Kto-20

16 replies to this topic

#1 Bigbacon

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 3,088 posts

Posted 04 June 2014 - 03:25 PM

tryring out different builds but what do others do? i'm basing it with a 320XL but i do have a 300XL I can swap in if I need more space.

I want to try SRMs but not going there until they fix them.

so I've tried this and had a good round (12 assists!) but I did run out of LRM ammo towards the end and heat on the 4 ML was almost an issue on canyon network. Might drop this to the 300XL to get more LRM ammo, not sure yet.

http://mwo.smurfy-ne...f107894de353882

Looking at this also as a medium/long range with SSRM for the little guys. 2 LLs might be a bit much though, haven't tried it. think as long as I'm not using them at the same time i'd be ok or get a chain going with a good rhythm.

http://mwo.smurfy-ne...c8a051daa8997b5

had this for SRMs
http://mwo.smurfy-ne...ba2bd6e8715af81

Really liking the Kintaros....KTO-18 SSRM boat is a hoot.

Edited by Bigbacon, 04 June 2014 - 03:33 PM.

#2 Bigbacon

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 3,088 posts

Posted 04 June 2014 - 03:35 PM

maybe this with a 300XL? LRM15s make a difference you think over 2x 10s?
http://mwo.smurfy-ne...4c56d9d6cf30b37

#3 Bulletsponge0

• The Vicious
  • The Vicious
  • 2,942 posts

Posted 04 June 2014 - 03:59 PM

love my Kintaros...the 18 sends chills down the spines of light pilots

#4 ExplodedZombie

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 338 posts
  • LocationBay Area, CA, U.S.A.

Posted 05 June 2014 - 09:46 AM

I am noticing a distinct lack of TAG on those LRM versions. Drop a medium laser for it and you're good to go.

#5 Spheroid

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 5,060 posts
  • LocationSouthern Wisconsin

Posted 05 June 2014 - 10:25 AM

I recommend you go 2x LLAS with a 300XL and ASRM12-18 or downgrade the engine severely and go massive LRM boat with TAG and 3x mlas.

The other two Kintaros are arguably superior, so with the KTO-20 you need ask yourself what builds would I not do on the others and proceed from there.

Edited by Spheroid, 05 June 2014 - 11:32 AM.

#6 Bigbacon

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 3,088 posts

Posted 05 June 2014 - 10:52 AM

i have this drawn up
http://mwo.smurfy-ne...91d0f0f0391485d

I cna't stand slow....so I'm willing to go XL300 or up.

i also have no engines between 245 and 300 and the 245 is just to darn slow for me.

Edited by Bigbacon, 05 June 2014 - 10:53 AM.

#7 mogs01gt

• Shredder
  • 4,292 posts
  • LocationOhio

Posted 05 June 2014 - 12:34 PM

Im not sure why you arent running head armor. An arty strike will headshot you.
I'd run a k20 like this if I wanted LRMs:
KTO-20
for me personally, I'd run it like this.
KTO-20

#8 Bigbacon

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 3,088 posts

Posted 05 June 2014 - 03:10 PM

i just never run head armor unless I have a bit of tonnage left over. Hasn't really been an issue yet.

#9 Alaskan Nobody

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Determined
  • The Determined
  • 10,358 posts
  • LocationAlaska!

Posted 05 June 2014 - 04:02 PM

View PostBigbacon, on 05 June 2014 - 03:10 PM, said:

i just never run head armor unless I have a bit of tonnage left over. Hasn't really been an issue yet.

I would run at least 1 point - otherwise you are painting a big "SHOOT HERE" sign on your cockpit to anyone who bothers to use the R button.

#10 mogs01gt

• Shredder
  • 4,292 posts
  • LocationOhio

Posted 06 June 2014 - 04:25 AM

View PostBigbacon, on 05 June 2014 - 03:10 PM, said:

LoL you do play MWO right? How have you not been hit in the head yet by a arty strike?

#11 Bigbacon

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 3,088 posts

Posted 06 June 2014 - 04:53 AM

amazingly enough i've never been killed by arty/air strikes and to my knowledge I've only ever been damaged by either one a few times.

I'm a pretty situational aware player so I guess I'm pretty good at seeing the smoke and getting out of the way.

for now I think I'll stick with my 2x LRM10 + LL + ML. I've been having some good rounds with it and I actually don't have enough bills to try other stuff yet. It seems like a decent support mech.

one of the things that does suck though is trying to play with high pings, there is a nice delay between seeing the lock and the missiles firing so I get a bunch of wasted launches and bad laser hit detection

here is an idea from lsat night.

Edited by Bigbacon, 06 June 2014 - 05:01 AM.

#12 mogs01gt

• Shredder
  • 4,292 posts
  • LocationOhio

Posted 06 June 2014 - 06:51 AM

View PostBigbacon, on 06 June 2014 - 04:53 AM, said:

amazingly enough i've never been killed by arty/air strikes and to my knowledge I've only ever been damaged by either one a few times.

The issue is when they drop them in team fights and/or they land behind you. I can see why in your KTO you can get away with zero head armor.
http://mwomercs.com/...tupid-hitboxes/

They are a walking CT.

#13 Mad Ox

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 358 posts
  • LocationWisconsin

Posted 06 June 2014 - 07:38 AM

Cant speak for KTO-20 but rolling the Golden Boy and found

ALRM-10 and ALRM-15 to be a very effective combo, along with TAG to be brutally effective. and decent mix of tonnage for LRMs

Also 2 ML and 3 SSRM-2 but really only used in final clean up or finally run out of LRM's so don't do to much of my damage. Have a good amount of ammo and it just keeps going. Rolling it again lastnight was doing quite good even on losses averaging a good 400-600 damage of course the first win for 2x sucked LOL but oh well,

#14 jper4

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 1,884 posts

Posted 06 June 2014 - 07:48 AM

i use an xl260 (84kph). i go with 2ALRM 15s, 5 tons of ammo, TAG and 2ML, only a couple points short of max armor. just enough speed to relocate fairly easy,enough ammo to last forever and not adding the 3rd ML keeps heat much more manageable when i'm at that distance where i can add the MLs to the LRMs. had gone with 3ML and 4 tons of ammo but ran out towards the end and 3ML isn't really much different than 2ML when it comes to scaring off lights so may as well take the extra ammo

edit: and yeah the 20 was the toughest one to figure out for me of the kintaros, tried going more/bigger energy heavy but that tended to waste the missile slots which annoyed me, SRMs didn;t really impress me that much when i tried those so i just said the hell with it and tossed LRMs on and suddenly it became usabale.

Edited by Tanar, 06 June 2014 - 07:49 AM.

#15 Alaskan Nobody

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Determined
  • The Determined
  • 10,358 posts
  • LocationAlaska!

Posted 06 June 2014 - 03:47 PM

View Postmogs01gt, on 06 June 2014 - 04:25 AM, said:

LoL you do play MWO right? How have you not been hit in the head yet by a arty strike?

I play fairly frequently, and have yet to have that happen.

#16 Aleski

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Vicious
  • The Vicious
  • 873 posts
  • LocationFrance

Posted 10 June 2014 - 02:56 AM

Why using big LRM on the KTO-20? It's the only Kintaro who has 4 energy hardpoints, so you have to use them =)

http://mwo.smurfy-ne...8c2c92f291f8453

2xLL + 2xML + 3xSSRM2 + BAP + XL300

That's a good load out for making lights fear, and engage ennemies far with the dual LL.

http://mwo.smurfy-ne...087fd892e1df456

2xPPC + 2xML + SRM6 + XL300

Engage at long range with the punch of the PPC, when they get close, deal with the SRM6 + 2xML, you don't overheat if you don't use your weapons all together! If you prefer, put two large pulse laser, and mel lights legs!!

http://mwo.smurfy-ne...a4de5ee53511d1d

Need more speed? Try this other version of the streaktaro :
3x SSRM2 + 2xMed Pulse + 2xML + BAP + XL350

The two medium pulse laser allow you to melt more lights! But you don't have the missile punch of the KTO-18.

Kintaros are all great mech! My only regret : the Golden Boy don't have the flexibility of the Max engine of the other variants =(
But i like this hero too!

http://mwo.smurfy-ne...9b974a0b1fedb9a

Bonus : if you are really a desperate LRM lover, use that loadout : 4xMed Laser for the punch + 2xALRM15 + BAP + XL255. But you're going to be a little slow!

All of this build approve by me, and tested on the battleground =)

View PostShar Wolf, on 06 June 2014 - 03:47 PM, said:

I play fairly frequently, and have yet to have that happen.

I have been headshot two times with artillery shots (16 armor in the head). It's pretty rare and they are going to fix the problem.

On most of my mech i'm never hit on the cockpit, but sometimes it's happen. After the hotfix i will try with less armor on some of my battlemech!

The worst experience : Headshot by a Dragon Slayer meta in my locust while i was running, 5 armor on the head... ='(

See you on battlefield, Kintaro's fans!

Edited by Aleski, 10 June 2014 - 03:04 AM.

#17 Bigbacon

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 3,088 posts

Posted 10 June 2014 - 04:46 AM

yea I've been testing lately with LPL on it and was having some good times with it and SSRMs.

I have one weird build yet to try using SSRM and 3LL though I'm sure heat will be a major issue.

At the point I need either the 19 or GB so I can start the elite tier. Would love to get some speed tweak on my 18 SSRMBoat

playing with LRMs mainly because I've never used them before other than on my LRMCust which doesn't really count.

I look at the mech as a all around support mech with the LRMs for early on and the laser mix for later and I tend to stick with my team unless absolutely nessesary (like my video above to chase that firestarter out of a cap zone)

Edited by Bigbacon, 10 June 2014 - 04:50 AM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users