Ethical Conundrum

47 replies to this topic

#41 LawDawg

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 372 posts
  • LocationOn the ATTACK!!!

Posted 30 May 2014 - 12:40 PM

View PostBishop Steiner, on 30 May 2014 - 11:55 AM, said:

Yes. I know. Hence Kill and get back to the fight. The Farming itself has been addressed enough. I was addressing the point of the post I quoted.

Unless he is not there because he returned from his piss break, moved and now kills your team with his fresh Mech.

ALWAYS kill the mech. The only good enemy mech is a Dead or verified Disconnected one. If it's verifiably Disco, then kill it or leave it, it's up to you.

So if he went in and saved / helped his team out.............. Now that 1 mech returned from his (Piss) Break. Guess what? Gallows Sir. Usually..............Ive seen and have been there, see some skilled warriors walk out of worse, im sure you have. But odds are, hes the walking DEAD.

#42 Levi Porphyrogenitus

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary
  • Mercenary
  • 4,763 posts
  • LocationAurora, Indiana, USA, North America, Earth, Sol, Milky Way

Posted 30 May 2014 - 02:06 PM

Headshot it quickly and then move along. Alternatively, especially if you know it has an XL based on its Target Info, get behind it and pop a side torso, then move along.

#43 OneEyed Jack

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,500 posts

Posted 30 May 2014 - 02:10 PM

View PostBishop Steiner, on 30 May 2014 - 11:51 AM, said:

even then it's artificial epeen because your score really means nothing. Kill the thing and get it over with. You never know when one of his friends may show up to keep your otherwise occupied.

Screw score. It's damage, which is cash e-money, and XP, which sometimes matters a bit. Not that I endorse the action in such a situation, but it's not just epeen.

View PostSLDF LawDog, on 30 May 2014 - 12:40 PM, said:

So if he went in and saved / helped his team out.............. Now that 1 mech returned from his (Piss) Break. Guess what? Gallows Sir. Usually..............Ive seen and have been there, see some skilled warriors walk out of worse, im sure you have. But odds are, hes the walking DEAD.

You assume they still have enough firepower and armor left in a position to simply overwhelm him. If they were previously losing, that's not really a safe assumption.

#44 Martis Gradivus

• PipPipPip
  • 74 posts
  • LocationBusy taking DC planets

Posted 30 May 2014 - 02:29 PM

View PostMcgral18, on 30 May 2014 - 11:04 AM, said:

Damage farming is bad, Mkay?

Take the headshot if you want, but don't spend 3 minutes farming every point of damage you can.

Your is the ethical answer, and from a team perspective, the appropriate one.

Unfortunately, the game mechanics REWARDS this very behaviour with XP, C-Bills and K/D stats as well.

Eliminate K/D ratios, remove damage and components and kills and assists = XP and C-Bills and this behaviour is no longer promoted.

Personally, I core out through the back and move on.

#45 Oper8or

• Pip
  • Bad Company
  • 18 posts

Posted 30 May 2014 - 02:34 PM

Help the team, then if I'm out numbered and I'm the last one (like that would ever happen) I'd run back to him and take him out.

#46 Creovex

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Blood Bound
  • The Blood Bound
  • 1,466 posts
  • LocationLegendary Founder, Masakari Collector, Man-O-War Collector, Wrath Collector, Gladiator Collector, Mauler Collector

Posted 30 May 2014 - 04:39 PM

View PostAllanRN, on 30 May 2014 - 11:02 AM, said:

So you are charging around in your light mech at 150k. The going gets rough and you have made enough of a nuisance of yourself that the big boys start putting group fire your way. Discretion being the better part of valour you dive round a corner to cool down before the next charge of the light brigade. There, standing in front of you, is a big juicy heavy, clearly AFK, no other mechs around. The score board says your team are in trouble you should really get back in the fight but... There's points to be had, easy points, a leg, an arm or two... The team is losing but you can go out with an epic score no trouble, all you have to do is stay there and play target practice on a non-moving target.

What do you do?

Step 1: Rent/Download "The Mighty Ducks"
Step 2: Watch it.
Step 3: Realize the importance of a team.
Step 4: Slap yourself.
Step 5: Rent/Download "A Clockwork Orange"
Step 6: Watch it.
Step 7: Realize you are a screw up and you bang whatever you can.
Step 8: Unless the match is over, ALL mechs are considered a threat and don't hesitate on a target of opportunity.

Note: The only way you would be an ass is if you tried component killing the mech in this situation. If you hussled and killed it fast you should have no regrets.

Edited by Creovex, 30 May 2014 - 04:45 PM.

#47 Lootee

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 1,269 posts

Posted 30 May 2014 - 04:43 PM

I say have some fun and blow him up until he's just a head, CT and a leg. Then run back to help your team. Sure just killing him is quicker, but leaving him gimped on the battlefield has Lulz Factor 100.

The one time I did that, the guy in the 'AFK' mech came back and started hobbling around near the end of the battle. It was a Catapult K2 with 2 gauss rifles so if I had ignored it, he probably would have killed what was left of the team in his fully armed and pristine mech.

The team got a few laughs out of it too. They didn't know I had snuck over to the enemy base right at the start of the match and found the AFK. They were wondering how his mech got so messed up. We just ignored him because he had no weapons and could barely move and capped the base, this was back when capping earned you more rewards than killing everyone.

Edited by PanchoTortilla, 30 May 2014 - 05:03 PM.

#48 Mycrus

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 5,160 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationFilipino @ Singapore

Posted 30 May 2014 - 05:38 PM

View PostAllanRN, on 30 May 2014 - 11:02 AM, said:

So you are charging around in your light mech at 150k. The going gets rough and you have made enough of a nuisance of yourself that the big boys start putting group fire your way. Discretion being the better part of valour you dive round a corner to cool down before the next charge of the light brigade. There, standing in front of you, is a big juicy heavy, clearly AFK, no other mechs around. The score board says your team are in trouble you should really get back in the fight but... There's points to be had, easy points, a leg, an arm or two... The team is losing but you can go out with an epic score no trouble, all you have to do is stay there and play target practice on a non-moving target.

What do you do?

Start with the leg and then arms then side torsos then torso..
Finish up with the last leg.... 800 dmg from 1 large fatty...

Make sure you are targeting another mech... You don't want your team to know about your prize

Edited by Mycrus, 30 May 2014 - 05:39 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users