Clan Pack Mech Variants/configurations! (Reddit Ama)

139 replies to this topic

#81 Risko Vinsheen

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 573 posts

Posted 22 May 2014 - 07:37 PM

Modifying Shar Wolf's original list of hardpoints with hardpoint locations according to my 3050U record sheets. Also had to fix a couple errors in weapon counts/types (ex. the Timber Wolf C has only one ERML instead of two.)

Kit Fox / Uller
P:
LA: 1xERLL 1xSPL
RA: 1xLBAC5 1xSSRM4
-- 1B 2E 1M
D:
LA: 1xLRM15 1xLRM5
RA: 1xLRM15 1xNARC
-- 4M
S: 6xJJ
LA: 1xMPL 1xSSRM4
RA: 1xLPL 1xSPL
LT: 1xMG
RT: 1xMG
-- 6JJ 2B 3E 1M

Nova / Blackhawk
Note: the Nova carries 5 fixed Jump Jets
P: 5xJJ
LA: 6xERML
RA: 6xERML
-- 12E
B: 5xJJ
LA: 1xLPL
RA: 1xUAC5
LT: 2xMG
RT: 1xERSL
-- 3B 2E
S: Active Probe, 5xJJ
LA: 3xMPL
RA: 3xMPL
LT: 2xMG
RT: 2xMG
CT: 1xAMS
-- 4B 6E

Summoner / Thor
Note: Summoner's 5 jump jets may be fixed.
P: 5xJJ
LA: 1xLBAC10
RA: 1xERPPC
LT: 1xLRM15
-- 5xJJ 1B 1E 1M
B: 5xJJ
LA: 1xLRM20 1xSRM4
RA: 1xLRM20 1xSRM4
LT: 1xNARC 1xAMS
-- 5M
D: Targeting Computer, 5xJJ
LA: 1xERLL 1xERML
RA: 1xERLL 1xERML
LT: 1xMG 1xAMS
RT: 1xMG 1xAMS
-- 4E 2B

Dire Wolf / Daishi
P:
LA: 2xERLL 2xMPL 1xUAC5
RA: 2xERLL 2xMPL 1xUAC5
LT: 1xLRM10
-- 2B 8E 1M
A:
LA: 1xGauss
RA: 3xLPL
LT: 2xSSRM6
RT: AMS
-- 1B 3E 2M
B:
LA: 2xERPPC 2xMPL
RA: 1xLBAC10
LT: 2xUAC2
RT: 2xUAC2
CT: 1xERSL
-- 5B 5E

Adder / Puma
Note: all Adder have a fixed Flamer
P: Targeting Computer
LA: 1xERPPC
RA: 1xERPPC
-- 2E
A:
LA: 1xLRM20
RA: 1xLRM20
LT: 1xSPL
RT: 1xSPL
-- 2E 2M
D:
LA: 1xERL
LT: 1xSSRM2
RT: 1xSSRM2
-- 1B 1E 2M

Stormcrow / Ryoken
P:
HD: 1xERML
-- 5E
C:
LA: 1xLBAC10
RA: 1xLPL
LT: 1xMPL
RT: 1xMPL
-- 1B 3E
D:
LA: 1xLRM20
RA: 1xLRM20
LT: 2xSRM2
RT: NARC
-- 5M

Timber Wolf / Madcat
P:
LT: 1xMPL 1xLRM20
RT: 1xMG 1xLRM20
CT: 1xMG
-- 2B 5E 2M
C:
LA: 2xERLL
LT: 1xLRM15 1xAMS
RT: 1xLRM15
CT: 1xERML
-- 1B 3E 2M
S: 5xJJ
LA: 1xLPL
RA: 2xMPL
LT: 2xSRM6 1xMG
RT: 2xSRM6 1xMG 1xERSL
-- 5JJ 2B 4E 4M

Warhawk / Masakari
P: Targeting Computer
LA: 2xERPPC 1xLRM10
RA: 2xERPPC
-- 4E 1M
A: Targeting Computer
LA: 2xERLL 1xSSRM6
RA: 1xLBAC10
RT: 1xLRM15
-- 1B 2E 2M
B: Targeting Computer
LA: 1xGauss 1xERSL
RA: 3xERML
RT: 2xSRM6
CT: NARC
-- 1B 4E 3M

(If anyone else spots any errors I missed feel free to point them out so I can fix them.)

Edited by Risko Vinsheen, 24 May 2014 - 01:33 PM.

#82 Rat of the Legion Vega

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Bushido
  • The Bushido
  • 384 posts

Posted 22 May 2014 - 08:54 PM

So it will be in the interests of I.S. teams to load up on LRMs since the Clan teams have no counter. Interesting. Now if PGI makes artillery/airstrikes exclusive to I.S. as well, they might be well on their way to balancing the two sides without needing to nerf Clean weaponry into oblivion.

Of course, being this is PGI, they will fumble the implementation of everything.

#83 EgoSlayer

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Wrath
  • Wrath
  • 1,909 posts
  • Location[REDACTED]

Posted 23 May 2014 - 12:07 AM

View PostRat of the Legion Vega, on 22 May 2014 - 08:54 PM, said:

So it will be in the interests of I.S. teams to load up on LRMs since the Clan teams have no counter. Interesting. Now if PGI makes artillery/airstrikes exclusive to I.S. as well, they might be well on their way to balancing the two sides without needing to nerf Clean weaponry into oblivion.

Of course, being this is PGI, they will fumble the implementation of everything.

I know for certain that some of them have Clan AMS, for example Direwolf A has it. I think they just didn't list it has a hard point anywhere. Or it's the only one that PGI is releasing that has it maybe?

But they are all going to be so fast they'll be able to run for cover... oh wait no engine changes...

Edited by EgoSlayer, 23 May 2014 - 12:08 AM.

#84 N0MAD

• 1,757 posts

Posted 23 May 2014 - 12:49 AM

So whats this Timberwolf meant to Jump snipe with?
An Ultra 5, or its lassers?, maybe its LRMs?

#85 anonymous161

• FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • 1,267 posts
  • LocationIowa

Posted 23 May 2014 - 12:51 AM

None of it matters if the game wont work, several times now I will be knea deep into a match close to winning and I get disconnected, which never happened before now I'm thinking about just demanding a refund for the clan package and giving up. This is a pathetic excuse for a game, I dont know any other game with so many glaring problems as this. It's no fun to play anymore.

#86 N0MAD

• 1,757 posts

Posted 23 May 2014 - 01:00 AM

Where does it say that the weapons in the Weapons pods for clan mechs can be changed? i was under the impression the weapons themselfs couldnt be changed..

#87 darkkterror

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 814 posts

Posted 23 May 2014 - 01:02 AM

View PostN0MAD, on 23 May 2014 - 12:49 AM, said:

So whats this Timberwolf meant to Jump snipe with?
An Ultra 5, or its lassers?, maybe its LRMs?

CERPPCs? Maybe some LB-X 5's with slug ammo (though I don't know if we're getting the LB-X 5 with the Clan mechs).

#88 Risko Vinsheen

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 573 posts

Posted 23 May 2014 - 01:08 AM

View PostN0MAD, on 23 May 2014 - 01:00 AM, said:

Where does it say that the weapons in the Weapons pods for clan mechs can be changed? i was under the impression the weapons themselfs couldnt be changed..

The pods have hardpoints the same way Inner Sphere mechs have hardpoints. The difference is that they can be swapped between variants of a mech.

#89 Vagabond HT

• PipPipPip
  • Trinary Star Captain
  • Trinary Star Captain
  • 81 posts
  • LocationScotland

Posted 23 May 2014 - 01:09 AM

View Postdarkkterror, on 23 May 2014 - 01:02 AM, said:

CERPPCs? Maybe some LB-X 5's with slug ammo (though I don't know if we're getting the LB-X 5 with the Clan mechs).

The LB-X 5 will be there since the prime kitfox uses it. i think all the full range of Ultras,LB-X,Streaks,LRMs,SRM and lasers will be in game just because they are not on a config does not mean they are not there. i mean look at the LB-10X it was in mwo when none of the stock mechs had it. i mean we need to spend our c-bills on something post clan invasion.

#90 N0MAD

• 1,757 posts

Posted 23 May 2014 - 01:22 AM

View Postdarkkterror, on 23 May 2014 - 01:02 AM, said:

None of the listed TW variants carry a PPC or LBX...
and i dont think you can change a weapon within the Mech part as in( change out a weapon in say the Right torso or any other Mech Part)

#91 Xeraphale

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 241 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 23 May 2014 - 01:28 AM

Stormcrow D AKA the Streakcrow. Just needs an omni pod for TAG, really.

Swap out the right Torso from the C and you're there. Or, better still, put all the arm/torso pods onto the prime which has an energy hardpoint in the head.

Edited by Xeraphale, 23 May 2014 - 01:33 AM.

#92 Captain Stiffy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 2,234 posts

Posted 23 May 2014 - 01:31 AM

View PostShar Wolf, on 22 May 2014 - 03:51 PM, said:

Dire Wolf / Daishi
B: 4xUAC2 2xERPPC 1xLBAC10 2xMPL 1xERSL
-- 5B 5E

wat

#93 darkkterror

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 814 posts

Posted 23 May 2014 - 01:31 AM

View PostN0MAD, on 23 May 2014 - 01:22 AM, said:

None of the listed TW variants carry a PPC or LBX...
and i dont think you can change a weapon within the Mech part as in( change out a weapon in say the Right torso or any other Mech Part)

You can change the weapons. The only exception is that some weapons or equipment might be considered part of the base configuration and thus unchangeable. The only example I know of right now is the Flamer in the CT of the Adder. That cannot be removed. Any weapon carried in either of the arms or side torsos should be changeable, since they are part of an Omnipod and since Omnipods can be changed they cannot be considered an unchangeable part of the base configuration.

#94 N0MAD

• 1,757 posts

Posted 23 May 2014 - 01:51 AM

View Postdarkkterror, on 23 May 2014 - 01:31 AM, said:

You can change the weapons. The only exception is that some weapons or equipment might be considered part of the base configuration and thus unchangeable. The only example I know of right now is the Flamer in the CT of the Adder. That cannot be removed. Any weapon carried in either of the arms or side torsos should be changeable, since they are part of an Omnipod and since Omnipods can be changed they cannot be considered an unchangeable part of the base configuration.

Really, you think that? i think you beter check that.

#95 darkkterror

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 814 posts

Posted 23 May 2014 - 01:56 AM

View PostN0MAD, on 23 May 2014 - 01:51 AM, said:

I think you are the one that needs to do some checking, since it is your information that is unfounded. I suggest you go and actually read the Omnimech Rules and Construction post in the Command Chair section.

#96 Risko Vinsheen

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 573 posts

Posted 23 May 2014 - 01:57 AM

http://mwomercs.com/...d-construction/

Check for yourself.

Omnimechs have swappable pods, and each pod has hardpoints that can have weapons swapped in and out. This hasn't been in question since the omnipod system was announced.

Edited by Risko Vinsheen, 23 May 2014 - 01:59 AM.

#97 SirLANsalot

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,540 posts
  • LocationWashington State

Posted 23 May 2014 - 02:04 AM

He is right.

only a few mechs have fixed weapons, anyone else telling you the weapons cannot be changed are full of ****.

JJ's cannot be removed, so the number they have, they get, permanently. Heatsinks cannot be removed (mostly) there is a minimum number of HS each clan omni mech cannot drop below. Example: Warhawk has 20 DHS and cannot drop below that, but you can always add more to it.

Endo/ferro crits are also locked to where they are, however they only take up 7 crits each, so even a mech with both only takes up 14 crits.

Armor normally cannot be changed, but they have said you can move it around (unknown if that means you can run underarmored) but you can "frontload" it at the very least.

As stated before. Big ballistics/PPC's are remove the Hand and lower arm actuator when placed in an Arm, it doesn't do this for beams or missiles.

#98 Strum Wealh

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Raider
  • The Raider
  • 5,025 posts
  • LocationPittsburgh, PA

Posted 23 May 2014 - 02:53 AM

View PostSirLANsalot, on 23 May 2014 - 02:04 AM, said:

JJ's cannot be removed, so the number they have, they get, permanently. Heatsinks cannot be removed (mostly) there is a minimum number of HS each clan omni mech cannot drop below. Example: Warhawk has 20 DHS and cannot drop below that, but you can always add more to it.

Like the DHS, any Jump Jets should be removable if they are not part of the base chassis' listed equipment.
The Command Chair post states:
  • "Some OmniMechs, as determined by Design, have specific weapons or other pieces of equipment (such as jump jets) as part of their base configuration."
  • "These weapons and equipment can be neither moved nor removed."
For example, the Jump Jets on the Mad Cat S aren't listed as fixed equipment on the base chassis (unlike, say, the Flamer built into the Puma's CT or the first five Jump Jets on the Thor), so they should be removable.

Do you have a citable Dev statement (including links for forum/Twitter/etc posts, and links + timestamps for VLogs & podcasts) indicating that all Jump Jets for all OmniMech configs will be fixed, regardless of BT status? ;)

Edited by Strum Wealh, 23 May 2014 - 02:55 AM.

#99 Onmyoudo

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Scythe
  • The Scythe
  • 955 posts

Posted 23 May 2014 - 03:00 AM

A Dakka Wolf with 6 UAC5s, 8 tonnes of ammo and a whole lotta boom is gonna be pretty fun... when it comes out in September for those of us who think the preorder is too expensive.

In the meantime there's going to be a lot of very powerful builds available for MC only. Might want to avoid playing for a while if you're in the IS... or hope they get those Clanbusters up and running so we can stand a chance.

#100 Steve Pryde

• Ace Of Spades
  • 1,465 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 23 May 2014 - 03:26 AM

View PostRed1769, on 22 May 2014 - 04:34 PM, said:

It'll be three unless you like having only two tons of ammo.

Got ninja'd ;)

U can took armor off so it's possible and u will see it on the battlefield.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users