• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 616 posts
  • LocationBristol, Tennessee

Posted 06 June 2014 - 01:15 PM

View Postwillismaximus, on 24 May 2014 - 08:28 AM, said:

Timberwolf S??

Holy crap. 5JJ flying multi-AC ERPPC TimberWolf poptarts. I was really hoping they wouldn't include a JJ capable Timberwolf. Gonna be so many of those bunny hopping around :P

S core, S side torsos, C Arms= 5JJ, LT B, RT B, RA B, LA 2X E (and 4 M slots if you want)

Not sure how much pinpoint alpha you can squeeze into that though. JJs take up a lot of room/weight. Also we dont know yet if LBX standard rounds are going to work the same as cUAC (PP or DOT?)

In fact, being less than a month away, it's remarkable just how much we don't know about what they're trying to sell us.

But I digress . . .

If they give this variant a good engine, poptarting will be less of a problem. I'm expecting a max speed of 84km/h with a Timberwolf, however :P

Would be fun to play a JJ Timber wolf with the same playstyle of a Mad Cat Mk II, high speed and Blitz jumpjetting around opponents. Since we can't change engines out, this probably won't be a possibility, however...
I believe PGI said they're working on the current poptart sniping meta, so this will be fixed either way. Still don't see why JJ's dont fire at a 45 degree angle, causing the player to move up and forward in a lateral motion. If they did this, the player would lose a little bit of control but it would also force poptart players to use "wallbanging" tactics. They would have to hug a building or straight cliff in order to poptart, and even then there's a possibility of getting jetted onto the top of the structure, thereby making poptart tactics USELESS.

#22 Rooshovuak

Rookie

• Knight Errant
  • 2 posts

Posted 09 June 2014 - 08:06 AM

Well i will have a dire wolf and may arm one of them with twin lbx 20ac ....then whatever else comes my way

#23 IraqiWalker

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 9,682 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 09 June 2014 - 08:44 AM

View PostPezzer, on 06 June 2014 - 01:15 PM, said:

thereby making poptart tactics USELESS.

That's the main reason they are not, and should not do that.

Poptarting should always be in the game. After all, the real problem isn't poptarting, but rather the PP FLD, with Instant convergence that we have right now.

#24 Tim East

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 1,422 posts

Posted 09 June 2014 - 09:10 AM

They could always set the ranges on weapons to equal canon. That'd change the sniping meta pretty quickly, though probably not eliminate it. Ranges would cap out at ~1320 for weapons that don't exist yet in the timeline, and maybe we could get the long tom or arrow IV for people who wanted to really snipe. And hatchets for people who wanted to brawl. :(

#25 101011

• The Infernal
  • The Infernal
  • 1,393 posts
  • LocationSector ZZ9 Plural Z Alpha, on a small blue-green planet orbiting a small, unregarded yellow sun.

Posted 09 June 2014 - 09:16 AM

I will just leave this here: http://goo.gl/znkhce

#26 Lily from animove

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Devoted
  • The Devoted
  • 13,891 posts
  • LocationOn a dropship to Terra

Posted 10 June 2014 - 03:45 AM

me leaves this

[NOVA-PRIME]: 4xCERSL, 8xCERML, 4xCMG, Clan XL250, DHS

[NOVA-PRIME]: 13xCFLMR, 2xCMG, Clan XL250, DHS

Edited by Lily from animove, 10 June 2014 - 03:52 AM.

#27 IraqiWalker

• FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 9,682 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 10 June 2014 - 04:17 AM

View PostLily from animove, on 10 June 2014 - 03:45 AM, said:

The flamer set up was hilarious. I need to find a name for that. If we had infantry in this game that mech would be an absolute beast on the field. Just wipe out entire squads with a single brush. It's like the Piranha's pyromaniac cousin.

#28 Tim East

• Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 1,422 posts

Posted 10 June 2014 - 04:27 AM

Flamer Nova is best Nova. I would play that just to watch the giant stream of blinding fire everywhere.

#29 Ovion

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Vicious
  • The Vicious
  • 3,182 posts

Posted 10 June 2014 - 04:31 AM

Mmmm, 13 Flamers.

Realisticly, that, but an AC20 or twin LBXs if possible, then you strip and destroy!

#30 Tim East

• Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 1,422 posts

Posted 10 June 2014 - 04:43 AM

[DIRE WOLF-PRIME]: 2xCLB5X, 6xCMPL, 2xCERPPC, CAMS, Clan XL300, DHS

Edited by Tim East, 10 June 2014 - 04:45 AM.

#31 Lily from animove

• The Devoted
  • The Devoted
  • 13,891 posts

Posted 10 June 2014 - 04:45 AM

View PostIraqiWalker, on 10 June 2014 - 04:17 AM, said:

The flamer set up was hilarious. I need to find a name for that. If we had infantry in this game that mech would be an absolute beast on the field. Just wipe out entire squads with a single brush. It's like the Piranha's pyromaniac cousin.

Well,

Flare
Pyromaniac
Campfire

Depending on your insanity Level you can just call it
BUUUUUUURRRRN

But definately needs some classic rock songs to roll with

#32 IraqiWalker

• FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 9,682 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 10 June 2014 - 06:16 AM

View PostLily from animove, on 10 June 2014 - 04:45 AM, said:

Well,

Flare
Pyromaniac
Campfire

Depending on your insanity Level you can just call it
BUUUUUUURRRRN

But definately needs some classic rock songs to roll with

Still gonna keep brainstorming name ideas.

The classic rock was something I was thinking of. However, I was thinking that if I were to be in that mech, cruising at max speed wiping out infantry and vehicles, I would want large speakers to blast this while I blaze by in a hail of fire and bullets.

#33 xMintaka

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 882 posts

Posted 10 June 2014 - 10:41 AM

[STORMCROW-PRIME]: 2xCERSL, 2xCERPPC, 3xCERML, Clan XL330, DHS, Endo, Ferro

Can't wait to try this. The same premise as my highly successful DRG-Flame build, just with a lot more bite.

I'm going to have a meltdown come the 17th.

#34 Pezzer

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 616 posts

Posted 10 June 2014 - 12:47 PM

View PostIraqiWalker, on 09 June 2014 - 08:44 AM, said:

That's the main reason they are not, and should not do that.

Poptarting should always be in the game. After all, the real problem isn't poptarting, but rather the PP FLD, with Instant convergence that we have right now.

Well, since the devs said convergence is staying but poptarting is being looked at, which change do you think we're going to see? Ofc the instant convergence is the problem. It's also simply a part of the game, and we can't do anything about it ^_^

#35 IraqiWalker

• FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 9,682 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 10 June 2014 - 04:33 PM

View PostPezzer, on 10 June 2014 - 12:47 PM, said:

Well, since the devs said convergence is staying but poptarting is being looked at, which change do you think we're going to see? Ofc the instant convergence is the problem. It's also simply a part of the game, and we can't do anything about it :(

Actually, back in closed beta, we had gradual convergence. It's why things like convergence speed mattered so much more back then. If they would re-implement that system, even with arm lock, things would improve a bit.

#36 Pezzer

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 616 posts

Posted 11 June 2014 - 01:40 PM

View PostIraqiWalker, on 10 June 2014 - 04:33 PM, said:

Actually, back in closed beta, we had gradual convergence. It's why things like convergence speed mattered so much more back then. If they would re-implement that system, even with arm lock, things would improve a bit.

We did? Guess that partly explains why it took so much time to core a single Mech...
I wasn't active when that feature was taken out, my bad. They SHOULD re-implement that system. Doubt that they will though, but who knows ;)

#37 Lily from animove

• The Devoted
  • The Devoted
  • 13,891 posts

Posted 14 June 2014 - 12:06 PM

View PostIraqiWalker, on 10 June 2014 - 06:16 AM, said:

The classic rock was something I was thinking of. However, I was thinking that if I were to be in that mech, cruising at max speed wiping out infantry and vehicles, I would want large speakers to blast this while I blaze by in a hail of fire and bullets.

View PostIraqiWalker, on 10 June 2014 - 06:16 AM, said:

name it
Solar Storm
Zippo
BBQ master (or anything else including BBQ)
Blow Torch

Why can't we spam such stuff via Warhorns?

Edited by Lily from animove, 14 June 2014 - 12:23 PM.

#38 IraqiWalker

• FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 9,682 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 14 June 2014 - 12:45 PM

View PostPezzer, on 11 June 2014 - 01:40 PM, said:

We did? Guess that partly explains why it took so much time to core a single Mech...
I wasn't active when that feature was taken out, my bad. They SHOULD re-implement that system. Doubt that they will though, but who knows :)

We had a lot of awesome features in beta. However, many of them proved to be either broken (knocking down an Atlas had a good chance of crashing the entire match for everyone basically), or just punitive to new players (R&R).

View PostLily from animove, on 14 June 2014 - 12:06 PM, said:

name it
Solar Storm
Zippo
BBQ master (or anything else including BBQ)
Blow Torch

Blowtorch is a really good one. It's definitely a contender.

View PostLily from animove, on 14 June 2014 - 12:06 PM, said:

Why can't we spam such stuff via Warhorns?

Because you would get TK'ed in 2.7 seconds?

#39 Lily from animove

• The Devoted
  • The Devoted
  • 13,891 posts

Posted 17 June 2014 - 12:29 AM

View PostIraqiWalker, on 14 June 2014 - 12:45 PM, said:

Blowtorch is a really good one. It's definitely a contender.

Unfortunatel it isn't much blowtorching, the damage spread is epic, alone trying to roast a commando in TESTING GROUNDS was a pain. Its 100% troll build indeed.

#40 IraqiWalker

• FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 9,682 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 17 June 2014 - 04:22 AM

View PostLily from animove, on 17 June 2014 - 12:29 AM, said:

Unfortunatel it isn't much blowtorching, the damage spread is epic, alone trying to roast a commando in TESTING GROUNDS was a pain. Its 100% troll build indeed.

Can't believe you actually did it. I personally enjoyed running the C-ERML, C-MG Nova build you suggested, and it is fun! Now that smurfy has the clan mechs uploaded, I'm gonna go fiddle with them there, and create some stupid builds (6xUAC2 Daishi, for maximum cockpit shake, or 2xLB-20X Daishi). This game is going to be a lot more fun than I expected.

Edited by IraqiWalker, 17 June 2014 - 04:22 AM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users