Crazy Batchall: Gyrok

46 replies to this topic

#1 1453 R

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 5,458 posts

Posted 03 June 2014 - 02:08 PM

I hereby challenge Gyrok, of Clan Wolf Delta Galaxy, to honorable single combat in two weeks’ time, upon the release of our proper BattleMechs.

Why?

Because I checked out the CWDG website after a polite PM from Gyrok, it had old MW2 music playing on its front page that I hadn’t heard in, like, nearly two decades, and it made me super nostalgic and had me crying manly tears of remembrance. Nobody makes me cry manly tears of remembrance and gets away with it.

I bid my own worthless behindus in my Stormcrow-F[R] (or as close to it as the game will actually let me get. Really, what ding-dong dreamed up the variant list for the release OmniMechs?), without a single efficiency unlocked. I fully intend for my first battle in my glorious new machine to be a complete and merciless drubbing at the hands of a pilot who benefits from the rare and mystical ability to aim his guns.

Come, Gyrok! You want a piece of yourself?! Step outside so I can kick my ass!

P.S.: duel will be fought augmented, mostly because MWO has not yet implemented Soul Calibur as an alternative game mode. Choice of venue is left to the challenged party. I am already bracing myself for Mordor. Verbal communication may unfortunately not be possible, as I have never used TS3 and am not entirely sure how to set it up/how it works compared to Ventrilo and Mumble. You had no desire to hear my inane bellowing anyways.

*Note: 1453-R is a total scrub who plays in the bottom half of the Elo brackets, possibly even the bottom quarter, and cannot keep a laser on target to save his existence. As will shortly be proven. Anyone expecting a bitterly-fought duel of skillful equals may proceed to laugh themselves sick. Including Gyrok, preferably only a minute or two before the match. I am not above taking any advantage I can get!

**Note2: Other CWDG members are free to accompany Gyrok and watch the short-lived spectacle. A breach of zellbrigen will result in much name-calling in the fourteen seconds before my poor Squall Polly melts down into a pile of radioactive pudding into which my vengeful ghost will imprint a large frowny face.

***Note3: Contraction count: 0. Letter of Clansman speech: obeyed. Spirit of Clansman speech: bent over mechanic’s bench and [REDACTED]. CRAP CRAP CRAP CRAP CRAAAAAAAAAP.

****Note4: Trash talk encouraged in direct proportion to how entertaining it is. Give me your best rimshot, Clan Wolf.

Edited by 1453 R, 03 June 2014 - 04:35 PM.

#2 Oethe

• PipPipPip
  • Wrath
  • Wrath
  • 81 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 03 June 2014 - 04:08 PM

View Post1453 R, on 03 June 2014 - 02:08 PM, said:

it had old MW2 music playing on its front page that I hadn’t heard in, like, nearly two decades,

***Note3: Contraction count: 0. Letter of Clansman speech: obeyed. Spirit of Clansman speech: bent over mechanic’s bench and [REDACTED].

I thought hadn't counted as a contraction?

#3 1453 R

• Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 5,458 posts

Posted 03 June 2014 - 04:09 PM

DAMNIT. MISSED ONE.

Well poop. There goes the whole thing. CURSE YOU OETHE

#4 Oethe

• PipPipPip
  • Wrath
  • Wrath
  • 81 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 03 June 2014 - 04:13 PM

You did good though, it can be a bit challenging to eliminate them. I wonder if anyone has written a plugin for text programs to automatically correct contractions for fellow Clansmen.

#5 Gyrok

• Star Colonel III
  • Star Colonel III
  • 5,879 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationPeriphery of the Inner Sphere, moving toward the core worlds with each passing day.

Posted 03 June 2014 - 04:48 PM

LOL...I accept! We shall engage in the most honorable combat of the clans, zellbrigen! We shall meet on the planet of Frozen City (for a measure of sport ;) )! Kerensky himself could not contain the joy I will see by dispatching this stravag in short order!

Good luck to you Trothkin, may the best Gyrok win ;)

Edited by Gyrok, 03 June 2014 - 04:52 PM.

#6 1453 R

• Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 5,458 posts

Posted 03 June 2014 - 05:20 PM

Good, good! One step closer to the final phase!

Fair note: I work weird hours by the standards of the rest of Creation, at 12 to 9 P.M. Central time. I get home around twenty after nine, at which point it should take MWO no more than a day or two another twenty-odd minutes to derp its way through the patcher. And then I have to figure out what sort of pod configuration will actually get me the armament I want on the blasted buzzard, which shouldn’t take too long but will still take some kind of time. THIS IS THE PART WHERE SARNA NEEDS TO TELL ME WHERE WEAPONS ARE ON DIFFERENT OMNICONFIGS SO I CAN PLAN THIS CRAP PROPERLY IN ADVANCE.

After that however, I will be fully available for medium-weight brutality! And oh boy, will it be brutal…

#7 Pariah Devalis

• The Clan Cat
  • The Clan Cat
  • 7,655 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationAboard the NCS True Path

Posted 03 June 2014 - 05:41 PM

This I gotta see. XD

#8 Koniks

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Moderate Giver
  • Moderate Giver
  • 1,301 posts

Posted 03 June 2014 - 08:47 PM

View Post1453 R, on 03 June 2014 - 05:20 PM, said:

Good, good! One step closer to the final phase!

Fair note: I work weird hours by the standards of the rest of Creation, at 12 to 9 P.M. Central time. I get home around twenty after nine, at which point it should take MWO no more than a day or two another twenty-odd minutes to derp its way through the patcher. And then I have to figure out what sort of pod configuration will actually get me the armament I want on the blasted buzzard, which shouldn’t take too long but will still take some kind of time. THIS IS THE PART WHERE SARNA NEEDS TO TELL ME WHERE WEAPONS ARE ON DIFFERENT OMNICONFIGS SO I CAN PLAN THIS CRAP PROPERLY IN ADVANCE.

After that however, I will be fully available for medium-weight brutality! And oh boy, will it be brutal…

This resource is your friend:
http://users.anet.co...echs/om-ry.html

#9 1453 R

• Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 5,458 posts

Posted 03 June 2014 - 09:50 PM

All RIGHT! Looks like Prime configuration base, with D-configuration side torsos, and I'm good to go with an even better weapons distribution than the original and my Prime variant bonuses intact. Nice!

As for the audience, I wouldn't be averse to someone from CWDG frapsing it if they have the capability. Up to you guys - my intent is merely to shoot lasers and missiles in great and copious amounts at that Gyrok dood up until the point where I receive a sackful of LBX/20 rounds. Really a shame we didn't get the B variant...heh, here's hoping they at least give us the B-variant RA in the store, though I honestly doubt they'll cut into the Nova's niche that deeply.

#10 CyclonerM

Tina's Warrior

• FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • 5,684 posts
  • LocationA 2nd Wolf Guards Grenadiers JumpShip

Posted 04 June 2014 - 04:27 AM

If my PC aka my OmniMech's battle computer will work without crashes on said date, i shall be invited to watch this contest of warriors :)

#11 1453 R

• Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 5,458 posts

Posted 12 June 2014 - 10:01 AM

UPDATE(ish):

I've installed TS3 and do, I believe, have the settings figured out sufficiently to work. Let me know if there are any good times between now and the 17th to drop in for a mic check. Unless there are none/you want nothing to do with it. Either way, figured I'd let folks know.

Edit: Also, BEHOLD. MY GREAT AND TERRIBLE WEAPON OF WAR. Provided the CSPLs are up over 5 damage like they damn well should be and not at the listed, anemic value of 3.4 like ISSPLs. In which case, more CERMLs EITHER WAY:

Squall Polly [STORMCROW-PRIME]: 4xCSPL, 3xCSSRM6, CERML, Clan XL330, DHS, Endo, Ferro

Edit2: DAMNIT. My lack of TT knowledge rears its ugly head again. How's about we get our best Clansmen lobbying for CSPLs to actually make sense for the first time ever?! Time to get these things in line with CERSLs!

Edited by 1453 R, 12 June 2014 - 12:16 PM.

#12 Gyrok

• Star Colonel III
  • Star Colonel III
  • 5,879 posts
  • LocationPeriphery of the Inner Sphere, moving toward the core worlds with each passing day.

Posted 13 June 2014 - 08:51 PM

TS3 info: 216.127.64.5:3707 pw: cwdg

Will be around this sunday evening and tomorrow. Some comp drops tomorrow night, but we can still check your mic.

#13 1453 R

• Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 5,458 posts

Posted 15 June 2014 - 02:40 PM

ALL RIGHT. If anyone sees this anytime soon, I'm apparently hanging out in the Landing Pad area of said TS3 server. Nobody here, but at least I found the place. I think. Come and help me figure out settings if ye like/aren't horrifyingly distracted by all these amazing toys.

EDIT:: Got it. All set!

Edited by 1453 R, 15 June 2014 - 02:53 PM.

#14 Gyrok

• Star Colonel III
  • Star Colonel III
  • 5,879 posts

Posted 15 June 2014 - 07:43 PM

Someone come up and greet you and get you some tags?

#15 1453 R

• Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 5,458 posts

Posted 16 June 2014 - 11:10 AM

Tags? Don’t recall tags, but your saKhan came in and made sure I could speak and hear cleanly. He also sounded very skeptical over this whole venture :)

“You are going to fight Gyrok…the Khan…in a Trial…”
“Yep! Trial of Grievance over him making me cry manly tears of remembrance. Anointing my new Stormcrows with a righteous butt-kicking, almost certainly my own.”
“…okay then. Good luck.”

Anyways. As I said, will be home around nine-thirtyish tomorrow, U.S. Central time, at which point I'll jump on the server and wait to see who shows up. Sound good to you?

Edited by 1453 R, 16 June 2014 - 11:11 AM.

#16 Gyrok

• Star Colonel III
  • Star Colonel III
  • 5,879 posts

Posted 16 June 2014 - 12:41 PM

Absolutely!

#17 Samandriel

• Pip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 10 posts

Posted 17 June 2014 - 10:32 AM

This will be 'interesting' to watch, to say the least.

Also; love the forum badge options.

#18 Ravenspyre

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 126 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationBarking at the Moon

Posted 17 June 2014 - 10:43 AM

I would be very interested in actually watching this. I just don't know anyone here to get into contact with about doing so though. And haven't been involved with the game for a while since I was waiting for the clans. :angry:

#19 Samandriel

• Pip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 10 posts

Posted 17 June 2014 - 11:15 AM

View PostAccalia, on 17 June 2014 - 10:43 AM, said:

I would be very interested in actually watching this. I just don't know anyone here to get into contact with about doing so though. And haven't been involved with the game for a while since I was waiting for the clans. :angry:

Gyrok is the Khan of Delta Galaxy and you can join our Team Speak to get involved (maybe even stay around and join us!). Visit the Join tab of http://www.cwdg.us for TS details.

Edited by Samandriel, 17 June 2014 - 11:15 AM.

#20 1453 R

• Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 5,458 posts

Posted 17 June 2014 - 11:23 AM

You know, technically speaking…would not Gyrok be Galaxy Commander Gyrok Carns of Delta Galaxy, with a single Khan and saKhan set above the entirety of Clan Wolf and nominally in charge of all existing Clan Wolf Galaxies?

Just saying. The touman thread looks awfully Khan-y to me. And I can say it with impunity – after all, what’s Gyrok gonna do? Beat me up in a fight? :angry:

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users