If You Were Forced To Pick A Clan To Play, Which Clan Would It Be?

94 replies to this topic

#41 Karl Marlow

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 2,277 posts

Posted 03 June 2014 - 05:33 AM

Ghost Bear. I like bears.
Followed closely by Wolf and Jade Falcon.
Nova Cat
Steel Viper
Any of the other random clans
Smoke Jaguars would be dead last.

I'm still hoping they let us have dual allegiance so IC an be Clan Ghost Bear when using my Clan mechs and House Marik when using IS mechs.

#42 Remarius

Banned - Cheating

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 820 posts
  • LocationBrighton, England

Posted 03 June 2014 - 07:07 AM

Main Clan - Clan Wolf (Warden side later)

Home Clan - Blood Spirit (just because they were the underdogs)

#43 Harathan

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 970 posts
  • LocationSouthern California

Posted 03 June 2014 - 08:00 AM

View PostEpicWarlord, on 02 June 2014 - 09:25 PM, said:

Let me expand my thoughts on this so that it appears to be less laughable. One of my main dislikes of the clans are their societal structures that feature a Caste system with their fixations on Trials and Bloodnames.

Ok. This bit at least makes sense, although I think it ignores some brilliant fluff that gives each clan a unique flavour. The point you made about TT tho, I don't get. Yep, Clans broke TT. Doesn't mean the fiction behind them is any less nuanced than the fiction behing the Houses.

#44 _Comrade_

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 1,120 posts

Posted 03 June 2014 - 07:54 PM

Besides the one's we can pick already

Goliath Scorpain or Snow Raven , Diamond Shark is cool too i may switch when they release those tags in a year (5 wave of invasion)

#45 Gyrok

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Star Colonel III
  • Star Colonel III
  • 5,879 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationPeriphery of the Inner Sphere, moving toward the core worlds with each passing day.

Posted 04 June 2014 - 03:56 PM

View PostHANGMAN1962, on 30 May 2014 - 04:22 PM, said:

clan widowmaker!
destroyers of clan wolverine!
ubsorbed by clan wolf!

Wolves destroyed those who shall not be named, and absorbed the widowmakers. Though, technically, if you buy into it, the Ghost Bears watched a single jump ship full of the not named leave clan space (many think it was to spite the wolves...).

#46 tucsonspeed6

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • 408 posts

Posted 04 June 2014 - 04:17 PM

Minnesota Tribe!

#47 Xoxim SC

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Universe
  • The Universe
  • 453 posts

Posted 04 June 2014 - 04:56 PM

Clan Ghost Bear, because their colors are blue and white (my favs, and literally the only reason why I chose them).

#48 Valdemaar

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 227 posts

Posted 04 June 2014 - 05:23 PM

Clan Ghost Bear without a doubt. I'm still torn between going with them or staying FRR, although I guess in a couple years it won't matter :)

#49 Beik Ross Norst

• PipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 61 posts
  • LocationEerie, PA

Posted 10 June 2014 - 07:16 PM

if I HAD to play a clanner, I'd put a gun in my mouth and blow my brains out

#50 Aerik Lornes

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 183 posts
  • LocationAlshain , December 31st, 3078

Posted 17 June 2014 - 01:53 PM

View PostHarathan, on 03 June 2014 - 08:00 AM, said:

Ok. This bit at least makes sense, although I think it ignores some brilliant fluff that gives each clan a unique flavour. The point you made about TT tho, I don't get. Yep, Clans broke TT. Doesn't mean the fiction behind them is any less nuanced than the fiction behing the Houses.

In addition to what EpicWarlord notes game-wise, the fiction behind them isn't worth using to wipe my rear. Utter rubbish as well. Nonsensical drivel that makes the worst slash fic high art. I love Battletech, but the clans were FASA wiping their own rear ends on the game.

Like others, I'd rather not play than choose a clan.

#51 Juvat

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 671 posts
  • LocationIn the Mechbay tinkering with my Mechs...

Posted 17 June 2014 - 03:48 PM

Nova Cat all the way...

#52 Nova Latios Storm

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Grizzly
  • The Grizzly
  • 606 posts
  • LocationAnother Galaxy

Posted 18 June 2014 - 04:55 AM

Ill pick the one with the most tech, steal a mech and head back to the FRR. >:3

#53 C E Dwyer

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 9,274 posts
  • LocationHiding in the periphery, from Bounty Hunters

Posted 18 June 2014 - 05:19 AM

If I was forced to play a clan, I would do more than just stop playing, as I currently have, hoping that all the money I have spent actually hasn't been a waste and oneday come back,but would also uninstal, and ask visa to investigate reclaiming my money for good not received in a reasonable time frame, and exclusives suddenly turning into free items only.

Yes I'd automatically be banned from PGI products with no chance of appeal, but I hope this demonstrates without a doubt my utter contempt for the clan concept, which buggered up this game, even before it was digitised

#54 Alexander Steel

• The Hunter
  • The Hunter
  • 1,031 posts

Posted 18 June 2014 - 04:21 PM

From the Clans in the IS it was a hard close call between Wolf And Ghost Bear. In the end the focus on family and like that the Ghost Bears have won it over. The fact that each Ghost Bear also puts together a great work like a painting, sculpture or writing that they devote their life to making is also pretty cool. Also the way the Ghost Bears treated their IS holdings was cool as all belief, and the fact that in order to really advance in their military you have to hunt a ghost bear with a freaking spear is pretty cool.

Wolf because of their Warden nature and they eventually become the Wolves in Exile and the ties to Wolf's Dragoons.

As for other clans. Snow Raven for their Navy building and their ties to the Ghost Bears and Coyote for their ties to both Wolf and Ghost bear as well as their Warden + Mystic + Science background.

Edited by Alexander Steel, 18 June 2014 - 04:22 PM.

#55 Sparks Murphey

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 2,953 posts
  • LocationAdelaide, Australia

Posted 18 June 2014 - 05:23 PM

Of the four so far, Clan Ghost Bear. Of the Clans in general, Clan Diamond Shark.

#56 Podex

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 657 posts
  • LocationThe soup kitchen in your Prius

Posted 18 June 2014 - 05:40 PM

Wolf. I lean more toward the warden side of things.

#57 Julian Langsdorf III

• PipPipPip
  • 68 posts
  • LocationVirginia, USA

Posted 21 June 2014 - 07:20 AM

Probably the Ghost Bears. In a collaborative fiction game (online rpg) game that I'm part of, I am a member of a Rasalhague Dominion group, circa 3080s.

#58 0phialacria

• PipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 60 posts
  • LocationQuietly stealing your heart

Posted 28 June 2014 - 09:26 AM

I'm currently reading through the Marik re-establishment of the Mechwarrior knighthood right now in 3056 i think it is. I enjoy their idealism in re-creating an elite class of Mechwarrior that is looked up to by the people.

But what I truly love about the clans is that they never really left that ideal. The Mechwarriors of the clan ARE already some of their elite. The clans remind me of the Spartans; chasing combat across the stars in search of ever greater achievements. They push their race to become the best that they possibly can, and have strict rules about always continuing to utilize that which is still useful. They are intense, and combat-centric to their society. But so were the Spartans, and they created the greatest warriors of Hellenic Greece, (and most likely the world). The clans are the ideal of if Sparta was allowed to flourish as a nation.
Contrary to what people think, the Clans have such an advantage over the IS because they WEREN'T the war-mongering blood-thirsty purveyors of violence that everyone thinks. They were a strict and austere warrior society, but like Sparta, they had enough respect to understand that while war was in their nature, they were to ever prepare for it while maintaining the common sense to know when waging it would be a waste. The Clans are so technologically advanced because they found ways to work together to advance their society as a whole. The same way I imagine Sparta would have if they had spread to the corners of the world.
Conflict would have been inevitable once Sparta found itself self-managing it's tendency toward aggressive action. Conflict would have broken out, but it would have been aimed towards the betterment of the nation as a whole, as the Clans aim for. The breeding of the best warriors possible through trials of combat to prove the worthiness of the combatants.
If you look past it as simply a bout of warmongering, and take a view on it as a betterment of this society's ideals, it becomes a rather noble and beautiful way of going about conflict. It has it's means of honor, and glory, but not at a cost to the society. Rather, as a means to achieving a greater end.

I would say, on that note, that Clan Nova Cat inspires me. I loved the Wolves, and Clan Ghost bear has a great theology. Clan Jade Falcon has an amazing background as well.

But if you look at the Remembrance, Clan Nova Cat has some intensive and engrossing storylines. Also, they were the clan that developed the best Elemental armor that ended up becoming the basis for the rest of the Clan's progression along that line of technology.

On top of it, come join us.

#59 Alexander Steel

• The Hunter
  • The Hunter
  • 1,031 posts

Posted 02 July 2014 - 07:40 PM

I think you have vastly misunderstood the clans. For the most part the clans have been fighting against each other for the entire history of their existence, claiming each others worlds, warriors, tech, whatever the other guy had that they wanted. They are the ultimate in Might Makes Right society. They very rarely work together. Once one clan makes something new, the other clans keep waging proxy battles for the tech until they win and get access to it as well, there is nothing co-operative about that.

Even during the invasion of the IS they kept on stabbing each other, fighting over worlds, and taking each others stuff whenever they could. When the IS decided to destroy the Smoke Jags, the other clans basically watched them do it and other than picking off any choice piece of Jag property they wanted they didn't lift a finger.

Edited by Alexander Steel, 02 July 2014 - 07:42 PM.

#60 Hollow Earth

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Brother
  • Big Brother
  • 300 posts
  • LocationIntergalactic House of Pancakes

Posted 08 July 2014 - 11:56 PM

Probably Ghost Bears. based on what little i know of Clans, they are closest to functioning like an actual civilization instead of like a bunch of techno barbarians. (ostensibly)
Or Clan Diamond Shark. Diamonds are cool and Sharks are cool. making MadCat II's and III's and selling them to the sphere for money and annoying the other clans with. (as far as i know). would change my icon to Diamond Sharks simply on the design alone. :angry:

Edited by Hollow Earth, 08 July 2014 - 11:57 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users