4 replies to this topic

#1 wikkedj

• PipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 21 posts
  • LocationWisconsin

Posted 08 June 2014 - 03:05 PM

My son has been playing MWO on my wife's PC for a while now with no issues. It's been about two weeks since he last played and there was a small patch when he started it up today. However when he clicks play the client says that the video card is not supported. It's a GTX 560, which isn't state of the art...but it's a newish card and has never given this message before. The game did indeed crash when he tried to play this time around. Any ideas?

#2 ProtoformX

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 436 posts

Posted 08 June 2014 - 03:10 PM

I don't know anything about this specific error. I'd start by updating to the latest nVidia driver from www.nvidia.com, and running the MWO Repair Tool.

#3 Catamount

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • LIEUTENANT, JUNIOR GRADE
  • 3,305 posts
  • LocationBoone, NC

Posted 08 June 2014 - 03:11 PM

The card is fine, and the message is common, and has never been related to any crashes I've seen or heard of.

Update your GPU drivers, although be aware the message and the crash are probably not related unless there's some kind of severe driver issue. So I would simultaneously check to make sure MWO isn't cooking your card.

#4 wikkedj

• PipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 21 posts
  • LocationWisconsin

Posted 08 June 2014 - 03:49 PM

Repair tool checks out, looks like there are driver issues on the PC though. Thanks for the replies, this is a job for tomorrow! :ph34r:

#5 PieRat

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 129 posts
  • LocationSoutheast of Disorder

Posted 08 June 2014 - 04:19 PM

Don't sweat it. I keep my older laptop at work mainly as my music library, but every once in awhile I will log on when I want to try out a different load out on a mech or something at lunch. I do not actually play, but mess around in the mech lab.

Anyway the laptop has the crappiest graphics in it as the laptop is over 7 years old. I get that message every time I load the client. On that window you should have two buttons one of them is the okay button. Just click it. You will enter the game.
I can play on it, but I would get like 5 FPS max. Not because necessarily the graphics, but a laptop that old with 1 gig of ram just doesn't cut it. A GT 560 is worlds apart from that so I am sure it will be fine.

*Note: Reading comprehension fail on my part. I do see you said he got a crash. Ignore my post and check out driver conflicts like others have said. :ph34r:

Edited by PieRat, 08 June 2014 - 04:22 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users