.

Every section is capable of 20 tubes.

#40 Devil Fox

• The Infernal
  • The Infernal
  • 1,393 posts
  • LocationThe Fox Den

Posted 22 May 2014 - 12:04 AM

View PostWarge, on 21 May 2014 - 05:07 AM, said:

Less powerful version of HBK-4J. :ph34r:

More useful version... the Hunchback is literally a HUNCH... I can crit those 2 LRM10's in moments, and the 4 lasers are pretty bad at deterring light's away. I've ran 2 SSRM's on almost everything I could and it gets the light's killed, the Hunchback will flounder with that Hunch, XL all the way in the Treb!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users