79 replies to this topic

#61 Jaroth Corbett

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Vicious
  • The Vicious
  • 2,252 posts
  • LocationSmoke Jaguar OZ

Posted 15 June 2014 - 11:46 AM

:huh: Did you say allow? They did not allow anything, we took control, made it ours & called it the Ghost Bear Dominion. They did not have a choice in the matter.

#62 _Comrade_

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 1,120 posts

Posted 15 June 2014 - 02:26 PM

View PostJaroth Corbett, on 15 June 2014 - 10:47 AM, said:

I think you have some stuff confused. The Grand Melee is an event used to fill the last spot in a Trial of Bloodright. There is virtually no cover in those & it is every pilot for himself.. Aidan started a free-for-all or melee in his Trial of Position. He could not have hidden because the point was to fight & defeat another mech to become a warrior; he was the one with something to prove. Running & hiding in a Trial of Position would be both cowardly & stupid;

1. Running away from the battle would not look good. The point is to best a seasoned warrior. Tucking your tail between your legs & hiding defeats the purpose.

2. Let us look at this logically; in a Grand Melee you have a certain number of participants who ALL want the same thing, to be the last pilot standing in order to claim the final spot in a Trial of Bloodright. A standard Trial of Position pits one cadet against three warriors. Now in Aidan's case, it was himself, Breat & Marthe who made it to the Trial of Position. That means there were three cadets & since each cadet has three opponents, nine warriors.

Running & hiding after initiating a melee would be stupid because now that ALL mechs can engage ANY mech, the only ones who stand to lose are the cadets. The warriors have nothing to prove or gain, they are already warriors. Add that to the fact that the weapons are live, they would do their best to leave the Trial alive in order to be posted back in the rotation for real Trials against other Clans. Who wants to die in a Trial of Position blooding new warriors?

Opening the ToP to a melee actually just changed the dynamic of one vs three (most likely that would be one at a time) to nice vs. three, who could now fight all at once. It would be ruinous. Since the pilots who were already warriors were now free to engage whoever they wanted on their own terms, who do you think they would go for? Fellow warriors who had already earned their spots, who they might have even fought with before or whelps who might one day take their place or surpass them?.

So using your example/theory, Aidan initiates a melee in his ToP, then runs off leaving the other two cadets to fend for themselves. The nine warriors could all alpha one cadet, then turn & alpha the second one, leaving Aidan all alone. Even if all nine did not group up on one warrior, say that four targeted Marthe & five targeted Bret, the outcome would have been the same.

In a Grand Melee, the point is to survive & just be the last one standing.

Being a warrior is not just about squeezing a trigger, you have to think strategically as well.

Yea hiding probably won't work. Here's what i do, im the sibkin with the plan.

.i would sow the seeds of discontent among the warriors in the blooding. Pysops kind of stuff. I would convince all the mechwarriors that particular mechwarrior in the circle was talking smack about you the other day. They would get so fired up they would turn on each other rather then the cadets

I would also stop by the local Clan-mart and buy some popcorn,3D classes and a big gulp. Have that in my mech so i can watch the fireworks as they eat other alive...then i move in a finish the job when their is only three left.

would that work

Edited by Grimwill, 15 June 2014 - 02:27 PM.

#63 CyclonerM

Tina's Warrior

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • 5,684 posts
  • LocationA 2nd Wolf Guards Grenadiers JumpShip

Posted 15 June 2014 - 02:30 PM

I would just train until i can beat most of the warriors that i could face in my Trial. Slightly less original, but it works :huh:

#64 _Comrade_

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 1,120 posts

Posted 15 June 2014 - 04:15 PM

View PostCyclonerM, on 15 June 2014 - 02:30 PM, said:

I would just train until i can beat most of the warriors that i could face in my Trial. Slightly less original, but it works :huh:

me too but as the old saying goes

"if you ain't cheating you ain't trying"

#65 CyclonerM

Tina's Warrior

• FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • 5,684 posts

Posted 16 June 2014 - 03:26 AM

View PostGrimwill, on 15 June 2014 - 04:15 PM, said:

me too but as the old saying goes

"if you ain't cheating you ain't trying"

It does not sound very Clan-like, does it? :)

#66 TibsVT

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Star Commander
  • Star Commander
  • 421 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationIronhold (Sydney, Australia)

Posted 16 June 2014 - 07:38 AM

View PostCyclonerM, on 16 June 2014 - 03:26 AM, said:

It does not sound very Clan-like, does it? :D

Not at all.

#67 _Comrade_

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 1,120 posts

Posted 16 June 2014 - 05:35 PM

View PostCyclonerM, on 16 June 2014 - 03:26 AM, said:

It does not sound very Clan-like, does it? :P

Win by any means necessary. I would nuke a planet from orbital bombardment if it meant victory.

#68 Joseph Mallan

ForumWarrior

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 35,216 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationMallanhold, Furillo

Posted 16 June 2014 - 05:46 PM

View PostJaroth Corbett, on 13 June 2014 - 06:06 AM, said:

PGI is Clan Diamond Shark in disguise! :P

Now it all makes sense why OmniMechs are available to anyone who will spend the cash! :P

#69 CyclonerM

Tina's Warrior

• FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • 5,684 posts

Posted 17 June 2014 - 03:45 AM

View PostKelesK, on 16 June 2014 - 07:38 AM, said:

Not at all.

View PostGrimwill, on 16 June 2014 - 05:35 PM, said:

Win by any means necessary. I would nuke a planet from orbital bombardment if it meant victory.

Pff. I should have expected if from the Falcons.

First, you say that cheating during honorable combat is right, then you admit you would use such a wasteful attack... I would have expected it from the Jags, quiaff?

#70 CoffiNail

Oathmaster

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Cub
  • The Cub
  • 4,285 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationSome place with other Ghost Bears. A dropship or planet, who knows. ((Winnipeg,MB))

Posted 17 June 2014 - 04:25 AM

View PostGrimwill, on 15 June 2014 - 02:26 PM, said:

Yea hiding probably won't work. Here's what i do, im the sibkin with the plan.

.i would sow the seeds of discontent among the warriors in the blooding. Pysops kind of stuff. I would convince all the mechwarriors that particular mechwarrior in the circle was talking smack about you the other day. They would get so fired up they would turn on each other rather then the cadets

I would also stop by the local Clan-mart and buy some popcorn,3D classes and a big gulp. Have that in my mech so i can watch the fireworks as they eat other alive...then i move in a finish the job when their is only three left.

would that work

Aside that you do not know who the Warriors in the cockpit are. At that point, the cadets have had VERY little contact with real Warriors aside from their trainers and other such Training support staff. The cadets are fairly isolated during their training. So you would not be able to sow discontent among them. Now in game, and for a position in a gaming Clan, that would be a low thing, talking smack and trying to pit the warriors against themselves.

#71 CyclonerM

Tina's Warrior

• FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • 5,684 posts

Posted 17 June 2014 - 05:45 AM

View PostCoffiNail, on 17 June 2014 - 04:25 AM, said:

Aside that you do not know who the Warriors in the cockpit are. At that point, the cadets have had VERY little contact with real Warriors aside from their trainers and other such Training support staff. The cadets are fairly isolated during their training. So you would not be able to sow discontent among them. Now in game, and for a position in a gaming Clan, that would be a low thing, talking smack and trying to pit the warriors against themselves.

Well said. As i said, i am sure it would be much more honorable and easier to just try some duels with your sponsoring warrior or others until you feel ready to take your Trial. After all i do not see how pitting warriors against each other may influence so much their performance in a Trial of Position :D

#72 _Comrade_

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 1,120 posts

Posted 17 June 2014 - 05:54 PM

View PostCoffiNail, on 17 June 2014 - 04:25 AM, said:

In game i wouldn't do that. Not good to cause drama, way to much drama in the last clan i was in which is one of the reasons why i left. However, if i was in some sci fi alternate reality i was a cadet training to be a MW. I would use whatever means to get the next promotion, blood name, etc.

#73 TibsVT

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Star Commander
  • Star Commander
  • 421 posts

Posted 20 June 2014 - 08:02 PM

View PostCyclonerM, on 17 June 2014 - 03:45 AM, said:

Pff. I should have expected if from the Falcons.

First, you say that cheating during honorable combat is right, then you admit you would use such a wasteful attack... I would have expected it from the Jags, quiaff?
Hey now I was agreeing. I'm all for being wise in a tight spot but there is no honour in blatantly cheating to gain an upper hand.

Comparing us to the Jaguars...

Edited by KelesK, 20 June 2014 - 08:05 PM.

#74 CyclonerM

Tina's Warrior

• FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • 5,684 posts

Posted 21 June 2014 - 03:07 AM

View PostKelesK, on 20 June 2014 - 08:02 PM, said:

Hey now I was agreeing. I'm all for being wise in a tight spot but there is no honour in blatantly cheating to gain an upper hand.

Comparing us to the Jaguars...

I was replying to Grimwill and, idneed, i would not expect blatant cheating by a honorable Falcon warrior, quineg? :)

#75 Julian Langsdorf III

• PipPipPip
  • 68 posts
  • LocationVirginia, USA

Posted 21 June 2014 - 07:32 AM

They are rewarding those who paid real money for the product. They get to run around and play a while as the sole owners of these machines in the game. Can't say I blame them, if I spent about $50 on a mech I'd want it to be rare too. :)

#76 TibsVT

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Star Commander
  • Star Commander
  • 421 posts

Posted 22 June 2014 - 01:28 AM

Nothing wrong with supporting the game. Especially with the great work they did on the Clans.

#77 _Comrade_

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 1,120 posts

Posted 22 June 2014 - 04:47 PM

View PostCyclonerM, on 21 June 2014 - 03:07 AM, said:

I was replying to Grimwill and, idneed, i would not expect blatant cheating by a honorable Falcon warrior, quineg? :D

Warriors have used unclan like tactics to win their blooding just look up Quinn Kerensky as an example

ohh btw she left clan wolf because your clan IS WEAK!!

Its win by any means necessary

not "oohhh i want to win by playing nice"

Edited by Grimwill, 22 June 2014 - 04:52 PM.

#78 CyclonerM

Tina's Warrior

• FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • 5,684 posts

Posted 23 June 2014 - 04:05 AM

View PostGrimwill, on 22 June 2014 - 04:47 PM, said:

Warriors have used unclan like tactics to win their blooding just look up Quinn Kerensky as an example

ohh btw she left clan wolf because your clan IS WEAK!!

Its win by any means necessary

not "oohhh i want to win by playing nice"

You are simply betraying every single ideal of the Way of the Clans. And you Jade Falcons call yourselves the most honorable Clan ;)

#79 _Comrade_

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 1,120 posts

Posted 23 June 2014 - 02:07 PM

View PostCyclonerM, on 23 June 2014 - 04:05 AM, said:

You are simply betraying every single ideal of the Way of the Clans. And you Jade Falcons call yourselves the most honorable Clan ^_^

Did Quinn Kerensky also betray the way of the clans?

#80 CyclonerM

Tina's Warrior

• FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • 5,684 posts

Posted 24 June 2014 - 03:23 AM

View PostGrimwill, on 23 June 2014 - 02:07 PM, said:

Did Quinn Kerensky also betray the way of the clans?

To be honest i have never heard of him. Is he (edit: *she*) a Dark Age character? I have not start reading about it yet..

And anyway we do not claim to be the most traditionalists, quineg? :)

Edited by CyclonerM, 24 June 2014 - 03:27 AM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users