Dev Vlog #4

263 replies to this topic

#261 Stingray Productions

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,906 posts

Posted 21 January 2016 - 11:36 AM

View PostNFSRacer, on 20 January 2016 - 07:04 AM, said:

I figured as much, and it was something I brought up back when the game was in closed beta. I just think the game could benefit from having a PvE mode as well as having possibly PvE targets fighting in the faction battles to provide a bit more of a challenge to the other mechs. Still, it might be for something to ask about later.

Even some of the best board games are players VS the game (like Arkham Horror). Some people just can't stand fighting other people, they'd rather fight a fictional entity.

#262 IraqiWalker

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 9,682 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 27 January 2016 - 01:53 AM

View PostNFSRacer, on 20 January 2016 - 07:04 AM, said:

I figured as much, and it was something I brought up back when the game was in closed beta. I just think the game could benefit from having a PvE mode as well as having possibly PvE targets fighting in the faction battles to provide a bit more of a challenge to the other mechs. Still, it might be for something to ask about later.

View PostStingray1234, on 21 January 2016 - 11:36 AM, said:

Even some of the best board games are players VS the game (like Arkham Horror). Some people just can't stand fighting other people, they'd rather fight a fictional entity.

Absolutely, and I think they realize that. The problem is that they have to make the A.I. themselves. Right now, about as much as you can get out of that is mechs that march forward, and target the player, and shoot them. It will take them some time, and I believe PVE will be a fantastic way to train people. Especially new players.

If either of you ever played Armored Warfare (it's F2P, but I believe still in early access), half the game is in the PVE matches.

#263 Stingray Productions

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,906 posts

Posted 27 January 2016 - 06:52 AM

View PostIraqiWalker, on 27 January 2016 - 01:53 AM, said:

If either of you ever played Armored Warfare (it's F2P, but I believe still in early access), half the game is in the PVE matches.

I have not played it, maybe I'll go take a look at it.

#264 IraqiWalker

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 9,682 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 27 January 2016 - 10:30 PM

View PostStingray1234, on 27 January 2016 - 06:52 AM, said:

I have not played it, maybe I'll go take a look at it.

If you like tanks, with proper armor models, instead of the weird non-sensical ones in WoT, and like to see tanks that were used past WWII, I highly recommend it.

You can even get rewards for bouncing damage off your armor.

I highly recommend watching some of The Mighty Jingles' videos on Armored Warfare. They are both fun, and educational.

Like this one:

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users