- - - - -

Returning To 3049 - Feedback

430 replies to this topic

#41 Sky Hawk

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 700 posts
  • LocationDeep Periphery, aka Hungary

Posted 03 June 2014 - 01:45 PM

And what happens, when this time the IS troops beats the Clans? Clan players stay outside the game? Or they come back, again and again...???

#42 C E Dwyer

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 9,274 posts
  • LocationHiding in the periphery, from Bounty Hunters

Posted 03 June 2014 - 01:45 PM

a date is a date *shrugs*

But it leaves a statement and a question

Thats one big prototype run the S chasis have

the important one

Does this mean there is going to be a clan invasion and not just a mismatch arena battles of clan and IS jumbled up together, its an important ask, as if the answer is no, then a reset is a bit pointless

#43 BluefireMW

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 238 posts

Posted 03 June 2014 - 01:47 PM

sounds good
no problem with this way to do it

#44 Kodiak Jorgensson

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Ironclad
  • The Ironclad
  • 935 posts
  • LocationUnited Kingdom

Posted 03 June 2014 - 01:47 PM

dose this mean the clans will get a core world/s? in the periphery states? looking forward to the roll back regardless, preparing to active my banked premium time for this :P

#45 Rubidiy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 518 posts
  • LocationRussia

Posted 03 June 2014 - 01:50 PM

People have been waiting for 2 years to be able to represent their favourite Clans. For the love of God, please stop being Battletech nerds and recognise that you're just killing all the fun for people. Why should they wait for another year? Because PGI is a turtle of game developing? Will these people wait any longer??? If someone wants to play as a Nova Cat clanner, let him have it! Look at it like they're just a small reconing groups of these Clans.
Stop killing all the fun! Everyone wanted to be able to put a Clan logo on his mech. Now, when Logos are out, everyone is shocked by cartoonish redesign. Is it a way to make people stop wanting a decals on their mechs, because PGI still cann't implement 'em???
There has to be someone in PGI who should recognise what players actually want... :P

Edited by Rubidiy, 03 June 2014 - 01:51 PM.

#46 Armored Yokai

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • IS Exemplar
  • IS Exemplar
  • 1,949 posts
  • LocationHouston,TX

Posted 03 June 2014 - 01:51 PM

except only House kurita/Steiner with a few mercs should be able to fight the war since we are the closest to the periphery ;P

#47 New Breed

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 1,028 posts

Posted 03 June 2014 - 01:53 PM

Advanced prototypes, So you can give us laser anti missile systems then

#48 Jack Gallows

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,824 posts

Posted 03 June 2014 - 01:53 PM

This is great...assuming anything actually comes of it.

Assuming CW actually launches on time, and assuming CW is anything more then just the lonewolf tournaments we've seen so far in the past.

#49 Sennin

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 459 posts
  • LocationColorado

Posted 03 June 2014 - 01:54 PM

Throw in the HTM-27 Hatamoto Chi, Hi, and Ku and you got yourself a deal. :P

#50 Dracol

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Steadfast
  • The Steadfast
  • 2,539 posts
  • LocationSW Florida

Posted 03 June 2014 - 01:57 PM

Sounds good. Hoping we'll see some epicness happen when the major battles take place. A massive event for the battle of tukayyid would be awesome.

#51 Kell Commander

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 537 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • LocationMassachusetts

I am very glad that PGI came to this decision. I also relish the chance to join the other houses and just stone wall the clanners.

#52 Vanguard319

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,436 posts
  • LocationTerra

View PostCoffiNail, on 03 June 2014 - 01:19 PM, said:

Let Operation Revival begin! Let us free the Inner Sphere from the dogs that have wrecked mankind and brought the innocents of the Sphere back to the dark ages.

Seyla Trothkin! Seyla!

I wonder if this means we will be able to see some IS mechs before their production years. (The Bushwhacker for example.)

#53 Kassatsu

• The Devoted
  • The Devoted
  • 1,078 posts
  • LocationColorado

Posted 03 June 2014 - 01:58 PM

View Post1453 R, on 03 June 2014 - 01:19 PM, said:

Really, the timeline didn’t/doesn’t really mean much prior to the implementation of Commodity Warfare anyways, except for telling us what chassis we can semi-realistically expect to be introduced. So long as current ‘Mech builds and available equipment aren't impacted (and they're clearly not going to be), I see no drawbacks to kicking things back a couple of years.

Y’know, except for the fact that it tacks two additional years onto the already-impossible 10+ years we have before any of the really fun toys start coming back into the game. GAWD I miss my Bushwacker…even with that new-minted Clan (Rabid?) Wolf banner over there, I’d take time out of my day to give that old friend a spin again.

Heh…but anyone who knows jack about MWO realized when they got here than we were never seeing those ‘Mechs/weapons. Dangers of taking a game spanning centuries and giving it a 1-to-1 timeline ratio. Being able to try and participate in a live-action edition of the Invasion might potentially be cool, if Commodity Warfare actually even remotely lives up to the utterly impossible level of hype The Community’s heaped on it. And if I never get my Bushwacker, at least I’ll have my Stormcrow(s) to keep me company on lonely nights in the hangar.

Most people think Timberwolf when they think Mechwarrior... I think Kodiak (dat MW2 expansion) and Bushwacker (probably the most iconic mech from MW3 for me). I can has Mad Dog nao pls?

#54 Heffay

Rum Runner

• The Referee
  • The Referee
  • 6,458 posts
  • LocationPHX

Posted 03 June 2014 - 02:02 PM

View PostRubidiy, on 03 June 2014 - 01:50 PM, said:

There has to be someone in PGI who should recognise what players actually want... :P

They just gave us what we want. We've been asking for this for a while!

#55 Appogee

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 10,966 posts
  • LocationOn planet Tukayyid, celebrating victory

Posted 03 June 2014 - 02:06 PM

I am surprised they are still following any timeline, frankly.

#56 CMDR Sunset Shimmer

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 5,335 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationNetherlands

Posted 03 June 2014 - 02:09 PM

good news in my book... should have started with 3025 as a baseline for community warfare, but eh... guess my dream for 3025 based mech warfare will have to be held by leagues.

#57 Davers

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 9,886 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationCanada

Posted 03 June 2014 - 02:14 PM

View PostCoffiNail, on 03 June 2014 - 01:19 PM, said:

Let Operation Revival begin! Let us free the Inner Sphere from the dogs that have wrecked mankind and brought the innocents of the Sphere back to the dark ages.

Hey! Cut PGI some slack! :P

#58 Koniving

Welcoming Committee

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Guide
  • The Guide
  • 23,384 posts

Posted 03 June 2014 - 02:14 PM

View PostTsig, on 03 June 2014 - 01:14 PM, said:

What is this? A post from Paul that doesn't have any rage in it yet? I didn't think that was possible. Thanks for the info, Paul. Can't wait to get my Thor/Uller/Black Hawk :P

I believe that is because this is something the players wanted.
Unlike most things that Paul does, like lore-breaking single shot ACs, missiles that reload and shoot faster than machine guns but don't do much if any damage (not the SRM hitreg issues, LRMs), I could go on but I'll let him have his moment in the positive limelight.

#59 LordSkyKnight

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Flame
  • The Flame
  • 194 posts
  • LocationPLACES!!!

Posted 03 June 2014 - 02:16 PM

Can't wait to kick the clans in the teeth and send them crying home that their toys aren't powerful enough to deal with real fighters.

#60 MalodorousMonkey

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 283 posts
  • Location, location, location

Posted 03 June 2014 - 02:17 PM

Sounds cool to me. My main question is the question some others have already alluded to:

How much will we be able to influence the BT timeline? For example, can the clans succeed in taking Terra? Or is the timeline going to be mostly set as PGI stated in earlier interviews?

I've been a BT fan for awhile, and like the original story and stuff, but I'd love to see the timeline open to change like this. Let the community determine what happens in this alternate timeline.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users