Changing Lore

37 replies to this topic

#21 Jehdin

• PipPip
  • 35 posts
  • LocationHuntress

Posted 06 June 2014 - 06:05 AM

View PostBigTaeng, on 05 June 2014 - 12:45 PM, said:

I am not disputing that. You of all people should understand though, how silly it is to call a Clan a bunch of losers just because of something that happened in the books. I am sure we chose our Clans because of what their ideals and what they represent, not necessarily how effective they were in the overall storyline.

So to say one Clan is better just because the writers decided they destroyed so many 'Mechs or won so many worlds is meaningless.

This. All day, Err day this. When people start throwing about the "Well in the BT lore you get annihilated/absorbed/wiped out/Lost more planets and blah blah blah" I just sigh and move on to the next conversation.

Edited by Jehdin, 06 June 2014 - 06:08 AM.

#22 CeeKay Boques

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 3,371 posts
  • LocationYes

Posted 06 June 2014 - 06:55 AM

How did I know you'd be the topic starter for this. Long live Blood Scorpion! :rolleyes:

#23 RuTsui

• Pip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 14 posts
  • LocationMid-West US

Posted 06 June 2014 - 09:43 PM

Changing lore? Can we change the invasion Clans then? Hell's Horses is really where my heart is at. I figured Wolf was the next best thing, but I'd love to see our mechanized warriors tear some Bears to the ground. Can we just say that like some Hell's Horses joined the Wolves, like how the Nova Cats augemnted the Wolf and later Jaguar forces?

#24 _Comrade_

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 1,120 posts

Posted 08 June 2014 - 01:35 PM

View PostNaglinator, on 05 June 2014 - 05:19 PM, said:

Maybe we can change history and kill the traitor Ulric EARLIER so that clan wolf isn't destroyed in the refusal war and we can keep invading the IS :ph34r:

We should purge our ranks of all the warden traitors, and unfortunatity some of our clans (diamond shark) have way to many of these traitors

Crusader is the only clan political party worth being apart of :mellow:

#25 CyclonerM

Tina's Warrior

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • 5,684 posts
  • LocationA 2nd Wolf Guards Grenadiers JumpShip

Posted 08 June 2014 - 01:46 PM

View PostGrimwill, on 08 June 2014 - 01:35 PM, said:

We should purge our ranks of all the warden traitors, and unfortunatity some of our clans (diamond shark) have way to many of these traitors

Crusader is the only clan political party worth being apart of :ph34r:

I thought a Crusader would say that a true warrior is above politics, and you are calling it a political party :mellow:

#26 _Comrade_

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 1,120 posts

Posted 08 June 2014 - 01:58 PM

View PostCyclonerM, on 08 June 2014 - 01:46 PM, said:

I thought a Crusader would say that a true warrior is above politics, and you are calling it a political party :ph34r:

Sometimes we not only have to fight on the battlefield but in the halls of the khans as well. Saboteurs, Inner Sphere sympathizers and traitors are there to speak poisonous words in true warriors ears in their attempt to halt Kerensky's grand destiny of retaking Terra

#27 KuroNyra

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 2,990 posts
  • LocationIdiot's Crater.

Posted 08 June 2014 - 02:28 PM

View PostGrimwill, on 08 June 2014 - 01:58 PM, said:

Sometimes we not only have to fight on the battlefield but in the halls of the khans as well. Saboteurs, Inner Sphere sympathizers and traitors are there to speak poisonous words in true warriors ears in their attempt to halt Kerensky's grand destiny of retaking Terra

I absolutly DON'T know what your talking about. ^^

#28 plodder

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 995 posts
  • Locationbetwixt the seen and heard, underneath the upperhanded, above the underhanded. Sunlit with a cloudy background.

Posted 08 June 2014 - 03:29 PM

Circle of Equals? Serious folk should own premium time. Let battle decide ;^)

Have you clanners made a teamspeak site for a Circle of Equals?
I think it would be helpful and fun.
Also, in duels I have been a part of, we found it best to agree to the proper distance, face away from each other, then shut down. Wait for the lore toaster to indicate start.
There are no premature locks or advantage given this way.

Hope content really does happen, and is not just whisperings on the fetid wind, lingering over battlefield of commercial programming, like the smoke of a destroyed cockpit, slowly billowing, slowly lessening....

Edited by plodder, 08 June 2014 - 03:32 PM.

#29 Lukoi Banacek

• WC 2018 Top 12 Qualifier
  • 4,353 posts

Posted 08 June 2014 - 03:58 PM

View Postplodder, on 08 June 2014 - 03:29 PM, said:

Circle of Equals? Serious folk should own premium time. Let battle decide ;^)

Have you clanners made a teamspeak site for a Circle of Equals?

Most Clans use their internal Teamspeak servers or the Strana Mechty Hub teamspeak for organizational events like their CoE or Trials of Position.

Additionally, most have differing ways to conduct these types of duels, some with very small/constricted circles, and others using a much larger battlefield, both of which can be found as examples in the lore.

#30 plodder

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 995 posts
  • Locationbetwixt the seen and heard, underneath the upperhanded, above the underhanded. Sunlit with a cloudy background.

Posted 08 June 2014 - 05:36 PM

View PostLukoi, on 08 June 2014 - 03:58 PM, said:

Most Clans use their internal Teamspeak servers or the Strana Mechty Hub teamspeak for organizational events like their CoE or Trials of Position.

Additionally, most have differing ways to conduct these types of duels, some with very small/constricted circles, and others using a much larger battlefield, both of which can be found as examples in the lore.

Most definitely :^)
I hear some put restrictions on qualifying as a victory, when victory is the qualification itself. ;^)

You know about stock mech mondays? They have a site setup and a place for dropping with their teamspeak too. My unit WBH, has it's own too of course, but I was thinking of something controlled by the Khans of the Clans, or an Ilkhan if you ever have one.

Yes I know we all have different way of doing it, just sharing mine, simple plodder, just sharing what pops into his noggin.
Ty, gl hf o7

Strana Mechty hub?

#31 Lukoi Banacek

• 4,353 posts

Posted 08 June 2014 - 05:45 PM

Aff. That server is actually where Stock Mech Mondays (and the other nights) are typically held:

IP: 184.82.141.207

PW: StranaMechty

#32 _Comrade_

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 1,120 posts

Posted 08 June 2014 - 06:53 PM

You set up a circle of equals and i will fight it as the lone diamond shark warrior. All of you will soon know why i am the scourge of the clans!!!

Actually i'll probably get my a$$ kicked but it would be fun doing one on one duels

#33 Vanguard319

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,436 posts
  • LocationTerra

Posted 08 June 2014 - 07:24 PM

Well, if we can rewrite lore in CW, it would probably be a good idea for inter clan cooperation, and also consider that we will likely have to fight the houses according to how they wage war. We can worry about who becomes the ilclan AFTER we get to Terra.

#34 CyclonerM

Tina's Warrior

• FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • 5,684 posts
  • LocationA 2nd Wolf Guards Grenadiers JumpShip

Posted 09 June 2014 - 12:17 AM

View PostVanguard319, on 08 June 2014 - 07:24 PM, said:

We can worry about who becomes the ilclan AFTER we get to Terra.

Not really, quineg?
"For the day will come and our kin will stand
On Terra's firm soil, ready to rebuilt
The Star League with their hearts and hands.
But who shall lead? Upon whose shoulders
Will the burden lie? The answer is the test; The test is the journey. Whichever Clan
Carves its way through the barbarians
To reach that fabled cradle of us all
Shall be the vehicle of the League's rebirth. Upon
The Star League throne shall sit that Clan's
Wisest Khan. So should it be - So shall it be.
The Remembrance, passage 72
:)

Edited by CyclonerM, 09 June 2014 - 12:17 AM.

#35 Zerberus

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 3,488 posts
  • LocationUnder the floorboards looking for the Owner`s Manual

Posted 09 June 2014 - 12:21 AM

Yeah, it`s pretty obvious he was talking about us :)

#36 Oethe

• PipPipPip
  • Wrath
  • Wrath
  • 81 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 09 June 2014 - 05:27 AM

Grimwill, I felt like mentioning, you do know there was or is (Are they still around?) a Clan Diamond Shark unit. Though they had brought up something about suing PGI and I have not heard much on them since. Maybe worth looking into?

#37 Gyrok

• Star Colonel III
  • Star Colonel III
  • 5,879 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationPeriphery of the Inner Sphere, moving toward the core worlds with each passing day.

Posted 09 June 2014 - 05:55 AM

I still see their Khan occasionally...if you want their TS info I can put you in touch with them.

#38 _Comrade_

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 1,120 posts

Posted 09 June 2014 - 02:29 PM

View PostOethe, on 09 June 2014 - 05:27 AM, said:

Grimwill, I felt like mentioning, you do know there was or is (Are they still around?) a Clan Diamond Shark unit. Though they had brought up something about suing PGI and I have not heard much on them since. Maybe worth looking into?

from what i heard they are no longer active :ph34r:

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users